3/2 | Saint Louis | 7:00PM (YurView/ESPN+)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Re: 3/2 | Saint Louis | 7:00PM (YurView/ESPN+)

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

RI_Bred wrote: 2 years ago
KeaneyBluBallz wrote: 2 years ago
ramster wrote: 2 years ago

Dan Yorke has been doing this for a long time at URI.

Did he do something specific last night that was extreme or just overall impression?

Here is a survey that was done on KB 5years ago on him when Hurley was here:

viewtopic.php?p=306473&hilit=dan+yorke#p306473
what happened? I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary last night. I think he does a nice job.
To me it was that you could clearly hear everything coming from courtside last night due to the echo chamber crowd. So Yorke's mic was easy to hear on TV. The embellishments he makes on the calls after a bucket are over the top - he drags out the players' names and it just seems way over the top obnoxious. Maybe some like that. Too much IMO.

Maybe I’m losing patience or maybe he’s gotten more annoying.
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

LoveThoseRams wrote: 2 years ago
ATPTourFan wrote: 2 years ago Wow our PA announcer can really ruin a moment. So unprofessional!!
What foolish nonsense did Dan Yorke say? Time to upgrade him.

Eh I’ve been listening to his show too damn much on the 3-6pm slot on WPRO. He’s not a bad dude, but he needs a departure notice.
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

PeteRI wrote: 2 years ago Some postgame gems from Coach Clueless:

"When you go through a stretch like we’ve gone through, guys are so hungry to get a win and so close. In those times, angst works against you. You’ve really got to be calm and composed and you’ve got to get organized. We have not thrived in those positions throughout the year.”
My angst drives me to be more successful. My failures drive me to be more successful. Personally, professionally, whatever way I am cognizant of improvement.

If I talked the way Cox does to my boss, he’d tell me to get my head out of my ass. Which I would. Promptly.
1 x
Big Rhody Guy
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Big Rhody Guy »

It has not been a fun time to do this but I have recently started a Rhody hoops fan blog. I'm viewing it mostly as a hobby (AKA I am not a professional writer so don't expect perfection) but it has given me a reason to pay closer attention to this sad sack of a season. Here's what I wrote about the SLU game, let me know what you think.
https://bigrhodyguy.wixsite.com/website ... the-season
2 x
@Bigrhodyguy on Twitter
Blogging for fun @ https://bigrhodyguy.wixsite.com/website
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Unread post by PlayMikeMotenMore »

PeteRI wrote: 2 years ago
PlayMikeMotenMore wrote: 2 years ago
PeteRI wrote: 2 years ago Some postgame gems from Coach Clueless:

"When you go through a stretch like we’ve gone through, guys are so hungry to get a win and so close. In those times, angst works against you. You’ve really got to be calm and composed and you’ve got to get organized. We have not thrived in those positions throughout the year.”
Agree with his assessment. In other words, team does not have poise, composure. Without an experienced point guard or stud front court player a coach who knows how to coach this is an issue.
Fixed it for you.
I'll disagree with you here. Coaches coach. Diagram plays, give instructions. Ultimately players play. And plays break down and players have to react in a split second as to how to counter what's been taken away, plus be aware of time and score. Coaching poise, leadership, and composure to a player is difficult. Look at the Mitchells, for example. (Carlos Easterling had it...Herb Dixon did not.)

I do think as Sebastian Thomas gets older, matures, and gains game experience, he will have that poise and composure. He has it in him. Unfortunately, not enough older players on the team have that.
0 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

I actually went to the game, had tix for months. Agreed with the poster that the mood was quiet and even among the die hards who have been going for decades, none of the ones I spoke to expected us win the game…and I assume there was about 2500 people.
0 x
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

Nice job Bigrhodyguy , agreed with most of what you had to say about the game and the team.
1 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

rhodysurf wrote: 2 years ago Yeah Yorke and the sound mixing both suck. Bring back the original guy (I know hes on to greater things)
Mike Mancuso took his job seriously and was a professional.
1 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund