Senior Day URI MBB Saturday Feb 26 12:30pm vs Duquesne

For any college sports discussion not based in Kingston
ramster
Frank Keaney

Senior Day URI MBB Saturday Feb 26 12:30pm vs Duquesne

Unread post by ramster »

Only 2 remaining home games

Duquesne | February 26 at 12:30 pm
Senior Day: Arrive early and help celebrate the careers of Jeremy Sheppard and Ish El-Amin pregame.

Wednesday March 2 vs St Louis at 7:00pm
Last edited by ramster 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Re: Senior Day Saturday February 26 12:30pm vs Duquesne

Unread post by steviep123 »

Isn't senior day usually the last game? Not the 2nd to last?
1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

steviep123 wrote: 2 years ago Isn't senior day usually the last game? Not the 2nd to last?
That’s why I’m posting it so everyone knows. This year it is the Saturday game.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Senior Day for WBB

St. Bonaventure | February 23 at 6 pm
Senior Day: Join us as we honor seniors Emmanuelle Tahane, Marie-Paule Foppossi, Marta Vargas, Chanell Williams, and Dez Elmore!
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Senior Day for WBB

St. Bonaventure | February 23 at 6 pm
Senior Day: Join us as we honor seniors Emmanuelle Tahane, Marie-Paule Foppossi, Marta Vargas, Chanell Williams, and Dez Elmore!
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

....and why are you posting it on "all other sports" section?

I have yet to see a press release saying senior day is the second to last home game.
0 x
Go Rhody
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago ....and why are you posting it on "all other sports" section?

I have yet to see a press release saying senior day is the second to last home game.
No press release, it's in the promotions section:

Senior Day: Arrive early and help celebrate the careers of Jeremy Sheppard and Ish El-Amin pregame.
Young Alumni Shaidzon Offer: Once a RAM, Always a RAM – Available for recent URI grads (2012-2021), grab a lower level ticket, (1) beer voucher at the game, (1) beer voucher at Shaidzon and either a Replica Jersey or Winter Texting Gloves for only $14 HERE.
3-Game Mini Plan: Three (3) great games for as low as $48. Grab a 3-game mini plan including Davidson + 2 games today HERE.
Family Four pack: Grab 4 lower level tickets + 4 sodas + 4 popcorns for only $60 HERE.
Shaidzon 4 Pack: 4 tickets + 4 Shaidzon beers for only $50 HERE.

Saint Louis | March 2 at 7:00 pm
3-Game Mini Plan: Three (3) great games for as low as $48. Grab a 3-game mini plan including Davidson + 2 games today HERE.
High School Night: High School basketball players and coaches can receive one (1) FREE ticket. Click here to fill out a request form.
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 years ago
Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago ....and why are you posting it on "all other sports" section?

No press release, it's in the promotions section:

Young Alumni Shaidzon Offer: Once a RAM, Always a RAM – Available for recent URI grads (2012-2021), grab a lower level ticket, (1) beer voucher at the game, (1) beer voucher at Shaidzon and either a Replica Jersey or Winter Texting Gloves for only $14 HERE.
Family Four pack: Grab 4 lower level tickets + 4 sodas + 4 popcorns for only $60 HERE.
Shaidzon 4 Pack: 4 tickets + 4 Shaidzon beers for only $50 HERE.

Saint Louis | March 2 at 7:00 pm
High School Night: High School basketball players and coaches can receive one (1) FREE ticket. Click here to fill out a request form.

It is so URI to have a senior day on the second to last home game. Incredible.
Last edited by Rhody15 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

So I’m trying to help people out here Rhode 15. I’m doing so because the Day is coming up soon and yes, it’s true, it’s NOT the last home game of the year. Hence the heads up, you are welcome.

It’s in the Ticketing Section under promotions.

I bought extra tix for the last game of the year months ago knowing it’s usually well attended. Little did I know then Senior Day wouldn’t be the last game.

Then I noticed Senior Day is The 2nd last game. I double confirmed this with the URI Ticket Office during the Dayton Home Game Monday night this week.

I posted the info here early this morning. Since then it has disappeared and reappeared about 2-3 times IN the NCAA or Bust Section as it should be. My guess is a moderator or two are confirming my info since it is an unusual scheduling of Senior Day. I don’t know.

Then my Senior Day post just reappeared in this section a few minutes ago. :roll: :roll: :roll: I didn’t put it here. My Senior Day Game post was originally in the NCAA or Bust section.

Sorry for the confusion but it’s not on me.
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

ramster wrote: 2 years ago

So I’m trying to help people out here Rhode 15. I’m doing so because the Day is coming up soon and yes, it’s true, it’s NOT the last home game of the year. Hence the heads up, you are welcome.

I bought extra tix for the last game of the year months ago knowing it’s usually well attended. Little did I know then Senior Day wouldn’t be the last game.

Then I noticed Senior Day is The 2nd last game. I double confirmed this with the URI Ticket Office during the Dayton Home Game Monday night this week.

I posted the info here early this morning. Since then it has disappeared and reappeared about 2-3 times IN the NCAA or Bust Section as it should be. My guess is a moderator or two are confirming my info since it is an unusual scheduling of Senior Day. I don’t know.

Then my Senior Day post just reappeared in this section a few minutes ago. :roll: :roll: :roll: I didn’t put it here. My Senior Day Game post was originally in the NCAA or Bust section.

Yea, I'd love for the school to give its reasoning for it being this game.

Maybe because it a lesser opponent and they think we have a better chance to win? Who knows.
1 x
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago
ramster wrote: 2 years ago

Yea, I'd love for the school to give its reasoning for it being this game.

Maybe because it a lesser opponent and they think we have a better chance to win? Who knows.
Don’t know. The WBB is on a Wednesday night.
Maybe if the game is in a Saturday it’s easier to get the Family there on a Weekend. Jeremy Sheppard and Ishmael El-Amin are to be honored per the GoRhody Website.

But if a Senior Day that is traditionally scheduled on the last game of the season is moved to the next to last home game then the Marketing/Advertising/Ticketing Groups should take extra steps to make the customer base aware imho.

I just want posters like Neil who write special stories about each Senior every year to be aware. Would hate to see Senior Day get missed for those who cherish this event each year.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

C6BD0023-D3EE-4B1E-B51C-FF80F8C640FE.png
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Re: Senior Day URI MBB Saturday Feb 26 12:30pm vs Duquesne

Unread post by ramster »

From Good Five Cent Cigar Article

The Rams next take on Duquesne University at the Ryan Center this Saturday for Senior Day. Guards Jeremy Sheppard and Ishmael El-Amin will be honored pregame for their achievements as student-athletes. Tip-off is at 12:30 p.m. and the game can be seen on the USA Network.
0 x