Head coach speculation for 2022-23

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Re: Head coach speculation for 2022-23

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

AWESOME

bring back the glory days !

let's hire the right coach and fuck up the a10 and NCAA all over again !
1 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago
steveystuds06 wrote: 2 years ago

Yea I love these “I know something you don’t but can’t say but I’m gonna post.”
Dude you have issues with everything on here. If Rambone was told to keep something off the board he should keep it off the board. Him saying that he's hearing it's one of those four names really bothers you? Why? I appreciate anyone that leaves hints about what they are hearing including Iggy.

If I had to put money on it I think it's going to be Grasso.

Yea, if I had to guess too, I’d also pick Grasso.
Lets hope its not Grasso....That would not be a splash hire.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

rambone 78 wrote: 2 years ago If we get Pitino Jr. I will puke.

If we get Grasso I will jump off the Pell Bridge.

I wouldn't give either of them more than one year if they were hired.

Holloway would be my choice if we didn't get the top 4 on my list.
Not the type of splash we are looking for.
13 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

ramster wrote: 2 years ago
rambone 78 wrote: 2 years ago If we get Pitino Jr. I will puke.

If we get Grasso I will jump off the Pell Bridge.

I wouldn't give either of them more than one year if they were hired.

Holloway would be my choice if we didn't get the top 4 on my list.
Not the type of splash we are looking for.
Probably your best post yet.

I laughed out loud.
1 x
Go Rhody
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyhooopz »

NC_Ram wrote: 2 years ago My apologies if this has already been posted. A good read for those who have not seen it.

https://bustingbrackets.com/2022/03/16/rhode-island-
basketball-5-potential-head-coaching-candidates-rams/
is this really the list?

With all the openings around the country i dont see anyway we get Archie. And i cant see Mack going backwards so the real only option on the list for me is Holloway.
2 x
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special" - Jim Valvano
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Rhodyhooopz wrote: 2 years ago
NC_Ram wrote: 2 years ago My apologies if this has already been posted. A good read for those who have not seen it.

https://bustingbrackets.com/2022/03/16/rhode-island-
basketball-5-potential-head-coaching-candidates-rams/
is this really the list?

With all the openings around the country i dont see anyway we get Archie. And i cant see Mack going backwards so the real only option on the list for me is Holloway.
That list is just speculation and their opinion.
0 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

As the person who wrote it, I promise there is nothing official on this list and just a combination of guys I like and guys I think they'll look at (with no inside info).
5 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

giovanni wrote: 2 years ago Whoever the new head coach is let's get back to these exciting times

This sequence (EC 3, Fatts steal and 3) is probably #2 in all time greatest ncaa moments. #1 for me will always be “how do you do” with Kenny Green off a beautiful alley oop from Garrick vs Syracuse. Both were true goosebump moments for any Rhody fan but the opponent and stakes of the KG play make it #1 for me. That was literally David dunking on Goliath.
4 x
MTK4L
Steve Chubin

Unread post by MTK4L »

Watching those clips gives me goosebumps. Don't underestimate URI. This is a special place and everyone knows it. We will be back ! I can feel it.....
0 x
ALG33
Jim Eitner

Unread post by ALG33 »

Here is the list in no particular order from a reliable source.

Chris MacK
Pat Skerry
Rick Petino
Jarred Grasso
Dennis Gates
Bobby Hurley
Bashir Mason
Rob Jones
Kamani Young
Shaheen Halloway

I know I’m a first time poster. Long time reader. I figure I would shed some light on who in play currently. I’m sure someone could enter the sweepstakes but this is the current list. I have been season ticket holder for 25 years. Just trying to help in the speculation
5 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Sorry but the inclusion of Rick Pitino is casting doubt on your sourced info.
2 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

ATPTourFan wrote: 2 years ago Sorry but the inclusion of Rick Pitino is casting doubt on your sourced info.
I think he means Richard Pitino, the son.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

ALG33 wrote: 2 years ago Here is the list in no particular order from a reliable source.

Chris MacK
Pat Skerry
Rick Petino
Jarred Grasso
Dennis Gates
Bobby Hurley
Bashir Mason
Rob Jones
Kamani Young
Shaheen Halloway

I know I’m a first time poster. Long time reader. I figure I would shed some light on who in play currently. I’m sure someone could enter the sweepstakes but this is the current list. I have been season ticket holder for 25 years. Just trying to help in the speculation
Love speculation. Tis the season!

Keep in mind, I know everyone is fixated on "interviews" - but with some of the names on this list (Mack, Hurley) Thorr would be selling. He would be the interviewee.

If we're swinging for the fences with this hire - which everything would indicate - than Thorr and the donors will be selling URI and their investments.

That's honestly what we need. We need a big name with a lot of leverage. Not necessarily to "win the press conference" but to get the donors locked into program improvements we desperately need.

If we go and get Mack, Hurley, or Miller - that means the donors promised to have that practice facility open and running by next year. That means they're committing dollars to the coaches pool. And that means they're chartering everywhere.

Those are the improvements Hurley wanted and never got until too late. If you put those in place, URI is back and back fast. We also become a destination that a certain coach like that could win at - the "Gonzaga of the East" or one that continues to invest in big name coaches.

BELIEVE.
5 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

ALG33 wrote: 2 years ago Here is the list in no particular order from a reliable source.

Chris MacK
Pat Skerry
Rick Petino
Jarred Grasso
Dennis Gates
Bobby Hurley
Bashir Mason
Rob Jones
Kamani Young
Shaheen Halloway

Thanks for the info!
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago

Chris MacK
Pat Skerry
Rick Petino
Jarred Grasso
Dennis Gates
Bobby Hurley
Bashir Mason
Rob Jones
Kamani Young
Shaheen Halloway

Love speculation. Tis the season!

Keep in mind, I know everyone is fixated on "interviews" - but with some of the names on this list (Mack, Hurley) Thorr would be selling. He would be the interviewee.

If we're swinging for the fences with this hire - which everything would indicate - than Thorr and the donors will be selling URI and their investments.

That's honestly what we need. We need a big name with a lot of leverage. Not necessarily to "win the press conference" but to get the donors locked into program improvements we desperately need.

If we go and get Mack, Hurley, or Miller - that means the donors promised to have that practice facility open and running by next year. That means they're committing dollars to the coaches pool. And that means they're chartering everywhere.

Those are the improvements Hurley wanted and never got until too late. If you put those in place, URI is back and back fast. We also become a destination that a certain coach like that could win at - the "Gonzaga of the East" or one that continues to invest in big name coaches.

BELIEVE.
Agree with all this Blueman, except that the practice Facility is in motion. It’s not waiting.

In fact, having the Practice Facility Design firm already selected, hired and working on the project is a good thing in attracting the best possible coach at this time. Thorr can show how serious URI currently is and how we are moving forward. We got this facility in motion for Mens and Womens Basketbal.
Last edited by ramster 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Not sure sharing the basketball facility with the volleyball team is something we want to highlight. I hadn’t heard that but it’s real dumb if true.
4 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

TruePoint wrote: 2 years ago Not sure sharing the basketball facility with the volleyball team is something we want to highlight. I hadn’t heard that but it’s real dumb if true.
Listen to Scott Brand’s Podcasts. Thorr and President Parlange.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

TruePoint wrote: 2 years ago Not sure sharing the basketball facility with the volleyball team is something we want to highlight. I hadn’t heard that but it’s real dumb if true.
Agreed. It seems like volleyball has almost unlimited access to Keaney, so not sure why they'd be sharing in the practice facility. Seems to negate the idea of a basketball practice facility. The only thing I can think of is they had extra room in the Tootell area they are renovating and decided they could have an extra area for volleyball and do more things with Keaney
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
RhodyRams12
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by RhodyRams12 »

I believe Parlange mentioned it during Sbrand’s interview.
0 x
Common sense is not common.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 years ago
Agreed. It seems like volleyball has almost unlimited access to Keaney, so not sure why they'd be sharing in the practice facility. Seems to negate the idea of a basketball practice facility. The only thing I can think of is they had extra room in the Tootell area they are renovating and decided they could have an extra area for volleyball and do more things with Keaney
Not an issue at all. Practice facility updates I’ve now heard from Thorr in Ft Myers in November, also again from Thorr and Our new URI President in Podcasts. We are not waiting to build it, it’s not waiting approval, it’s moving forward. It’s a great Capital Enhancement to get a new hire excited about.
Last edited by ramster 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
1 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Chris MacK
Pat Skerry
Rick Petino
Jarred Grasso
Dennis Gates
Bobby Hurley
Bashir Mason
Rob Jones
Kamani Young
Shaheen Halloway

Happy to see Gates listed though I thought he was headed to a P5 job (such as South Carolina).
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Bos8 »

At the end of the day, those are almost all good names. With Grasso, I do think he is a big time boom/bust candidate. Especially if Bryant wins tonight, his name will have a ton of forward momentum. Between that and his strategy of offering 300 guys, many players will be familiar with him. I think (just my opinion) he would be able to get guys in here immediately giving us a pretty good chance of being competitive right away. What he does with the talent is another thing. And does the culture sustain when those guys leave? Will they come with their own problems? How long would he stick around?
2 x
SimpleJack
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by SimpleJack »

A ton of you are very high on him but I’m not sure I agree on wanting Holloway. He hasn’t had a truly impressive season yet, losing double digit games every year and never winning more than 70% of conference games in a season. And that’s in the MAAC over four seasons. Two 14-6 seasons in conference separated by a 10-8 season in between is a little concerning to me, you should be consistently dominating a conference like that if you’re actually above the level that you’re coaching at. It begs the question if the hype on Holloway would be the same if not for Rider doing the dirty work and knocking out Iona so that SPU could get the auto bid. IMO this is not the next Hurley situation, Hurley had Wagner on a dominant level by his second year. The signs were there that Hurley was a difference maker. I could be way off but I think with Holloway we would be closer to Jim Baron level teams than Dan Hurley teams, which would be an upgrade to our current state but not where I think any of us want to be.
0 x
Ram96
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Ram96 »

Chris MacK
Pat Skerry
Rick Petino
Jarred Grasso
Dennis Gates
Bobby Hurley
Bashir Mason
Rob Jones
Kamani Young
Shaheen Halloway

Why isn’t Archie Miller’s name on the list?
0 x
Ram1019
ARD

Unread post by Ram1019 »

It will be fascinating to see exactly how much Thorr is going to "swing for the fences" as it will be indicative as to how this program intends to continue to grow. How much of those things will he/donors promise to get and how fast will they promise to get them with those sexy plan A candidates? The coaching search process will expose the program's true intention for the future. Will they promise those things that Blue Man mentioned or will status quo prevail?

Also, when you come from a position of strength and confidence in your program's value then it should not seem unusual that the sexy candidates to get a call from you (Kingston). From what I'm hearing from 'insiders' here it seems like Thorr doing just that. Very good sign, in my opinion.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

If volleyball is indeed using it, then it is unequivocally NOT a "basketball practice facility" like most schools have these days, which is something we need to start competing with the upper echelon of the conference year in and year out.
Last edited by Rhody15 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
3 x
Go Rhody
ALG33
Jim Eitner

Unread post by ALG33 »

Because he’s not in play for us. This is not my list. Miller does not make sense for many reasons. He is currently not a candidate.
1 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

ALG33 wrote: 2 years ago Because he’s not in play for us. This is not my list. Miller does not make sense for many reasons. He is currently not a candidate.
Miller isn’t but Mack is? I would’ve thought the opposite.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

ATPTourFan wrote: 2 years ago Sorry but the inclusion of Rick Pitino is casting doubt on your sourced info.
Yes true but Pat Skerry Will only be getting close to Kingston if he rides the train alone
1 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Not an issue at all. Practice facility updates I’ve now heard from Thorr in Ft Myers in November, also again from Thorr and Our new URI President in Podcasts. We are not waiting to build it, it’s not waiting approval, it’s moving forward. It’s a great Capital Enhancement to get a new hire excited about.
I feel like you’re missing the point. We aren’t questioning whether or not it is being built or when. It’s that if the basketball program(s) have to share the facility with other sports then it isn’t a “basketball facility” it’s just a new gym for the athletics department. That seems to kind of undermine a lot of the point of building it in the first place.
3 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Yea sorry volley ball, you're basically the only users of Keaney. How is that not enough. Set some boundaries here.
1 x
GO RAMS
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

TruePoint wrote: 2 years ago

I feel like you’re missing the point. We aren’t questioning whether or not it is being built or when. It’s that if the basketball program(s) have to share the facility with other sports then it isn’t a “basketball facility” it’s just a new gym for the athletics department. That seems to kind of undermine a lot of the point of building it in the first place.
My main point was simply a comment on what BlueMan said previously - part of his note below. We don’t need to land a Mack, Hurley or Miller to get the Practice facility completed. The practice facility is moving forward.

I think the Practice Facility can be something that helps enable a good hire to URI MBB. It’s something that Thorr and President Parlange can show to HC Candidates how serious URI is about the Basketball Programs. Biggest Basketball Investment by far since the Ryan Center. A new HC can be part of this exciting addition and the ribbon cutting. It’s also important to keeping a promising HC in Tammi Reiss at URI longer. And of course recruiting advantages.

Point is the new HC will not enable the new Practice Facility - the new Practice Facility might help enable the new MBB Head Coach. Good timing here.

I think this hiring process is in good hands and we will be in a good place soon.

0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Here's the thing.

Basketball practice facilities are supposed to be 24/7/365 access for teams, no questions asked.

If the volleyball team is indeed using it, that will not be the case.

A big time head coach is not going to want to deal with not being able to use parts of the facility whenever he wants because volleyball decided to occupy the space instead of using their space in Keaney.
1 x
Go Rhody
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

My issue is that we appear to be sharing a basketball only facility with another sport, thus negating the whole point of a basketball only practice facility
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

My issue is that we appear to be sharing a basketball only facility with another sport, thus negating the whole point of a basketball only practice facility
More of a reason to want an asshole head coach with leverage who has no problem telling the University how his team will use their facility.

An 'up and comer' would see their facility being used by volleyball and say - ok that's fine, at least we've got something.

A Mack or Hurley would say "go fuck yourself."

Give me the latter.
3 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

What’s next? Sharing the facility as a staging are for like the Home Show?…….typical Rhody…….
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Martyf250
Marc Upshaw

Unread post by Martyf250 »

Can someone explain the practice facility for me? do they not practice in the Ryan Center now with all the equipment/ locker rooms, etc at their disposal? I would rather practice where you play. what is the draw to it?
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

I just removed from my previous comment. Shouldn’t have put it in. Just something I had heard in a podcast. All who listened to the podcast would have heard the same thing I did. Not sure why it wasn’t an issue then. To me it’s minor. Big picture is the Basketball Facility for Men and Women is in motion. It’s not waiting for a new HC and/or boosters. Quite the opposite. We will have a beautiful Basketball practice Facility for two excellent MBB and WBB Head Coaches.
0 x
Bo Bo
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by Bo Bo »

This list is not accurate. There are a few well known names on here that will NOT be considered. Some boosters have added names and they will not be contacted. The names are pretty easy to figure out.

Chris MacK
Pat Skerry
Rick Petino
Jarred Grasso
Dennis Gates
Bobby Hurley
Bashir Mason
Rob Jones
Kamani Young
Shaheen Halloway
0 x
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by KingstonLane »

More of a reason to want an asshole head coach with leverage who has no problem telling the University how his team will use their facility.

An 'up and comer' would see their facility being used by volleyball and say - ok that's fine, at least we've got something.

Give me the latter.
I also think how a practice facility (that isn’t even built yet) being split time wise is semantics. Build the thing first

The bigger issue we have is answering to these target candidates when they refuse to get on a commercial plane. Charters for every game are to be expected, not on a wish list
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Martyf250 wrote: 2 years ago Can someone explain the practice facility for me? do they not practice in the Ryan Center now with all the equipment/ locker rooms, etc at their disposal? I would rather practice where you play. what is the draw to it?
They practice in The Ryan Center.

Teams don't always practice where they play, hence why it's called a "practice facility."

I've always wanted the team to get a bigger/better locker room.

It's very cramped, dull, and doesn't have much going on.
0 x
Go Rhody
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

I just removed from my previous comment. Shouldn’t have put it in. Just something I had heard in a podcast. All who listened to the podcast would have heard the same thing I did. Not sure why it wasn’t an issue then. To me it’s minor. Big picture is the Basketball Facility for Men and Women is in motion. It’s not waiting for a new HC and/or boosters. Quite the opposite. We will have a beautiful Basketball practice Facility for two excellent MBB and WBB Head Coaches.
No, I heard the same thing as you on the podcast. Now that we're hiring a coach, we can't say "here's your new practice facility" when it's a renovated gym you share with multiple sports. Unless there's something massive we don't know, like there's enough room for a volleyball only space in addition to the dedicated areas only to be used by the basketball teams, we're literally burning $8 million for nothing
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Give me the latter.
Absolutely!!!!!!
Positively!
100%
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Chris Mack would be great , a place like URI can be good for him after the Louisville fiasco
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

No, I heard the same thing as you on the podcast. Now that we're hiring a coach, we can't say "here's your new practice facility" when it's a renovated gym you share with multiple sports. Unless there's something massive we don't know, like there's enough room for a volleyball only space in addition to the dedicated areas only to be used by the basketball teams, we're literally burning $8 million for nothing
Thorr calls the shots. He can direct whatever he wants. I’m 100% sure he is behind mens and womens Basketball. No doubt in my mind. Highest priority.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Martyf250 wrote: 2 years ago Can someone explain the practice facility for me? do they not practice in the Ryan Center now with all the equipment/ locker rooms, etc at their disposal? I would rather practice where you play. what is the draw to it?
You are correct, and the men's basketball coach (not sure about women's) can restrict events like concerts being held at the Ryan Center if they interfere with the ability to hold practices. Also I agree with you that teams are better off practicing where they play, and that's one massive advantage of the Ryan Center, it's an on campus facility that is basketball only, so you don't have to worry about sharing it with a hockey team or going off campus.

From a community planning standpoint, the basketball practice facility is actually a terrible idea. It's $8 million for things that are duplicated and/or better done elsewhere in connected portions of the building they're renovating. However due to the arms race nature of men's college basketball, this terrible idea has become a necessity. UMass needs a practice facility because they share the arena with a hockey team and don't have constant access to their main facility. UMass builds a practice facility, a recruit sees it, then comes here and asks where ours is. We should be able to point to the Ryan Center and say, here's your arena and practice facility, you're top dog here, not competing with hockey, but it's not good enough now
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

You are correct, and the men's basketball coach (not sure about women's) can restrict events like concerts being held at the Ryan Center if they interfere with the ability to hold practices. Also I agree with you that teams are better off practicing where they play, and that's one massive advantage of the Ryan Center, it's an on campus facility that is basketball only, so you don't have to worry about sharing it with a hockey team or going off campus.

From a community planning standpoint, the basketball practice facility is actually a terrible idea. It's $8 million for things that are duplicated and/or better done elsewhere in connected portions of the building they're renovating. However due to the arms race nature of men's college basketball, this terrible idea has become a necessity. UMass needs a practice facility because they share the arena with a hockey team and don't have constant access to their main facility. UMass builds a practice facility, a recruit sees it, then comes here and asks where ours is. We should be able to point to the Ryan Center and say, here's your arena and practice facility, you're top dog here, not competing with hockey, but it's not good enough now
But they're competing with concerts, shows, events, etc, at The Ryan Center.

Example A: The RIIL Final Four and State championship games were played at The Ryan Center this past weekend, meaning none of our guys could walk down to the arena and shoot. That simply cannot happen.

I remember someone way back posted that Hurley was pissed off that a few of his guys couldn't get into The Ryan Center because the circus was literally in town or something of that nature.

That is why a practice facility, work out rooms, film rooms (I know we already have that), lounge area (the locker room is very underwhelming), hallways showcasing our history, etc is necessary.

24/7/365 access, no questions asked.
1 x
Go Rhody
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

But they're competing with concerts, shows, events, etc, at The Ryan Center.

Example A: The RIIL Final Four and State championship games were played at The Ryan Center this past weekend, meaning none of our guys could walk down to the arena and shoot. That simply cannot happen.

I remember someone way back posted that Hurley was pissed off that a few of his guys couldn't get into The Ryan Center because the circus was literally in town or something of that nature.

That is why a practice facility, work out rooms, film rooms (I know we already have that), lounge area (the locker room is very underwhelming), hallways showcasing our history, etc is necessary.

24/7/365 access, no questions asked.
Yeah exactly. Kids have other stuff going on (class, social life) and maybe certain things don't fit into their schedule. Women's team is practicing, graduation, RIIL games, etc...there's no guarantee they can get into the Ryan Center. I remember I was having engagement pics done and Stan Robinson was using half the court to get up shots in the summertime.

Having a practice facility is an absolute must in this day and age.

For all the complaints about our free throw shooting - it might be nice for the team to have unlimited access to shoot free throws whenever they want. Etc.
0 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Sure.
The Ryan Center is shared by MBB and WBB for games and for practices. Ryan Center is also shared for Events such as Graduations, Concerts, Comedians, Guest Speakers, Freshman Orientation, Campus Recruiting functions, Fall Football Games West Stands have access to

With a Practice Facility advantages would be:
MBB and WBB can practice independent of one another. If WBB has a game in the Ryan Center then MBB can use the Practice Facility.
In hot summer months and cold winter months the Practice Facility can cost efficiently be maintained at a good temperature as it’s not the size of the Ryan Center.
Players can access whenever they want to practice by themselves, with coaches or with one another. Access 24/7
Built for Basketball
It’s used along with the Ryan center
Can be divided to allow both teams to use at the same time

Most D1 Universities have Practice Facilities that cost from $20 million to $60 million. URI is less costly primarily because the existing double court Tootell West can be remodeled and converted. Much like the single court size Tootell East was remodeled into a Weight Room years ago.

It’s important for URI to have this for MBB and WBB to keep up with VCU, Dayton, Richmond, George Mason, UMASS, Davidson and Loyola-Chicago. Plus never know when the next Conference realignments could take place. We are Not at the forefront of Practice Facility construction- more catching up than anything.

Great timing with Tammi Reiss doing great at URI and a new MBB Coach about to be selected.
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

I loved all these clips!! Amazing. I long to get back to this type of hoops and excitement. Not that long ago and also too long ago.
2 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”