Your Pick for the next Head Coach (2018)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.

I want URI's next Head Coach to be...

Poll ended at 6 years ago

John Becker
1%
David Cox
76%
Nate Oats
5%
Rick Pitino
13%
Other (please write-in)
5%

Total votes: 147

Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Re: Your Pick for the next Head Coach (2018)

Unread post by Rhody15 »

ramster wrote: 2 years ago Friday November 12, 2021 - this years schedule

URI - Cox 83
Bryant - Grasso 64

Think Little We Do
Conveniently Forgot to point out Bryant didn’t have Peter Kiss, who is putting up MONSTER numbers this year and would probably be our best player.

He plays, and we probably lose.
Last edited by Rhody15 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Go Rhody
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

SGreenwell wrote: 2 years ago
SmartyBarrett wrote: 2 years ago
RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 years ago His resume does speak for itself. His teams only chuck up 3's and don't play defense, the Cluess' system. That works great against low level competition, but gets destroyed by mid-majors and above
Metrics-wise (KenPom):

URI
Offensive Efficiency: 235th nationally
Defensive Efficiency: 49th

Bryant
Offensive Efficiency: 136th
Defensive Efficiency: 260th

You'd think Bryant's offensive efficiency would be higher given that they score a shit-ton of points, but it's largely because they play at the 15th-fastest pace in the nation. URI is 213th in that category.
FWIW, I'm almost certain that KenPom's numbers account for pace. Like the URI vs. VCU game the other night was bad offense vs. bad offense, but the pace kind of masked that.
Great point, you're right. The crux of it is that even though Bryant drops 80+ regularly and has the leading scorer in the nation, they're not a particularly efficient offensive team.
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

……..he(Grasso)reminded me, behavior on the bench, to the early days of Gordie Cheisa, when he was at Manhattan, not good…….not something I want at URI……..
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

ramster wrote: 2 years ago And I’ll add Peter Kiss missed the URI game for reasons other than injury - he was kept out. And his attitude and demeanor on the bench and while standing around the time-out huddles was not the best.
Oh yea, he is an absolute punk, and that wasn’t his first disciplinary issue.

He was recently suspended for 2 games as well.

With how much of a clown Grasso acts like, and him letting Kiss act like a loser as well, I’ll pass on him as our coach.
0 x
Go Rhody
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

ramster wrote: 2 years ago
steveystuds06 wrote: 2 years ago

URI - Cox 83
Bryant - Grasso 64

Think Little We Do
We should beat them! They are a low major who played us without their best player. Kiss averages 23.6 ppg, so I'm sure he would have helped.. Regardless, Do you not understand how hard it is to recruit at Bryant? They were one of if not the worst team in the entire country... So that he has even made them relevant is a huge achievement. Grasso inherited a 3-28 team. Cox inherited one of the hottest programs in the A10.
Did you go to the URI - Bryant game this year?
Did you see how Grasso acted and conducted himself?
That sealed it for me.
Yup and I"ve been to plenty of Bryant games. He needs to learn to control his temper. I don't mind someone that is as passionate as he is. I can see why some don't like it, but I'd prefer that over what we have.

We aren't going to hire him. We have to do better...
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

At least Grasso disciplines players when called for, unlike our coach.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago

URI - Cox 83
Bryant - Grasso 64

Think Little We Do
Conveniently Forgot to point out Bryant didn’t have Peter Kiss, who is putting up MONSTER numbers this year and would probably be our best player.

He plays, and we probably lose.
Conveniently? He sat out for disciplinary reasons. His fault.
We blitzed them by 19.
And so what if Kiss played? So what if Bryant beat us? Who gives a royal crap. If Bryant beat us by 19 I’d still not want this guy. If they beat us by 200 you can have him.
Dumbest take on the Board in 2022, and I’ll include 2021.
How can you possibly aim so low? And justify his hire no less.
People bitch about Tony Bergeron getting into it with Cox. So did Grasso with no grounds for it. I’ll never forget Grasso sitting on his own bench like a whipped puppy when the game got away. No fight. His players reflected his rotten behavior on the court.
Last edited by ramster 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago At least Grasso disciplines players when called for, unlike our coach.
Really?

Friday November 12, day after Veterans Day November 11.
Bryant has a player kneel for the National Anthem in our Ryan Center with the Color Guard right in front of him. Kneeled right through the National Anthem singing. I have never seen a URI player for any sport do this. It’s their right to but I’ve never seen it and I don’t have to like it. I’ve had family lose life or suffer injury in WW1 and WW2. Do this at Bryant but not in a visiting facility on Veterans Day celebrations.
Boston University had 3 players kneel this year.
Hartford had 7 players kneel for a WBB game this year.
Nobody for any other teams. Not URI, not PC, not any A10 team, not any team in Daytona. Only these 3 $60k+ per year private universities.

Player for Bryant was Chris Childs. He and another Bryant player were dismissed from the Bryant team some weeks ago - don’t know why.

Wonder why Grasso has to do so much discipline.

Can’t believe you guys would settle for this guy. Low bar.

Thorr was there at the Ryan Center to see the altercations on the court with the Bryant players and Grasso himself.
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

……..some times, coaches(with their own ego baggage)will recruit players with red flags, academic and lack of discipline in order to promote their own agenda of winning…….thinking they can change the kid………these coaches, I think take this gamble in lower D1 levels to make a name and try to move up…….no?
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago At least Grasso disciplines players when called for, unlike our coach.
Really?

Bryant has a player kneel for the National Anthem in our Ryan Center with the Color Guard right in front of him. Kneeled right through the National Anthem singing. I have never seen a URI player for any sport do this. It’s their right to but I’ve never seen it and I don’t have to like it. I’ve had family lose life or suffer injury in WW1 and WW2. Do this at Bryant but not in a visiting facility on Veterans Day celebrations.
Nobody for any other teams. Not URI, not PC, not any A10 team, not any team in Daytona. Only these 3 $60k+ per year private universities.

Player for Bryant was Chris Childs. He and another Bryant player were dismissed from the Bryant team some weeks ago - don’t know why.

Thorr was there at the Ryan Center to see the altercations on the court with the Bryant players and Grasso himself.
No one said they want to settle for Grasso. He’s a better option than Cox, but that means nothing. We have to do better than Grasso if this program is going to sniff another bid anytime soon.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Really?

I'm not saying I want Grasso. You said Kiss was being disciplined for something. I know 2 of our players who continually get technical fouls and aren't being held accountable for them one bit. I guarantee there will be more. That's all my comment was about. I have no interest in bringing Grasso here.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago
Really?

I'm not saying I want Grasso. You said Kiss was being disciplined for something. I know 2 of our players who continually get technical fouls and aren't being held accountable for them one bit. I guarantee there will be more. That's all my comment was about. I have no interest in bringing Grasso here.
You said Grasso disciplined his players and Cox doesn’t.

Bryant clobbered Malik Martin and he could have been very, very seriously hurt. It was a bush league play by Elisias. He should have been thrown out of the game, but all 3 officials gathered and determined it was a Flagrant 1. Unbelievably this moron Grasso gets a technical because he disagreed with the call by the 3 officials who watched the replay. His guy runs the risk of serious injury to our player and Grasso wants to throw a tantrum? It should have been a Flagrant 2, Bryant and Grasso got a break with Flagrant 1. The asshole should have been apologizing to Malik Martin and to David Cox on the court - not throwing his own fit. Martin went to the line and was so shaken and hurt he didn’t come close on the FTs.
Security personnel had to get on the court and come between Cox and Grasso. Credit the hell to Cox for standing up to this punk ass play and punk ass Head Coach. Disciplinarian my ass.

Grasso makes Bergeron look like the tooth fairy.

Security gets between both benches
Tempers flared with 11:21 left when Malik Martin crashed to the floor under the basket.

Martin drove hard to the rim and took flight for a dunk attempt. Elisias – a noted shot blocker – flew over and missed the ball with a swipe. Martin was left exposed in the air and landed hard on his hip.

Elisias was assessed a flagrant foul, and Grasso picked up a technical once the officiating crew settled on the call. Building security came to midcourt on the sideline between the two benches, as Grasso and Cox each took a couple steps toward one another.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Really?

Bryant clobbered Malik Martin and he could have been very, very seriously hurt. It was a bush league play by Elisias. He should have been thrown out of the game, but all 3 officials gathered and determined it was a Flagrant 1. Unbelievably this moron Grasso gets a technical because he disagreed with the call by the 3 officials who watched the replay. His guy runs the risk of serious injury to our player and Grasso wants to throw a tantrum? It should have been a Flagrant 2, Bryant and Grasso got a break with Flagrant 1. The asshole should have been apologizing to Malik Martin and to David Cox on the court - not throwing his own fit. Martin went to the line and was so shaken and hurt he didn’t come close on the FTs.
Security personnel had to get on the court and come between Cox and Grasso. Credit the hell to Cox for standing up to this punk ass play and punk ass Head Coach. Disciplinarian my ass.

Tempers flared with 11:21 left when Malik Martin crashed to the floor under the basket.

Martin drove hard to the rim and took flight for a dunk attempt. Elisias – a noted shot blocker – flew over and missed the ball with a swipe. Martin was left exposed in the air and landed hard on his hip.

Elisias was assessed a flagrant foul, and Grasso picked up a technical once the officiating crew settled on the call. Building security came to midcourt on the sideline between the two benches, as Grasso and Cox each took a couple steps toward one another.
So.....was Kiss being disciplined? Or not??
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

He was out for 3 games with URI being the 3rd. Ask your buddy Grasso.

Kiss was acting all punk ass during the game as were several other Bryant players. I don’t care if kiss played or not. I don’t care if Kiss scored 60 points. Cox could have taken out Grasso for his behavior but Cox is a consummate gentleman. But it was so bad Ryan Security got out on the court between Cox and Grasso. Imagine if Martin was permanently hurt by that sorry play.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Like I said, I have no interest in Grasso. Relax, Ramster. My comment was more about what Cox doesn't do rather than what Grasso does do.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Like I said, I have no interest in Grasso. Relax, Ramster. My comment was more about what Cox doesn't do rather than what Grasso does do.
Cox was in the right. Grasso dead wrong. But you say Grasso is the disciplinarian and spite Cox for not being a disciplinarian. I don’t need David Cox taking lessons in anything from Grasso.
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

I just find it disingenuous for those to call out Grasso’s behavior on the bench, but some of those same people loved Dan Hurley’s “passion” on the sideline. Pretty much anyone whose seen Hurley coach thinks he’s a maniac. Does that make him a bad coach? No. Think the Xs and Os stuff is certainly fair game with Grasso. That was just a nitpick I had with the conversation.
3 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

ramster wrote: 2 years ago Really?

Seems like there is what, maybe 2 or 3 people saying they'd be ok with Grasso on here? One of which is a PC fan. No need to blow it out of proportion and try to make it sound like everyone is pushing for Grasso when its not the case.
1 x
Bigsnoop
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Bigsnoop »

I'm not pushing for Grasso, but I'm fairly certain he would win in Kingston. URI can hire whomever they want, but to kill Grasso for his antics while loving Hurley is disingenuous.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

You said Grasso disciplined his players and Cox doesn't.

Bryant clobbered Malik Martin and he could have been very, very seriously hurt. It was a bush league play by Elisias. He should have been thrown out of the game, but all 3 officials gathered and determined it was a Flagrant 1. Unbelievably this moron Grasso gets a technical because he disagreed with the call by the 3 officials who watched the replay. His guy runs the risk of serious injury to our player and Grasso wants to throw a tantrum? It should have been a Flagrant 2, Bryant and Grasso got a break with Flagrant 1. The asshole should have been apologizing to Malik Martin and to David Cox on the court - not throwing his own fit. Martin went to the line and was so shaken and hurt he didn't come close on the FTs.

Kiss was acting all punk ass during the game as were several other Bryant players. I don't care if kiss played or not. I don't care if Kiss scored 60 points. Cox could have taken out Grasso for his behavior but Cox is a consummate gentleman. But it was so bad Ryan Security got out on the court between Cox and Grasso. Imagine if Martin was permanently hurt by that sorry play.
Ask your buddy Grasso? Why are you completely exaggerating what Billyboy was implying? Forget about Grasso. We all know he acts like a complete asshole on the sidelines compared to Cox. Great. It's settled, and it's not even a debate.

Now explain to us what Cox has done to discipline the Twins regarding their countless dumb techs and fouls?
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Bigsnoop wrote: 2 years ago I'm not pushing for Grasso, but I'm fairly certain he would win in Kingston. URI can hire whomever they want, but to kill Grasso for his antics while loving Hurley is disingenuous.
Hurley acted like a freaking psycho on the sidelines. Especially in the first few seasons... And i loved it..
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Kiss was acting all punk ass during the game as were several other Bryant players. I don't care if kiss played or not. I don't care if Kiss scored 60 points. Cox could have taken out Grasso for his behavior but Cox is a consummate gentleman. But it was so bad Ryan Security got out on the court between Cox and Grasso. Imagine if Martin was permanently hurt by that sorry play.
Ask your buddy Grasso? Why are you completely exaggerating what Billyboy was implying? Forget about Grasso. We all know he acts like a complete asshole on the sidelines compared to Cox. Great. It's settled, and it's not even a debate.

Now explain to us what Cox has done to discipline the Twins regarding their countless dumb techs and fouls?
That's the point I'm trying to get across to Ramster. He's not getting it.
2 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Bigsnoop wrote: 2 years ago I'm not pushing for Grasso, but I'm fairly certain he would win in Kingston. URI can hire whomever they want, but to kill Grasso for his antics while loving Hurley is disingenuous.
Hurley acted like a freaking psycho on the sidelines. Especially in the first few seasons... And i loved it..
…….of course we did……he was our psycho……..
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Hurley was nutso at times, but at least HE was the nutso, not his players too.

We don't need another coach who lets his inmates run the asylum.......

I'm sorry...players going off half cocked during games shows no respect to others including the coach and the school.

And if they can act like that during games, who knows what they are doing away from the games.....

Baron lost control of his players toward the end, and it's happening with Cox too.
0 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

Thinking about technical fouls this year, We all know that there are times that a coach wants to get a technical to make a point and change the momentum of the game.

With the bad, bad season we are having, I can't remember a single tech that Cox has gotten.

Assuming this is true, this alone speaks volumes about Coach Cox!!!!
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

That's the point I'm trying to get across to Ramster. He's not getting it.
What does Cox disciplining the Twins have to do with anything? Why should I be "explaining the countless dumb techs and fouls?" The conversation is about Grasso being a candidate for Head Coach at URI. That is what this thread is about - Your Pick for Next Head Coach.

Cox is out so why should I or anybody be defending him - it's about Candidates for the Position.

Grasso is horrible as I have explained. His behavior at the URI - Bryant game told me he is not a Candidate in my mind. Thats it. Simple.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

2 specific examples from the URI - Bryant Game I cited that turned me off to Grasso:

Example 1. Elisias fouled Malik Martin and Martin went down very hard. It took a long time for Martin to get up off the floor and the crowd was concerned. The Referees went to the Monitor to review what had happened. To me it was minimum Flagrant 1 and could be ruled a Flagrant 2. Referees made the call a Flagrant 1. Grasso went berserk. This is what pissed off the URI Bench. Here is Grasso who should be happy his player Elisias got away with only a Flagrant 1 and he should be happy that Malik Martin was OK and not seriously hurt. Malik staggered to the FT line and missed both shots badly because he was so shaken up by the play. But instead of showing sportsmanship and concern for a URI player Grasso gets mad that the Referees ruled a Flagrant 1. That is why the Security had to take the floor as Grasso and Cox were stepping towards each other. I don't think the URI bench appreciated Grasso's anger after all that had taken place with Malik Martin's flagrant foul. Kudos to David Cox for standing up for his player.

Example 2. After URI blew Bryant out of the gym after being tied at halftime, Grasso went and sat on his bench and quit coaching the last several minutes. He seemed like he gave up. Right there I said to myself this guy is over rated. He should have been coaching right to the end but he chose to sit.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

rjsuperfly66 wrote: 2 years ago I just find it disingenuous for those to call out Grasso’s behavior on the bench, but some of those same people loved Dan Hurley’s “passion” on the sideline. Pretty much anyone whose seen Hurley coach thinks he’s a maniac. Does that make him a bad coach? No. Think the Xs and Os stuff is certainly fair game with Grasso. That was just a nitpick I had with the conversation.
See my 2 specific examples from the URI - Bryant game to support my opinion.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

2 specific examples I gave. These are specific to Grasso. I don't know what Hurley is being brought into discussion about who URI's future Coach should be. He has been gone 4 years.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

2 specific examples I gave. These are specific to Grasso. I don't know what Hurley is being brought into discussion about who URI's future Coach should be. He has been gone 4 years.
Hurley is being brought up because we were ok with his sidelines antics, but we don’t seem to be ok with Grasso’s when they are pretty much identical.

Pretty obvious to see why they are being compared.
2 x
Go Rhody
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

2 specific examples from the URI - Bryant Game I cited that turned me off to Grasso:

Example 1. Elisias fouled Malik Martin and Martin went down very hard. It took a long time for Martin to get up off the floor and the crowd was concerned. The Referees went to the Monitor to review what had happened. To me it was minimum Flagrant 1 and could be ruled a Flagrant 2. Referees made the call a Flagrant 1. Grasso went berserk. This is what pissed off the URI Bench. Here is Grasso who should be happy his player Elisias got away with only a Flagrant 1 and he should be happy that Malik Martin was OK and not seriously hurt. Malik staggered to the FT line and missed both shots badly because he was so shaken up by the play. But instead of showing sportsmanship and concern for a URI player Grasso gets mad that the Referees ruled a Flagrant 1. That is why the Security had to take the floor as Grasso and Cox were stepping towards each other. I don't think the URI bench appreciated Grasso's anger after all that had taken place with Malik Martin's flagrant foul. Kudos to David Cox for standing up for his player.

Example 2. After URI blew Bryant out of the gym after being tied at halftime, Grasso went and sat on his bench and quit coaching the last several minutes. He seemed like he gave up. Right there I said to myself this guy is over rated. He should have been coaching right to the end but he chose to sit.

Cooley and Hurley almsot had a brawl at mid court.

Seems like you’re picking and choosing what sideline antics you’re okay with.
0 x
Go Rhody
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Ramster, let it go. You're obviously not getting my point and I'm too tired to keep trying to explain it.
4 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Cooley and Hurley almsot had a brawl at mid court.

Seems like you’re picking and choosing what sideline antics you’re okay with.
Hurley and Cooley have nothing to do with who URI's next Head Coach should be. Zero.

I do not want Jared Grasso as Head Coach at URI. That's my opinion and gave two specific examples why from having watched the Bryant - URI Game on November 12 in the Ryan Center. We can and must do much better than Jared Grasso.

That's my opinion, obviously not shared by all here but so be it.
0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

JFC
2 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago Ramster, let it go. You're obviously not getting my point, and I'm too tired to keep trying to explain it.
Ya, I’d move on. I think Ramster knows what you meant. Hard not to. Pretending not to understand why Dan would be brought up and saying that we all want Grasso as our head coach is funny.
3 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

ramster wrote: 2 years ago And I’ll add Peter Kiss missed the URI game for reasons other than injury - he was kept out. And his attitude and demeanor on the bench and while standing around the time-out huddles was not the best.

With how much of a clown Grasso acts like, and him letting Kiss act like a loser as well, I’ll pass on him as our coach.
Rematch of the Bryant (14-8) NET 222- LIU (10-13) NET 270 is today at LIU 2pm

Last game on January 30 at Bryant had 12 Technical Fouls called and 4 Ejections.
Grasso, Kellogg, Ty Flowers and Kyndall Davis were ejected.
Kellogg, Flowers, Rivera of LIU and Kiss plus DBO St Lifer of Bryant all got 1 game suspensions. Bryant added an additional game for Kiss.
Public reprimands by the NEC Conference were given to Jared Grasso, Derek Kellogg, Peter Kiss, Ty Flowers, Alex Rivera and Tre Wood.

Ty Flowers and Tre Wood transferred from UMASS to play for Derek Kellogg at LIU
0 x
RoadyJay
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RoadyJay »

Rematch of the Bryant (14-8) - LIU (10-13) is today at LIU 2pm

Last game on January 30 at Bryant had 12 Technical Fouls called and 4 Ejections.
Kellogg, Flowers, Rivera of LIU and Kiss plus DBO St Lifer of Bryant all got 1 game suspensions. Bryant added an additional game for Kiss.
Public reprimands by the NEC Conference were given to Jared Grasso, Derek Kellogg, Peter Kiss, Ty Flowers, Alex Rivera and Tre Wood.

Grasso and Kellogg. LOL. A couple of my favorite human beings right there (insert sarcasm emoji)
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

42BC1D80-21A9-4142-AEB0-762AAB8426F3.jpeg
64E03843-6D46-4041-9827-3D9582458AA6.jpeg
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

…….think they use the same hair stylist?………
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

section(105) wrote: 2 years ago …….think they use the same hair stylist?………
Same one Slickee-boy Tom Moore uses?
0 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Pass on both these bozos
0 x
woodennickel1
ARD

Unread post by woodennickel1 »

Think you could do a lot worse then Shaheen Hollaway at St Peters.
3 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RoadyJay wrote: 2 years ago

Grasso and Kellogg. LOL. A couple of my favorite human beings right there (insert sarcasm emoji)
In Saturday's Kellogg vs Grasso Battle:

LIU won in the expected defensive battle (c/s) 99-88
Charlie Pride had a game high 15 rebounds but shot only 3-21 FG and only 1-12 on 3FG
Peter Kiss only 10-29 FG, 2-9 on 3FG 8-9 FT for 30 points but also had a game high 7 Turnovers

Pride and Kiss took 50 of Bryant's 80 FG attempts hitting a combined 13 of 50 for 26%
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Charlie Pride had a game high 15 rebounds but shot only 3-21 FG and only 1-12 on 3FG
Peter Kiss only 10-29 FG, 2-9 on 3FG 8-9 FT for 30 points but also had a game high 7 Turnovers

Pride and Kiss took 50 of Bryant's 80 FG attempts hitting a combined 13 of 50 for 26%
For someone that doesn't like Grasso you really can't stop talking about him, huh? He's not going to be our next head coach...
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

For someone that doesn't like Grasso you really can't stop talking about him, huh? He's not going to be our next head coach...
Some of our PC friends for the PC Board (3 of them) made visit this thread and commented on Grasso positively for being a candidate for the job.
And you don’t know who the next coach might be. Win tonight and this thread might die off for a while anyway.

And BTW, Bryant gets a ton of press from the ProJo and media in general. Yet we beat them by 19 and they play in a conference well below the A10 in competition level. Bryant is overrated every year. So yes it irks me when people think Grasso is the guy we should consider.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Some of our PC friends for the PC Board (3 of them) made visit this thread and commented on Grasso positively for being a candidate for the job.
And you don’t know who the next coach might be. Win tonight and this thread might die off for a while anyway.

And BTW, Bryant gets a ton of press from the ProJo and media in general. Yet we beat them by 19 and they play in a conference well below the A10 in competition level. Bryant is overrated every year. So yes it irks me when people think Grasso is the guy we should consider.

Bryant 100000% deserves more coverage from the projo and media than we do this season.
1 x
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Bryant 100000% deserves more coverage from the projo and media than we do this season.
100,000% is a lot
Bryant lost to Houston 111-44 or by 65 points
Bryant lost to URI by 19

Bryant NET = 230
URI NET = 119

But keep stoking that Grasso to URI concept
2 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

100,000% is a lot
Bryant lost to URI by 19

Bryant NET = 230
URI NET = 119

There was a gap of like 24+ hours between Grasso posts. As others have said, you seem to be the one breathing oxygen into him at this point.
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

SGreenwell wrote: 2 years ago

100,000% is a lot
Bryant lost to URI by 19

Bryant NET = 230
URI NET = 119

There was a gap of like 24+ hours between Grasso posts. As others have said, you seem to be the one breathing oxygen into him at this point.
Next time I’ll reduce the gap. Good grief.
0 x
LIRAM
Kenny Green

Unread post by LIRAM »

I'm in the Holloway camp and think he won't be at St. Pete's for long but Speedy Clayton is going to be very good Coach and is doing some great things at Hofstra. I went to the JMU game early this month and thought he was really good and he got his kids across the finish line in a tough OT game.
0 x