Where Are They Now? Former Player Results and News

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
ace
Ernie Calverley

Re: Where Are They Now? Former Player Results and News

Unread post by ace »

Literally almost every athlete talks about their haters. It’s not that deep.
2 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

KingstonLane wrote: 2 years ago
ace wrote: 2 years ago
Kind of a funny caption. When was he not believed in? I mean maybe much younger as I don’t know his story pre high school.

Played every game as a freshmen, had a viral moment getting a steal off Trae Young in the tournament. Hurley says he’s gonna lead the A-10 in scoring some day. Etc, etc
He wasn’t believed in by the majority of people on this board his sophomore - senior year at Rhody.
0 x
Go Rhody
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

TruePoint wrote: 2 years ago
theblueram wrote: 2 years ago
Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago 20+ points five out of the last six games, including a season high 27 today.

Tough day for the “he has one good game then 6 straight bad ones” crowd.
He's not at URI. What he did here is what stays here.
He was first team all-conference here and had some of his biggest games in some of our biggest games. If watching this team this year didn’t prove to people that Fatts wasn’t the problem here last year then it’s not possible to prove that those people.
Wow and 18 points in the one game under 20

Fatts getting it done
0 x
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by KingstonLane »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago
ace wrote: 2 years ago
Kind of a funny caption. When was he not believed in? I mean maybe much younger as I don’t know his story pre high school.

Played every game as a freshmen, had a viral moment getting a steal off Trae Young in the tournament. Hurley says he’s gonna lead the A-10 in scoring some day. Etc, etc
He wasn’t believed in by the majority of people on this board his sophomore - senior year at Rhody.
I wasn’t here to see what the board said his sophomore year, but that wasn’t his fault. Went from being a role player to the guy, a big jump with no help.

Junior year he was one of the best guards in the country. Don’t think people were hating on that.

Senior year was tough, definitely got flack but was playing injured for a large majority of it
0 x
LIRAM
Kenny Green

Unread post by LIRAM »

Ace is correct. Not that deep. All players hear the noise especially those that are 5 foot nothing and 100 and nothing who just dropped 27 on national TV against a top 25 team. Congrats on 2000 young man! 👏
1 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

Five foot nothing...

You tell me this kid never had haters, on THIS board?
Shoot if I was a player hater here I would've been all over him.
Especially after what he said in Cox' first game.
But that's beside the point...
I will never forget his OT game on Hawk Hill.
And I wish him the best.

BTW he did make the shot.
1 x
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

Overall a much better career than I and many others would have predicted. I just wished he would have driven and dished more and shot mid range jumpers when his three pointers weren’t falling. I always felt he had a good, consistent 15-17 foot jumper, but didn’t use it enough. I know the metrics state not to take that shot, but it was a much better shot for Fatts.
I still remember when he entered the game for the first time in that scrimmage versus Buffalo his freshman year. When he came out, I turned to my family and said he’s going to be a fan favorite.
By the way, today’s ESPN game recap indicated he played his first four years at Penn St.
0 x
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Unread post by PlayMikeMotenMore »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago

I wasn’t here to see what the board said his sophomore year, but that wasn’t his fault. Went from being a role player to the guy, a big jump with no help.

Junior year he was one of the best guards in the country. Don’t think people were hating on that.

Senior year was tough, definitely got flack but was playing injured for a large majority of it
Do his teammates or former teammates say he was a great teammate? A great leader? Great worker? Great winner?
0 x
Rammgr
Jeff Kent

Unread post by Rammgr »

Good for Fatts. Gave us 4 yrs. Just wish things had worked out better for him at MD. Never could understand why he went there. Turgeon is a jerk.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago 20+ points five out of the last six games, including a season high 27 today.

Tough day for the “he has one good game then 6 straight bad ones” crowd.
Legitimately the first time in his 5 year, 150 game career this happened.

Still on brand.

Again no one is saying he sucks. He was a good player. Just overrated and overhyped for the whole body of work. And for some reason everyone loves to point out his extremely good games.

He lost way more games for URI than he won with his selfish play. He still had some of the best plays in URI history.
3 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Funny story I figured people here would appreciate that I saw on another message during a conversation about court storming:

Funny story told to me by Tommy Garrick about when he was playing professionally in Spain one year. They lose a road game at the buzzer on a 3-point shot that was clearly after the buzzer. Home crowd is going berserk as they rush into the safety of the locker room. During the fracas the officials are reviewing the play, or gathering to discuss, I don’t recall specifics. They immediately send one of them to the locker room to tell Garrick’s team to grab their stuff and get on their bus to bolt of town. As they are running onto the bus the team hears the announcement that the shot didn’t count and the home team lost……followed by boos and screams he said that were louder than anything they heard that night.
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Konstantynovskyi from Tulsa played 2 minutes against URI in Daytona
Novitskyi from Fordham played 14 minutes against URI

There are seven Ukrainian Division I men's basketball players. Konstantynovskyi at Tulsa, in addition Maryland's Pavlo Dziuba, Utah State's Max Shulga and Fordham's Rostyslav Novitskyi all call Kyiv home. Canisius' George Maslennikov hails from Odessa, a beautiful southwestern port city on the Black Sea. San Francisco's Volodymyr Markovetskyy's family is from the luscious mountainous region and lives in the city of Ivano-Frankivsk, a gateway to the best skiing Ukraine has to offer. It's a city of 350,000 and considered one of the nicest places in the country to raise a family. Grand Canyon's Dima Zdor is from Yalta, one of the southernmost cities and technically in Crimea, an area that's been controlled by Russia since 2014.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... and-fears/
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Maybe this deserves its own thread - "past day articles that now seem prophetic!" - but in looking up some info on the Harrick and Jerry D. years for another post, this article from old ESPN.com came up. With the ensuing statistical revolution that came to basketball in the 2000s, it's crazy to see the lines of Zach Marbury and (also mentioned in that article) GW's SirValiant Brown. The latter would finish his college career after two seasons, shooting 27.5 percent from 3-point range and average 7.3 attempts a game. Marbury averaged 27.1 from 3, with 4.4 attempts per game.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

SGreenwell wrote: 2 years ago Maybe this deserves its own thread - "past day articles that now seem prophetic!" - but in looking up some info on the Harrick and Jerry D. years for another post, this article from old ESPN.com came up. With the ensuing statistical revolution that came to basketball in the 2000s, it's crazy to see the lines of Zach Marbury and (also mentioned in that article) GW's SirValiant Brown. The latter would finish his college career after two seasons, shooting 27.5 percent from 3-point range and average 7.3 attempts a game. Marbury averaged 27.1 from 3, with 4.4 attempts per game.
Cool looking at those old articles freshman Jamal Crawford would then have a 20 year NBA career
0 x
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

Dana Tate playing well for Norfolk St. Good for him , I always thought he would be a very solid if not a very good player in this program
0 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

DJ Johnson suspended. Injustice!
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
rhodylocal
Jeff Kent

Unread post by rhodylocal »

Seawrightspostgame wrote: 2 years ago DJ Johnson suspended. Injustice!
Wow, wonder if Akron smokes them now. Not a good look DJ.
0 x
Dan Hurley 2012-2018:
Year 1: 8-21 3-13 T–14th
Year 2:14-18 5-11 10th
Year 3:23-10 13-5 T-2nd NIT 2nd RD
Year 4:17-15 9-9 7th
Year 5:25-10 13-5 T-3rd NCAA T
Year 6:26-8 15-3 1st NCAA T

Archie Miller 2022-?:
Year 1:9-22 5-13 14th
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by KingstonLane »

DJ hasn’t played for them since December
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Rammgr
Jeff Kent

Unread post by Rammgr »

How about Dana Tate going to the Dance with Norfolk State? Didn’t realize he was there.
1 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Rammgr wrote: 2 years ago How about Dana Tate going to the Dance with Norfolk State? Didn’t realize he was there.
I’m happy Dana appears to have gotten his life in order.
2 x
Slava Ukraini!
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Rhody74 wrote: 2 years ago
Rammgr wrote: 2 years ago How about Dana Tate going to the Dance with Norfolk State? Didn’t realize he was there.
I’m happy Dana appears to have gotten his life in order.
There’s probably no student cars allowed on campus, definitely benefits him.

(A select few probably know what I’m referring to here.)
2 x
Go Rhody
Falcon
Michael Andersen

Unread post by Falcon »

Fatts Russell , ALL Big 10 honorable mention as voted by the coaches and media . Think we could have used a point guard like that this year . To the haters , be more cautious the next time you disrespectfully chase a player OFF . GO FATTS !!!!!
0 x
Rhody Sody
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Rhody Sody »

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... chat-video

Not Tate but another former URI player in trouble
0 x
Rammgr
Jeff Kent

Unread post by Rammgr »

Tate gets a T on Bational tv. DJ gets suspended . Not a good look for those that left Rhody.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Congrats to Tyrese on making the All-Tournament Team.

1 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

3 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

steviep123 wrote: 2 years ago
This was the final box score:

Jeff had 33 points on 13-14 FG and 7-8 on 3FG with 5 rebounds and 6 assists
EAD27429-89D7-4C6B-B9C7-06EF9E52801B.jpeg
2 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Wow JD blowing up in the G league get that guy an NBA contract !!
3 x
giovanni
Carlton Owens

0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

giovanni wrote: 2 years ago
That's a cool video, but no mention of Sly Williams, the greatest to ever wear the Keaney Blue. I'm very happy that Thorr is on board with this idea.
2 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago
giovanni wrote: 2 years ago
That's a cool video, but no mention of Sly Williams, the greatest to ever wear the Keaney Blue. I'm very happy that Thorr is on board with this idea.
There are guys who were legends at URI. They should be honored. If not, why do we play this game. Also, get that Carothers banner out of the Ryan Center.
3 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

I agree with the guys mentioned in the video, but you have to go back further than '88. Sly Williams, Pappy Owens, Art Stephenson, Steve Chubin, Steve Rowell, John Fultz, guys like that. Check out the URI record books. These guys are all over it.
6 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

They gotta be planning to honor and showcase players in the new practice facility, probably in a hall, with plaques, jerseys, trophies etc lining the walls.
0 x
Go Rhody
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Great video indeed and hopefully we start getting these guys into the rafters
1 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

This should be done in the Ryan Center…not the practice facility
2 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Ramulous wrote: 2 years ago This should be done in the Ryan Center…not the practice facility
You can do both, but at minimum it's got to be inside the arena (and NOT in the concourses) where everyone can see. Then create an app so people can get stories, stats, video etc. for each legend.
1 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Unread post by PlayMikeMotenMore »

Falcon wrote: 2 years ago Fatts Russell , ALL Big 10 honorable mention as voted by the coaches and media . Think we could have used a point guard like that this year . To the haters , be more cautious the next time you disrespectfully chase a player OFF . GO FATTS !!!!!
I forget. What was UMD's record with Fatts running the point this year? Good to see he piled up meaningless stats at the tail end of a disastrous season.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

PlayMikeMotenMore wrote: 2 years ago
Falcon wrote: 2 years ago Fatts Russell , ALL Big 10 honorable mention as voted by the coaches and media . Think we could have used a point guard like that this year . To the haters , be more cautious the next time you disrespectfully chase a player OFF . GO FATTS !!!!!
I forget. What was UMD's record with Fatts running the point this year? Good to see he piled up meaningless stats at the tail end of a disastrous season.
lol yea, Fatts was definitely the number one reason why Maryland stunk this year.

The head coach quitting a handful of games in definitely didn’t factor into it at all.
0 x
Go Rhody
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Fatts was dominant late. I loved it!

Didn't really have much around him, but he was looking like junior year Fatts, but better at setting up his teammates.
0 x
giovanni
Carlton Owens

0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

That twitter account is fairly new, but I love the old videos clips and the interviews. Top notch.
1 x
Go Rhody
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

I’d love to see Tyson back at Rhody but only if the new head coach believes he’s the best fit.
4 x
Slava Ukraini!
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Rhody74 wrote: 2 years ago I’d love to see Tyson back at Rhody but only if the new head coach believes he’s the best fit.
Yeah like I love all our ex players - but I don't view having played here as a requirement for coaching.

Give me the right head coach and let him make the calls on who he brings in as assistants.
2 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Would love to see him back as an assistant, 13 years experience should qualify him

Rhodyvault.com looks like a good site full interviews with Garrick and Kenny Green can’t wait to check it out
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Here's a great interview with Silk, in my opinion, the 2nd best player to ever wear Keaney Blue.

1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago Here's a great interview with Silk, in my opinion, the 2nd best player to ever wear Keaney Blue.

BTW, at the end of the video there is a pic with a player wearing #23. That's Jiggy Williamson, my all-time favorite Ram.
2 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago
Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago Here's a great interview with Silk, in my opinion, the 2nd best player to ever wear Keaney Blue.

BTW, at the end of the video there is a pic with a player wearing #23. That's Jiggy Williamson, my all-time favorite Ram.
Lots of great content on that site , kudos for who created it
2 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

Rhody’s first-ever NCAA tourney win!
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Tyrese won't be using the extra year at UConn. Not sure what his NBA chances are, but with how well he played this season I could definitely see him catching on to a G-League team at least if he doesn't want to head overseas.

2 x