Week #12 Games of Interest / Rest of 2022 Season

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
reef
Frank Keaney

Re: Week #12 Games of Interest / Rest of 2022 Season

Unread post by reef »

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago I hope for Cooley's sake he wins a game in the NCAAT. Their fans will be all over him if he doesn't make the second weekend.
Would be an utter utter embarrassment
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago
theblueram wrote: 2 years ago I hope for Cooley's sake he wins a game in the NCAAT. Their fans will be all over him if he doesn't make the second weekend.
After this regular season, one game would be a massive disappointment.

He already won one, he needs at least 2 wins seeing how they’ll be a 3/4 seed.
1-5 Cooley? We shall see.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

I would love to see PC win out, get a 2-3 seed, and lose to a 14-15.

You can only have true suffering with hope. I need them to convince themselves they're winning a national championship and then throw-up and meltdown in the first round. Historical footnote.
3 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
CaptainRon
Kenny Green

Unread post by CaptainRon »

Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago I would love to see PC win out, get a 2-3 seed, and lose to a 14-15.

You can only have true suffering with hope. I need them to convince themselves they're winning a national championship and then throw-up and meltdown in the first round. Historical footnote.
What would you rather have, that, or this?
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago I would love to see PC win out, get a 2-3 seed, and lose to a 14-15.

I wouldn't mind if PC lost all their remaining games, actually I would like it.
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

CaptainRon wrote: 2 years ago

What would you rather have, that, or this?
Well, I would rather have that for pc and not this for URI. fpc.
0 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Jersey77 wrote: 2 years ago

I wouldn't mind if PC lost all their remaining games for all eternity, actually I would like it.
Fixed it for you.
0 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Rhode_Island_Red wrote: 2 years ago
Jersey77 wrote: 2 years ago

I wouldn't mind if PC lost all their remaining games for all eternity, actually I would like it.
Fixed it for you.
Yes, good fix.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

VCU v Richmond is entertaining so far

42-36 VCU u 16
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

reef wrote: 2 years ago VCU v Richmond is entertaining so far

42-36 VCU u 16
VCU pulling away
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Dayton takes care of business @ Joes
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Davidson beating SLU by 20 points in the 2nd half.
They are without Foster Loyer today.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Jersey77 wrote: 2 years ago Davidson beating SLU by 20 points in the 2nd half.
They are without Foster Loyer today.
Big statement win by Davidson they look to be on the right side of the bubble now @ 22-4
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

I looked at ESPN brackets. They have pc and Iona playing the second game if they win. LOL.
1 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Bouknight and Christian Vital were sitting courtside at the Xavier-UConn game yesterday. Bouknight got “ejected” and then hid out in the student section for the rest of the game. Basketball is ridiculous and fun when you’re winning.

1 x
Rammgr
Jeff Kent

Unread post by Rammgr »

If Hurley said that to Bouknight imagine what he would have said to Makai?
2 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Miss that
1 x
GO RAMS
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

ace wrote: 2 years ago Bouknight and Christian Vital were sitting courtside at the Xavier-UConn game yesterday. Bouknight got “ejected” and then hid out in the student section for the rest of the game. Basketball is ridiculous and fun when you’re winning.

Rediculous to eject their former star what he do ??
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Everything stinks now. Nice job Butler.
1 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Michigans Howard will be looking for a job….Thorr??
0 x
GO RAMS
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Fordham gonna knock off the Pats !!
0 x
CaptainRon
Kenny Green

Unread post by CaptainRon »

reef wrote: 2 years ago
ace wrote: 2 years ago Bouknight and Christian Vital were sitting courtside at the Xavier-UConn game yesterday. Bouknight got “ejected” and then hid out in the student section for the rest of the game. Basketball is ridiculous and fun when you’re winning.

Kept walking on the court. He was warned several times. He was also taunting X players.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

reef wrote: 2 years ago Fordham gonna knock off the Pats !!
Fordham was without their top player and leading scorer Quisenberry.
Chuba had a double/double (17pts/12 rebs)
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Kept walking on the court. He was warned several times. He was also taunting X players.
Yeah no reason for that , you are better than that James
0 x
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

LaVall Jordon doing his best David Cox imitation today, totally frittering away a 19 point, early second half lead. He forgot about the aggressive play that got Butler the lead and let his team play passively on offense from that point on.
I guess that would be the January David Cox, when Rhody actually had second half leads to blow.
PC showed good grit, though. A lot of road teams would have given up.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

JimSidd wrote: 2 years ago LaVall Jordon doing his best David Cox imitation today, totally frittering away a 19 point, early second half lead. He forgot about the aggressive play that got Butler the lead and let his team play passively on offense from that point on.
I guess that would be the January David Cox, when Rhody actually had second half leads to blow.
PC showed good grit, though. A lot of road teams would have given up.
Butler was still making some nice plays down the stretch. PC is ridiculously clutch.

Butler would probably finish in the top 4 of the A-10
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Exact quote was “and this fucking guy gets ejected (while laughing), what’d you say, asshole?”
1 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Yeah no reason for that , you are better than that James
Bouknight was about 10 feet to my left yesterday. He was funny. It was great. And Xavier/Travis Steele were soft. They were jawing at him.

Home court advantage. Bouknight was a home court advantage himself. Then when he was thrown out he just went and sat with the kids like a God.

Gampel is one of the best environments in the NCAA.
0 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago

Exact quote was “and this fucking guy gets ejected (while laughing), what’d you say, asshole?”
Everytime I see Hurley on TV now I make puppy eyes at him 😔
4 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

PeterRamTime wrote: 2 years ago
Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago

Everytime I see Hurley on TV now I make puppy eyes at him 😔
It was awesome to see him in that environment. He’s a psychopath. We never deserved him and the fact that we still don’t have ANYTHING he was offered to stay here in the four years since confirms it.
4 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

I love when dudes get all in their feelings. They’re just so overly emotional.
0 x
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

No excuse for that type of behavior from Howard. He’s supposed to be a leader of men. You don’t like the late timeout call? Put it in your back pocket and beat them by 20 the next time you play them.
That’s two incidents with opposing head coaches now.
If he keeps this up, his job security will be in jeopardy.
2 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I hope he gets a multi game suspension at least 5 or 6
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

JimSidd wrote: 2 years ago No excuse for that type of behavior from Howard. He’s supposed to be a leader of men. You don’t like the late timeout call? Put it in your back pocket and beat them by 20 the next time you play them.
I haven't been able to confirm, but supposedly Michigan had at least one starter in and was full court pressing, but Wisconsin taking a time out to tell the bench players how to handle the press is breaking some unwritten rule? GTFOH if true
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 years ago
JimSidd wrote: 2 years ago No excuse for that type of behavior from Howard. He’s supposed to be a leader of men. You don’t like the late timeout call? Put it in your back pocket and beat them by 20 the next time you play them.
I haven't been able to confirm, but supposedly Michigan had at least one starter in and was full court pressing, but Wisconsin taking a time out to tell the bench players how to handle the press is breaking some unwritten rule? GTFOH if true
Credit to a reporter afterwards who questioned Howard on exactly that. Howard said that it was their normal defense - he called it a 5 defense whatever that means. He said they normally put that kind of pressure on. Not making excuses for him. Somebody could have been very seriously hurt from something that he started. I also heard that Howard has yet to apologize, My guess is he will apologize because Michigan Lawyers will advise him to do so.

This is his 2nd altercation like this.

I personally think he should be fired.
1 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

A lot of people could have made better decisions in that Wisconsin-Michigan game. Late, Michigan was pressing, Wisconsin called a time-out to add time to get the ball across. Gard grabbed Howard to talk to him when Juwan clearly didn’t want to, Howard pulled back then came back with a slap, some Wisconsin staffer crotch chopped Michigan. Both coaches set up their players in a bad way, and the players will get criticism for jumping in. Just a whole mess. Things get chaotic in the moment and look worse once you can slow down and dissect the video, Howard not walking back anything post-game wasn’t a great look, either.
1 x
RoadyJay
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RoadyJay »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 years ago
True. Howard was asked after the game why he was still pressing. He said it wasn’t a press, but instead was “five pressure defense man-to-man”. LOL. Umm, Coach that sounds like a full-court man-to-man press(ure) to me.
1 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Imagine being this guy and your partner or your mom or whoever is like, walk me through what you’re thinking here :) Just a lot of dumbness all around.

2 x
RoadyJay
Cuttino Mobley

ramster wrote: 2 years ago he called it a 5 defense whatever that means.
Coaches will call it different things when they call out the defense they want. Howard probably calls out “Five!” when he wants man-to-man.

Dan used to yell out “Fist!”…. Sometimes he’d yell out “Double Fist!” where they would trap the ball handler as soon as they crossed the timeline.
1 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

5 is pretty commonly the call for man to man at any level. Sometimes full court. When we used it against Narragansett HS Roady Jay would get easily shook and turn it over. Luckily he didn’t take a shot at me in handshake line tho bc he could knock me out.
1 x
RoadyJay
Cuttino Mobley

bigappleram wrote: 2 years ago 5 is pretty commonly the call for man to man at any level. Sometimes full court. When we used it against Narragansett HS Roady Jay would get easily shook and turn it over. Luckily he didn’t take a shot at me in handshake line tho bc he could knock me out.
That Bristol full court pressure was tough to handle! Epic battles Bristol v Narragansett.

Little known fact: bigappleram was such a star for Bristol High that after his graduation they retired the entire school.
3 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

:D :D :D bahahahaha me and Roady Jay go wayyyyyyyy back.
Hope to see you sooner than later at another pregame before a Tourney game bud!
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I don’t think Gard should have called timeout up 15 with 15 secs left just take the violation so what you still easily win the game

That said Howard was totally in the wrong should get suspended for at least the regular season maybe more . I don’t think he gets fired though
0 x
RIrugger01
Jeff Kent

Unread post by RIrugger01 »

Maybe Howard was pissed that Wisconsin called a timeout and actually had one left to call….too soon?
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Steven A Smith and Kendrick Perkins discuss Howard

0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

a five game suspension
0 x
RoadyJay
Cuttino Mobley

ace wrote: 2 years ago a five game suspension
And our dear friend Phil Martelli takes over
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

ace wrote: 2 years ago

a five game suspension
That’s about what I thought
0 x
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

I think it’s good that he was suspended and not fired. That said, now that he’s had this incident and the one with Turgeon last year, he needs to be on his best behavior from now on. I think the three strike rule should apply here.
1 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

He might still be on the hit seat after this season.
0 x
GO RAMS