'21(?) G Zaire Wade (Dwyane's Son) (Offer)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Re: '20 Guard Zaire Wade (Dwyane Wade's Son) -Offer

Unread post by Rhody83 »

I believe they have played one game. 247 shows it ranking history by date. On Oct 15th the entered a ranking of 333. On Oct 30th they entered a ranking of 130. He improved 203 positions in 15 days based on one game. Or D Wade has influence over Evan Daniels. I go with the second one.

https://247sports.com/PlayerSport/Zaire ... ory=top247
0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Where would he be ranked if his last name was Zablonski?
2 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

The rise of second-generation NBA players has been one of the storylines of the last decade of player evaluation. Per a report from NBCSports, the number of second-generation NBA players has grown from 10 in 2009 to 27 in 2019.

That dramatic increase supports what has long been a foundation of scouting theory across all sports: Bloodlines play an important role in the evaluation process. Like everything, it’s not the end all be all, but it’s a part of the equation that has to be taken into account while scouting.

Which makes Zaire Wade’s rise from sleeper to legitimate prospect all the more intriguing.

The son of future NBA Hall of Famer Dwyane Wade, the younger Wade has flown under the radar nationally, entering the week ranked No. 346 in the 247Sports Composite Rankings, while holding just four scholarship offers from DePaul, UC Riverside, Rhode Island and Toledo.

This weekend, 247Sports evaluated the 6-foot-3, 170-pound 2020 Chatsworth (Calif.) Sierra Canyon combo guard who recently arrived in Southern California after attending American Heritage School in Florida.

In an 83-70 exhibition victory over Phoenix Hillcrest Prep, it was very clear that despite the last name and exposure, we had Wade extremely underrated.

On Wednesday, 247Sports moved Wade to 129th in the 2020 class. That move adjusts his corresponding industry-generated 247Sports Composite ranking to No. 193 overall.

This summer, Wade competed in the Nike EYBL, NBPA Top 100 Camp and Phoenix NCAA Regional Camp, a year after attending the 2018 Pangos All-American Camp, meaning there has been no shortage of eyes on him — from scouts to college coaches.

Was the consensus opinion of Wade prior to this weekend a case of missed evaluation? Groupthink? Or is he just a late bloomer who is coming into his own at the right time?

The answer is likely a combination of all of the above.

Wade has good size for the position, is a plus athlete with very long arms and while he is a lefty, he is an ambidextrous passer. Wade has the ability to impact the game in a number of ways but his vision is easily his most impressive attribute.

More of a guard who can make shots than a shooter, Wade has shown improved efficiency, which has been aided by better shot selection and decision making in general.

In viewings this summer, Wade had moments where he would hunt shots or make questionable decisions with the ball while also not using his elite vision to the best of his ability to make teammates better.

Those areas appear to have seriously improved, while Wade has also shown much more comfort playing without the ball in his hands. Per Synergy Sports, Wade made just one jumper off the catch in seven games on the EYBL circuit this summer playing for E1T1.

Playing on a loaded Sierra Canyon team, Wade has fit right in as an unselfish teammate and is now doing a much better job playing to his strengths rather than highlighting some of the previous concerns in his game.

Combine Wade’s bloodlines, elite vision and trajectory with a physically immature frame with long arms that has plenty of room to fill out and it is easy to envision him being a serious contributor at the high major level.

Going through film of Wade this summer and comparing it to the version of the player we saw this weekend, it is clear that he has made serious strides.

But it’s also obvious that the son of one of the best guards in NBA history who had plenty of talent in his own right should have been taken more seriously as a prospect from the beginning.

Thankfully for Wade, us as evaluators and college coaches still recruiting the 2020 class, the scouting process doesn’t stop following a player’s last summer on the AAU circuit.

Wade has the talent and platform to change the minds of the many who doubted him.

He definitely has our attention.

https://247sports.com/Article/Zaire-Wad ... 137739513/
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Billyboy78 wrote: 4 years ago Where would he be ranked if his last name was Zablonski?
Not sure, but he had the same name when he was ranked 333.

Interesting that David Cox saw something in him before the masses did. Maybe helps us in the long run in recruiting him. Nowhere to hide on the National Stage playing for Sierra Canyon likely the favorite to win the National Championship.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

He is a ‘20. URI isn’t recruiting him. They already have commitments from Wood and Leggett - both Guards.
The last scholarship is going for a big man.
0 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

Rhody83 wrote: 4 years ago He is a ‘20. URI isn’t recruiting him. They already have commitments from Wood and Leggett - both Guards.
What if Shepherd never qualifies?
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

rhodylaw wrote: 4 years ago
Rhody83 wrote: 4 years ago He is a ‘20. URI isn’t recruiting him. They already have commitments from Wood and Leggett - both Guards.
What if Shepherd never qualifies?
They really can’t recruit a 4th scholarship player for ‘20 until after that happens if that happens.
They already have two G in the ‘20 class. I doubt they would want one class with three Guards.
Even without Sheppard next year’s team has 4-5 Guards - Fatts, Tyrese, Hammond, Leggett, Wood.
0 x
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

It would seem we backed away or shifted our interests towards tres berry and tahron Allen in 21' over wade right now.
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

I would imagine the father has enough disposable assets that the son could be a preferred walk-on at any school he liked.
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/288 ... title-game

Drama already starting...may want to stay clear.
0 x
Go Rhody
Tjrams91
Jeff Kent

Unread post by Tjrams91 »

We haven’t been involved with him for a while.
0 x
bkoeppen
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by bkoeppen »

Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/288 ... title-game

Drama already starting...may want to stay clear.
i remember saying that a year ago and getting a lot of sh*t for it.
0 x
DevRam
Kenny Green

Unread post by DevRam »

It is the media creating this“drama” A lot worse things could be done than just not showing up for a game...
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

He only getting press cuz he D Wade son

Kid probably not that good
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

DevRam wrote: 4 years ago It is the media creating this“drama” A lot worse things could be done than just not showing up for a game...
I mean, *he* said it on a show.
0 x
DevRam
Kenny Green

Unread post by DevRam »

SGreenwell wrote: 4 years ago
DevRam wrote: 4 years ago It is the media creating this“drama” A lot worse things could be done than just not showing up for a game...
I mean, *he* said it on a show.
Anything Dwayne Wade says or does that is somewhat controversial will likely be instant media coverage. I don’t really know the situation but I don’t think Zaire is the fit here for us anyways.
0 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

Family section behind the Rhody bench going to be lit next year with D-Wade and the Mitchell Twins mother both constantly bitching and moaning.

/s

Yes, I realize Zaire isn't coming here.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Post grad year at Brewster Academy.
0 x
Go Rhody
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

May need to talk him out of Brewster to fill out the roster this year if the transfer rule does not pass - would get an opportunity to play right away and I think would be a good addition to the freshmen class.
1 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

To update this one... Unclear if he's going to play college basketball. After a prep year at Brewster, his listed offers are still only URI, Nebraska, DePaul, UC Riverside and North Carolina A&T. He was originally going to graduate in 2019 or 2020, I believe. If he just wants to go to college or make a living, well, his father and stepmother have a business empire at this point that he would probably work in. One of his more recent Twitter exchanges:

0 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Re: '21(?) G Zaire Wade (Dwyane's Son) (Offer)

Unread post by STC »

Nepotism.

0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Sounds like he gonna get eaten up in the G league
1 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

STC wrote: 2 years ago Nepotism.

Haaaa. I mean, his clips are impressive. I think the recruitment on him stopped from all colleges quite a while ago, so they must have figured he was going to go this route instead. Family members of Giannis and J.R. Smith got G League contracts, so Zaire Wade isn't surprising. I don't think he's been subject to an NBA draft yet, so he would have to do that in 2022 before landing on an NBA roster, I think.
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Update: This is not going especially well. He's averaging 1.8 PPG through 12 games played, about 18 MPG. He almost certainly should have went to college, if he was interested in playing basketball, although I imagine he's going to be OK and land on his feet, ha.
2 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

He got some great ad-vi-sors around him!
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund