I'm jumping on the bandwagon!

Discuss everything related to the women's team.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Re: I'm jumping on the bandwagon!

Unread post by PeteRI »

43-38 Rhody going into the 4th Q. LFG!!!!
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Rhody on a 10-2 run to pull ahead by 9.
0 x
phipsiGD'11
Art Stephenson

Unread post by phipsiGD'11 »

just logged in to catch the 4th quarter, and my first time ever watching WBB
1 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Dolly Cairns now 5 for 6 from 3. 😳
1 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Great D limits SJU to 8 points in 14 minutes.
1 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Nothing casual about how this team goes about their business. Up 11 with a minute to go and they’re running plays and executing.

What a difference.
3 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

59-48 URI. 13 STRAIGHT WINS. 19-3. MOST WINS SINCE LAST NCAA APPEARANCE IN 1995.

Emannuelle Tahane with 18 points (9-12) and 10 rebounds.

Dolly Cairns with 15 (5-9 from 3).

Chanell Williams with 8 points and 5 assists.

Desiree Elmore 9 points, 6 rebounds, 6 assists.

12 steals for the team. Only downside is 1-8 from the line.
3 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago Nothing casual about how this team goes about their business. Up 11 with a minute to go and they’re running plays and executing.

What a difference.
That's what culture looks like
3 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Tammi's team reminds me of the last 2 Hurley teams. Strong D, balanced scoring, inside and outside shooting, and the tenacity and skill required not to wilt under pressure. A pleasure to root for them!
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Amazing the differences in our 2 programs one team having its best season ever and the men’s team on a downward spiral
2 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Awesome to see that the projo sent Bill Koch down to Philly for this. I know he mentioned in another thread he'd be covering as much as all the teams as he could and I guess I sort of assumed, especially with Covid still going on that he would have been watching on espn plus. Glad to see he was at the arena.
3 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Imagine if Dan and Tammi overlapped. Not sure the RC could have contained them both but that would have been electric.
7 x
LIRAM
Kenny Green

Unread post by LIRAM »

The starting 5 is so connected on both ends of the court. Tammi has done a great job of incorporating Elmore with Tahane and Foppossi. The biggest move was getting a grad transfer point guard in Chanell Williams to run the club. Tammi realized that Vargas and Hendley last years lead guards were not going to get us to the next level. She stole a dynamic two way player who plays with such energy and pace from our buddies up North.

Cairns just hits big shots every game. So impressed with her. After the 3 game losing streak mid-season Coach Tammi inserted her in starting line-up over Vargas and the season got back on track. We have not lost since.

Hoping Virginia does not come calling for Tammi! That would really stink!!!! Might be the only program able to pry her away sooner than later.
2 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 years ago
Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago Nothing casual about how this team goes about their business. Up 11 with a minute to go and they’re running plays and executing.

What a difference.
That's what culture looks like
"Marie-Paule Foppossi threw herself to the Hagan Arena floor in pursuit of a loose ball.

Saint Joseph’s was about to be hit with a shot-clock violation. The Hawks trailed by 11 points with 1:11 to play.

But here was perhaps the best example Wednesday night of why the University of Rhode Island is enjoying a historic women’s basketball season. Foppossi is one of the stars for the Rams, and she was willing to sacrifice well after the final result had effectively been decided."

https://www.providencejournal.com/story ... 713240001/

I talked about a similar thing I saw at a game recently. Every coach talks culture, but you know it when you see it, and the women's basketball program has it in spades
2 x
RoadyJay
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RoadyJay »

Watched the game last night. So impressed. Agree with you RR02... You can "see" the culture with this team.
3 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Some great quotes from Reiss, too - about forcing the opponent to adjust to you, about making them uncomfortable, essentially.
1 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Huge game against Fordham (16-5/7-2) this Sunday @ 1:00. Let's give them the crowd they deserve!
2 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

SGreenwell wrote: 2 years ago Some great quotes from Reiss, too - about forcing the opponent to adjust to you, about making them uncomfortable, essentially.
Tammi is definitely going places hope we can keep her as long as possible
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

URI needs to be proactive in trying to keep her here.

In other words, don't repeat what happened with Dan.....

Don't wait until the horse has left the barn before attempting to close the door.

Of course, that would be something new for URI.
3 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

She got a raise and 2 year extension at the end of last season when she won A10 Coach of the Year. That at the end of her 2nd year. He was proactive.
Thorr knows the situation.
2 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

ramster wrote: 2 years ago She got a raise and 2 year extension at the end of last season when she won A10 Coach of the Year. That at the end of her 2nd year. He was proactive.
That's good, but will it be enough?

He's going to have to keep raising and extending her.........
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

rambone 78 wrote: 2 years ago
ramster wrote: 2 years ago She got a raise and 2 year extension at the end of last season when she won A10 Coach of the Year. That at the end of her 2nd year. He was proactive.

Rambone,
I agree with you.
Don't know if you have watched these two podcasts by Scott Brand of Thorr and Tammi but I highly recommend them if you haven't. And even if you have it's a good replay imho. They are great and both talk about the other at times in their respective podcasts.

Thorr and Tammi really understand and respect one another very well. I believe if she leaves URI it will not be because Thorr or URI didn't do enough but it will be because the opportunity was just too good to pass up. In that case you just thank her and wish her the very best. It happens with mid majors and even with P5 schools. The best move on and up - doesn't necessarily mean Thorr or URI did anything wrong, it's just reality.

That said, what is truly disappointing is the attendance at the URI WBB games. I have been a fan of URI WBB for many years.

So here we are in just her 3rd year and still only getting 550 attendance per game. It's an increase over prior years but we can do better than this.

I know Dan Hurley was baffled at times about turnout for certain games, even in his last two years there were a few games we could have turned out in bigger numbers. Maybe URI has had poor performing WBB teams for so long that a following just takes time to build up - I hope that is the case.

This Sunday at 1pm is a huge game at the Ryan Center. Anna DeWolfe is the leading scored in the A10, a very good player worth the price of admission. Fordham is right on our tail as competition for the A10 Championship as well as for a possible NCAA At-Large Bid.

Next Wednesday at 6pm is another humongous game for URI hosting undefeated Dayton. Two URI WBB Games don't get any better or bigger for URI WBB than these two games. Not in my memory of the past 30 years - and here they are back to back - this coming Sunday and Wednesday - a prestigious NCAA Bid is within reach of these URI Players and Coaching Staff.

So quite honestly forget Tammi's contract and where she is next year or the year after. Enjoy today, this season. It hasn't been this exciting for URI WBB maybe ever.

Tammi, her staff and her players will give it their all. Posters here are pushing not going to MBB games to make a statement. Well then why not make a positive statement and get to the Ryan Center Sunday at 1pm and Wednesday at 6pm? $10 per ticket. General Admission. Sit wherever you want if you get there when doors open an hour before tip off. Watch the players warm up. Watch how Tammi and her staff of Coaches work with the players in preparation for the game. Best seat in the house is yours. Rammettes will be there, URI Cheerleaders will be there plus the URI Pep Band. Have a beer or two or three in your seat. Grab some food and have lunch or dinner pregame. Easy pregame parking. Easy post game exit.

Time for URI Fans to step up, realize what we have going on here. It's the best of times for URI WBB. If _ _ _ _ _ 19 (not allowed to talk about it on KB) has taught us anything it's to not take the future for granted. Get there Sunday or get there Wednesday or BOTH and enjoy. Support Tammi and the girls - that is what they want to see more than anything from the URI community - contract thoughts are the furthest thing from Tammi's mind right now, trust me.

She wants to win the A10 Championship - that has been the goal from Day 1. This Goal is instilled in the Coaching Staff and in the Players. We could be watching History in the making!!

The future is now!!!

6 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Here here! Great post ramster. 💯
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

I’ve never seen the Lady Rams like this before. What a terrific job they’re doing!

Tammi is spot on Thor. He always takes the time to know everyone’s name and talk to them. I think he’s stellar as an AD.
1 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

ramster wrote: 2 years ago
rambone 78 wrote: 2 years ago

Rambone,
I agree with you.
Don't know if you have watched these two podcasts by Scott Brand of Thorr and Tammi but I highly recommend them if you haven't. And even if you have it's a good replay imho. They are great and both talk about the other at times in their respective podcasts.

Thorr and Tammi really understand and respect one another very well. I believe if she leaves URI it will not be because Thorr or URI didn't do enough but it will be because the opportunity was just too good to pass up. In that case you just thank her and wish her the very best. It happens with mid majors and even with P5 schools. The best move on and up - doesn't necessarily mean Thorr or URI did anything wrong, it's just reality.

That said, what is truly disappointing is the attendance at the URI WBB games. I have been a fan of URI WBB for many years.

So here we are in just her 3rd year and still only getting 550 attendance per game. It's an increase over prior years but we can do better than this.

I know Dan Hurley was baffled at times about turnout for certain games, even in his last two years there were a few games we could have turned out in bigger numbers. Maybe URI has had poor performing WBB teams for so long that a following just takes time to build up - I hope that is the case.

This Sunday at 1pm is a huge game at the Ryan Center. Anna DeWolfe is the leading scored in the A10, a very good player worth the price of admission. Fordham is right on our tail as competition for the A10 Championship as well as for a possible NCAA At-Large Bid.

Next Wednesday at 6pm is another humongous game for URI hosting undefeated Dayton. Two URI WBB Games don't get any better or bigger for URI WBB than these two games. Not in my memory of the past 30 years - and here they are back to back - this coming Sunday and Wednesday - a prestigious NCAA Bid is within reach of these URI Players and Coaching Staff.

So quite honestly forget Tammi's contract and where she is next year or the year after. Enjoy today, this season. It hasn't been this exciting for URI WBB maybe ever.

Tammi, her staff and her players will give it their all. Posters here are pushing not going to MBB games to make a statement. Well then why not make a positive statement and get to the Ryan Center Sunday at 1pm and Wednesday at 6pm? $10 per ticket. General Admission. Sit wherever you want if you get there when doors open an hour before tip off. Watch the players warm up. Watch how Tammi and her staff of Coaches work with the players in preparation for the game. Best seat in the house is yours. Rammettes will be there, URI Cheerleaders will be there plus the URI Pep Band. Have a beer or two or three in your seat. Grab some food and have lunch or dinner pregame. Easy pregame parking. Easy post game exit.

Time for URI Fans to step up, realize what we have going on here. It's the best of times for URI WBB. If _ _ _ _ _ 19 (not allowed to talk about it on KB) has taught us anything it's to not take the future for granted. Get there Sunday or get there Wednesday or BOTH and enjoy. Support Tammi and the girls - that is what they want to see more than anything from the URI community - contract thoughts are the furthest thing from Tammi's mind right now, trust me.

She wants to win the A10 Championship - that has been the goal from Day 1. This Goal is instilled in the Coaching Staff and in the Players. We could be watching History in the making!!

The future is now!!!

Agreed. This feels like a make-or-break week for URI WBB - from a team and fan perspective.

Sunday is early enough before the super bowl. Good opponent. And the team is making noise. What they are doing is historic relative to this program's standing.

I mean Bill Koch has been traveling to away games to cover them - which means more people are reading the Projo articles about them. The fans need to show out Sunday and Wednesday.

Thanks to the mods for keeping this thread in the main NCAA or bust discussion. But at least one Rhody bball team is owning up to that moniker.
4 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

I do think it's important that fans start going to the games. Will she want to stay at a program that has zero fan interest in a season when you're pushing for an NCAA at large? And how many resources can Thorr justify putting toward that program if fans won't go to games? It's really on us down the stretch here. The athletic department, the coach, and the team have done their jobs so far, it's time for us to do our job and give the women a home court advantage
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

And if URI attendance does not increase accordingly with the success of the team then it doesn't make much sense to bitch, moan and blame Thorr and the URI Administration if/when Tammi accepts another opportunity. Time to step up to the plate Rhody Nation.
5 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

ramster wrote: 2 years ago And if URI attendance does not increase accordingly with the success of the team then it doesn't make much sense to bitch, moan and blame Thorr and the URI Administration if/when Tammi accepts another opportunity. Time to step up to the plate Rhody Nation.
Drop the _____ and we'll be there..
I called the box office and asked, since the governor has dropped the mandate, will masks still be required at the Ry? The young lady had to go check with someone...and came back and said "the Ryan Center follows university policy, so still required."

Who exactly makes that call? How does that make any sense?
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago
ramster wrote: 2 years ago And if URI attendance does not increase accordingly with the success of the team then it doesn't make much sense to bitch, moan and blame Thorr and the URI Administration if/when Tammi accepts another opportunity. Time to step up to the plate Rhody Nation.
Drop the _____ and we'll be there..
I called the box office and asked, since the governor has dropped the mandate, will masks still be required at the Ry? The young lady had to go check with someone...and came back and said "the Ryan Center follows university policy, so still required."

Who exactly makes that call? How does that make any sense?
Have a drink and a popcorn in your hands, constantly eating and drinking, and you don't have to worry about wearing the mask. Now that I've solved the problem for you, hope to see you out there
2 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Is the women's team being promoted on campus? A large number of students attending the games would be great.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

There were students in the student section last game. Most I’ve seen. We will see in the Fordham and Dayton games what level of attendance can be achieved. Record breaking consecutive game win streak, record home court win streak, undefeated in A10 and knocking on the door of an A10 bid. Plus most ever PROJO and media coverage that I can ever remember.

We will see.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

These are all the promotions for the next two women's games

Fordham | February 13 at 1 pm
GIVEAWAY: First 250 fans in attendance will receive a free RI Winter Hat
National Girls and Women in Sports Day: Rhode Island Athletics will be celebrating National Girls and Women in Sports Day on February 13. To celebrate National Girls and Women in Sports Day, Rhode Island Athletic's women's teams (rowing, soccer, softball, track and field, volleyball, and the spirit programs) will be holding a pre-game multi-sport clinic in Mackal Fieldhouse from 11:00 AM- 12:00 PM followed by an autograph session! All registrants will receive a free ticket to the women's basketball game vs. Fordham at 1 pm at the Ryan Center and parents can purchase $5 tickets at the door or online HERE. The first 300 registrants will receive a free Rally Towel courtesy of People's Credit Union and the first 250 fans at the game will receive a free RI Winter Hat. REGISTER HERE
Shaidzon Flex Pack: Grab 10 game vouchers to be used at this game or any game(s) + 4 Pack of Shaidzon beer for only $50 HERE.
Jersey 4 Packs: Grab 4 tickets and 4 replica jerseys to any home women's basketball game HERE.
F/S Appreciation: URI Faculty and Staff can receive two (2) FREE tickets and the ability to purchase additional $10 tickets HERE.
Lace Up for Pediatric Cancer Game: Those battling cancer, their caregivers, and survivors can claim 4 free tickets to the women's basketball game vs. Fordham at 1pm HERE.
Junior Ruckus Game: Free winter hats to first 100 Jr Ruckus members!

Dayton | February 16 at 6 pm
GIVEAWAY: New Rams Head t-shirt to first 300 fans in attendance!
STUDENT GIVEAWAY: FREE pizza for first 300 students!
Dads and Daughters Day: Dads can bring their daughters in for free (or anyone else!) with our 2 for 1 ticket deal HERE.
Jersey 4 Packs: Grab 4 tickets and 4 replica jerseys to any home women's basketball game HERE.
Shaidzon Flex Pack: Grab 10 game vouchers to be used at this game or any game(s) + 4 Pack of Shaidzon beer for only $50 HERE.
High School Night: High School basketball players and coaches can receive one (1) FREE ticket. Click here to fill out a request form.
1 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

That's great marketing. This team deserves the attention!
0 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

ok I'm on board. This team is good and fun to watch. Easy to route for them. Maybe I have a reason to head over to the RC.
1 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Let's bang out the joint today for the best URI team in years!
1 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

So there's a little snow. Big deal - I'm not getting off this bandwagon! Who else is going to see the Pride of the RC today?
3 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

It's a track meet so far. 10-10 @ 4:37 in 1st Q.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

PeteRI wrote: 2 years ago It's a track meet so far. 10-10 @ 4:37 in 1st Q.
Are there a lot of people there?
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Good crowd today
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

100s pretty full. 200s maybe 1/3 full. Definitely more than last game.
1 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

19-15 URI after 1st Q. Tahane en fuego with 8.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

PeteRI wrote: 2 years ago 19-15 URI after 1st Q. Tahane en fuego with 8.
And 4 rebounds.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Couldn’t make it due to a 2 year old nap situation. But have tix for the whole fam on Weds.
3 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Tight, tough game. Chanelle Williams got knocked to the floor and left the court. Hope she comes back soon. 27-24 URI with 2:40 left in Q2.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Tahane is already close to a double double at the half. 8 pts., 9 reb. Also has 3 assists.
1 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

34-26 URI at the half. Balanced scoring with Tahane and Elmore with 8, Cairns with 7, MFP and Williams with 4 and Hendley with 3 off the bench. Perfect 7 for 7 from the line, 54% from the field. Great game so far.
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Chanell back in the game. That is one tough woman. 💪
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

PeteRI wrote: 2 years ago Chanell back in the game. That is one tough woman. 💪
And already 2 steals in the 2nd half, 4 for the game.
1 x