3/9 | Duquesne | 3:30PM (ESPN+) | A10 First Round

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Re: 3/9 | Duquesne | 3:30PM (ESPN+) | A10 First Round

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago Anyone who bet the Dukes is making money.
😁
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

rambone 78 wrote: 2 years ago Both the coach and the players are brain dead. They can all go as far as I'm concerned
I think a post like this after a postseason win tells you everything you need to know about the state of the program and where its fans are at mentally. Good times lol
3 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
scine20
ARD

Unread post by scine20 »

They’re now ten wins away from a national championship…
5 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

One thing I’ll say bc IMO he’s the most likable guy on the team who seems to give effort and leadership for all 40 (even tho he usually only played 20) Antwan was great today. 17 and 11.
All over Twitter you see A-10 fans wondering why he isn’t used more effectively.
4 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

bigappleram wrote: 2 years ago One thing I’ll say bc IMO he’s the most likable guy on the team who seems to give effort and leadership for all 40 (even tho he usually only played 20) Antwan was great today. 17 and 11.
All over Twitter you see A-10 fans wondering why he isn’t used more effectively.
Antwan and Malik are probably my favs , those guys easy to root for
3 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Just read through the game thread. Here's where we are or at least where I am. In the past I would never forget there was a game on - maybe I'd be too busy with work or something and not be able to tune in, but at the very least I would be able to check the score. Today, I completely forgot the game was on at 3:30 until around 6pm and checked the score to see we won by 2. Now granted, I've been super crazy at work and would have been barely able to check the score today, but even so if I had remembered, I certainly would have checked once or twice. I haven't forgotten a game was happening since the last year of Baron's tenure.
4 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

steviep123 wrote: 2 years ago Just read through the game thread. Here's where we are or at least where I am. In the past I would never forget there was a game on - maybe I'd be too busy with work or something and not be able to tune in, but at the very least I would be able to check the score. Today, I completely forgot the game was on at 3:30 until around 6pm and checked the score to see we won by 2. Now granted, I've been super crazy at work and would have been barely able to check the score today, but even so if I had remembered, I certainly would have checked once or twice. I haven't forgotten a game was happening since the last year of Baron's tenure.
Same. Not since Barons last season have I tuned out so much.
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Just to give you an idea of how irrelevant URI Men's basketball is this season in the local market - not one of the three RI based tv news organizations sent any staff to DC to cover URI in the A-10 Tournament. They all however had crew in NYC covering PC in the BE Tournament with one station (WLNE) sending two sports reporters. It however gets even worse. While URI was the only local team to play today with Bryant playing last night and PC tomorrow, the Rhody game report clip with ESPN+ highlights followed bits about the teams that did not even take the court this day.
Last edited by RF1 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

For anyone paying attention, the Duquesne game was tantamount to a loss. As for Walker and Martin, there are games when they don't do anything-they are good against bad competition.
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

ATPTourFan wrote: 2 years ago Feinstein has actually entertained me during this trash game.
Feinstein seems to like the Atlantic 10 more than most: https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2 ... ington-dc/
0 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody72 wrote: 2 years ago For anyone paying attention, the Duquesne game was tantamount to a loss. As for Walker and Martin, there are games when they don't do anything-they are good against bad competition.
For KB members if URI loses a close game then Cox can’t win the close ones.
If URI wins a close game then Cox result was “tantamount to a loss” :roll:
1 x
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by KingstonLane »

ramster wrote: 2 years ago
Rhody72 wrote: 2 years ago For anyone paying attention, the Duquesne game was tantamount to a loss. As for Walker and Martin, there are games when they don't do anything-they are good against bad competition.
I know, what a dumb comment.

Beating Duquesne counts as a win. They’re the worst team in the conference, it isn’t/shouldn’t be impressive. It’s still a win

I get people are frustrated but you don’t have to do mental gymnastics
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

I find it a little hard to believe the amount of people who say they forgot the game was on.

You can remember to post on the message board on gameday saying you forgot, but can't actually remember the game is on?
3 x
Go Rhody
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago I find it a little hard to believe the amount of people who say they forgot the game was on.

You can remember to post on the message board on gameday saying you forgot, but can't actually remember the game is on?
A lot of liars on here trying to look too cool for this team. We get it, everyone’s frustrated.

If you remotely follow the program you know when the A10 tournament is. You also know we were in the Play in game
4 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

ramster wrote: 2 years ago
PLEASE! URI won by 2 over a team with NO A10 wins when we were favored by 8-9! :roll:
2 x
NCAAs or Bust!
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

I got a chipwich.

what did you get?
1 x
:lol:
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

KingstonLane wrote: 2 years ago
Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago I find it a little hard to believe the amount of people who say they forgot the game was on.

A lot of liars on here trying to look too cool for this team. We get it, everyone’s frustrated.

If you remotely follow the program you know when the A10 tournament is. You also know we were in the Play in game
Yup, just trying to play cool and look the part.

People have followed, watched, and posted every game this season, and all of a sudden forget when we play in the A10 tournament, but conveniently post shortly after the game has ended? No chance.
Last edited by Rhody15 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
Go Rhody
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Those people were posting hours after the game, like "oh shit, that meaningless game was today?", it's not like they were real time posting, but yeah, it was all an act. How was attendance this year? Maybe every game was a sellout but people were dressed like empty chairs, so that was all an act too?
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 years ago

Those people were posting hours after the game, like "oh shit, that meaningless game was today?", it's not like they were real time posting, but yeah, it was all an act. How was attendance this year? Maybe every game was a sellout but people were dressed like empty chairs, so that was all an act too?
The reality was thought it wasn’t a meaningless game. In fact you could have just skipped the whole season and watched yesterday/this week. These are literally the only games that could matter
1 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

The reality was thought it wasn’t a meaningless game. In fact you could have just skipped the whole season and watched yesterday/this week. These are literally the only games that could matter
Kind of like the NBA, MLB, and NHL playoffs.
0 x
Mobley was fouled.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago

Yup, just trying to play cool and look the part.

People have followed, watched, and posted every game this season, and all of a sudden forget when we play in the A10 tournament, but conveniently post shortly after the game has ended? No chance.
These people need to all hand over their meal cards, to be stamped, "no dessert." And, as further punishment, all, yes, ALL of their pets' birthdays have been cancelled.
2 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

I understand the context. No one literally doesn't know when URI is playing - it's just one of those afterthoughts. Like "oh yeah Wednesday, it's game day."

In the not-too-distant past, there would be 3-4 pages of game posts before tip off. People would have trouble falling asleep thinking about it.

No one posts literally on a message board. It's just a way to convey how little of an impact this team has on everyone. Just because people "know" when the game is doesn't mean they care about it. That's the point.

We've become irrelevant.
3 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago

I understand the context. No one literally doesn't know when URI is playing - it's just one of those afterthoughts. Like "oh yeah Wednesday, it's game day."

In the not-too-distant past, there would be 3-4 pages of game posts before tip off. People would have trouble falling asleep thinking about it.

No one posts literally on a message board. It's just a way to convey how little of an impact this team has on everyone. Just because people "know" when the game is doesn't mean they care about it. That's the point.

We've become irrelevant.

Multiple people are literally saying though they actually forgot the game was on, which is just a straight up lie.
0 x
Go Rhody
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago
Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago

We've become irrelevant.

Multiple people are literally saying though they actually forgot the game was on, which is just a straight up lie.
Again, mild exaggeration I'm sure - but I was away for business and literally forgot it was Wednesday. Had to watch on my phone at the airport.

The larger theme is that in years past I would've made my business travel work around the tourney, or certainly set it up so I had a solid bar/TV setup planned ahead of time. This felt like just another game, even though it obviously is the most meaningful game of the year.
3 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

I always know when a game is on. Difference is for the past two or so months I've stopped planning my day around them.
8 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

SmartyBarrett wrote: 2 years ago I always know when a game is on. Difference is for the past two or so months I've stopped planning my day around them.
Perfectly articulated.
2 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

I'm not here for the basketball.

I'm here for the mockery. 🤓
1 x