18 MD G Matt Balanc (Quinnipiac Commit)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
ace
Ernie Calverley

Re: 18 MD G Matt Balanc (Quinnipiac Commit)

Unread post by ace »

What an absolute fever dream of a thread.
1 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

ace wrote: 2 years ago What an absolute fever dream of a thread.
Four guards mentioned - Balanc, Brendan Adams, Malik Martin and Amir Harris - and I guess Malik or Balanc was the best, although Malik turned out to be more of a 3 than a combo guard. Balanc's stat line is very boom-or-bust his first two years - don't know if there was an injury at play or something else. Harris and Adams played some minutes for their respective programs, but their PERs and stats are pretty bad. (Note: If the "Martin" mentioned is Tyrese, he's clearly better than the other three. Couldn't tell from the context of this thread, but that kind of makes more sense.)
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

SGreenwell wrote: 2 years ago
ace wrote: 2 years ago What an absolute fever dream of a thread.
Four guards mentioned - Balanc, Brendan Adams, Malik Martin and Amir Harris - and I guess Malik or Balanc was the best, although Malik turned out to be more of a 3 than a combo guard. Balanc's stat line is very boom-or-bust his first two years - don't know if there was an injury at play or something else. Harris and Adams played some minutes for their respective programs, but their PERs and stats are pretty bad. (Note: If the "Martin" mentioned is Tyrese, he's clearly better than the other three. Couldn't tell from the context of this thread, but that kind of makes more sense.)
It has to be Tyrese given the recruiting class and who committed when.

This thread also reminds me how much I hate the term “handler.”
1 x
Slim
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Slim »

Told y’all Matt Balanc was good. Lol. Also, said Wood can’t play, so we see how that turned out.. Don’t be mad at the facts!

2022 Mike Myrie- URI should be all over this kid ASAP.

0 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

Slim wrote: 2 years ago Told y’all Matt Balanc was good. Lol. Also, said Wood can’t play, so we see how that turned out.. Don’t be mad at the facts!

I know you're a Balanc cheerleader and not a URI fan but URI isn't "all over" anybody...because the coaching position is vacant
1 x
Slim
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Slim »

RhodyKyle wrote: 2 years ago
Slim wrote: 2 years ago Told y’all Matt Balanc was good. Lol. Also, said Wood can’t play, so we see how that turned out.. Don’t be mad at the facts!

I know you're a Balanc cheerleader and not a URI fan but URI isn't "all over" anybody...because the coaching position is vacant
Sorry not Cheerleader/Handler etc. I just knew Balanc had the athleticism , skill set & motor to be good college player. Also, I have nothing against URI or any other college program. Yes, I’m aware they don’t have Coach, but there’s always eyes and ears around every program. Let’s not make it personal. It’s really not that serious. It’s time for March Madness. 😃
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Slim, any explanation for why Balanc yo-yo'ed in and out of the lineup so much? Was he hurt? Looking at his stats, I ultimately don't think we missed much. His numbers are slightly better than Jeremy Sheppard, at a lower conference, and what URI was desperately missing under Cox was star-level talent to replace the players that graduated or transferred (Russell, Dowtin, Martin, Terrell, etc.), not just more decent regulars.
2 x
Slim
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Slim »

SGreenwell wrote: 2 years ago Slim, any explanation for why Balanc yo-yo'ed in and out of the lineup so much? Was he hurt? Looking at his stats, I ultimately don't think we missed much. His numbers are slightly better than Jeremy Sheppard, at a lower conference, and what URI was desperately missing under Cox was star-level talent to replace the players that graduated or transferred (Russell, Dowtin, Martin, Terrell, etc.), not just more decent regulars.
No worries you guys didn’t like Balanc. I never said you missed out, but I said Matt Balanc can play and would be good college player. No need to debate. 👍🏾
0 x
Slim
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Slim »

Great career. Things worked out well. MAAC player of the Year. Would’ve been fine in the A10.

https://www.courant.com/2024/03/11/quin ... h-of-year/
0 x