THE EARLY LINE URI VS Davidson

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
luke
Cuttino Mobley

THE EARLY LINE URI VS Davidson

Unread post by luke »

The Vegas line is Davidson - 2 1/2 . If URI wants to make any effort to turn the season around it must start Saturday afternoon. The last time I had a feeling the Rams would pull out a win I was totally wrong , but I'm not going to let that deter me : URI 68 -Davidson 64 . Rhody in a shocker. The
tough defense and the height up front finally puts it together against the less athletic wildcats.
0 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Re: THE EARLY LINE URI VS Davidson

Unread post by RI_Bred »

I love your enthusiasm. But no way.
0 x
Mobley was fouled.
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Unread post by spookydog »

I bet the most I have ever bet against RI in my life on this game. The end.
2 x
If there's a God, he is laughing at us
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Hey Luke how about the turnovers and the free throws
0 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

Wow Davidson -2.5. Free Money Alert.
1 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

luke wrote: 2 years ago The Vegas line is Davidson - 2 1/2 . If URI wants to make any effort to turn the season around it must start Saturday afternoon. The last time I had a feeling the Rams would pull out a win I was totally wrong , but I'm not going to let that deter me : URI 68 -Davidson 64 . Rhody in a shocker. The
tough defense and the height up front finally puts it together against the less athletic wildcats.
What does “turn the season around” mean in your mind?

We have 7 Q3/Q4 losses. And 1 D2 win.
2 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

Wish there was a legit line on the coach being replaced?
1 x
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

Regarding the turnovers and ft shooting , yeah that has to be better of course and I'm hoping it will be for at least tomorrow. As far as what does turn the season around I guess i mean return to an acceptable level of mistakes and turnovers and ft misses in this game and going forward to reverse
snowball the rest of the season and head to DC playing at a high level thereby giving them an honest shot to challenge for the A 10 tournament
championship . At the moment the way things have been going nobody would give URI any chance of winning even a game much less win a
championship . However , momentum is a funny thing and it does go both ways when you begin to head in either direction . Tomorrow could be
a start , or it could just be a continuation . I am hoping for the former.
0 x
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

I called this win and the naysayers all said no way. Credit Cox for at least temporarily fixing the ft shooting problem and the turnovers.
0 x
BleedBlue87
ARD

Unread post by BleedBlue87 »

spookydog wrote: 2 years ago I bet the most I have ever bet against RI in my life on this game. The end.
Please keep this going!
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

spookydog wrote: 2 years ago I bet the most I have ever bet against RI in my life on this game. The end.
So it's your fault! Don't do that again!!
1 x
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Unread post by spookydog »

PeteRI wrote: 2 years ago
So it's your fault! Don't do that again!!
I’ll take the blame. I did not see that coming.
2 x
If there's a God, he is laughing at us
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRam86 »

luke wrote: 2 years ago I called this win and the naysayers all said no way. Credit Cox for at least temporarily fixing the ft shooting problem and the turnovers.

I never blamed Cox for the poor ft shooting so I'm certainly not going to credit him for fixing it. If he indeed had control over free throw shooting why didn't he fix it 3 weeks ago? Was he just now realizing it was an issue?
1 x
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

Maybe you didn't hear the telecast where it was mentioned the team was reporting before classes daily to shoot fts for a couple hours . so I guess the coach's plan may have had a positive impact . and you are correct , maybe cox should have started the extra practice several games ago . But as they
say " Better late than never ."
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Really good call Luke you nailed it !!
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

luke wrote: 2 years ago The Vegas line is Davidson - 2 1/2 . If URI wants to make any effort to turn the season around it must start Saturday afternoon. The last time I had a feeling the Rams would pull out a win I was totally wrong , but I'm not going to let that deter me : URI 68 -Davidson 64 . Rhody in a shocker. The
Final URI 72 - Davidson 65

Well done Luke!!
0 x
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

ramster wrote: 2 years ago
Final URI 72 - Davidson 65

Well done Luke!!
Results like yesterday’s are why I’m glad I don’t gamble anymore. Back in the day, I would have put any extra money I had lying around on Davidson. It seemed like easy money. I guess it was a sucker line.
3 x