El-Amin No 42 Jerseys now being sold at UCONN

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
ramster
Frank Keaney

El-Amin No 42 Jerseys now being sold at UCONN

Unread post by ramster »

Ishmael wears his dad's Number 42 for URI in honor of his dad

UCONN is now selling Jersey's with El-Amin on the back. Nice idea.

https://the-boneyard.com/threads/uconn- ... ck.178300/
0 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Re: El-Amin No 42 Jerseys now being sold at UCONN

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

No school that has more tradition than URI honors it less.
2 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

It would be cool to see ODOM and MOBLEY jerseys available for purchase at URI, if they could work out an agreement with those players. (I'm sure they both have some kind of charity they work with - maybe promise a portion of the sale to them?) They strike me as the two biggest "name" players they might want to try first, although there are plenty of others from the years that they could expand to.
6 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

SGreenwell wrote: 2 years ago It would be cool to see ODOM and MOBLEY jerseys available for purchase at URI, if they could work out an agreement with those players. (I'm sure they both have some kind of charity they work with - maybe promise a portion of the sale to them?) They strike me as the two biggest "name" players they might want to try first, although there are plenty of others from the years that they could expand to.
Williams 35...the greatest player in our history. And I've never really seen Lamar as an all time great here. He just wasn't here long enough.
0 x
Matt Keebler
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Matt Keebler »

We’re not exactly big on honoring tradition. Silk Owens was in the building last Saturday and we didn’t even bother mention it on the PA, doubt we will be selling legends jerseys anytime soon, makes too much sense and might generate $$.
5 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

UMass just started selling Camby jerseys too, I believe.
1 x
Rammgr
Jeff Kent

Unread post by Rammgr »

Don’t need another facsimile jersey. I have a Sly Williams game Jersey from
His freshman yr.
3 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago
SGreenwell wrote: 2 years ago It would be cool to see ODOM and MOBLEY jerseys available for purchase at URI, if they could work out an agreement with those players. (I'm sure they both have some kind of charity they work with - maybe promise a portion of the sale to them?) They strike me as the two biggest "name" players they might want to try first, although there are plenty of others from the years that they could expand to.
Williams 35...the greatest player in our history. And I've never really seen Lamar as an all time great here. He just wasn't here long enough.
I don't mean to be flippant or ignorant of history here, but if the goal is to sell jerseys, then I think you go with Odom and Mobley. Maybe Dowtin, Martin, even a Fatts jersey vs. a Russell one, to capitalize on his nickname. But I think the older players, you might want to tie those to anniversary dates or special occasions.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

SGreenwell wrote: 2 years ago
I don't mean to be flippant or ignorant of history here, but if the goal is to sell jerseys, then I think you go with Odom and Mobley. Maybe Dowtin, Martin, even a Fatts jersey vs. a Russell one, to capitalize on his nickname. But I think the older players, you might want to tie those to anniversary dates or special occasions.
Wouldn't Mobley and Lamar now be considered old players? I mean, they played 24 and 23 years ago now.
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

SGreenwell wrote: 2 years ago
Wouldn't Mobley and Lamar now be considered old players? I mean, they played 24 and 23 years ago now.
Ha, that could definitely be the case too, that I'm showing my own age. I know Lamar is still popular because of his off-the-court rollercoaster ride. Mobley, maybe not. Hell, it's just fabric - Have the initial run be one player from last five decades. Or, do a t-shirt with replica signatures of the starting five from the each NCAA tournament run. They're ideas worth trying.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

I have Cuttino's senior year away jersey...I'm saving it for our first ever Final Four appearance.
4 x
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

Sales would literally be zero for Williams jerseys.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

I have a Dawan Robinson Jersey that people think is Lamar from 04-05 or so.
0 x
GO RAMS
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Rhodyram wrote: 2 years ago Sales would literally be zero for Williams jerseys.
Well, I would buy 1, so you're wrong there.
3 x
Matt Keebler
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Matt Keebler »

Silk was at the game again today. I said hello and asked why there was no engagement, he said he doesn’t really have much back & forth with the athletic dept. and doesn’t really let them know he’s coming. I think he was being polite, I was 12 when he was a senior and I recognize him. Such a shame, he was super nice and thanked me for saying hello.
2 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Awesome Silk an all time URI legend
0 x