1/22 | George Washington | 12:30PM (USA)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Re: 1/22 | George Washington | 12:30PM (USA)

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Puck Frovidence wrote: 2 years ago Does anyone have a link to video or audio of the postgame presser yesterday? I turned off as soon as the game was over but if he really said "Game day is an opportunity to compete, have fun and maybe pull out a win" I'm going to have to watch.
I would be curious also, I have heard parts of the post game and other quotes, but not that.

That would be an odd comment to make, have never heard a HC say that before.
0 x
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

Jersey77 wrote: 2 years ago
Puck Frovidence wrote: 2 years ago Does anyone have a link to video or audio of the postgame presser yesterday? I turned off as soon as the game was over but if he really said "Game day is an opportunity to compete, have fun and maybe pull out a win" I'm going to have to watch.
I would be curious also, I have heard parts of the post game and other quotes, but not that.

I believe my 10 year olds basketball coach said something like this to her team yesterday.
Got tacos after the game. They were 🔥
3 x
Puck Frovidence
ARD

Unread post by Puck Frovidence »

Rhodyram wrote: 2 years ago

I believe my 10 year olds basketball coach said something like this to her team yesterday.

Right, if true this is an extraordinarily unacceptable line from the highest paid state employee in Rhode Island.
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Rhodyram wrote: 2 years ago

Got tacos after the game. They were 🔥
:D Good one
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

PeterRamTime wrote: 2 years ago
bigappleram wrote: 2 years ago I don’t think it’s bad attitudes. Lack of discipline and immaturity yes. Two things that a coach can counter.

Here’s the thing they have tons of potential and you take them every day if you can get them. Their FT form and technique is not bad. It’s 110% about focus, mental toughness and confidence. Also things a coach can counter.

Makhel IMO has been better than advertised. He’s prob the 3rd or 4th best C in the league as a sophomore. Yes he can improve and still has flaws but he has cut down on TOs gotten better at staying on his feet and out of foul trouble and has shown noticeable development IMO as a player. I don’t think the same is true for Makhi unfortunately. And I also 1,000,000% never thought playing them together for long stretches at this point would yield positive results. But here we are.
What centers are better than Makhel in the A-10?
The backup that played for GW was better yesterday?
1 x
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRams916 »

RI_Bred wrote: 2 years ago
RhodyRams916 wrote: 2 years ago
bigappleram wrote: 2 years ago Chance is a regional McDonalds AA nominee. That’s not a McD AA slow your roll there but I do appreciate the optimism. Makhel has improved over his 2 years but I don’t think Makhi has.
What happened to Makhi being the supposedly "better twin"? LOL.
Ceiling was reached before he got here.
Now I understand why Maryland didn't want them anymore. Their attitudes suck.
1 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

section(105) wrote: 2 years ago …….if Cox is still here next year, close off the 300 sections, keep what’s left of the season ticket holders in the 100 section and center court 200 sections……..wouldn’t look so bad on TV…….students who care the end zone 100/s………ouch…….

Students start back tomorrow. I sincerely wonder what their enthusiasm will be for the rest of the season? If there’s an incentive to show up I’m sure they’ll peace out before halftime.
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

I heard it in my truck on the postgame as I was driving home after that 💩 show. I was so shocked and pissed I almost hit a tree.
5 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

There's so little interest in our program right now that they probably don't even bother recording it. I miss the Hurley days when you could see video of the postgame show from projo on YouTube.
3 x
RhodeIslandRams
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by RhodeIslandRams »

I don't know enough to judge a coach.

But as a fan, What started me thinking was when Cox, after a win where Fatts went against coaches orders, was like "well he does his thing" or something like that. Not acceptable.

But this year watching the twins bring the ball up, and continuously put the ball on the floor and turn it over I couldn't believe Cox let that happen for several games. Is he afraid that good players will transfer? Is he afraid mom will take them elsewhere?

Yes it's hard to not become friends of the players. We've all been there in the workplace. But he's losing the respect he needs, maybe even with the other players.
6 x
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRams916 »

Taylor Swift wrote: 2 years ago
section(105) wrote: 2 years ago …….if Cox is still here next year, close off the 300 sections, keep what’s left of the season ticket holders in the 100 section and center court 200 sections……..wouldn’t look so bad on TV…….students who care the end zone 100/s………ouch…….

Students start back tomorrow. I sincerely wonder what their enthusiasm will be for the rest of the season? If there’s an incentive to show up I’m sure they’ll peace out before halftime.
The team has absolutely blown it with the La Salle and GW performances. The students were GREAT for the BU, Bryant and BC games. I don't think we'll see crowds like that again.
1 x
Maine66
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Maine66 »

I did a 7 hour round trip Saturday from the greater Portland area with my daughter and grand daughter and was a guest in the President's suite. I did get to show my grand daughter who is a high school junior part of the campus. We also hit the bookstore for a Rhody ski hat. We had a great time in the suite and enjoyed getting to spend some time chatting with the new president and his wife. The food was good and also got to chat with some of the administration.

Obviously, the game left a lot to be desired. Felt bad for the new president as the foul shots continued to clank off the rim.

Anyway, it was good to get down to the campus and escape for a while Saturday morning's below zero weather.
6 x
NC_Ram
Steve Chubin

Unread post by NC_Ram »

PeteRI wrote: 2 years ago There's so little interest in our program right now that they probably don't even bother recording it. I miss the Hurley days when you could see video of the postgame show from projo on YouTube.
It's amazing how far this program has fallen under Cox. From back to back tourney game winner to the depths of A10 irrelevance. Yet, we keep kicking the can down the road as if something is going to change. Cox is a nice man who is in way over his head.
4 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

NC_Ram wrote: 2 years ago
PeteRI wrote: 2 years ago There's so little interest in our program right now that they probably don't even bother recording it. I miss the Hurley days when you could see video of the postgame show from projo on YouTube.
It's amazing how far this program has fallen under Cox. From back to back tourney game winner to the depths of A10 irrelevance. Yet, we keep kicking the can down the road as if something is going to change. Cox is a nice man who is in way over his head.
Thing is, is he really still a nice guy?

Seems absolutely miserable on the sideline, very disinterested.

Postgame comments are always bland and boring, no substance.
4 x
Go Rhody
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

free tickets, beer at my seat and school pride. what more does an undergrad need?
2 x
:lol:
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

KeaneyBluBallz wrote: 2 years ago

free tickets, beer at my seat and school pride. what more does an undergrad need?
Some wins? Or at the very least, not playing like garbage.
2 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

Maine66 wrote: 2 years ago I did a 7 hour round trip Saturday from the greater Portland area with my daughter and grand daughter and was a guest in the President's suite. I did get to show my grand daughter who is a high school junior part of the campus. We also hit the bookstore for a Rhody ski hat. We had a great time in the suite and enjoyed getting to spend some time chatting with the new president and his wife. The food was good and also got to chat with some of the administration.

Obviously, the game left a lot to be desired. Felt bad for the new president as the foul shots continued to clank off the rim.

Anyway, it was good to get down to the campus and escape for a while Saturday morning's below zero weather.

Ahh that sounds like such a nice Saturday for the three of you. It's so nice to hear this, seriously. Aside from the outcome of the game it will at least be a nice memory of family time. :)
3 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Hopefully people are conveying their unhappiness with the program to the new prez........letting him know what we had a few years ago, compared to now.
1 x