Mitchells, Berry, Walker, Ayo-Faleye, Betrand in 2022 portal / transferring

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Re: Malik, Leggett, Berry, Walker exploring 2022 transfer market

Unread post by theblueram »

bigappleram wrote: 2 years ago Our old friend DCRams on twitter encouraging Bassy to go in the portal. A true die hard move right there :roll:
I thought he had a phd from Rhody or something :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
3 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

bigappleram wrote: 2 years ago
adam914 wrote: 2 years ago
bigappleram wrote: 2 years ago Our old friend DCRams on twitter encouraging Bassy to go in the portal. A true die hard move right there :roll:
Haha yep, he is replying to all the transfer tweets telling the players it's the right move because Rhody is "dead". So odd after he claimed for years to just be a Rhody fan like the rest of us!! :lol:
Anyone on Rhody twitter please start annihilating him. He’s a sitting duck.
What is his Twitter handle can you post the comment?
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

Saying “Rhody is DEAD” and being a Cox fan is certainly a take.
6 x
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyhooopz »

looks like the loser DC Rams first tweet was when Cox was up for head coaching job. Who knows maybe it was David the whole time.
1 x
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special" - Jim Valvano
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 years ago
bigappleram wrote: 2 years ago
adam914 wrote: 2 years ago

Haha yep, he is replying to all the transfer tweets telling the players it's the right move because Rhody is "dead". So odd after he claimed for years to just be a Rhody fan like the rest of us!! :lol:
Anyone on Rhody twitter please start annihilating him. He’s a sitting duck.
What is his Twitter handle can you post the comment?
HoopsFan20 on Twitter
0 x
MTK4L
Steve Chubin

Unread post by MTK4L »

Probably someone from his camp.... Guy is an ass hat. He needs to remember we are Rhody Fans. He is not a Rhody fan but a Cox fan.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass....
Last edited by MTK4L 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Rhodyhooopz wrote: 2 years ago looks like the loser DC Rams first tweet was when Cox was up for head coaching job. Who knows maybe it was David the whole time.
Nothing concrete to base this on, so it's not like I'm doxxing anyone on an anonymous board, but I always wondered if DC Rams was Cox' son. Just enough accurate information to feel like he had some kind of connection, only showing up when Cox had a connection to the program, the unyielding, blind loyalty, the inability to admit Cox' mistakes. Maybe I just want to think that poster was a middle/high school student instead of an adult with a Masters or PHD from URI, because their behavior was truly odd for someone if their backstory was correct....
2 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Rhodyhooopz wrote: 2 years ago looks like the loser DC Rams first tweet was when Cox was up for head coaching job. Who knows maybe it was David the whole time.
Zero chance. Cox is all class. This dude is the polar opposite.
8 x
PCFriars
Jeff Kent

Unread post by PCFriars »

Did you guys ever figure out who that guy is? We have a guy on the PC board as well who seems to be an insider (has proven to have good information many times), but carries himself like a jackass and does nothing but badmouth the program.

I'm curious if there's some connection.
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 years ago
Nothing concrete to base this on, so it's not like I'm doxxing anyone on an anonymous board, but I always wondered if DC Rams was Cox' son. Just enough accurate information to feel like he had some kind of connection, only showing up when Cox had a connection to the program, the unyielding, blind loyalty, the inability to admit Cox' mistakes. Maybe I just want to think that poster was a middle/high school student instead of an adult with a Masters or PHD from URI, because their behavior was truly odd for someone if their backstory was correct....

Very doubtful. His only son was in middle school when Cox was hired in 2018. I think he is in high school now.
Last edited by RF1 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

PCFriars wrote: 2 years ago
Did you guys ever figure out who that guy is? We have a guy on the PC board as well who seems to be an insider (has proven to have good information many times), but carries himself like a jackass and does nothing but badmouth the program.

I'm curious if there's some connection.
An educated guess, but I think our dude has DC Premier/AAU connections. Would explain both the info and the love for Coach Cox.
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

He didn’t have as much info as he claimed to; he just stated things confidently in the hopes that he wouldn’t be questioned. I imagine he’ll slink back for one more epic meltdown post. He just can’t help himself. Until then, we’ll always have his name as the creator of the Dan Hurley/UConn thread, the result of an early tantrum.
Last edited by ace 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
5 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

DC Rams seems like he would stalk his ex
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

ace wrote: 2 years ago He didn’t have as much info as he claimed to; he just stated things confidently in the hopes that he wouldn’t be questioned. I imagine he’ll slink back for one more epic meltdown post. He just can’t help himself. Until then, we’ll always have his name as the creator of the Dan Hurley/UConn thread, the result of an early tantrum.
He was a total ass and the worst on here, but he did at times confirm things before they became public.
0 x
Go Rhody
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago
ace wrote: 2 years ago He didn’t have as much info as he claimed to; he just stated things confidently in the hopes that he wouldn’t be questioned. I imagine he’ll slink back for one more epic meltdown post. He just can’t help himself. Until then, we’ll always have his name as the creator of the Dan Hurley/UConn thread, the result of an early tantrum.
He was a total ass and the worst on here, but he did at times confirm things before they became public.
His only connections were that he was a coach at a low level team in DC. Rhody83 once confirmed in a private message when I was going back and fourth with DC. He thinks he is of importance, but is just a leech that gets some information and is a nobody in the world of basketball
2 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

If the stars align and Cox ends up back with Dan at UConn, he'll be your problem.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

PeterRamTime wrote: 2 years ago DC Rams seems like he would stalk his ex
He may have been the worst person I've ever seen on any message board in my life. He's laughing because the players that led us to a 10 seed and an 11 seed are potentially leaving. Losing zero All A10 talent is what is going to kill our program. Losing arguably the worst coach since Jerry D is the nail in the coffin for this program. Losing recruits whose best offer was us by a mile is gonna kill us! RHODY IS DEAD.. HAHAHAHAHA ...He is truly delusional.
3 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

I mean DCRams pointing out that Rhody is dead would be an admission that his boy is a terrible coach.

Took a championship contender with 3 all conference players down to the basement and left a full rebuild in 4 short seasons.
4 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago I mean DCRams pointing out that Rhody is dead would be an admission that his boy is a terrible coach.

Took a championship contender with 3 all conference players down to the basement and left a full rebuild in 4 short seasons.
I went back in time and read the Stony Brook game thread his first year. Man. We had him pegged like 2 or 3 games in.
3 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

RhodyKyle wrote: 2 years ago
If the stars align and Cox ends up back with Dan at UConn, he'll be your problem.
What will his role be? I guess he will create an account on The Boneyard and praise all the hard work that Cox has done to push UConn to the next level. He knows that he was someone that could never make it as a coach or real scout in the DC area so he lives his life through Cox and other people that have actually accomplished something.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

A couple of the above might rethink their transferring when they find out who we are likely to hire.

Just sayin....
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Coaches have their own preference for wanting to retain guys or encouraging them to find something else. D. Hurley, for example, usually keeps everyone who wants in, while B. Hurley has been more likely to show them the door.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

rambone 78 wrote: 2 years ago A couple of the above might rethink their transferring when they find out who we are likely to hire.

Just sayin....
Exactly. Flip the switch with Rick, fill the Ryan Center, and maybe 1 or 2 of them might would not get transferred over anyway.
0 x
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

rambone 78 wrote: 2 years ago A couple of the above might rethink their transferring when they find out who we are likely to hire.

Just sayin....
Make a big hire and they may not be wanted back.
1 x
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

Just sayin....
Well idk if you meant to hint that you know more then what is publicly known in terms of the likely candidate we hire.

But this kind of did get me fired up. Really hope we get this one right. These next two weeks cant come any faster.
2 x
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

When rambone posts with optimism >>>>>>>>>
5 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

I don't have many connections to the program anymore, but the ones I have have been right far more than they've been wrong.

I know, waiting is torture....but the folks in charge aren't dragging their feet lol......
2 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

208.....optimistic until the end......
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Just sayin....
Well yea, that’s the case at every school who hires a new coach.

Kids wait to see who the coach is, and if the coach wants them back, they’ll hear his pitch and then decide.
0 x
Go Rhody
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

The coach we hire has to be a home run....without question.

URI HAS to get this right. Flop, and we're relegated to eternal purgatory.

We might as well join the NEC and Bryant.
0 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

What can Thorr offer an experienced head coach to come to URI? I don't care for his negotiating position. Do you want to give a long guaranteed contract? Incentives mean nothing with the pile of rocks the coach will inherit. Maybe a lucrative, short-term contract will interest a coach looking for a last gig before retiring. Maybe if Becker feels he's on thin ice at UVM. Langel would be crazy to take this job.

Basketball scholarships must be renewed each year by the head coach. All returning players should enter the portal. They'll be interest in most of these players at a lower level conference. Let's hope Thorr inks a coach before the better ones commit elsewhere.
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
NHRamFan
Lamar Odom

Unread post by NHRamFan »

rambone 78 wrote: 2 years ago The coach we hire has to be a home run....without question.

I'm hearing some scuttlebutt that Bryant may be moving to America East. AE is losing Hartford (to D3) and Stony Brook (to CAA). Hearing a couple of D2 programs (that shall go unnamed here) moving up to D1 and NEC.

Looking more and more like D2 is running out the clock. Teams will either move to D3 or D1, which will most likely trigger a D1A and D1AA (old terms, I know) set up.
0 x
bwerner10
Steve Chubin

Unread post by bwerner10 »

"Success is never final, and failure is never fatal"
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Eventually the cartel will call the shots and college BB will have 2 tiers, like football has now, FBS and FCS.

And where does everyone think URI will end up?

On the wrong side, that's where.

It's going to happen, just like the South County beaches will be no more due to global warming.

But thank God I won't be around to see either,.

Hell, Narragansett TB is almost already there, and the Ocean Mist will be in the ocean soon.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

rambone 78 wrote: 2 years ago Eventually the cartel will call the shots and college BB will have 2 tiers, like football has now, FBS and FCS.

And where does everyone think URI will end up?

On the wrong side, that's where.

It's going to happen, just like the South County beaches will be no more due to global warming.

But thank God I won't be around to see either,.

Hell, Narragansett TB is almost already there, and the Ocean Mist will be in the ocean soon.
Which will happen first... Ocean Mist in the ocean OR an NFL season starts without TB12?
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

NHRamFan wrote: 2 years ago
rambone 78 wrote: 2 years ago The coach we hire has to be a home run....without question.

I'm hearing some scuttlebutt that Bryant may be moving to America East. AE is losing Hartford (to D3) and Stony Brook (to CAA). Hearing a couple of D2 programs (that shall go unnamed here) moving up to D1 and NEC.

Looking more and more like D2 is running out the clock. Teams will either move to D3 or D1, which will most likely trigger a D1A and D1AA (old terms, I know) set up.

Yea, the Bryant to America East chatter has been on twitter for a few weeks now. It’s not really a secret.

And I’ll be damned if we see another D1 school move to D3 again soon.

That’s just a drastic drastic move.
0 x
Go Rhody
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

NEC will likely need new members with the expected departure of Bryant. I have seen rumors that Univ of New Haven and Stonehill might move up to fill the void.
0 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

All of this re-inforces the criticality of closing the deal on the new coach. Wish we had let go or Cox earlier and been ready to sign someone as soon as Georgia just die. Time is critical right now !
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Come on DC Rams you are better than that !!
0 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

SmartyBarrett wrote: 2 years ago
I agree with this. The only issues Cox has ever had was during some interviews with the media and much of it was frustration with everything going on. He is a nice guy and good person. His biggest issue might be his friendship with that piece of garbage DC Rams
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

RamStock wrote: 2 years ago
I agree with this. The only issues Cox has ever had was during some interviews with the media and much of it was frustration with everything going on. He is a nice guy and good person. His biggest issue might be his friendship with that piece of garbage DC Rams
Does Cox even know him lol
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

He may have been the worst person I've ever seen on any message board in my life. He's laughing because the players that led us to a 10 seed and an 11 seed are potentially leaving. Losing zero All A10 talent is what is going to kill our program. Losing arguably the worst coach since Jerry D is the nail in the coffin for this program. Losing recruits whose best offer was us by a mile is gonna kill us! RHODY IS DEAD.. HAHAHAHAHA ...He is truly delusional.
I'm sure he's just quoting Nietzsche

"Rhody is dead. Rhody remains dead. And we have killed them. How shall we comfort ourselves, the murderers of all murderers? What was holiest and mightiest of all that the world has yet owned has bled to death under our knives: who will wipe this blood off us? What water is there for us to clean ourselves? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we have to invent? Is not the greatness of this deed too great for us? Must we ourselves not become gods simply to appear worthy of it?"
0 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

reef wrote: 2 years ago
RamStock wrote: 2 years ago

Does Cox even know him lol
it could be his brother...perhaps?
0 x
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Unread post by ramfan85 »

PeterRamTime wrote: 2 years ago
I'm sure he's just quoting Nietzsche

"Rhody is dead. Rhody remains dead. And we have killed them. How shall we comfort ourselves, the murderers of all murderers? What was holiest and mightiest of all that the world has yet owned has bled to death under our knives: who will wipe this blood off us? What water is there for us to clean ourselves? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we have to invent? Is not the greatness of this deed too great for us? Must we ourselves not become gods simply to appear worthy of it?"

Here's another philosophical quote that applies to him......"I Suck, therefore I am."
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Objection. Facts not in evidence.
2 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
NHRamFan
Lamar Odom

Unread post by NHRamFan »

RF1 wrote: 2 years ago NEC will likely need new members with the expected departure of Bryant. I have seen rumors that Univ of New Haven and Stonehill might move up to fill the void.
These are the two I've heard as well. NE-10 is bleeding....
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Also, not to bad mouth a kid - but seriously who cares? There isn't one all-conference talent on this roster. Not even an all-academic talent.

Bassy seems like a great kid who wanted to play for URI which I love. He also seems like a kid who needed a JUCO year or two to adjust.

He might have the IQ to play at this level, but I'm yet to see the talent that matches. He definitely needs to develop.

For all the good Cox did recruiting under Hurley - namely Jeff Dowtin - the book on his recruiting here was problematic to say the least. The players who seemed like they would have talent, all left.

The whole team could transfer out, and to be honest, I'm not sure I'll feel bad at all. I barely have a connection to any of these players - whether it's because of Covid or the turnover. Excited to get a new coach and a new outlook in a few weeks.
5 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
URI2006_Andy
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by URI2006_Andy »

I’d be disappointed if Bassy left. Same for Carey and the Mitchells. All could be contributors on a good team. A lot easier for a new coach to find 1 or 2 stars around those guys than trying to build everything from scratch.
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

URI2006_Andy wrote: 2 years ago I’d be disappointed if Bassy left. Same for Carey and the Mitchells. All could be contributors on a good team. A lot easier for a new coach to find 1 or 2 stars around those guys than trying to build everything from scratch.
I want them 4 back as well.

Martin and Walker too.

Even Leggett.

(Shit, just realized that's basically our whole team and we'd be bad again next season if they all come back.)
4 x
Go Rhody