Men's Postseason Tournament Talk 2021-22

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Re: Men's Postseason Tournament Talk 2021-22

Unread post by RamStock »

Going to brutal in Rhode Island over the next week or so. Thought at best PC gets to the second round and loses. Not anymore
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

I like Richmonds chances against Peepee
0 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Shinze88 wrote: 2 years ago
RamStock wrote: 2 years ago I would normally love this with upsets and A-10, but now PC gets a walk into the Sweet 16. Makes me sick.
pc's entire season will have an asterisk (*) written all over it, it would only make sense they need to beat a 13 & 12 seed to get to the S16.
People will forget and won’t care. They will just remember PC making the sweet 16. Richmond was a one game wonder
0 x
kal-65
Jeff Kent

Unread post by kal-65 »

imo i would think richmond isn't looking to replace their staff
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

RamStock wrote: 2 years ago
RamStock wrote: 2 years ago I would normally love this with upsets and A-10, but now PC gets a walk into the Sweet 16. Makes me sick.
pc's entire season will have an asterisk (*) written all over it, it would only make sense they need to beat a 13 & 12 seed to get to the S16.
People will forget and won’t care. They will just remember PC making the sweet 16. Richmond was a one game wonder

Exactly this.

EVERYTHING has aligned for them this season, getting a double digit seed in the second round should not be a surprise.
0 x
Go Rhody
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Stop with the PC bashing. It's petty and embarrassing. In the postseason a win is a win. Richmond just beat a team some thought had a chance to go deep. They're a hot team and no pushover.
1 x
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

I will hate on PC till the day I die lol
2 x
PCFriars
Jeff Kent

Unread post by PCFriars »

PeteRI wrote: 2 years ago
Stop with the PC bashing. It's petty and embarrassing. In the postseason a win is a win. Richmond just beat a team some thought had a chance to go deep. They're a hot team and no pushover.

Hear hear - beer on me Pete. And great get if you can close the deal with Archie.
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

PCFriars wrote: 2 years ago

Hear hear - beer on me Pete. And great get if you can close the deal with Archie.
congrats on the win.
2 x
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Unread post by PlayMikeMotenMore »

reef wrote: 2 years ago Nathan Cayo coming up big
So have the refs for Richmond. Iowa has legitimate beef.
Hundreds of plays in the game. Yes, a big missed call. But Iowa laid an egg today. Nobody to blame but themselves. Awful defending baseline out of bounds plays.
0 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

I'm rooting for PC.

#IDGAF
2 x
:lol:
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

What a horribly-officiated game! Although, it's nice to be the beneficiary of a bad whistle.
0 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

KeaneyBluBallz wrote: 2 years ago I'm rooting for PC.

#IDGAF
MODS: This guy should be banned.

THORR: His ticket privileges should be revoked.
2 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

Rhode_Island_Red wrote: 2 years ago
KeaneyBluBallz wrote: 2 years ago I'm rooting for PC.

#IDGAF
MODS: This guy should be banned.

THORR: His ticket privileges should be revoked.
did you go to the RC this season??... he'll happily take my $.
0 x
:lol:
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Georgia State hanging tough despite missing their best big man.
0 x
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

PeteRI wrote: 2 years ago Georgia State hanging tough despite missing their best big man.
We had some luck in the Georgia State squad that showed up at the Ryan Center but would have enjoyed the game more if they were at full strength.
0 x
Shinze88
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Shinze88 »

I wouldn't call it bashing as much as stating the obvious, they cant control who they play, they only need to beat who lines up against them. BUT, they've had every possible scenario break right for them and now having to play a 12 seed to get to the S16 is just another lucky break. All the credit to them for beating these teams, but many of their marquee wins were against short handed teams. There is no way this is a better team than Nova or UCONN. Having said that, they have very likeable players and know how to execute down the stretch. I know I wish my team was still playing.
2 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

I wouldn't call it PC bashing as much as I don't believe Richmond has any shot to beat PC. This is one of those cases where they get to the tourney get a win and now everything is a success. For me having to listen to PC fans brag about the Sweet 16 is sickening. We haven't even been blimp on the map lately so it would have been nice to see PC lose.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

16-seed Norfolk State beat by 1-seed Baylor today 85-49. Tough day for Dana Tate 0-5 FG, 0-3 on 3FG, 1 rebound, no points in 18 minutes

8-seed ACC North Carolina taking it to 9-seed BE Marquette 81-48 with 9 minutes left
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Gilyard keeps playing the way he is, you never know.

All it takes is a very hot PG to go deep into the tournament....ask UConn fans........
3 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Zags turned it on 2h blasted Ga St
0 x
woodennickel1
ARD

Unread post by woodennickel1 »

Your an and idiot if you don't realize the 12 beat the 5 because they were better. Richmond was one of the favorites in the A10 to start the year and now playing like it. Your even a bigger idiot if you were rooting against them because you were afraid PC might win another game.
3 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

woodennickel1 wrote: 2 years ago
Your an and idiot if you don't realize the 12 beat the 5 because they were better. Richmond was one of the favorites in the A10 to start the year and now playing like it. Your even a bigger idiot if you were rooting against them because you were afraid PC might win another game.

Richmond is not a better team than Iowa. Stop it.

Was UMBC better than Virginia? No.

Iowa picked a terrible terrible time to shot like absolute shit. It happens.

Also, absolutely TREMENDOUS you’re on here even after your team won a game.

Yea, PC fans don’t care about Rhody and it isn’t a rivalry.
2 x
Go Rhody
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Who are those guys in jackets and ties on the New Mexico State bench?
0 x
phipsiGD'11
Art Stephenson

Unread post by phipsiGD'11 »

New Mexico State looking good against UConn. a nice run to end the 1st half.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Teddy freakin Allen can play for NMSU
0 x
Shinze88
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Shinze88 »

And here you are on the URI board 5 minutes after pc had their best win of the year against a team from South Dakota, but I'm the idiot?
And why would I be rooting against Richmond? I pull for any A10 team playing in the tournament, as I'll be rooting for them to upset pc (if pc is in fact favored in that game).
2 x
Rhody_NYCT
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Rhody_NYCT »

Are the Hurley lovers getting nervous? Maybe he wasn’t trying his best in the first half ;) Two straight first round exists would be ugly. Let’s sit back and see how this plays out.
0 x
LIRAM
Kenny Green

Unread post by LIRAM »

St. Peters playing with Kentucky in the first half. Team is defense minded and fearless. Well coached and organized. I am absolutely thrilled it looks like Coach Miller is heading to Kingston! I still can't get over it!!!!

But those of you who called for Grasso over Holloway should now understand where many of us were coming from. Shaheen is cut from a different cloth. I just hope UMass doesn't get him. His agents phone will be ringing often regardless of how this game finishes.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Nickel,
One of the changes they have made is that they consider the record for the entire year and give no consideration for how a team finished the season whether it be very strong or very weak.

So take the case of Georgia State - hit hard by Nsoseme being injured the first art of the season (including the URI game) and then hit very hard with Covid in November and December - consider they won their last 10 consecutive games including winning the Sunbelt Tournament - no way they should be a 16-seed. Mark Few said it at halftime to the reporter "That is not a 16-seed team".

Same with Richmond. To win the A10 Tournament is a great achievement. Seems a 12-seed is too low for a Conference Tournament winner.

At any rate. I think Richmond vs PC is a good matchup:
  • PC won the BE Conference while Richmond won the A10 Conference Tournament
  • Richmond and PC are both very veteran teams with a bunch of 5th year players
  • Both teams have long term Head Coaches
  • Gilyard is the all time NCAA leader in steals - beating former PC PG John Lenihan. Will be a great matchup Gilyard vs Bynum and Durham
  • Golden has the potential for playing. better than today. He was only 2-11 FG and 5 rebounds but his assists were still good at 5 - but he is capable of better play - will be interesting match up with PC big men
  • Burton with 18P / 11 R - he will. be a handful for Horchler or Croswell or Watson
  • Definitely not an automatic win for PC - Richmond is a veteran team and will be wanting that Sweet 16
2 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Jacob Toppin playing well for Lentucky in a tight game with St Peter’s. Martin has been quiet for the Leg Humpers.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody_NYCT wrote: 2 years ago Are the Hurley lovers getting nervous? Maybe he wasn’t trying his best in the first half ;) Two straight first round exists would be ugly. Let’s sit back and see how this plays out.
New Mexico State is looking confident and talented
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody74 wrote: 2 years ago Jacob Toppin playing well for Lentucky in a tight game with St Peter’s. Martin has been quiet for the Leg Humpers.
Toppin and/or Mintz could start the 2nd half. I've seen Calipari do that before this season
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Now or never UConn.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Could you ever imagine running to the PC message board right after a URI tournament win? Pretty sad.
0 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

adam914 wrote: 2 years ago Could you ever imagine running to the PC message board right after a URI tournament win?
Only if I was incredibly insecure.
1 x
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

I'm watching Saint Peters upset Kentucky.
1 x
URI_05
ARD

Unread post by URI_05 »

Here come the ticky tack fouls against the Aggies
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Watson will eat Golden alive on Saturday.

Brutal matchup for Richmond.

PC wins this one easily.
0 x
Go Rhody
Rhody_NYCT
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Rhody_NYCT »

Hurley the great. He can do no wrong. I guess he doesn’t have enough talent.
0 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

DOWN GO THE LEG-HUMPERS!
DOWN GO THE LEG-HUMPERS!
DOWN GO THE LEG-HUMPERS!
0 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

Rhode_Island_Red wrote: 2 years ago DOWN GO THE LEG-HUMPERS!
DOWN GO THE LEG-HUMPERS!
DOWN GO THE LEG-HUMPERS!
Is there a FOR SALE sign on DH's front lawn?
1 x
NCAAs or Bust!
LIRAM
Kenny Green

Unread post by LIRAM »

The Boneyard is going to go bonkers! Jans call to trap in the half court after the made Ft to go up 63-60 and force the turnover and the layup/+1 was brilliant. He was not going to allow Cole to make a play.
0 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

I would pay to watch Teddy Allen and Peter Kiss play 1 on 1.
1 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

I have 221 entries in the survivor pool I run. 70 are out already between Iowa and CT, and some idiot picked Longwood. Crazy!
0 x
Mobley was fouled.
NJRhodyFan
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by NJRhodyFan »

LIRAM wrote: 2 years ago The Boneyard is going to go bonkers! Jans call to trap in the half court after the made Ft to go up 63-60 and force the turnover and the layup/+1 was brilliant. He was not going to allow Cole to make a play.
I just checked out the Boneyard for a few laughs. They all want Hurley fired. Lol.
0 x
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Unread post by SandorClegane »

I know this was discussed earlier in the season, but what happened to Harris at New Mexico St?
0 x
“The greatest things in life are invisible to the eye”
- Mr. Rogers
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Is this kid who looks a little bit like a young Willem Dafoe going to take down Kentucky?
2 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

SandorClegane wrote: 2 years ago I know this was discussed earlier in the season, but what happened to Harris at New Mexico St?
Never enrolled.

I said yesterday in another thread that New Mexico State was going to give UConn problems.

I have seen Teddy Allen a lot and he can take over games.

Also Chris Jans is an excellent coach and will get bigger opportunities.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago Watson will eat Golden alive on Saturday.

Brutal matchup for Richmond.

PC wins this one easily.
Watson who had only 6P, 3R today? Maybe he's saving it up for Saturday
1 x