Not All Conspiracies are Fake: Archie Miller Next HC of URI

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Rhody Sody
Lamar Odom

Re: The Archie Miller Conspiracy Thread.

Unread post by Rhody Sody »

RoadyJay wrote: 2 years ago
spar wrote: 2 years ago
NJRhodyFan wrote: 2 years ago This is the lead story on ESPN's men's basketball page. Sounds like we're close!

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... ources-say
"At Rhode Island, Miller will replace David Cox". Interesting language there. Sounds a bit presumptive. 🤔
I also found the word choice there interesting. “Miller would replace David Cox” seems more appropriate at this point. Sounds as close to a done deal as it can be.
Typo, i do it all the time at work when i am looking at KB
1 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago
Rhody72 wrote: 2 years ago I sure hope it is "MILLER TIME". It will mean that URI is stepping up financially in support of MBB.
They’ll have to bring back their Miller Lite sponsorship.
I haven’t had a Miller Lite since I was at URI. Will happily abstain from good beer and switch to Boggses for a month if/when Archie signs.
3 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

ElmCityRhody wrote: 2 years ago all these naysayers giver uppers

get your Zelensky up - get some balls

and stop giving up so easily

Archie WILL BE OUR NEXT COACH. PERIOD. STOP

Look at what's happened to me
I can't believe it myself
Suddenly I'm up on top of the world
It should have been somebody else
Believe it or not, I'm walkin' on air
I never thought I could feel so free
Finally we have a real coach at RHODY
Who could it be?
Believe it or not it's ARCHIE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzfockTg57g
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

I have had a long day so I’ll be back tomorrow but I just read 3 pages and have a big grin on my face

Sleep well KEANEY BLUE and let’s make this official !
1 x
ghostofkeaney
Michael Andersen

Unread post by ghostofkeaney »

Fingers crossed.
0 x
Boo.
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

Rhody74 wrote: 2 years ago Lots of bad-mouthing by Indiana fans. Does that give anyone pause?
None. Indiana fans are equal parts dumb and salty.

The only thing that gives me pause is that Archie has one of those cheesy Rothstein catch phrases.

6 x
Mongo
ARD

Unread post by Mongo »

This is so huge!!! Archie will bring back the excitement the program had with Dan Hurley. The question becomes which players stay and which continue to transfer. I believe the Mitchell Twins will absolutely thrive with a coach like Miller. They have so much talent and size that is very hard to find. I also think some of the other guys will decide to stay, but if they don’t, Archie can build around the twins fast. I really hope Ish and Malik stay as well. Let gooooo!!!! Rhody Rhody Rhody.
3 x
Sweep The Leg
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Sweep The Leg »

TruePoint wrote: 2 years ago
Rhody72 wrote: 2 years ago I sure hope it is "MILLER TIME". It will mean that URI is stepping up financially in support of MBB.
They’ll have to bring back their Miller Lite sponsorship.
I haven’t had a Miller Lite since I was at URI. Will happily abstain from good beer and switch to Boggses for a month if/when Archie signs.
They can borrow my sign as an Archie Signal.
Attachments
20220316_221746.jpg
2 x
'No Mercy.'
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

Mongo wrote: 2 years ago This is so huge!!! Archie will bring back the excitement the program had with Dan Hurley. The question becomes which players stay and which continue to transfer. I believe the Mitchell Twins will absolutely thrive with a coach like Miller. They have so much talent and size that is very hard to find. I also think some of the other guys will decide to stay, but if they don’t, Archie can build around the twins fast. I really hope Ish and Malik stay as well. Let gooooo!!!! Rhody Rhody Rhody.
This is becoming the case every year, but the portal is loaded with talent right now. And it's only going to continue to fill up as teams get bounced from the tourney.
1 x
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

A M A Z I N G !!!!! A dream hire . I am so excited I can''t believe it . This is a grand slam A 4 pointer a hat trick a touchdown a hail mary .
I love Archie Miller !!!! My number one choice all the way !!!!
0 x
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

AMAZING!!!!
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Things I would like to see in Kingston after official:

Tilly’s making a sandwich called the Starchy Miller. A cheesesteak with fries and potato skins on it or something.

Just a great sandwich name. Needed to be said.
1 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Lmao imagine rushing to this thread to see that I posted something but reading my bedtime brain drippings while watching basketball.

Wild ride!
1 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago Things I would like to see in Kingston after official:

Tilly’s making a sandwich called the Starchy Miller. A cheesesteak with fries and potato skins on it or something.

RIP Tilly's
3 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Rhody Sody
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Rhody Sody »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 years ago
Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago Things I would like to see in Kingston after official:

RIP Tilly's
Best cheesesteak in new england 🪦
2 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

All the Archie Miller news today is certainly encouraging. As a longtime Rhody fan I however know nothing concerning a coach is guaranteed until the press conference is final. I will never be able to forget April Fools Day 1999.
2 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Call me old but is Alby’s still kicking? They had a great cheesesteak and fries.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Rhody Sody wrote: 2 years ago

RIP Tilly's
What happened? Seemed like they hit on a winning formula. Tough location though - smack dab on a curve.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Currently watching YouTube videos that involve Archie Miller

Fangirling at 100% already
3 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

I heard from an agent last night what Iggy reported. Also heard that the Archie rumor is convenient for Archie and URI. But nothing is final at this point for either side.
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

PeteRI wrote: 2 years ago

RIP Tilly's
What happened? Seemed like they hit on a winning formula. Tough location though - smack dab on a curve.
Covid. Plus I think they might have overextended themselves by opening one in Providence plus I think they even opened some kind of pizza place in Providence as well
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

steviep123 wrote: 2 years ago Call me old but is Alby’s still kicking? They had a great cheesesteak and fries.
Albies is still kicking, and I do enjoy their cheesesteak, same with International Pocket, but Tilly’s was next level
1 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

steviep123 wrote: 2 years ago Call me old but is Alby’s still kicking? They had a great cheesesteak and fries.
Albies is still kicking, and I do enjoy their cheesesteak, same with International Pocket, but Tilly’s was next level
Damn. Wish I hadn’t missed tillys.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Rhody72 wrote: 2 years ago I heard from an agent last night what Iggy reported. Also heard that the Archie rumor is convenient for Archie and URI. But nothing is final at this point for either side.
No you didn’t.
1 x
Go Rhody
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Rhody72 wrote: 2 years ago I heard from an agent last night what Iggy reported. Also heard that the Archie rumor is convenient for Archie and URI. But nothing is final at this point for either side.
No you didn’t.
4 x
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyhooopz »

RF1 wrote: 2 years ago All the Archie Miller news today is certainly encouraging. As a longtime Rhody fan I however know nothing concerning a coach is guaranteed until the press conference is final. I will never be able to forget April Fools Day 1999.
Please Please Please do not bring up April fools 1999, I still have PTSD over it.
1 x
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special" - Jim Valvano
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Jersey77 wrote: 2 years ago
Iggy1979 wrote: 2 years ago Archie will want the $ to hire Kenya Hunter and or Tom Ostrom. He won't settle for the kind of staff Cox had
Iggy getting Archie would be a slam dunk, I didn't expect.
But very doubtful Hunter or Ostrom would even consider coming here, even though they are close with Archie.
Is Ostrom employed?
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Iggy1979 wrote: 2 years ago
Iggy1979 wrote: 2 years ago Archie will want the $ to hire Kenya Hunter and or Tom Ostrom. He won't settle for the kind of staff Cox had
Iggy getting Archie would be a slam dunk, I didn't expect.
But very doubtful Hunter or Ostrom would even consider coming here, even though they are close with Archie.
Is Ostrom employed?
Actually I haven't heard.

But yeah I suppose Ostrom could be a possibility if Miller is hired.
Maybe he is waiting until Archie finds a landing spot.

As far as Hunter which would be a homerun, very doubtful he would follow.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Hahahahahaahahahahaha
2 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Kenya Hunter is making $350,000 at Indiana. He left UConn- was a little miffed that Kimani Young was named associate head coach but also to join his buddy Archie at Indiana, trying to help him keep his job. Archie was fired, and Kenya stayed.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 years ago
Hahahahahaahahahahaha
To at least give 72 someeee credit, his last sentence is actually correct.
0 x
Go Rhody
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

I'm still awaiting a an official confirmation report before I go nuts.
1 x
GO RAMS
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Ha ha its final on uri side they want him bad
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Rhodymob05 wrote: 2 years ago I'm still awaiting a an official confirmation report before I go nuts.
Yes, agree, too early to celebrate.

It is good to hear that we are at least proactive in trying to land a splash name.

Also he is the first one mentioned as a serious candidate, which has been leaked out.
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

ace wrote: 2 years ago Kenya Hunter is making $350,000 at Indiana. He left UConn- was a little miffed that Kimani Young was named associate head coach but also to join his buddy Archie at Indiana, trying to help him keep his job. Archie was fired, and Kenya stayed.
Mike Woodson is a class act, and yeah it was probably very smart of him to retain Hunter.
0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

I could see Ostrom as associate head coach. Then get some young recruiters who know the northeast.
1 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

ace wrote: 2 years ago Kenya Hunter is making $350,000 at Indiana. He left UConn- was a little miffed that Kimani Young was named associate head coach but also to join his buddy Archie at Indiana, trying to help him keep his job. Archie was fired, and Kenya stayed.
Mike Woodson is a class act, and yeah it was probably very smart of him to retain Hunter.
I think its funnier from Kenya’s perspective. “I got you, Arch… Wait, you’re fired? Sucks to be you, I’m staying.”
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 years ago
Hahahahahaahahahahaha
To at least give 72 someeee credit, his last sentence is actually correct.
It’s the “I heard from an agent” part that made me laugh. Did you also tell that agent your fantastic idea of having Tammi Reiss coach the men and women basketball team at the same time?

I don’t think anyone knows anything. Honestly, I was told it’s Mack or Bobby for splash hires, and Archie was out from a few people that usually give me good intel. It looks like they were wrong. The new rumors are we have a press conference set up for next week which means this is going to be happening soon, right? Who the hell knows

I don’t want to get my hopes up until it’s official. Please, god let this happen!!
2 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Iggy1979 wrote: 2 years ago I could see Ostrom as associate head coach. Then get some young recruiters who know the northeast.
I was just thinking the same thing.

But we are probably putting the cart before the horse for now.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Iggy1979 wrote: 2 years ago I could see Ostrom as associate head coach. Then get some young recruiters who know the northeast.
While he’s not young per se the guy Carrol who just left Mt Hermon would be an amazing get for any NE program. I also would love to see Tyson make the staff but that’s gravy at this point just get Archie.
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

I'm going to guess that the news we will be waiting for next, will be a tweet saying URI has a deal with Archie and a date for the presser.

They are working on the details......I'm thinking Monday for the announcement?

To say this would be huge, is the understatement of the year.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

2 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
scine20
ARD

Unread post by scine20 »

I hate to suggest this but is it possible that Miller is leaking this to put pressure on some other school that he wants to go to?

I just think people are getting a little ahead of themselves on this. We're already talking about potential assistant coaches and he hasn't signed yet. Let's just wait until that happens, if it happens.
1 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

PeteRI wrote: 2 years ago

Covid. Plus I think they might have overextended themselves by opening one in Providence plus I think they even opened some kind of pizza place in Providence as well
Shit that was fast. I live in Providence and never even heard that Tilly's opened a store here. If I had, they might still be in business. 🥴
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

scine20 wrote: 2 years ago I hate to suggest this but is it possible that Miller is leaking this to put pressure on some other school that he wants to go to?

I just think people are getting a little ahead of themselves on this. We're already talking about potential assistant coaches and he hasn't signed yet. Let's just wait until that happens, if it happens.
I had the same thought

viewtopic.php?p=515319#p515319

but honestly the most we can ask from URI is that they are going after him which it appears they are. We can’t control what Archie ultimately decides to do. IMO, this all looks and feels promising but I’m going to continue treating this like a very good thing that *could* happen until the ink is dry.
3 x
RamIt!
Jeff Kent

Unread post by RamIt! »

Archie's base salary in at IU was 550k plus 1m in comps... how did they come up with a 10m buyout?
Numbers seem very attainable... just don't understand the buyout number!
https://www.dispatch.com/story/sports/2 ... -autopilot
Last edited by RamIt! 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

I love the caption on this photo of Dan in Bill's article. "speaks" 😀
4 x
scine20
ARD

Unread post by scine20 »

TruePoint wrote: 2 years ago
scine20 wrote: 2 years ago I hate to suggest this but is it possible that Miller is leaking this to put pressure on some other school that he wants to go to?

I had the same thought

viewtopic.php?p=515319#p515319

but honestly the most we can ask from URI is that they are going after him which it appears they are. We can’t control what Archie ultimately decides to do. IMO, this all looks and feels promising but I’m going to continue treating this like a very good thing that *could* happen until the ink is dry.
I give all the credit in the world to URI for trying.
2 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

If Archie was indeed trying to put pressure on another school, he wouldn't need to leak things out on national media.

There are many other ways to make intentions known that don't involve a public reveal.

There are a ton of private dealings that don't make the news.
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

ace wrote: 2 years ago
I think its funnier from Kenya’s perspective. “I got you, Arch… Wait, you’re fired? Sucks to be you, I’m staying.”
Ace, you shouldn't throw Kenya under the bus.

I had lived in Lincoln, Ne and followed him closely as an assistant there for 5 years.
He is a good guy.

Look he was making a fraction of what Archie was and not able to get that huge severance payout.
Don't feel so bad for Archie.

Hunter was able to get retained, should he just leave with no compensation.
He still has a family to support, good for him that he kept his job.
0 x