David Cox officially let go by URI (formerly, "Fire Cox")

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Re: FIRE COX

Unread post by eli#10 »

Let's do the math: all in I believe there are about 15,000 students enrolled in school so another $20 bucks per student on next year's bill and you got it covered. Call it what you want and it is a done deal.
1 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago

300K? If URI can't pay 300K to buyout a coach I will no longer be a season tix holder rat.
Tell me where the money is stashed? Every available dollar is allocated every year. And, are you going to pay the next coach the same as Cox? You'll get what you paid for.
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
daytonflyerfan
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by daytonflyerfan »

reef wrote: 2 years ago
I like this also , be nice to get a head start especially if Thorr knows he done @ end of year

Also say we finish 15-15 and have a miracle and win the A10s I want Cox gone
I'd bring him back if they win the A10T. I'd even give him an extension if that happened. 4 years, 1 nit, 1 ncaat. Not bad at all. Not too long of an extension though. The goal is to make the ncaat, if he accomplishes that objective, you have to reward him.
0 x
RhodyFanNotAlum
Kenny Green

Unread post by RhodyFanNotAlum »

I'm sure most of us remember this column that Morey wrote A YEAR AGO after a 75-63 home loss to UMass. Read it again in the light of this season and yet another UMass loss. It could have been written yesterday. This coach has learned nothing.

https://www.wpri.com/sports/column-why- ... -approach/

KINGSTON, R.I. (WPRI) – It’s time to start to question the moves, and lack thereof, that David Cox has made this season.

It was late Saturday night, the Rams were run off the floor by a rebuilding and severely undermanned UMass team. Their third straight loss. Cox chose to sit Antwan Walker longer than he played him in the first half despite being virtually unguardable (14pts, 6rebs).

Not because of injury – I asked. And he hadn’t committed a foul.
7 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

……regardless of when the axe falls, a new coach coming In would most likely not care much about the Cox record, and circumstances of the dismissal. At least not enough to say no thanks to job offer. The big names would not be coming due to the lack of money etc. Let’s remember most of these guys, seriously looking at the job, have have rather large basketball and competitive egos that in their head they say, I can win there……..no?
2 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

eli#10 wrote: 2 years ago Let's do the math: all in I believe there are about 15,000 students enrolled in school so another $20 bucks per student on next year's bill and you got it covered. Call it what you want and it is a done deal.
Yeah, great idea! We already charge them for the Ryan Center and stick them in the worst seats even after a condition of them paying that bill were seats directly behind the benches, maybe now we can make them pay to buy out the coach and kick them out of the building entirely!

Or, here's another idea. Maybe we don't charge the students, maybe we require the boosters to pay for the level of program they claim they want. If boosters can't afford this buyout then we have the program we deserve
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 years ago
eli#10 wrote: 2 years ago Let's do the math: all in I believe there are about 15,000 students enrolled in school so another $20 bucks per student on next year's bill and you got it covered. Call it what you want and it is a done deal.
Yeah, great idea! We already charge them for the Ryan Center and stick them in the worst seats even after a condition of them paying that bill were seats directly behind the benches, maybe now we can make them pay to buy out the coach and kick them out of the building entirely!

Or, here's another idea. Maybe we don't charge the students, maybe we require the boosters to pay for the level of program they claim they want. If boosters can't afford this buyout then we have the program we deserve
Watched some Michigan State v somebody a few days ago and they had the students in the premium seats.
Gotta say the visuals on tv were pretty good.
Lots of energy.
Not sure why we went away from that.
2 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

rhodyrudder wrote: 2 years ago

Watched some Michigan State v somebody a few days ago and they had the students in the premium seats.
Lots of energy.
Because our fall into irrelevance meant declining revenues and they wanted to charge people more money to get those seats.

The mob held out in 103/104 for as long as they could but that died out too.

Pretty sad.

Maybe the Cox firing will lead to a reseating plan and the ability to make those changes.
2 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

……I think went away from that because of the season ticket holder(older)that did not want to be close in same area to kids standing all game long and being loud etc……I think these folks made enough complaints that resulted in students being moved……neva got that…..the 104 section could go back to all students, also some in 105 section and move we season ticket holders to?…….no?
2 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
BlackDogRants
Steve Chubin

Unread post by BlackDogRants »

RhodyFanNotAlum wrote: 2 years ago I'm sure most of us remember this column that Morey wrote A YEAR AGO after a 75-63 home loss to UMass. Read it again in the light of this season and yet another UMass loss. It could have been written yesterday. This coach has learned nothing.

KINGSTON, R.I. (WPRI) – It’s time to start to question the moves, and lack thereof, that David Cox has made this season.

It was late Saturday night, the Rams were run off the floor by a rebuilding and severely undermanned UMass team. Their third straight loss. Cox chose to sit Antwan Walker longer than he played him in the first half despite being virtually unguardable (14pts, 6rebs).

A year ago? ... How about my post from 3 years ago! (Lol)

"Perhaps I’ll get flamed for this, but a team full of freshman and a coach with abolsutely no experience is a looking like a recipe for disaster. We would have been better off hiring a re-tread from another program. Someone who had a system in place or an identity. DH turned programs around, that was his thing. He was a defense preacher, he had that fire and passion on the sideline which became his calling card. What’s this guy have? He’s a turd. He’s a dud. He looks like a friend to these guys not a leader. The team goes out there any given game and just runs around like it’s a schoolyard pick up. Chuck up some 3’s - jog back - try it again. Go 0-15 and keep shooting ... I mean what is that game plan? If any of these guys tried this individual play throwing up shots with DH he would have chewed them out right there on the sideline and sat them. I hope this post does not age well but I’m nervous Cox was a bad choice."
4 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

section(105) wrote: 2 years ago ……I think went away from that because of the season ticket holder(older)that did not want to be close in same area to kids standing all game long and being loud etc……I think these folks made enough complaints that resulted in students being moved……neva got that…..the 104 section could go back to all students, also some in 105 section and move we season ticket holders to?…….no?
I know the away teams complained a lot.

Why we cared what the visitors felt about our fans was always a mystery to me.

But I do seem to remember the elderly and lame complaining too. But those are the fans we attract. Who wants a loud atmosphere?
2 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago
rhodyrudder wrote: 2 years ago

Lots of energy.
Because our fall into irrelevance meant declining revenues and they wanted to charge people more money to get those seats.

The mob held out in 103/104 for as long as they could but that died out too.

Pretty sad.

Maybe the Cox firing will lead to a reseating plan and the ability to make those changes.
Plus, by that point all the students that were around and remembered that it was a requirement the students sit there and not a gift or handout were gone
1 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

BlackDogRants wrote: 2 years ago
RhodyFanNotAlum wrote: 2 years ago I'm sure most of us remember this column that Morey wrote A YEAR AGO after a 75-63 home loss to UMass. Read it again in the light of this season and yet another UMass loss. It could have been written yesterday. This coach has learned nothing.

A year ago? ... How about my post from 3 years ago! (Lol)

"Perhaps I’ll get flamed for this, but a team full of freshman and a coach with abolsutely no experience is a looking like a recipe for disaster. We would have been better off hiring a re-tread from another program. Someone who had a system in place or an identity. DH turned programs around, that was his thing. He was a defense preacher, he had that fire and passion on the sideline which became his calling card. What’s this guy have? He’s a turd. He’s a dud. He looks like a friend to these guys not a leader. The team goes out there any given game and just runs around like it’s a schoolyard pick up. Chuck up some 3’s - jog back - try it again. Go 0-15 and keep shooting ... I mean what is that game plan? If any of these guys tried this individual play throwing up shots with DH he would have chewed them out right there on the sideline and sat them. I hope this post does not age well but I’m nervous Cox was a bad choice."
Incredible! Do you want to help me with some stock picks?
3 x
Mobley was fouled.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Holy shit, I never saw that Morey column before. It is deadly. If Thorr didn't see it someone needs to send it to him immediately. Not only is it an irrefutable critique of Cox's ineptitude as a coach, it's full of howlers like this:
33 seconds later, Carey drove the lane seemingly without a plan — for the 1000th time this year – and was whistled for an offensive foul.
3 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

I imagine Morey's glad they're still doing interviews via Zoom. 😐
1 x
Sweep The Leg
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Sweep The Leg »

section(105) wrote: 2 years ago ……I think went away from that because of the season ticket holder(older)that did not want to be close in same area to kids standing all game long and being loud etc……I think these folks made enough complaints that resulted in students being moved……neva got that…..the 104 section could go back to all students, also some in 105 section and move we season ticket holders to?…….no?
I know the away teams complained a lot.

Why we cared what the visitors felt about our fans was always a mystery to me.

But I do seem to remember the elderly and lame complaining too. But those are the fans we attract. Who wants a loud atmosphere?
A balding Crypt Keeper looking coach complained the loudest.
2 x
'No Mercy.'
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

I remember going back 45 years or so in Keaney, the entire lower bowl was students. The alums and other fans sat in the upper bowl. When we got really good around '77 or '78, the place was incredibly loud and the students were insane. It was the first time I had ever seen a team have to huddle out on the court during timeouts instead of on the bench because they couldn't hear the coach. It was awesome! It's a shame it can never be like that again.
6 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

We are in 104 and would move to have students behind the Visitor's bench!! Clearly they would have more volume than we do.
4 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago I remember going back 45 years or so in Keaney, the entire lower bowl was students. The alums and other fans sat in the upper bowl. When we got really good around '77 or '78, the place was incredibly loud and the students were insane. It was the first time I had ever seen a team have to huddle out on the court during timeouts instead of on the bench because they couldn't hear the coach. It was awesome! It's a shame it can never be like that again.
I was there in the late 80s to early 90s...If I recall, you pretty much got there and sat wherever in the pull out benches. There were a few season ticket holders that if you were in their seats (typically in the first couple of rows) would kick you out. My friends and I got their early and sat around center court starting in the 4th row and no one asked us to move. It was a true loud wonderful free for all!

Then (a year after I graduated), they re did the lower bowl putting in seat backs and the end zone. At that point the students were moved to the end zone. I started getting season tickets for the 92/93 season and somehow managed to get first row across from the home bench, next to this wonderful old couple who's names I don't remember. I do remember him being honored at a game at the RC at some point as a long time season ticket holder. They often brought their grandson.

When the RC opened, the students were in the lower bowl. Then the AD before Bjorn moved them I believe.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

steviep123 wrote: 2 years ago
Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago I remember going back 45 years or so in Keaney, the entire lower bowl was students. The alums and other fans sat in the upper bowl. When we got really good around '77 or '78, the place was incredibly loud and the students were insane. It was the first time I had ever seen a team have to huddle out on the court during timeouts instead of on the bench because they couldn't hear the coach. It was awesome! It's a shame it can never be like that again.
I was there in the late 80s to early 90s...If I recall, you pretty much got there and sat wherever in the pull out benches. There were a few season ticket holders that if you were in their seats (typically in the first couple of rows) would kick you out. My friends and I got their early and sat around center court starting in the 4th row and no one asked us to move. It was a true loud wonderful free for all!

Then (a year after I graduated), they re did the lower bowl putting in seat backs and the end zone. At that point the students were moved to the end zone. I started getting season tickets for the 92/93 season and somehow managed to get first row across from the home bench, next to this wonderful old couple who's names I don't remember. I do remember him being honored at a game at the RC at some point as a long time season ticket holder. They often brought their grandson.

When the RC opened, the students were in the lower bowl. Then the AD before Bjorn moved them I believe.
It may bee a double edged sword to put them all in the lower level behind the benches, especially when we are doing so poorly. Last game had a lot of students BUT by no means was it filled up. By half time I would estimate that half were gone.
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

I believe it was the A-10 league office that requested students not be seated behind the visitor's bench at the Ryan Center. Many coaches complained about the treatment they got. URI made the change to satisfy the rest of the A-10.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

RF1 wrote: 2 years ago I believe it was the A-10 league office that requested students not be seated behind the visitor's bench at the Ryan Center. Many coaches complained about the treatment they got. URI made the change to satisfy the rest of the A-10.
Stupid reason. They basically acknowledged that it served it's purpose...so they moved them...
5 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

RF1 wrote: 2 years ago I believe it was the A-10 league office that requested students not be seated behind the visitor's bench at the Ryan Center. Many coaches complained about the treatment they got. URI made the change to satisfy the rest of the A-10.
Ridiculous reason - it's called home court advantage.
3 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
rjv
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by rjv »

I remember being behind the visitors bench in keaney in the late 80's "SECTION 8" I believe? It was great!!!!! Non stop yelling at the visiting team and being so loud that when there was a timeout the players had to move their chairs to the court so they could hear the coach...MEMORIES!!!!!!
4 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Correct. My favorite part of my time at URI was being pulled into a certain employee's office and being reamed out for the complaints they got from the A-10.

Basically teams came in here, lost a basketball game, and after that game were so incensed that they called the league to complain about the fans? We made them feel that un-welcome in the Ryan Center....um you're welcome. We did our job.

Imagine that complaint getting up to Dan Hurley - what do you think his reaction would be? He'd call the league back themselves, then probably call the coaches of those programs complaining and call them pussies.

Our conference is small time too. Imagine how soft a look that is. Imagine that happening in the B1G because the fans were too mean to someone else.
8 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Great, then we need to tell St. Joe's their mangy bird is no longer allowed into the Ryan Center. If the office and other schools can dictate URI policy, we damn sure can dictate URI policy and tell them that thing isn't welcome. Also, if we weren't allowed to seat students behind the benches, then they should have been moved from 104 and 105 to 110-112, and move the people in the latter sections to where the students had been, not moved to behind the baskets
Last edited by RhowdyRam02 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

……put students back in 104, and turn off the hot water in the visitor locker room showers……
4 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

Was hoping for a Monday announcement about the coach but I guess it ain’t coming until end of year.
2 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

What's more likely to happen, is before the end of the season some players announcing their intention to transfer....doesn't happen often, but in our case I wouldn't be surprised.
1 x
gazakaza
Steve Chubin

Unread post by gazakaza »

Take a look at Morey’s Column this week:

https://www.wpri.com/sports/feb-7-wpri- ... irections/
0 x
gazakaza
Steve Chubin

Unread post by gazakaza »

gazakaza wrote: 2 years ago Take a look at Morey’s Column this week:

Some quotes:

- As of Monday, URI is 0-3 against Quad 1 and Quad 2. 3-4 against Quad 3 and 8-1 against Quad 4. 11-9 in games against Division I teams. Those metrics aren’t good enough to sniff the NIT.

- News flash: Culture isn’t defined by results. Culture doesn’t improve because shots fell and stops were made. Culture also doesn’t necessarily diminish during losing streaks. Culture is defined by what’s done on a daily basis regardless of wins and losses. Good culture is evident in the things team’s can control. Body language, communication with teammates and coaches, handling adversity, etc. Those are all areas Cox mentioned at the beginning of the year that he wanted his program to improve on. We’ll get a really good look at it the next few weeks.

- Hard Truth: Rams haven’t hit rock bottom yet
2 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

gazakaza wrote: 2 years ago

Some quotes:

- As of Monday, URI is 0-3 against Quad 1 and Quad 2. 3-4 against Quad 3 and 8-1 against Quad 4. 11-9 in games against Division I teams. Those metrics aren’t good enough to sniff the NIT.

- News flash: Culture isn’t defined by results. Culture doesn’t improve because shots fell and stops were made. Culture also doesn’t necessarily diminish during losing streaks. Culture is defined by what’s done on a daily basis regardless of wins and losses. Good culture is evident in the things team’s can control. Body language, communication with teammates and coaches, handling adversity, etc. Those are all areas Cox mentioned at the beginning of the year that he wanted his program to improve on. We’ll get a really good look at it the next few weeks.

I love Morey going scorched earth here. The Cox quote is awful if you read the story. Talking about how the culture was almost back and now it's gone - as if "culture" like the culture Dan Hurley said took him years to build was able to be built and demolished in a week. Cox is just flat over his head.

"everything's not going to be just smooth sailing" hmmm yeah it's almost like scheduling an OOC with exclusively Q3/Q4 games didn't prepare your team for "adversity" this year. If only he had scheduled some games against teams with more "junk" defenses.

As for the rest of Morey's write up - his PC takes are a bit much, but whatever they're 20-2 and #11 in the country. I mean they've gotten every lucky break possible this year, but they can only play who they play when they play them. And they're winning.

But his "hard truth" should've maybe been a little more "hard" like - PC has caught a lot of breaks, like Wisconsin without Davis or Nova without Gillespie/Moore or UConn without Sanogo, and they've dodged some difficult games that were cancelled, etc - it will be interesting to see what this team does when they don't get a lucky break - idk something along those lines.

He still reads like a fanboy in the post when he's talking about PC. I never understood why people want Bill Koch to write about URI that way - if we ever get good enough to warrant positive press again.
6 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
Donrxer79
Marc Upshaw

Unread post by Donrxer79 »

I was there for every game during my 5 years at URI. The walls in Keaney would shake it was so loud, I remember Jiggy dunking on a breakaway and I though the place was going to come down. What a great time that was, everybody could not wait for the next game.

w
2 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

gazakaza wrote: 2 years ago

Some quotes:

We are 8-2 against Quad 4, so he didn't get that right. Guess I'm just nitpicking. Sniff the NIT?????? Hell, after tomorrow night I think we will be sitting in 12th place in the A10.
0 x
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

Remember- we were lucky to pull out that win at home vs LaSalle...
1 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Morey's dead on about our Lady Rams:

That means if you’re a Rams fan or just a fan of college basketball in general you’re better off consuming Tammi Reiss’ Lady Rams.

They are 18-3, 10-0 in the league and have won 11 straight. They are squarely on the bubble to reach the Big Dance for the first time since the mid-90’s.

Reiss is trending toward becoming the next Dan Hurley. Both inherited lost programs, brought a toughness and an edge to Kingston to fuel incredible turnarounds.

Reiss’ squad has three home games remaining on Feb. 13, Feb. 16, Feb. 23. They’re worth your time.
3 x
Sweep The Leg
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Sweep The Leg »

steviep123 wrote: 2 years ago

I miss the aluminum bleachers in the endzone. They made noise.
2 x
'No Mercy.'
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Yeah I just read his column on last years game and it just shows how clueless Cox is , glad Morey always calls him out .
Cox has no idea how to deal with the media either , he has to deal with the tough questions
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Donrxer79 wrote: 2 years ago
I was there for every game during my 5 years at URI. The walls in Keaney would shake it was so loud, I remember Jiggy dunking on a breakaway and I though the place was going to come down. What a great time that was, everybody could not wait for the next game.

w
I'll never forget that Jiggy dunk. He's still my all-time favorite Ram. That's when some of the best players from Connecticut weren't going to UConn. They were coming to URI. Great time to be a student and fan and great memories.
2 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Morey ain’t long for these parts. He has nothing to lose and everything to gain by going scorched earth on Cox and full on PC fanboy to ride the wave of coverage, interest and excitement around a Top 15 program. He didn’t really uncover much that wasn’t already revealed in Disano’s piece about the state of affairs.
2 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

But his "hard truth" should've maybe been a little more "hard" like - PC has caught a lot of breaks, like Wisconsin without Davis or Nova without Gillespie/Moore or UConn without Sanogo, and they've dodged some difficult games that were cancelled, etc - it will be interesting to see what this team does when they don't get a lucky break - idk something along those lines.

He still reads like a fanboy in the post when he's talking about PC. I never understood why people want Bill Koch to write about URI that way - if we ever get good enough to warrant positive press again.
PC is fake good. No doubt. They'll get theirs, guaranteed.
0 x
Mobley was fouled.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

8-2 against Q4......12 wins total.

That's 4 wins this season over NON Q4 opponents.

Pathetic.

Imo, 16 wins [which was my prediction in the contest] is in jeopardy.....I don't see us winning 4 more games.

I think I was one of only two people who predicted 16, which was the lowest number of wins.

RI_Bred, Cooley is under big pressure to finally do something in the NCAA tourney...with that team, if they flop their fans will riot.
1 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

rambone 78 wrote: 2 years ago 8-2 against Q4......12 wins total.

That's 4 wins this season over NON Q4 opponents.

Pathetic.

Imo, 16 wins [which was my prediction in the contest] is in jeopardy.....I don't see us winning 4 more games.

I think I was one of only two people who predicted 16, which was the lowest number of wins.

RI_Bred, Cooley is under big pressure to finally do something in the NCAA tourney...with that team, if they flop their fans will riot.
Pretty sure I saw somewhere that PC is the oldest team by average in the country. At least one NBA team is younger by average. That's nuts.
0 x
Mobley was fouled.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

PC is definitely not fake good. They have a legit big, 2 end of shot clock facilitators and bucket getters, a defensive stopper and some really good role players. The stars are aligned if Cooley goes 1 and done it would be a huge failure. At this rate they will have a low seed and get a favorable first round matchup.
4 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

RI_Bred wrote: 2 years ago

PC is fake good. No doubt. They'll get theirs, guaranteed.
I don’t think they’re fake good. They’re good. They’ve been a lot more fun to watch than the slop we get.

I just think it’s a fair question to ask how they’ll do when they’re facing a non-depleted elite team.

They’ll be worthy of a high seed. But definitely could be someone that winds up on an upset list Thurs/Fri.
3 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

So, I assume I don't have to root for PC this year? Since that's the case, I hope they lose their 1st round game by 50.
2 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

bigappleram wrote: 2 years ago PC is definitely not fake good. They have a legit big, 2 end of shot clock facilitators and bucket getters, a defensive stopper and some really good role players. The stars are aligned if Cooley goes 1 and done it would be a huge failure. At this rate they will have a low seed and get a favorable first round matchup.
Agree they are 11th in the country with only losses to Marquette and UVA and quality wins along the way

I would love them 1 and done but they could be looking at a 3 or 4 seed if they keep winning
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

reef wrote: 2 years ago
bigappleram wrote: 2 years ago PC is definitely not fake good. They have a legit big, 2 end of shot clock facilitators and bucket getters, a defensive stopper and some really good role players. The stars are aligned if Cooley goes 1 and done it would be a huge failure. At this rate they will have a low seed and get a favorable first round matchup.
Agree they are 11th in the country with only losses to Marquette and UVA and quality wins along the way

I would love them 1 and done but they could be looking at a 3 or 4 seed if they keep winning
Uva hanging with Duke down to the wire...
Eta...gnarly 3 ball to take the lead
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

4Diffs wrote: 2 years ago
LoveThoseRams wrote: 2 years ago so, I met Tyler Burton's dad after the game at a local restaurant. Asked him why Tyler didn't stay local (he's from Uxbridgde, MA) and consider URI...his response was "Ask David Cox"...BTW, he is the leading scorer in the A10!

So what's that about Cox's recruiting ability??
The above is 100% correct about Cox turning him down. He wanted to come to URI and we turned him down. I knew it at the time, and was perplexed by it. Tyler has always been a plus athlete, now his basketball skills are much better than they were in high school and he has become a very good player. Total recruiting miss.

This team is painful to watch. And this is painful to say because I really think he is such a good guy, but it is time to move in a different direction. And now I am posting in a thread I called ridiculous a month or so ago. But that is where I am now and even if we take a step back in the next year or two, as long as we make a good strong hire, it is what should be done. Where we are now no one is happy with.

Looking back in the recruiting thread URI Offered Burton as Burton himself tweeted out the offer news 3 years ago. Then later Burton himself tweeted out that he had URI in his Final 6. Maybe URI backed off but it’s not like URI didn’t show interest at one time.

Just in: Marianapolis Prep and Mass Rivals’ Tyler Burton announces his final 6 via Twitter this morning. URI, Richmond, Sienna, Quinnipiac, Northeastern, and St. Bonaventure made the cut.

http://keaneyblue.com/viewtopic.php?t=7357
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Really good find Ramster, it’s so fun looking at these ok’d recruiting thread and see how some of these kids panned out

Rhody83 was big on the recruiting thread he still around ??
0 x