2/2 | Fordham | 7:00PM (ESPN+)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Re: 2/2 | Fordham | 7:00PM (ESPN+)

Unread post by PeteRI »

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 years ago
SnooterMagoo wrote: 2 years ago

The season was over long before this game... The most important thing is getting rid of Cox and finding a new coach... It was a nice moment seeing an RI kid hit some 3s and bring us back. That's all. He's one of the few players that I think could stay if we get rid of Cox. I truly don't understand why we have to be so goddamn negative about EVERYTHING.
LOL. "We should dump the coach and all but a few players. Also, why is everyone being so negative?"
Huh?? I didn’t say we should dumb all but a few players… I said I think Thomas would be one of the only players that stay. Cox is close with a lot of these kid. If he goes I expect a lot of our guys to transfer..
I doubt "a lot" will transfer. Every single one of the players on our roster have devoted thousands of hours of their lives to become better players so they can win games. They take pride in what they've accomplished. Given their coach's inability to do the same, why on earth would they leave if he gets canned?
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

PeteRI wrote: 2 years ago

LOL. "We should dump the coach and all but a few players. Also, why is everyone being so negative?"
Huh?? I didn’t say we should dumb all but a few players… I said I think Thomas would be one of the only players that stay. Cox is close with a lot of these kid. If he goes I expect a lot of our guys to transfer..
I doubt "a lot" will transfer. Every single one of the players on our roster have devoted thousands of hours of their lives to become better players so they can win games. They take pride in what they've accomplished. Given their coach's inability to do the same, why on earth would they leave if he gets canned?
I think you are kidding yourself.
The players would probably want a change of scenery. and scope the landscape.

This doesn't necessarily translate into a bad thing.
1 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

I mean, we won 10 games last year, and depending on how this year shakes out, we're probably winning in the 15 to 20 range, with a losing record in conference play. It's not especially compelling support for being worried about keeping anyone on the roster. Our best player is probably Walker, and he's at the point where he's probably looking at pro ball or being a graduate transfer. Sheppard is similarly old, and El-Amin will be done as well.

I don't know if the Mitchells have one or two years left after this year. I realize that they're incredibly frustrating to watch, between the complaining, the technical fouls and the free throw shooting, but it doesn't change that Makhel is a really good player. (And Makhi, well, we'd probably think of him differently if he was just playing 15 to 20 MPG off the bench.) I'd like to see if a different coach would get more out of Makhel, but he's also not a Lamar Odom, program-changing kind of player.

Everyone else on the roster - Berry, Thomas, Leggett with the bad regression, etc. - you can squint and see promise. Our most "promising" players are probably Stephens and Brafford if we land then - just because there is uncertainty about the peak of both, since we haven't seen them against D-1 competition - and Thomas, who might mature into a good starting PG, but I don't think he'll be an All-A10 level player. At this point, I'd just be happy if Berry, Samb and Ayo-Faleye become average players in a rotation. But again, if you're an incoming coach, I don't think you worry about replacing any of them. If URI did move on from Cox, I think the new guy would try to retain as many players as he could, but more because it's going to be tough to recruit 5+ players in an off-season.
4 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

…….they, players, would leave to the alleged instant gratification of going to a team that might win more games, and show case their talents to a different audience……?
……..their heads have probably been polluted with people telling them since their nerf basketball days they are “stars” in the making…….it always amazing to me how many kids came to one particular camp in PA, where in a given week or two part of the camp philosophy was to attempt to mitigate that pollution……
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

PeteRI wrote: 2 years ago

Seriously? Plenty of reasons…
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

With the current environment, we would be contending by no later than year 2 with the "right" coach.

Most of this roster will disappear once Cox leaves....they aren't good enough, bottom line.

If you can't make shots and can't shoot FT's, you can't play at this level. Simple as that.

Defense can be taught....unfortunately learning how to shoot better isn't that easy....especially with this staff's inability to teach it.
0 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago
rhodylaw wrote: 2 years ago If the f’n Mitchells could reasonably shoot free throws we would be 17-3 right now. WTF.
No, we wouldn't.
It would be close to that.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

rhodylaw wrote: 2 years ago
rhodylaw wrote: 2 years ago If the f’n Mitchells could reasonably shoot free throws we would be 17-3 right now. WTF.
No, we wouldn't.
We have two years of bad basketball and you’re saying the only reason is free throws! That’s ridiculous..
3 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

rambone 78 wrote: 2 years ago With the current environment, we would be contending by no later than year 2 with the "right" coach.

Most of this roster will disappear once Cox leaves....they aren't good enough, bottom line.

If you can't make shots and can't shoot FT's, you can't play at this level. Simple as that.

Defense can be taught....unfortunately learning how to shoot better isn't that easy....especially with this staff's inability to teach it.
No later than 2 years, seriously?
First, he will be entering very late in the recruiting period.
Also have no idea who will be available in the portal.
Last season 1800 players were in it, probably be less this year.

It took DH 5 years to make the NCAAT.
The new coach may start with even less players left.
However, it may not quite take that long with the right coach, but I don't expect miracles in just his 2nd season.

Coach K isn't walking thru the door with a bunch of blue-chippers.
2 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Jersey77 wrote: 2 years ago
rambone 78 wrote: 2 years ago With the current environment, we would be contending by no later than year 2 with the "right" coach.

However, it may not quite take that long with the right coach, but I don't expect miracles in just his 2nd season.

I agree. Depending on who stayed and who went, I think a more "natural" progression would be something like sub-10 wins the first year, around .500 the second, and contending for the NIT or NCAAs in the third. Obviously, it took Hurley longer because Baron literally left him with zero quality players, and because Mathews got hurt. Could a new coach get really lucky, or scout especially well, and bring in enough talent to compete in year two? Sure, it's possible, but I think three or four years is far more reasonable.
1 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

No, we wouldn't.
We have two years of bad basketball and you’re saying the only reason is free throws! That’s ridiculous..
No, I am not saying that is the "only" reason. Our inability to hit open shots generally is a problem as well but FTs have been a major issue in many of the losses that should have been wins.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Plus Hurley was fighting with the APR, which meant he had to be more careful with the players he was bringing in academically, at least at first. Hopefully we have that buttoned down and the next coach won't have to deal with that issue
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Yeah, I think we need to stop worrying about the "rebuild" aspect of a potential coaching change. We aren't far off from needing a rebuild already as it is even if Cox is the coach.
8 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

adam914 wrote: 2 years ago Yeah, I think we need to stop worrying about the "rebuild" aspect of a potential coaching change. We aren't far off from needing a rebuild already as it is even if Cox is the coach.
A new coach could retain a few guys and contruct a better roster in one offseason with the transfer portal and be ready to go.
1 x
rjv
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by rjv »

If PC can bring in 5 Grad students with 4 starting being ranked and in 1st place in the BE. With the right Coach why can URI not do the same thing.
The rebuild is to evaluate the players who are transferring, see if they can work in your program, get them to come to URI and then execute.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

SGreenwell wrote: 2 years ago

I agree. Depending on who stayed and who went, I think a more "natural" progression would be something like sub-10 wins the first year, around .500 the second, and contending for the NIT or NCAAs in the third. Obviously, it took Hurley longer because Baron literally left him with zero quality players, and because Mathews got hurt. Could a new coach get really lucky, or scout especially well, and bring in enough talent to compete in year two? Sure, it's possible, but I think three or four years is far more reasonable.
Depending on how many guys are retained we could compete in one year with the transfer portal.

Then teach them to not throw the ball out of bounds and we are good to go.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

I think a good coach can get us competing for the top of the A10 in 3 years. It's totally different from when Dan took over.

Kim English is going to do it why can't our coach?

I just hope Thorr actually pulls the trigger... That's priority one.
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

I think a good coach can get us competing for the top of the A10 in 3 years. It's totally different from when Dan took over.

Maybe 3-4 years.

English has done a great job, but the team is still not close to being near the bubble.
Schwatrz one of their top scorers, is done after this season.
Cooper may not come back for his 6th year.

When English came in Oduro was still there, that probably won't be the case for us.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Maybe 3-4 years.

English has done a great job, but the team is still not close to being near the bubble.

When English came in Oduro was still there, that probably won't be the case for us.
But you can tell that the program is headed in the right direction. There is excitement and a buzz around that program.. He will bring in more talent, but more importantly, his team looks better and better this year. I mean, Cox brought in a bunch of transfers that I think could be a solid team under the right coaching...If we had a coach who made the twins play smarter or made the right decisions with our rotation, this team could have more wins in clutch moments. Coaching is so crucial at this level. Having some momentum again with a new coach would undoubtedly make me happy. Trending downward year and year is making all of us miserable.
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Maybe 3-4 years.

But you can tell that the program is headed in the right direction. There is excitement and a buzz around that program.. He will bring in more talent, but more importantly, his team looks better and better this year. I mean, Cox brought in a bunch of transfers that I think could be a solid team under the right coaching...If we had a coach who made the twins play smarter or made the right decisions with our rotation, this team could have more wins in clutch moments. Coaching is so crucial at this level. Having some momentum again with a new coach would undoubtedly make me happy. Trending downward year and year is making all of us miserable.
No doubt Stevey, I think English is an outstanding young coach.
They are headed in the right direction and there is a lot of excitement currently in that program.

Based on the way our team is performing, they would kick our ass right now.
If our game wasn't postponed with them, that would have been another conference loss for us.

I only hope that English stays at GM for a while, he is good for the A10.
2 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Sweep The Leg wrote: 2 years ago
RhodyKyle wrote: 2 years ago The term "junk defense" just irks me. It's like when people said Jamie Moyer was a junk ball pitcher at the end of his career. No - he just played to his strengths (painting corners with movement) and being effective. Fordham didn't throw junk defenses out there; Cox and his rotations/sub patterns are so robotic that Neptune was able to predict what was coming and was able to effective scheme against it. Cox was out-coached but won't admit it. Even Belichick admits when the Pats get out-coached.
It's a disparaging comment about the opposing coach who throughly outcoached you and beat your team with much less talent. Not a good look.
Completely agree. It just says the other coach is more innovative, more resourceful, more flexible, and understands basketball better than you.
6 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

section(105) wrote: 2 years ago …….gotta ask, he refers to “junk” defenses……is here referring to box and 1, diamond and 1, triangle and 2……if so, at this level, recognize and adjust offense…….no?
There are only two kinds of defense. Man to man and 2-1-2 zone. Everything else is a junk defense.
0 x
Rhodysk
ARD

Unread post by Rhodysk »

Just wondering with so many people on this board wanting Fordham to be kicked out of the A-10 does that mean now Rhode Island needs to be kicked out for losing to them?

I said before when all the conference shuffling is done Rhode Island may need schools like Fordham to be in a conference with them. People laughed said “ yea we need Fordham “
But tell me what has URI down to up there program? Just because Fordham plays in a small gym? Looked like more people there last night than games at the Ryan Center.

URI, Thor , fans, all need to take a good look at themselves and see what we really are?
0 x
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

Shinze88 wrote: 2 years ago Not sure what anyone is expecting DC to say at this point. Of course he's going to give the typical coach speak and praise the opponent and mention we need to get better, its all he can really say. When I look at this video of his game comments, I see a coach who's lost control of his program, his players have tuned him out and he just sounds like he knows he's coaching his last few games. We rolled the dice on Cox and it obviously has not worked out, my only concern is how much turnover we'll see and how our next coach can fill in the gaps. We've basically become UMass, irrelevant on the national scene, its time to move on.
I don't expect him to say anything except the nonsense he has been spewing.. I wish he would say I QUIT!!!!!!!!
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Rhodysk wrote: 2 years ago Just wondering with so many people on this board wanting Fordham to be kicked out of the A-10 does that mean now Rhode Island needs to be kicked out for losing to them?

I said before when all the conference shuffling is done Rhode Island may need schools like Fordham to be in a conference with them. People laughed said “ yea we need Fordham “
But tell me what has URI down to up there program? Just because Fordham plays in a small gym? Looked like more people there last night than games at the Ryan Center.

URI, Thor , fans, all need to take a good look at themselves and see what we really are?
This is still silly. Fordham doesn't bring anything to the table has never brought anything to the table, and results from one game doesn't change that
4 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Rhodysk wrote: 2 years ago Just wondering with so many people on this board wanting Fordham to be kicked out of the A-10 does that mean now Rhode Island needs to be kicked out for losing to them?

Currently we have no room to talk.

Neptune was a good hire for them.

Imagine if they still had Daye and he didn't leave for personal reasons to transfer close to home.
Quisenberry, Ohams, and Daye would have probably been the 3 best players on the court last night.
That team would have also surprised some people in the A10 this season.
Last edited by Jersey77 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

Shinze88 wrote: 2 years ago Not sure what anyone is expecting DC to say at this point. Of course he's going to give the typical coach speak and praise the opponent and mention we need to get better, its all he can really say. When I look at this video of his game comments, I see a coach who's lost control of his program, his players have tuned him out and he just sounds like he knows he's coaching his last few games. We rolled the dice on Cox and it obviously has not worked out, my only concern is how much turnover we'll see and how our next coach can fill in the gaps. We've basically become UMass, irrelevant on the national scene, its time to move on.
If you lose to Fordham, there's nothing you can say. If he says Fordham is good fans will be pissed. If he says Fordham is bad fans will be pissed. The product on the court drives the reaction to the press conferences. No one was gonna listen to Cox's comments last night and nod their head and be like "Ohh yeah, that makes sense." Conversely, if Rhody somehow beat Gonzaga by 40, the coach's entire presser could be him making fart noises for 20 minutes and I'd be like, "THAT'S MY COACH, BABY!"
2 x
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Unread post by PlayMikeMotenMore »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago
section(105) wrote: 2 years ago …….gotta ask, he refers to “junk” defenses……is here referring to box and 1, diamond and 1, triangle and 2……if so, at this level, recognize and adjust offense…….no?
There are only two kinds of defense. Man to man and 2-1-2 zone. Everything else is a junk defense.
?????? In the CYO league?
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Imagine if they still had Daye and he didn't leave for personal reasons to transfer close to home.
Quisenberry, Ohams, and Daye would have probably been the 3 best players on the court last night.
We actually have two years and four games of NCAA credits currently being paid to the A10 worth of room to talk. We've gone to 7 NCAA's and have 15 games in the tournament that have benefitted this conference. Now do Fordham for those numbers. Even our mediocre to not very good years are better than Fordham's best years. Only at our worst are we what an average Fordham team is.

With fans like this that refuse to have any knowledge about our history who needs rivals
5 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Fordham hasn't finished above .500 since 2015-16. If they manage to hang on to a .500+ record this year, it'll mean four (4) times in 27 years of A-10 membership. That's just their overall record, by the way. They've only been .500 or better in A-10 play three times, in 2005, 2006 and 2007. They've never made an NCAA tournament OR an NIT in their 27 years. I really hope Neptune is the answer - Early returns are promising. But Fordham is such a staggering, losing outlier for the Atlantic 10 that it's hard to find comparisons for them. You can find more breakdowns on Sports Reference, but Fordham is .100 percentage points worse than the next closest team (Duquesne),
5 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 years ago

We actually have two years and four games of NCAA credits currently being paid to the A10 worth of room to talk. We've gone to 7 NCAA's and have 15 games in the tournament that have benefitted this conference. Now do Fordham for those numbers. Even our mediocre to not very good years are better than Fordham's best years. Only at our worst are we what an average Fordham team is.

With fans like this that refuse to have any knowledge about our history who needs rivals
Of course, we understand our basketball history resume as compared to Fordham's.
I think the Neptune hire was good for them, and our current situation is nothing to brag about.

I just choose not to consistently beleaguer the discussion of Fordham being ousted from the A10.
That will not happen, so I refuse to dwell on it.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

People defending Fordham is the DUMBEST shit people do on this board.

Like what is wrong with you?

"Hey when we suck we suck as bad as they do so who are we to judge them?"

What are you all talking about???

What exactly are you advocating for? Fordham equals bad win bad loss every year. They've always dragged down our RPI, NET, KenPom everything.

They never accomplish anything and never will. Sure Neptune's team looked like they were actually coached, but they're on their way to another losing season and guys will transfer as usual.

He'll coach them up. A good A-10 team will come into Rose Hill. Overlook them. Fordham always has guards that can shoot it. At least one of them is always a year away from transferring to a better school and that guy will hit a bunch of clutch threes and give them a devastating quad 4 loss and they miss the tournament because of it.

Yeah go Fordham! Youre so productive at robbing our league of its money and prestige!
4 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

PeterRamTime wrote: 2 years ago People defending Fordham is the DUMBEST shit people do on this board.

Like what is wrong with you?

"Hey when we suck we suck as bad as they do so who are we to judge them?"

What are you all talking about???

What exactly are you advocating for? Fordham equals bad win bad loss every year. They've always dragged down our RPI, NET, KenPom everything.

They never accomplish anything and never will. Sure Neptune's team looked like they were actually coached, but they're on their way to another losing season and guys will transfer as usual.

He'll coach them up. A good A-10 team will come into Rose Hill. Overlook them. Fordham always has guards that can shoot it. At least one of them is always a year away from transferring to a better school and that guy will hit a bunch of clutch threes and give them a devastating quad 4 loss and they miss the tournament because of it.

Yeah go Fordham! Youre so productive at robbing our league of its money and prestige!
Not necessarily defending them. but as long as they aren't going anywhere, I wish them success.

I am much more concerned about us winning the games on our schedule, than worried about which teams are in or shouldn't be in the conference.
Last edited by Jersey77 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
gorhody89
ARD

Unread post by gorhody89 »

One of the most frustrating things about Fordham and their struggles in the A10 is that they have all the money needed to build a successful program if they wanted to invest in it properly….Fordham’s endowment is around a BILLION compared to ours being somewhere under 200M…
3 x
Clapton is God
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago
………don’t think Coach Jim Boheim would agree……..
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 years ago

Glad you responded. I couldn't do it. That was a bad faith argument.
0 x
Rhodysk
ARD

Unread post by Rhodysk »

Yes I know the history. For years every dam time URI goes to play at Fordham it’s a dam dog fight. Maybe URI brings the best out of them. But the fordhams of the A-10 being better only helps the conference.
Yes URI has NCAA credits but doesn’t every team get a small piece of that pie?
So, has URI being living off the Daytons,VCU,Davidson, etc that make the tournament more often?

Sorry those tournament wins was a long time ago, and without a decent coach it could be a couple more years longer.

When you have tournament wins you build off it and keep the program going up.

What has URI done with that extra NCAA money?
0 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

I was all in on give cox some time. He’s a great guy. Now I check in here every few days to see if he is fired.
6 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Rhodysk wrote: 2 years ago Yes I know the history. For years every dam time URI goes to play at Fordham it’s a dam dog fight. Maybe URI brings the best out of them. But the fordhams of the A-10 being better only helps the conference.
So, has URI being living off the Daytons,VCU,Davidson, etc that make the tournament more often?

Sorry those tournament wins was a long time ago, and without a decent coach it could be a couple more years longer.

Those tournament wins by Rhody are 2 of the last 3 tournament wins for the entire league. So they aren’t that long ago and any comparison to Fordham is either ignorance or made up nonsense. The league getting stronger lifts everyone, including Rhody, and is why any logical fan of Rhody and the A10 would like to see them go to the Patriot League.
6 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

And fwiw Fordham didn’t play a junk defense. They just sagged heavily on our low percentage shooters to protect the paint and dared them to shoot. Malik was bad, Sebastian hit some. Creighton deployed the exact same philosophy the night before against UConn and dared Whaley and others to shoot. That strategy worked well both nights.
3 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

………who’s up next……? Oh right UMess…….we handled them in Amherst……..so then I am expecting a tight game with the usual stretches of no scoring…….I gave my tickets to a UMess fan…….Only taker I could find……go Rhody
2 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Rhodysk wrote: 2 years ago Yes I know the history. For years every dam time URI goes to play at Fordham it’s a dam dog fight. Maybe URI brings the best out of them. But the fordhams of the A-10 being better only helps the conference.

Yeah sure it would be fabulous if Fordham was magically good for the first time ever.

Imagine how many more tournament berths there would be including better seeding in the tournament if it weren't for the Fordhams, Duquesne's and La Salle's of the league? Oh and imagine the bigger pieces of the pie we would get from all those NCAA credits if we didn't have to split it with the schools that either refuse or can't invest in basketball.

Imagine how Xavier and Temple felt about giving all that tournament money to stupid Fordham over the years!

Fordham also never scheduled anyone good in the non conference! The best teams they ever play are Rutgers and St John's.

I dont even think they've ever played in a preseason tournament...
2 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

105, I can see us losing to UMass...they couldn't make a shot against us before, but watch out this time.

Remember, Cox has caught the Baron Syndrome...that is the 2nd time he played a league opponent, they usually lost.

Cox at times in the past has made good adjustments....but lately he seems totally lost.

And does it matter if we're at home? We've been worse at home lately too.
1 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

bigappleram wrote: 2 years ago And fwiw Fordham didn’t play a junk defense. They just sagged heavily on our low percentage shooters to protect the paint and dared them to shoot. Malik was bad, Sebastian hit some. Creighton deployed the exact same philosophy the night before against UConn and dared Whaley and others to shoot. That strategy worked well both nights.
I feel like this has been an issue for many years - even when we bring in guys who are supposed to be good shooters they wind up sucking. It wouldn’t surprise me if Shep went on an end of the year run when there is nothing left to play for (ie now).
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

But but but......the A10 tourney!

Our redemption!

I think I gotta lay off the sauce too.........
0 x
RhodeIslandRams
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by RhodeIslandRams »

No, we wouldn't.
Free throws are more than the points though. How many rallies were killed, momentum dampened by poor FT shooting. BUT the biggest reason is that it allows opponents to "hack-a-Shaq" our bigs with no consequences.
1 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Chris D throwing out the Thomas, Sheppard, El Amin back court as a combo that should be used. Wholeheartedly agree. Add Walker and Makhel and you surround a defensive minded Center and a pass first PG with your 3 best outside shooters. That’s setting up Thomas for success vs putting him out there with Malik, both twins and Ish none of who u need to guard past 10-15 feet. It’s not that hard ! We literally have nothing to lose by making that our starting lineup next game. I don’t get the idea of trotting out the same lineup when clearly something isn’t working.
4 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

…….agree, but that is what he will do……trot out the same starting lineup and expecting different results……
2 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

We're beating a very dead horse at this point.

Can't wait until this season ends and we get some good news for once.
3 x