2/19 | George Washington | 6:00PM (ESPN+)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Re: 2/19 | George Washington | 6:00PM (ESPN+)

Unread post by Blue Man »

Double digit Q3 loss to the #231 team in the country lol.

Luke we turned that corner huh?
4 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

rhodyrudder wrote: 2 years ago Gonna repeat myself for emphasis…
My first flight in 2 years was to come watch this game.
I’m not happy.
So they have WiFi there? Cool!

Also, that sucks!
4 x
Mobley was fouled.
ghostofkeaney
Michael Andersen

Unread post by ghostofkeaney »

Hate this team.
3 x
Boo.
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

LoveThoseRams wrote: 2 years ago Anyone want to guess what Coach Cox's comments will be?

"that was a really good GW team, you have to give them credit"
"our guys fought hard, but didn't come out on top"
"Im proud of our guys"
"we have to learn from this and get better"
I think you have nailed all of the quotes. Maybe add " it's a growing process and tonight was not what we wanted but part the growth"
3 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

At least im in dc…
1 x
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Do us all a favor and leave Cox and Walker in DC.
2 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Incredible how it continues to get worse. Where is rock bottom?
2 x
GO RAMS
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

adam914 wrote: 2 years ago
NC_Ram wrote: 2 years ago GW sent an email announcing the "rally in the alley" with free food and music behind the Smith Center.

The announcement precedes the vax card / mask requirement / end of the world bullet points.

Sheesh .....the lunacy of it all!
Sounds like a cool idea, wish we did more stuff like that.

Best we can do is a $9 steamed hot dog.
3 x
Rammgr
Jeff Kent

Unread post by Rammgr »

Still getting Ts and bring the ball up after rebounds in the 25th game shows a lack of coaching. A stupid T should be an automatic seat on the bench. Not kicking it out to guard to push it up the floor should be another seat on the bench. It’s called coaching which does not seem apparent here
10 x
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

I used to believe these players had talent and just needed to correct its ft shooting and turnovers . I was just wrong . This team is very lacking in talent .
They can't pass and they can't shoot . They can play defense when it strikes their fancy but otherwise don't expect a strong effort unless it is against
a very good team . they are not embarrassed to lose to bad teams . It looks like they just don't care . They don't believe in themselves and maybe they are right. I don't plan to watch anymore . They aren't worth the aggravation anymore . I'm going to watch my Alma Mater , Dayton because at
least they are giving a full effort every game . I'm done with this team after today's embarrassing loss . They are pathetic .
2 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

reef wrote: 2 years ago
RoadyJay wrote: 2 years ago Please give me something to cheer about this season.... Fire this coach now!
He has to be gone end of season
He’s gonzo
1 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 2 years ago Incredible how it continues to get worse. Where is rock bottom?
Rock bottom is losing out the rest of the games and first round of A10...we are the new "Fordham"
2 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 2 years ago Incredible how it continues to get worse. Where is rock bottom?
We burrow any deeper we're going to end up punching through Australia (sorry flat-earthers)
4 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

eli#10 wrote: 2 years ago Do us all a favor and leave Cox and Walker in DC.
Wait. I thought Walker should have been starting in place of a Mitchell.

We have no shooters and points decide the winner.
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRams916 »

PLEASE do not go to the game vs Duquesne on February 26th. The last thing Thorr needs to see is another "ok" crowd for a terrible team.
5 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

…….rock bottom…….scroll up…..
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

No question there is baggage with the Mitchell,s, BUT, as long as we are playing without a coach, it is hard to put all the blame on them.

Yes, they often play like high school players, they do not look any different when they first came here.

Maybe, they are uncoachable, but, I don’t think so. If they were playing for the Bob Huggins or DH or ………. They would be excellent ball players!

With every passing day of inaction by Thorr, the program sinks further into the abyss.
0 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

Another frustrating, losing performance and still no technical on Cox.

Does he have any emotions?
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Rhody72 wrote: 2 years ago

He should be starting over him. He works his ass off for this team. Unlike the Twins, he's unselfish. He'll come off the bench. He'll take a lesser role even though he's been our best player in many games this year. At this point, I would be fed up if I was him. The kid has a stretch of games where he played close to perfect basketball, but he gets buried on the bench behind two kids who only care about themselves.
6 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

RI_Bred wrote: 2 years ago
LoveThoseRams wrote: 2 years ago Anyone want to guess what Coach Cox's comments will be?

"that was a really good GW team, you have to give them credit"
"our guys fought hard, but didn't come out on top"
"Im proud of our guys"
"we have to learn from this and get better"
Part of the process.

We’ll get back to the lab.

We had fun out there.
4 x
giovanni
Carlton Owens

luke wrote: 2 years ago I used to believe these players had talent and just needed to correct its ft shooting and turnovers . I was just wrong . This team is very lacking in talent .
They can't pass and they can't shoot . They can play defense when it strikes their fancy but otherwise don't expect a strong effort unless it is against
a very good team . they are not embarrassed to lose to bad teams . It looks like they just don't care . They don't believe in themselves and maybe they are right. I don't plan to watch anymore . They aren't worth the aggravation anymore . I'm going to watch my Alma Mater , Dayton because at
least they are giving a full effort every game . I'm done with this team after today's embarrassing loss . They are pathetic .
Lack of talent, can't pass or shoot

Can play d when they want to, but don't expect it all the time

They are not embarrassed by losing to bad teams or anything really

They don't believe in themselves

Hmmm, That's why you can't put faith in a bunch of 18-20 year olds to form a good team. Thankfully The coach has not to do with any of these issues
0 x
giovanni
Carlton Owens

luke wrote: 2 years ago I used to believe these players had talent and just needed to correct its ft shooting and turnovers . I was just wrong . This team is very lacking in talent .
Lack of talent, can't pass or shoot

Can play d when they want to, but don't expect it all the time

They are not embarrassed by losing to bad teams or anything really

They don't believe in themselves

Hmmm, That's why you can't put faith in a bunch of 18-20 year olds to form a good team. Thankfully The coach has nothing to do with any of these issues
1 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 years ago

He should be starting over him. He works his ass off for this team. Unlike the Twins, he's unselfish. He'll come off the bench. He'll take a lesser role even though he's been our best player in many games this year. At this point, I would be fed up if I was him. The kid has a stretch of games where he played close to perfect basketball, but he gets buried on the bench behind two kids who only care about themselves.
Both Mitchells have been playing better than Walker. Game performance matters.
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

The best thing I can say about Rhody72 is at least he's consistent in his stupidity.
5 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

PeteRI wrote: 2 years ago

The best thing I can say about Rhody72 is at least he's consistent in his stupidity.
Best troll in the game. I can’t believe he keeps coming on here, but man he’s good.
3 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

0 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

I didn’t watch a minute. Just saw the score and laughed. What did I miss-the twins get another technical, turnovers, inconsistent play? Impossible team to root for so I don’t. Tear the whole thing down and build it back up
4 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

LoveThoseRams wrote: 2 years ago
Rock bottom is losing out the rest of the games and first round of A10...we are the new "Fordham"
I'm banking they have one more win: Duquesne at home. Everything else, including first round of the A-10s, will be a loss.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Next game @ Bonaventure chalk up a loss as they are coming on now 2 teams going in opposite directions
0 x
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

Our poorly coached team can not keep up with the competition as other teams become more cohesive units throughout the season. Our feckless coach lets the same mediocre players get technical fouls game after game and builds his strategy around them? A sad state of affairs and this program will get no more of my dollars as long as Thorr accepts this level of performance.
6 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

All hope is gone. The last Baron team was better
3 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

The worst group of collective guards I can think of in recent memory.

Give me Mike Powell, Rayvon Harris, Daniel West, Stevie Mejia, Billy Baron, and anyone else over these bums.
5 x
Go Rhody
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

Did we get post game ice cream?
5 x
:lol:
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

DeanDome88 wrote: 2 years ago Our poorly coached team can not keep up with the competition as other teams become more cohesive units throughout the season. Our feckless coach lets the same mediocre players get technical fouls game after game and builds his strategy around them? A sad state of affairs and this program will get no more of my dollars as long as Thorr accepts this level of performance.
What a sad state of affairs we are in , time to start the rebuild
2 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

We have a group that is just playing out the schedule. Leaderless, Bad culture. Jack Kraft would know what to do.
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

……any post game blah blah meaningless Cox speak……..can’t call it coach speak……I guess at this point, if it is meaningless, why do I care what he says……?
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

Looked like I made the right decision avoiding this game and instead attending the exciting, highly competitive Penn-Brown game. I checked the score at halftime, saw the 14 point deficit, turned to my friend and said “URI sucks” and didn’t check the score again.
3 x
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

Very fortunate to have missed this game for good reason. Was down in Chatham celebrating the 70th anniversary of the greatest small boat rescue in Coast Guard history. Governor Baker declared Friday as the 70th anniversary of the Pendleton rescue day. Nice celebration at the pier featuring a Coast Guard helicopter hovering over for 90 seconds (2 seconds for each survivor and people that perished). All names were read with a 2 bell salute after each name. Also, a wreath of flowers placed on the original CG36500, that has been restored and can be seen at Rock harbor in the summer. I am proud of my dad, Andy Fitzgerald, who was the last surviving rescuer on this mission. If you have ever seen the movie the Finest Hours or are interested in seeing it, dad is the engine man and search light operator on the 36 foot motor boat that rescued 32 crewmen from the Pendleton in the middle of a noreaster 70 years ago. I'm proud of you dad. Even though I am extremely unhappy with the direction of this team I will support them and hope Thorr makes the right decision to rescue this program.
12 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Hurley’s two sub .500 conference records came in years 1 and 2 of 6, Cox’s in years 3 and 4 of 4. They’re going the wrong way.
4 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Even in year 4, when the core were sophomores and juniors and EC was hurt for all but 10 minutes, Hassan missed six games due to injury, and Jarvis played with a mask we still went 9-9 in a conference that had three teams go to the tournament
3 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

ace wrote: 2 years ago
Hurley’s two sub .500 conference records came in years 1 and 2 of 6, Cox’s in years 3 and 4 of 4. They’re going the wrong way.
Most concerning is the late season melt downs the last 3 years.
19-20: Losing 4 of the last 7 games, and only a last second 1-point win at Fordham (I was there), also a 1-point win over UMass.
20-21: Losing the last 7 of 8 games, including the first round A10T game against Dayton.
21-22: Currently losing 8 out of our last 9 games, probably another loss at Olean on Tuesday.
3 x
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyhooopz »

Did anyone notice Bozeman last night after the technical? While DC Was talking to the ref, Boze got off the bench and started clapping loudly while talking to the players while they were at the free throw line. This continued in the next time out. He was still clapping and talking passionately to the players while DC was looking at a clipboard.

I hope Thorr saw that and gave it some thought. Cut the cord and. See what Boze can do over the next two weeks.
2 x
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special" - Jim Valvano
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Rhodyhooopz wrote: 2 years ago Did anyone notice Bozeman last night after the technical? While DC Was talking to the ref, Boze got off the bench and started clapping loudly while talking to the players while they were at the free throw line. This continued in the next time out. He was still clapping and talking passionately to the players while DC was looking at a clipboard.

I hope Thorr saw that and gave it some thought. Cut the cord and. See what Boze can do over the next two weeks.
I don't care what Bozeman can do these next two weeks, outside of leading this team to an A10 tournament championship as an interim head coach he shouldn't be the next head coach of the Rams. That said, even though it won't happen, I would like to see him finish out the season. Cox is toast and it's best to rip off the band-aid. Give the fans hope as soon as you can
2 x
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyhooopz »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 years ago
Rhodyhooopz wrote: 2 years ago Did anyone notice Bozeman last night after the technical? While DC Was talking to the ref, Boze got off the bench and started clapping loudly while talking to the players while they were at the free throw line. This continued in the next time out. He was still clapping and talking passionately to the players while DC was looking at a clipboard.

I don't care what Bozeman can do these next two weeks, outside of leading this team to an A10 tournament championship as an interim head coach he shouldn't be the next head coach of the Rams. That said, even though it won't happen, I would like to see him finish out the season. Cox is toast and it's best to rip off the band-aid. Give the fans hope as soon as you can
I don’t think i said he should be next coach. I said let’s see what he can do over the next two weeks. Hopefully it’s better than what’s going on
1 x
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special" - Jim Valvano
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Fair enough. I read "let's see what he can do" almost as like a two week audition to see if he should be the next guy. Seems like we're in strong agreement here
1 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Couldn't find any Cox Quotes™ following this steaming garbage pile of a game.
2 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Jersey77 wrote: 2 years ago
ace wrote: 2 years ago
Most concerning is the late season melt downs the last 3 years.
19-20: Losing 4 of the last 7 games, and only a last second 1-point win at Fordham (I was there), also a 1-point win over UMass.
20-21: Losing the last 7 of 8 games, including the first round A10T game against Dayton.
21-22: Currently losing 8 out of our last 9 games, probably another loss at Olean on Tuesday.
2019-20: Entered our 2/11 game at Dayton KenPom #42. Finished the season 3-4, #65 in KenPom, and went from a consensus at large to off the bubble when the season was ended.
2020-21: Entered our 1/30 game at Dayton KenPom #65. Lost our last 7 of 8 like you said, and ended the season #111.
2021-22: Entered our 1/19 game against La Salle as KenPom #70. Barely held on against La Salle, currently losing 8 out of our last 9, currently KenPom #123

In those seasons we've lost 122 spots in the KenPom rankings in the span of about 3 months of actual games. That's really hard to do
3 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago I mean I get Bassy is the best PG on this team - but he is years away from being a capable player at this level.
Is there a reason that Bassy only played 5 minutes and was benched the entire 2nd half? Maybe it was that technical foul. Oh wait, that was Makhi. Maybe it was his 5 turnovers. Oh wait, that was Makhi too.
4 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago
Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago I mean I get Bassy is the best PG on this team - but he is years away from being a capable player at this level.
Is there a reason that Bassy only played 5 minutes and was benched the entire 2nd half? Maybe it was that technical foul. Oh wait, that was Makhi. Maybe it was his 5 turnovers. Oh wait, that was Makhi too.
He was getting treatment for something…ankle maybe?
Not 100% sure obviously, but I noticed him on the table at the half
0 x