Week #12 Games of Interest / Rest of 2022 Season

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

Re: Week #12 Games of Interest / Rest of 2022 Season

Unread post by RhodyRam86 »

URI_05 wrote: 2 years ago Dayton first team out. Rough.

No thanks to Richmond.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

So most bracketologists pretty much nailed it bracketmatrix missed by 1 team had Notre Dame out and Texas AM in

I think they did a pretty good job no major snubs
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

9 teams from the B10 is BS, Indiana shouldn't be in.

Last year the B10 shit the bed, you think the committee would have learned something.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Jersey77 wrote: 2 years ago 9 teams from the B10 is BS, Indiana shouldn't be in.

Last year the B10 shit the bed, you think the committee would have learned something.
Fair point there 2 wins in the B10 tournament over Michigan and Illinois then their close loss to Iowa got them in as they were the last team in

Who do you feel should have gotten in over them ??
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

PC could lose their 1st round game....it's not a gimme.

If they get by that and play Iowa....bye bye.
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

reef wrote: 2 years ago
Jersey77 wrote: 2 years ago 9 teams from the B10 is BS, Indiana shouldn't be in.

Fair point there 2 wins in the B10 tournament over Michigan and Illinois then their close loss to Iowa got them in as they were the last team in

May sound like a homer, but I would pick Dayton.
After a terrible start with all young players, they finished well with a 14-4 conference record.
They also beat #1 seed Kansas.

Indiana had a 9-11 conference record, and a very weak OOC schedule with 10 of 11 games home.

Look we all know the committee has a love fest with the B10.
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

I thought that Dayton had a shot....if they had beaten Richmond they were in.
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Dayton deserves in over Indiana and Michigan
3 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Jersey77 wrote: 2 years ago

After a terrible start with all young players, they finished well with a 14-4 conference record.

Indiana had a 9-11 conference record, and a very weak OOC schedule with 10 of 11 games home.

Yup was probably a flip of the coin as IU last team in UD first team out as usual P5 schools prevail if it’s close
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Jersey77 wrote: 2 years ago

Yup was probably a flip of the coin as IU last team in UD first team out as usual P5 schools prevail if it’s close
Reef,
I heard Wyoming was the last team in
0 x
Shinze88
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Shinze88 »

rambone 78 wrote: 2 years ago PC could lose their 1st round game....it's not a gimme.

Yeeesh, how little respect the Big East regular season "Champs *****" are getting, they open as only a 1.5 pt favorite over a 13 seed. I know SDSU is a good team, but you think Nova or UConn would be this little favorite over this team, don't think so. They definitely did not get a favorable draw, having to play a hot Iowa team if they both advance.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Shinze88 wrote: 2 years ago
rambone 78 wrote: 2 years ago PC could lose their 1st round game....it's not a gimme.

Yeeesh, how little respect the Big East regular season "Champs *****" are getting, they open as only a 1.5 pt favorite over a 13 seed. I know SDSU is a good team, but you think Nova or UConn would be this little favorite over this team, don't think so. They definitely did not get a favorable draw, having to play a hot Iowa team if they both advance.
Seeing -2.5 now but you are right that Vegas has this tight vs 13-seed South Dakota State
06AEAF25-87CC-4E0D-B9B5-5C717BBB09F8.png
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

ramster wrote: 2 years ago
Shinze88 wrote: 2 years ago

Seeing -2.5 now but you are right that Vegas has this tight vs 13-seed South Dakota State

06AEAF25-87CC-4E0D-B9B5-5C717BBB09F8.png
If I bet I would put money on Colgate and Richmond.
0 x
RAMFAN
Steve Chubin

Unread post by RAMFAN »

RF1 wrote: 2 years ago
RAMFAN wrote: 2 years ago

All the changes to college basketball such as the introduction and later fine tuning of the NET is having the effect the power conferences want. A scenario with three teams from a league such as the A-10 listed in the NCAA next four was the goal. It somewhat mirrors last year when the league saw four of its teams in the NIT field. The A-10 is getting squeezed out year by year.
maybe just maybe, the OOC record had something to do with it.

Many conferences lost buy games this past season. The ACC had a particularly rough time in the OOC. See how many bids they get versus the A-10 which had a better head to head record. Look at Rutgers in the B10. It had an OOC loss at home to Lafayette and on the road at UMass but is being projected to make the NCAA field with an overall record of 18-13.
interesting .how many buy in games did the ACC lose? was it more than 11 in November? did they beat any top 25 teams?
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

A total of just seven at large bids were awarded to teams from outside the P5 and BE conferences. The Big Ten alone had more.
Last edited by RF1 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

maybe just maybe, the OOC record had something to do with it.

Many conferences lost buy games this past season. The ACC had a particularly rough time in the OOC. See how many bids they get versus the A-10 which had a better head to head record. Look at Rutgers in the B10. It had an OOC loss at home to Lafayette and on the road at UMass but is being projected to make the NCAA field with an overall record of 18-13.
interesting .how many buy in games did the ACC lose? was it more than 11 in November? did they beat any top 25 teams?
Huh? Does the ACC get bought? This is top 10 weirdest post.
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago

A buy game is when a home team pays an opponent to play there. ACC does this a lot. VCU list one of these as noted in the tweet. Not sure how many buy games the acc lost this season.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

As best that I can guess, the ACC lost about TEN guarantee home games in the OOC.

BC - Albany
Pitt - Citadel, UMBC, Monmouth
Syracuse - Colgate
Louisville - Furman
Virginia - Navy
NC State - Wright State
Miami - UCF
Georgia Tech - Miami OH
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

PC fans already complaining about their matchup. Seems anything short of playing Roger Williams U is an egregious act by the committee.
4 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

bigappleram wrote: 2 years ago PC fans already complaining about their matchup. Seems anything short of playing Roger Williams U is an egregious act by the committee.
They should’ve been flipped with Iowa anyways.
1 x
Go Rhody
RAMFAN
Steve Chubin

Unread post by RAMFAN »

steviep123 wrote: 2 years ago
theblueram wrote: 2 years ago

A buy game is when a home team pays an opponent to play there. ACC does this a lot. VCU list one of these as noted in the tweet. Not sure how many buy games the acc lost this season.
it's not that complicated to understand, you pay a loser team so you get home game revenue and an easy win. PC and P5 teams do this all the time because they are scared to play a-10 teams and others. when a10 teams teams do the same thing to borderline division 2 teams and lose its hard to get at large bids
1 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

I think Miami is the only team in that list that made the tournament tho
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

bigappleram wrote: 2 years ago I think Miami is the only team in that list that made the tournament tho
NONE of the guarantee games lost by A- 10 squads were by its NCAA Tournament teams.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

bigappleram wrote: 2 years ago PC fans already complaining about their matchup. Seems anything short of playing Roger Williams U is an egregious act by the committee.
Really happy they get a hot Iowa team if they get by SDSU that’s a tough road to the 2nd weekend
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Really happy they get a hot Iowa team if they get by SDSU that’s a tough road to the 2nd weekend
Solid chance pc gets upset. That’s a tough matchup. Low level teams with high powered offenses always have a punchers chance.
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago
Solid chance pc gets upset. That’s a tough matchup. Low level teams with high powered offenses always have a punchers chance.
Jackrabbits are the best three point shooting team in the country by 4 whole percentage points.

PC is going down.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

PeterRamTime wrote: 2 years ago

Jackrabbits are the best three point shooting team in the country by 4 whole percentage points.

PC is going down.
That be great I want them gone
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Wishing we could be complaining about, matchups, sites, game times…..someday soon…
3 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

RF1 wrote: 2 years ago A total of just seven at large bids were awarded to teams from outside the P5 and BE conferences. The Big Ten alone had more.
I think mid majors had a down year - but it is ridiculous really at this point. I get that the 8th B10 may technically on paper be better then the 3rd A10 team but I really doubt there is that much difference. The nation has already seen that 8th B10 team play against top competition - the NCAA will ruin the best 4 days in sports by not recognizing the underdog story is what makes the tournament exciting, but to make the story work you need more of those teams. B10 teams are not underdogs.

BE teams play the numbers well but I still think are overrated, let’s see how it plays out this year again but I don’t expect many to pass the first weekend.
1 x
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by KingstonLane »

RF1 wrote: 2 years ago A total of just seven at large bids were awarded to teams from outside the P5 and BE conferences. The Big Ten alone had more.
Would love to know that number each year for say the last 10 years. I don’t think it’s that different than what we normally see.

There was some good data recently (having trouble finding it) that mid major teams were a lot more successful than those bottom of the barrel P6 teams that got in.
1 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Chickenshit Ed's Cooley was probably up all night trying to figure out a way to duck this game.
2 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

I'm very interested to see how the local media reacts if PC loses in the first round... my guess it'll be mostly "Unfortunate end to the greatest season in college basketball history" and less "The only way Ed Cooley will ever get to the Sweet 16 will be if he buys a ticket."
0 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

SmartyBarrett wrote: 2 years ago I'm very interested to see how the local media reacts if PC loses in the first round... my guess it'll be mostly "Unfortunate end to the greatest season in college basketball history" and less "The only way Ed Cooley will ever get to the Sweet 16 will be if he buys a ticket."
Fryah Frank Carp-ano will probably commit suicide on live TV.
0 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Rhode_Island_Red wrote: 2 years ago
SmartyBarrett wrote: 2 years ago I'm very interested to see how the local media reacts if PC loses in the first round... my guess it'll be mostly "Unfortunate end to the greatest season in college basketball history" and less "The only way Ed Cooley will ever get to the Sweet 16 will be if he buys a ticket."
Fryah Frank Carp-ano will probably commit suicide on live TV.
...dude what the hell is your problem
1 x
Go Rhody