3/4 | WBB – Saint Joseph’s | 5:00PM (ESPN+) | A-10 Quarterfinals

Discuss everything related to the women's team.
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Re: 3/4 | WBB – Saint Joseph’s | 5:00PM (ESPN+) | A-10 Quarterfinals

Unread post by Running Ram »

Bummer yes. But I watched a dozen Lady Rams games this year (11 more than any other season) and I truly don't recall any player taking any play "off." This was a well coached team of high character players working in concert and it was a pleasure to be swept up in the romantic fantasy of an ncaat run. Although an ncaa bid is not forthcoming, I for one would like to thank this team for all of their hard work, focus and maturity. The product they provided was outstanding and should URI commit to advancing this program (vis a vis retaining Tammi) I plan to be in attendance (God willing) for many Lady Rams games going forward.
4 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
NHRamFan
Lamar Odom

Unread post by NHRamFan »

Their season isn't over yet! While an NCAA at large bid is an astronomical long shot, an NIT bid is not! Let's keep showing Coach Reiss and the Rams that there's support for her staying and continuing the build!
2 x
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

Cue the UVA rumors…….
1 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Rhodyram wrote: 2 years ago Cue the UVA rumors…….
FWIW, this came up on a sports journalism board I'm on, and it is rumored that their #1 choice is Dawn Staley for the job. There also tons of other coaches with Virginia ties throughout the women's coaching ranks, given their past success. That being said, other jobs are going to open up, and URI definitely needs to give Reiss some sort of extra compensation after this year they had.
2 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Haven't won a conference tournament game since 2016
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

SGreenwell wrote: 2 years ago
FWIW, this came up on a sports journalism board I'm on, and it is rumored that their #1 choice is Dawn Staley for the job. There also tons of other coaches with Virginia ties throughout the women's coaching ranks, given their past success. That being said, other jobs are going to open up, and URI definitely needs to give Reiss some sort of extra compensation after this year they had.
Let’s sure hope we can keep Tammi , would really suck to have the mens and womens jobs open at the same time
3 x
NHRamFan
Lamar Odom

Unread post by NHRamFan »

There's no way Staley is leaving South Carolina for a major rebuild at UVA. She's making serious money; is a rockstar in both the state AND in WBB. While the tug of her alma mater may be strong, she'd be giving up a lot for a question mark.
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

NHRamFan wrote: 2 years ago
There's no way Staley is leaving South Carolina for a major rebuild at UVA. She's making serious money; is a rockstar in both the state AND in WBB. While the tug of her alma mater may be strong, she'd be giving up a lot for a question mark.

Never would have thought Kim Mulkey would leave powerhouse Baylor for LSU, but she did.

Wouldn’t be shocked if Staley left.
1 x
Go Rhody