David Cox officially let go by URI (formerly, "Fire Cox")

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Re: FIRE COX

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

BlackDogRants wrote: 2 years ago
PeteRI wrote: 2 years ago Legitimate recruiting question:
Why doesn't our MBB program ever recruit foreign student athletes? 2 of 5 Tammi's starters are French, and 8 reserves are from other countries. And much of Davidson MBB's recent success can be directly attributed to foreign players.
Who remembers the rich basketball pedigree of Cameroonian duo Parfait Bitee and fan favorite Joe Mbang!
we need guys like them again
1 x
:lol:
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

"Mbang em til they can't Seawright" is still an all time great Ryan Center sign
15 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Why doesn't our MBB program ever recruit foreign student athletes? 2 of 5 Tammi's starters are French, and 8 reserves are from other countries. And much of Davidson MBB's recent success can be directly attributed to foreign players.
Because Southwest doesn't fly to Europe.
8 x
Mobley was fouled.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Gil Biruta.
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

OK thanks for the history (and comedy) lesson. 🤓
1 x
Puck Frovidence
ARD

Unread post by Puck Frovidence »

RI_Bred wrote: 2 years ago
Because Southwest doesn't fly to Europe.
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

bigappleram wrote: 2 years ago "Mbang em til they can't Seawright" is still an all time great Ryan Center sign
Was thinking about Joe Mbang the other day, found him on Facebook and discovered he now goes by Joe Norvakovich Vladimirovich....
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

BlackDogRants wrote: 2 years ago
Who remembers the rich basketball pedigree of Cameroonian duo Parfait Bitee and fan favorite Joe Mbang!
Lazare Adingono was brought in by Jerry D who then played 2 years when Baron was hired

Andingino was Parfait Bitee's uncle
1 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

Watched the game today - Davidson looked lousy but the decision is made - CUT BAIT
2 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Re: FIRE COX a

Unread post by Blue Man »

Imagine thinking that 4 years of data can be ignored because of one isolated game where we beat a top 60 team at home. A top 60 team that’s a paper Tiger and could wind up a Q3.

TP pointed out this is more of an indictment on Cox because there’s talent on this team. Unless today spurns a 12 game winning streak that puts us in the NCAAT this was pointless and probably hurts us long term.
5 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago Imagine thinking that 4 years of data can be ignored because of one isolated game where we beat a top 60 team at home. A top 60 team that’s a paper Tiger and could wind up a Q3.

TP pointed out this is more of an indictment on Cox because there’s talent on this team. Unless today spurns a 12 game winning streak that puts us in the NCAAT this was pointless and probably hurts us long term.
Ya have to think Thorr is only holding out for that miracle run at this point...

Unless we start playing well, come up short in the A-10 tournament and he retains Cox because everyone but Sheppard and El-Amin would return..
1 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

I have to think Thorr has already started compiling a list. I think the only thing that prevents a change is a miracle finish to the season.
2 x
Slava Ukraini!
scine20
ARD

Unread post by scine20 »

I may be way off base on this as my college basketball viewing has been way down this year and maybe this is the norm but I went to my first game of the year and couldn’t help but notice the disparity in how the Davidson coaches dressed versus how the Rhode Island coaches dressed. To me it just doesn’t look very professional and I think that type of message carries throughout the team.
0 x
scine20
ARD

Unread post by scine20 »

I couldn’t believe today when Cox called a timeout for no apparent reason with a minute and a half or so left in a three or four point game. What if he needed that timeout during an inbounds play? It’s clear his game management skills aren’t what you need to be a winning program. It didn’t hurt him today but it easily could have. There’s a reason they struggle in close games…
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

scine20 wrote: 2 years ago I couldn’t believe today when Cox called a timeout for no apparent reason with a minute and a half or so left in a three or four point game. What if he needed that timeout during an inbounds play? It’s clear his game management skills aren’t what you need to be a winning program. It didn’t hurt him today but it easily could have. There’s a reason they struggle in close games…
You must be new here. 🤓
5 x
scine20
ARD

Unread post by scine20 »

PeteRI wrote: 2 years ago
scine20 wrote: 2 years ago I couldn’t believe today when Cox called a timeout for no apparent reason with a minute and a half or so left in a three or four point game. What if he needed that timeout during an inbounds play? It’s clear his game management skills aren’t what you need to be a winning program. It didn’t hurt him today but it easily could have. There’s a reason they struggle in close games…
You must be new here. 🤓
I haven’t paid much attention to the program at least in terms of how I followed it when Baron and Hurley were there. But I have noticed a pattern of him calling TOs while they have momentum.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Even mediocre/bad/poorly coached teams rise up and beat a good team now and then.

It happens throughout college BB every year.

It was our turn.

It's a one off deal most likely, this team has proven that playing well for 2 or more games in a row is a major challenge.

It's going to take a LOT more than one game, to reduce the negativity around this program.

Like was said, although there were a couple of good adjustments made, Cox still made a number of head scratching decisions consistent with what he's done for almost 4 seasons here.

I'll bet Bozeman rolls his eyes when it comes to Cox's use of timeouts lol. But he's had no effect on the HC in changing this.
0 x
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRam86 »

I was under the impression that this was Cox final year and the only question was whether or not he would be extended. But then i heard at the game today that he was re-upped last year, had 2 more years after this one left and that he had a buyout of somewhere between 750k and 1m.

Can someone please enlighten me?
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

RhodyRam86 wrote: 2 years ago I was under the impression that this was Cox final year and the only question was whether or not he would be extended. But then i heard at the game today that he was re-upped last year, had 2 more years after this one left and that he had a buyout of somewhere between 750k and 1m.

Only rumors...and his buyout is the equivalent of one year's base salary, or 300K.
0 x
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRam86 »

rambone 78 wrote: 2 years ago
RhodyRam86 wrote: 2 years ago I was under the impression that this was Cox final year and the only question was whether or not he would be extended. But then i heard at the game today that he was re-upped last year, had 2 more years after this one left and that he had a buyout of somewhere between 750k and 1m.

Only rumors...and his buyout is the equivalent of one year's base salary, or 300K.

Rambone...which part is a rumor? That this is his last year or that he was re-upped?
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Re-upped. There was some talk that he was given another year due to last year's issues with covid....but no one has confirmed that.
1 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

rambone 78 wrote: 2 years ago Re-upped. There was some talk that he was given another year due to last year's issues with covid....but no one has confirmed that.
Lmao then those people are idiots.

It’s a state university. Everything is public.

You think the highest paid employee in the state got a super secret extension no one knows about?

You think after a year with no attendance and dwindling financials they just said “hey let’s just have a do over in secret?”

Next year is his last year. $300k buyout.
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

PeterRamTime wrote: 2 years ago
Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago Imagine thinking that 4 years of data can be ignored because of one isolated game where we beat a top 60 team at home. A top 60 team that’s a paper Tiger and could wind up a Q3.

Ya have to think Thorr is only holding out for that miracle run at this point...

Unless we start playing well, come up short in the A-10 tournament and he retains Cox because everyone but Sheppard and El-Amin would return..
Thor is probably white knuckling on the daily.

Entire new coaching staff. Time to CUT BAIT! Get this program back on track.
1 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Last edited by adam914 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

Coaches were given a one year contract extension because of Covid. I didn't hear that Cox was excluded or included for that matter. But, it would have been a tremendous slight to exclude once coach. Is Cox the only blck head coach? Oh boy!
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

Rhody72 wrote: 2 years ago Coaches were given a one year contract extension because of Covid. I didn't hear that Cox was excluded or included for that matter. But, it would have been a tremendous slight to exclude one coach. Is Cox the only blck head coach? Oh boy!
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

Rhody72 wrote: 2 years ago
Rhody72 wrote: 2 years ago Coaches were given a one year contract extension because of Covid. I didn't hear that Cox was excluded or included for that matter. But, it would have been a tremendous slight to exclude one coach. Is Cox the only black head coach? Oh boy!
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago
rambone 78 wrote: 2 years ago Re-upped. There was some talk that he was given another year due to last year's issues with covid....but no one has confirmed that.
Lmao then those people are idiots.

It’s a state university. Everything is public.

You think the highest paid employee in the state got a super secret extension no one knows about?

You think after a year with no attendance and dwindling financials they just said “hey let’s just have a do over in secret?”

Next year is his last year. $300k buyout.
Blue Man, not necessarily.

Fred Hoiberg (Nebraska) was given an unannounced extension in 2020 and it wasn't reported until January 11, 2022.

I am not saying this is the case with Cox but can happen at a very large public university.

https://www.cornnation.com/2022/1/11/22 ... on-in-2020
https://saturdaytradition.com/nebraska- ... ead-coach/
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Rhody72 wrote: 2 years ago Coaches were given a one year contract extension because of Covid. I didn't hear that Cox was excluded or included for that matter. But, it would have been a tremendous slight to exclude once coach. Is Cox the only blck head coach? Oh boy!
Pretty sure all assistants are on yearly contracts regardless of Covid or not. HC contracts are much different and much more complex as there are accelerators and bonuses involved. The assistant pool here'; each guy is probably plus or minus $30k from making $100k a year.

I'm not sure what you mean by a coach being excluded? They agree to the terms of their contract via an agent.
0 x
Dawan Buckets
Jim Eitner

Unread post by Dawan Buckets »

My time on this board will be short-lived, I guess because I love the insight into the program on this board that you can't get from local media but the constant trashing of our team and coach is absolutely baffling to me.

Can't believe after a great win at home with little crowd support, there is such negativity about this squad and its coach.

Tons of talent on this team, and just because Cox isn't making a fool of himself with his emotions, arguing with the refs incessantly, taking timeouts when fans and media personnel deem it misguided, and costing us wins with late game technicals, doesn't mean he isn't an effective coach and leader.

In my opinion, if you support a team, you do so through good times and bad. Losing streak? We will get the next one! Disappointing season? Flashes of potential, run it back!

If you support URI Basketball, support them. No asterisks or "I'm a huge fan BUT if they keep losing or keep so and so, I'm out."

In my opinion, Cox is an incredible ambassador for URI and URI Basketball, both on and off the court.

Instead of disparaging our coach, maybe generate some positive emotion around a late season win streak and deep A-10 tourney run.

Recruits read everything and anything about their potential destinations. Who would want to play for a fan base that bails every time the team hits a rough patch?

If you're rooting for a coaching change, you are rooting for the team to fail the remainder of the season. Cox's reputation is impeccable. No recruiting violations, APR issues, or anything that would make you not want him and URI to be successful.

Go Rhody!
1 x
Puck Frovidence
ARD

Unread post by Puck Frovidence »

Rhody72 wrote: 2 years ago Coaches were given a one year contract extension because of Covid. I didn't hear that Cox was excluded or included for that matter. But, it would have been a tremendous slight to exclude one coach. Is Cox the only black head coach? Oh boy!
WTH are you even talking about? If you're gonna come here and "play pretend" that you're not a troll why don't you at least keep off the fucking sauce. JFC. Take this semi-literate, vaguely racist shit back to the Friars board my guy. I guarantee you even they don't want it.
Last edited by Puck Frovidence 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
3 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Dawan Buckets wrote: 2 years ago My time on this board will be short-lived, I guess because I love the insight into the program on this board that you can't get from local media but the constant trashing of our team and coach is absolutely baffling to me.

Can't believe after a great win at home with little crowd support, there is such negativity about this squad and its coach.

Tons of talent on this team, and just because Cox isn't making a fool of himself with his emotions, arguing with the refs incessantly, taking timeouts when fans and media personnel deem it misguided, and costing us wins with late game technicals, doesn't mean he isn't an effective coach and leader.

In my opinion, if you support a team, you do so through good times and bad. Losing streak? We will get the next one! Disappointing season? Flashes of potential, run it back!

If you support URI Basketball, support them. No asterisks or "I'm a huge fan BUT if they keep losing or keep so and so, I'm out."

In my opinion, Cox is an incredible ambassador for URI and URI Basketball, both on and off the court.

Instead of disparaging our coach, maybe generate some positive emotion around a late season win streak and deep A-10 tourney run.

Recruits read everything and anything about their potential destinations. Who would want to play for a fan base that bails every time the team hits a rough patch?

If you're rooting for a coaching change, you are rooting for the team to fail the remainder of the season. Cox's reputation is impeccable. No recruiting violations, APR issues, or anything that would make you not want him and URI to be successful.

Go Rhody!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah makes so much sense to take a shot at Dan Hurley! Ya know winning was great and all but Dan was such a meanie to those poor refrees! Thank goodness Cox has his twins get technical fouls instead! A much better strategy!

Any self respecting fanbase would disparage a coach like Cox who has undone everything that big meanie Dan Hurley built.

Sure if a MIRACLE happens and we make it to the tournament we will jump on board, but as fanatics we don't tend to take too kindly to coaches who ya know, accomplish nothing but failure.

Have you been paying attention? What good reason is there to get excited after that win? We will magically put it together for the first time in four years after all the crap we've seen?

We all like Cox the man and he's helped the program a lot as...an assistant coach, but if you aren't cutting it you aren't cutting it and every single fanbase that gives a shit would act the same way.
6 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Dawan Buckets wrote: 2 years ago My time on this board will be short-lived, I guess because I love the insight into the program on this board that you can't get from local media but the constant trashing of our team and coach is absolutely baffling to me.

Go Rhody!
2 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

Go Rhody!
So in your opinion everyone gets a ribbon no matter how they perform? The guy is making 3/4 million dollars per year. He is a nice guy that has done an awful job on developing talent, coaching, discipline and even his recruiting has been pretty overrated the last couple of years. This kind of attitude is what Jim Baron wanted and got when he coached here. I’m not sure no recruiting violations is enough in todays college basketball. The twins alone are a tough pair to root for even if they had been successful this year. He has done nothing to help them improve their lack of discipline as they continue to rack of technicals.
7 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

You can have your opinion about coaches, players, strategy, etc., but you can't call yourself a supporter of URI basketball when you root for the team to lose!
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
RhodyFanNotAlum
Kenny Green

Unread post by RhodyFanNotAlum »

Dawan Buckets wrote: 2 years ago Recruits read everything and anything about their potential destinations. Who would want to play for a fan base that bails every time the team hits a rough patch?

Go Rhody!
Contrary to popular belief, the fans on this board are not the ones who bail every time this team hits a rough patch. You can tell from attendance numbers that this just isn't a team that can draw a big audience (students included) when it's not playing well. When URI basketball goes south, most of the fan base just gets apathetic. It's the people on this board who actually continue to follow the program in the bad times, wishing for a turnaround that will bring the casual fans back to the arena.

Nobody on this board was rooting for Cox to fail in Year 1. We are making these observations in YEAR 4 and we have these opinions precisely BECAUSE we've been paying such close attention all that time. Cox may be a great ambassador, but having an impeccable reputation off the court or being a nice guy unfortunately doesn't put students or casual fans in the seats. What do you think matters more to potential recruits — seeing and feeling a palpable buzz on a visit to an arena, or reading what a few dozen die-hard fans have to say on a message board?

I also don't think that reconsidering an investment of several hundred dollars a year in season tickets — for any reason at all — makes me any less of a fan. (Though maybe that's easier for me to say because I chose to root for this team even though I never attended URI.)
Last edited by RhodyFanNotAlum 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
6 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Go Rhody!
I see that DCRams/TJRams is back.
12 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

RhodyFanNotAlum wrote: 2 years ago
Dawan Buckets wrote: 2 years ago Recruits read everything and anything about their potential destinations. Who would want to play for a fan base that bails every time the team hits a rough patch?

Go Rhody!
Contrary to popular belief, the fans on this board are not the ones who bail every time this team hits a rough patch. You can tell from attendance numbers that this just isn't a team that can draw a big audience (students included) when it's not playing well. When URI basketball goes south, most of the fan base just gets apathetic. It's the people on this board who actually continue to follow the program in the bad times, wishing for a turnaround that will bring the casual fans back to the arena.

Nobody on this board was rooting for Cox to fail in Year 1. We are making these observations in YEAR 4 and we have these opinions precisely BECAUSE we've been paying such close attention all that time. Cox may be a great ambassador, but having an impeccable reputation off the court or being a nice guy unfortunately doesn't put students or casual fans in the seats. What do you think matters more to potential recruits — seeing and feeling a palpable buzz on a visit to an arena, or reading what a few dozen die-hard fans have to say on a message board?

I also don't think that reconsidering an investment of several hundred dollars a year in season tickets — for any reason at all — makes me any less of a fan. (Though maybe that's easier for me to say because I chose to root for this team even though I never attended URI.)
Recruiting violations? How about find me one recruit who wanted to play for this coach for more than 2 years?

Imagine touting “no recruiting violations” as a victory when you’ve had one recruit kicked out of school, potentially 2 with the Greek, and 8 others transfer out within 2 years of playing for the guy.

Again, since I can’t tell if I’m talking to the 4th DCRams or another family member - we all LOVE David Cox the person. We love his family. They are the exact embodiment of who you hope your basketball coach is off the court. An absolute asset to the university community and our local community at large.

But he is not being paid 3/4 of a million of our tax and university dollars to be a nice guy. The on court stuff matters.

This fan base has been pretty patient and supportive of a new coach who was given a turn-key championship program.

There are expectations here - expectations set by the coach himself that are not being met. There are not logical, sensible, or even understandable responses that the coach can articulate as to why we are not meeting them.

No fan base is going to blindly support a team that is in a downward spiral with an established coach. It’s time for a change, nothing personal.

And not for nothing - we’re fans of URI. Not the coach. We were here before you got here and will be here after. We want what’s best for our program and school, not who’s in the coach’s chair.

Rooting for URI to lose so that it spurns a coaching change and potentially gets donors to pony up money to get the right person in here who can lead this program to actual success isnt “bailing” on the team. It’s quite the opposite.

We know we’re going to be here no matter what, so we’d like to see us do well. Some of us have seen enough to know that it won’t get done under this coach.

This is like rooting for a #1 draft pick if you’re a jets/lions/redskins fan. We want a chance to be good again.

Think of the redskins fans who cheered for a goal line stop for a W against Miami 3 years ago. They won that meaningless game and lost the #1 pick. That pick turned out to be Joe Burrow for the Bengals. How did that work out?

You want your friend or family member to keep collecting a very large paycheck. I respect it. But let’s not get that twisted about support or fanhood. You’ll follow your guy to whatever paycheck he gets next. We’ll still be here rooting for the next guy to clean up the ashes of our program.

Fair-weather my ass. FOH and take a picture next year at this time and let me see if you still own any URI gear when your coach is at some other school.
11 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
BleedBlue87
ARD

Unread post by BleedBlue87 »

"Rooting for URI to lose so that it spurns a coaching change and potentially gets donors to pony up money to get the right person in here who can lead this program to actual success isnt “bailing” on the team. It’s quite the opposite"

That's such a bad take man. These are kids at the end of the day. The coach deserves the criticism, I get that. But what your doing is rooting against Ish, against the twins, against martin and shep. You can spin it how you want, that your doing it for the "good of the program". But that's weak. And frankly, as someone who I generally enjoy reading on this board, I would expect better. Rooting for a bunch of kids to fail... Not a good look regardless of the coaching situation.
2 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

BleedBlue87 wrote: 2 years ago "Rooting for URI to lose so that it spurns a coaching change and potentially gets donors to pony up money to get the right person in here who can lead this program to actual success isnt “bailing” on the team. It’s quite the opposite"

That's such a bad take man. These are kids at the end of the day. The coach deserves the criticism, I get that. But what your doing is rooting against Ish, against the twins, against martin and shep. You can spin it how you want, that your doing it for the "good of the program". But that's weak. And frankly, as someone who I generally enjoy reading on this board, I would expect better. Rooting for a bunch of kids to fail... Not a good look regardless of the coaching situation.
We have 1 starter who was recruited as a freshman in year 4 of Cox. Think of that. It's mind boggling.
4 x
BleedBlue87
ARD

Unread post by BleedBlue87 »

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago
BleedBlue87 wrote: 2 years ago "Rooting for URI to lose so that it spurns a coaching change and potentially gets donors to pony up money to get the right person in here who can lead this program to actual success isnt “bailing” on the team. It’s quite the opposite"

We have 1 starter who was recruited as a freshman in year 4 of Cox. Think of that. It's mind boggling.
It sure is! I don't disagree. Still not going to get me to root for a bunch of kids fail though!
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

BleedBlue87 wrote: 2 years ago

It sure is! I don't disagree. Still not going to get me to root for a bunch of kids fail though!
I just think most want this over. Most aren't even watching the games, much less going to them. The team is currently seeded in the PIG for the A10 T. Do we even have any recruits coming in next year? Any that will give a spark like EC, Hass or JT?
2 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago

Go Rhody!
I see that DCRams/TJRams is back.
This was my 1st thought as well
1 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

Ambassador of SUCKHOOD
3 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Go Rhody!
What's up DCRams! I figured you would come back after our first good win 23 games into the season.

hahaha, a rough patch? We have one quad 2 win for the entire season. One... We have 6 Quad 3/4 losses this season, and we finished 10th last year.
We are so bad that we may have just cost Davidson a bid losing to us on the road... Yesterday should have been a sold-out Ryan Center with our team fighting for a bid. That's what the goal is. Bids and championships. I didn't set the goals. Cox did.

What are we in middle school? This is D1 college basketball. Our player's arent' stupid, and neither are recruits. They know results matter and that fans will vent. Do you honestly think we are the only message board complaining about their coach? I saw people talking trash about Dan on the Uconn board and they are a top 25 team!

We all know Cox is a fantastic mentor and person. He's one hell of an assistant coach. But, unfortunately, he's not a head coach and us wanting him gone is nothing personal.

I still root for our team because it's impossible for me not to, but I completely understand why some aren't. I genuinely believe that most want what's best for our program. You're rooting for the coach, so it's different.

I would certainly love an A10 conference run and championship. Unfortunately, it ain't gonna happen.

Anyways I'm happy you're back!
6 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

The team has gotten worse with each season and fan support/attitude and attendance have all fallen off. That's sports.
The women's team has gotten better- fan support/attitude and attendance have grown. Thats sports.
Because Cox is a nice guy should not give him a free pass for what is happening on the court.
Hurley showed what this program can be- people want that back. They are not putting their energy and time into watching a ship sink.
8 x
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Unread post by PlayMikeMotenMore »

Actually, not so "mind-boggling." PC's top minutes in yesterday's win over DePaul:

Al Durham (Indiana)
Noah Horchler (North Florida)
Justin Minaya (South Carolina)
Jared Bynum (St. Joe's)...Reeves started but played half as much as Bynum.
Nate Watson

I'm not defending Cox. (He likely will be deservedly gone at the end of the season.) But your "mind-boggling" statement deserved some fact-checking.
1 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

:cry:

Go Rhody!

You clearly don’t get it. No one wants the man to fail. He’s done it on his own. He even admits he needs to figure it out.

No one is saying they’re not supporting the team.

Is this DC Rams on a 4th+ burner account?

The team isn’t winning. If you can’t take the heat, go back to your safe space.

This isn’t an airport you don’t need to announce your departure.
6 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Taylor Swift wrote: 2 years ago :cry:

Go Rhody!

You clearly don’t get it. No one wants the man to fail. He’s done it on his own. He even admits he needs to figure it out.

No one is saying they’re not supporting the team.

Is this DC Rams on a 4th+ burner account?

The team isn’t winning. If you can’t take the heat, go back to your safe space.

This isn’t an airport you don’t need to announce your departure.
Agreed - there isn't a single person on this board that isn't begging to be wrong. We want Cox to completely turn it around and go on a run, with Saturday's game being the turning point. We'd all love for this team to go on a run straight through to the A10 Championship and win it for the Auto Bid like 5 years ago. And then (should that happen and Cox is here next year) that said corner is turned and he becomes the coach we all wanted him to be and makes this team an A10 power for years to come. We see no prior evidence that this will ever happen and it will take more than just a win over the first place team to get us there. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut. The past 3 1/2 seasons has shown us a lot. Other than a couple of stretches, this head coach hasn't shown he has what it takes. I'd love nothing more than for a light switch to have turned on, and he becomes the A10 power we want. I just don't have faith it will happen.
9 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

Go Rhody!
sweet, I'm no longer the FNG.
1 x
:lol: