Week #11- Games of Interest

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Re: Week #11- Games of Interest

Unread post by UCH21377 »

Anybody should be allowed to mention any game they want on this thread. I’ve never understood the complaining about what gets posted on a particular thread. If your time is that valuable then don’t read the thread
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

PlayMikeMotenMore wrote: 2 years ago
Obadiah wrote: 2 years ago Monmouth is not a crappy team as road wins at Cincinnati, Pitt, and Yale show. I listed Iona because of the local interest with their controversial, but top flight coach, Ric Pitino and the job he is doing in his comeback. Also, I have a good friend who is among top Iona boosters and provides me the inside information that Pitino regularly provides to Iona's boosters. This is in direct contrast to what we get from David Cox which is crickets. I do not follow Monmouth but they have made at bad start in the MAAC losing two road games so now they are not among the MAAC leaders, St. Peter's and Marist are in that category. So I stand corrected on that point. Yes, I listed Iona because of a bias, but then isn't that what this forum is open to. But thanks, PMMM, for your comments anyway.
Yes, Monmouth has beaten lousy 7-10 Pitt (who also lost to the Citadel and UMBC) and 8-8 Yale. Cincy is a legit good team, credit to Monmouth for that upset win. But they've lost 3 in a row, including a 36-point pounding to perennial power Marist. (Did Rik Smits play in that game?) So to me, that makes them crappy at the moment. Maybe they go on a roll and win every remaining game. Then, they will no longer be crappy.

So you know a booster at Iona? Great. The Gaels have no bearing on URI's season. I would suggest that you share your Iona inside info on the Iona board and or even the PC board. Or better yet, the tales of Slick Rick can be shared on "where to find hookers and then deny it" or "how to cheat on your wife with a psycho at an Italian restaurant" posting boards.
I hate to break it to you, but Florida Gulf Coast or Bryant and the rest of the low end teams we played in non conference play also have no bearing on URI. Iona has much more interest on their outcomes to me than a bunch of garbage non conference games of teams we played that have no effect on URI making the NCAA tournament. I’m pretty certain the outcome of the BU game tonight isn’t going to make our NET ranking move up or put URI on the bubble.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

ramster wrote: 2 years ago Marquette @ #11 Villanova 8pm CBSSN could be a good one even though Villanova is -14 but seems like a lot of points.
Consider Marquette has won 4 straight:
Beat #16 PC by 32
Won @ Georgetown by 28
Beat Depaul by 11
Beat #20 Seton Hall by 1

In those 4 games Tyler Kopek has had 9, 7, 10, and 7 assists respectively. So looking forward to see how Kolek performs passing against Villanova. This is a game Marquette could outright win

Also interested in #12 Kentucky at Texas A&M 8:30pm SECN. Kentucky -7. Interesting to see how Kentucky does considering a huge matchup Saturday @ #2 Auburn
Marquette beats Villanova 57-54, Kolek with 6 assists but didn't shoot well.
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Unread post by PlayMikeMotenMore »

RamStock wrote: 2 years ago
Obadiah wrote: 2 years ago Monmouth is not a crappy team as road wins at Cincinnati, Pitt, and Yale show. I listed Iona because of the local interest with their controversial, but top flight coach, Ric Pitino and the job he is doing in his comeback. Also, I have a good friend who is among top Iona boosters and provides me the inside information that Pitino regularly provides to Iona's boosters. This is in direct contrast to what we get from David Cox which is crickets. I do not follow Monmouth but they have made at bad start in the MAAC losing two road games so now they are not among the MAAC leaders, St. Peter's and Marist are in that category. So I stand corrected on that point. Yes, I listed Iona because of a bias, but then isn't that what this forum is open to. But thanks, PMMM, for your comments anyway.
Yes, Monmouth has beaten lousy 7-10 Pitt (who also lost to the Citadel and UMBC) and 8-8 Yale. Cincy is a legit good team, credit to Monmouth for that upset win. But they've lost 3 in a row, including a 36-point pounding to perennial power Marist. (Did Rik Smits play in that game?) So to me, that makes them crappy at the moment. Maybe they go on a roll and win every remaining game. Then, they will no longer be crappy.

So you know a booster at Iona? Great. The Gaels have no bearing on URI's season. I would suggest that you share your Iona inside info on the Iona board and or even the PC board. Or better yet, the tales of Slick Rick can be shared on "where to find hookers and then deny it" or "how to cheat on your wife with a psycho at an Italian restaurant" posting boards.
I hate to break it to you, but Florida Gulf Coast or Bryant and the rest of the low end teams we played in non conference play also have no bearing on URI. Iona has much more interest on their outcomes to me than a bunch of garbage non conference games of teams we played that have no effect on URI making the NCAA tournament. I’m pretty certain the outcome of the BU game tonight isn’t going to make our NET ranking move up or put URI on the bubble.
Thanks for the newsflash. Here's a newsflash for you...if URI were actually significantly good this year, then how FGCU and Bryant were doing would matter to you and others. But the fact of the matter is NONE of URI's non-conference opponents have any bearing on URI's post-season chances. So by your argument, Obadiah's thread should disappear completely this year because nothing really impacts URI...and URI has no impact on college basketball this year. (i.e. they're not getting votes for polls, no comparing resumes for seeding, etc.)

In a good URI year, yes. This year, no.

So why are we even arguing about this?
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Obadiah wrote: 2 years ago

Talk about a snarky and low class comment. Not to mention the snide ethnic slur against Italians.
Snide ethnic slur against Italians??? Wow, even my woke self didn't see that one coming. I can't rhyme Slick with Rick? I'll check with my Italian friends on that one and get back to you.

Hmmm...when I was living in Michigan and Nick Saban was coaching Michigan State, he was known as "Nick the (blank)". I guess that was an ethnic slur against those born in West Virginia.

Snarky and low class comment? Hey, if the shoe fits Rick then he's gotta wear it. I'm not saying anything that isn't public knowledge about him. And I've commented about the slickness and deceit of one James Harrick as well.
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago Jesus who pissed in your cereal this morning?

(Both of you)
I pissed in my own Froot Loops. Tomorrow, I'll dump on my Corn Flakes.
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

UCH21377 wrote: 2 years ago Anybody should be allowed to mention any game they want on this thread. I’ve never understood the complaining about what gets posted on a particular thread. If your time is that valuable then don’t read the thread
Fine, here we go:
Rutgers 48-46 over Iowa...zzzzzzzzz......zzzzzzzz. Made URI tonight look like 1990 Loyola-Marymount.

The Scarlet Knights with big games from Phil Sellers and Eric Riggins. Roy Hinson a shot-blocking force for Coach Craig Littlepage.
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

RamStock wrote: 2 years ago

Thanks for the newsflash. Here's a newsflash for you...if URI were actually significantly good this year, then how FGCU and Bryant were doing would matter to you and others. But the fact of the matter is NONE of URI's non-conference opponents have any bearing on URI's post-season chances. So by your argument, Obadiah's thread should disappear completely this year because nothing really impacts URI...and URI has no impact on college basketball this year. (i.e. they're not getting votes for polls, no comparing resumes for seeding, etc.)

In a good URI year, yes. This year, no.

So why are we even arguing about this?
I appreciate your newsflash! Yes none of these games have any impact on URI’s season. The point is stop worrying about something that someone brings up on a team that isn’t on URI’s schedule like Iona that obviously has more interest than crappy teams that URI has played this season. We get it that you don’t like Pitino. I appreciate that Obadiah takes the time to puts together the thread, but am pretty sure that we can handle news on actual relevant teams in college basketball.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Jersey77 wrote: 2 years ago
ramster wrote: 2 years ago Marquette @ #11 Villanova 8pm CBSSN could be a good one even though Villanova is -14 but seems like a lot of points.
Consider Marquette has won 4 straight:
Beat #16 PC by 32
Won @ Georgetown by 28
Beat Depaul by 11
Beat #20 Seton Hall by 1

In those 4 games Tyler Kopek has had 9, 7, 10, and 7 assists respectively. So looking forward to see how Kolek performs passing against Villanova. This is a game Marquette could outright win

Also interested in #12 Kentucky at Texas A&M 8:30pm SECN. Kentucky -7. Interesting to see how Kentucky does considering a huge matchup Saturday @ #2 Auburn
Marquette beats Villanova 57-54, Kolek with 6 assists but didn't shoot well.
Kolek passes the ball so well, even if he only had 6 assists, he is an enabler of the ball moving in the offensive flow for Marquette without touching the floor much. I had a hunch Marquette could win this one. Marquette jumps from 39 to 34 NET, Nova drops from 3 to 6

Kentucky at Texas A&M was a solid win for Kentucky. Kentucky stays at NET 10, Texas A&M drops from from 51 to 56.
Jacob Toppin 23 min, 3-6 FG, 3-4 FT for 9 points, 6 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal. 1 block, 0 turnovers. Toppin's offensive rebound off a Tshiebwe miss with 1:25 left was huge as he got fouled on the put back.
Toppin and Davion Mintz (30 minutes) were in during the crunch time. Toppin is pushing for more minutes, Calipari may end up starting Toppin for Keion Brooks before long.
#12 Kentucky 15-3 (5-1) at #2 Auburn 17-1 (6-0) 1pm Saturday CBS is about the same time 12:30pm as the GW @ URI Game
Last edited by ramster 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Calipari made sure to mention Toppin in his post game interview to, mentioning what a key part of the game he was with some other guys struggling. Have to give the kid a ton of credit, he took a chance heading there and has really made the most of it. I'm happy for him.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

New hairstyle for Toppin too
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

ramster wrote: 2 years ago New hairstyle for Toppin too
Ha yeah, caught me off guard when watching at first. Seems like at least half the team went with the same look. :lol:
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Toppin is averaging about 6 points and 3.5 rebs per game. If his goal was to go to UK and be a role player, then good for him.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

PlayMikeMotenMore wrote: 2 years ago Toppin is averaging about 6 points and 3.5 rebs per game. If his goal was to go to UK and be a role player, then good for him.
Ya having a role on a top 15 team must suck...
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

PlayMikeMotenMore wrote: 2 years ago Toppin is averaging about 6 points and 3.5 rebs per game. If his goal was to go to UK and be a role player, then good for him.
Stay bitter man, it just continues to make you look worse (which is tough at this point!)
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 years ago
Ya having a role on a top 15 team must suck...
Exactly. Top 15 team, playing just about every game on national TV in front of big crowds, matching up with some of the best teams/players in the country, coached by one of the best coaches in the country and all the future professional connections that come with that, guaranteed to go to the tournament with a decent chance at making a run at least into the second weekend. He must be devastated! :lol:
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

I'm kind of with PMMM, in that at the time, I believe it was mentioned that he was transferring to Kentucky because it was thought he had a greater chance at an NBA career. Which, you know, was kind of odd, because his brother was at another A-10 school and a consensus lottery pick, and because it isn't like Calipari has some sterling reputation for developing players over a four-year span. I don't think his pro potential has changed - If he gets a look in the G-League, it's probably because Obi Toppin is his brother, and not because he's playing 17 MPG for Kentucky.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

SGreenwell wrote: 2 years ago I'm kind of with PMMM, in that at the time, I believe it was mentioned that he was transferring to Kentucky because it was thought he had a greater chance at an NBA career. Which, you know, was kind of odd, because his brother was at another A-10 school and a consensus lottery pick, and because it isn't like Calipari has some sterling reputation for developing players over a four-year span. I don't think his pro potential has changed - If he gets a look in the G-League, it's probably because Obi Toppin is his brother, and not because he's playing 17 MPG for Kentucky.
People have said he wouldn’t even get off the bench there.

He’s started, and has a significant role.

He’s proved everyone on this board wrong.
Go Rhody
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

SGreenwell wrote: 2 years ago I'm kind of with PMMM, in that at the time, I believe it was mentioned that he was transferring to Kentucky because it was thought he had a greater chance at an NBA career. Which, you know, was kind of odd, because his brother was at another A-10 school and a consensus lottery pick, and because it isn't like Calipari has some sterling reputation for developing players over a four-year span. I don't think his pro potential has changed - If he gets a look in the G-League, it's probably because Obi Toppin is his brother, and not because he's playing 17 MPG for Kentucky.
I know the NBA reason was mentioned on here quite a bit at the time, but I wasn't able to find any instance of Jacob stating that as a reason to transfer. Maybe its out there and I just didn't search long enough. I did find a short interview where he was asked about it and he only mentions playing against better competition every day in practice to help make him better.

https://www.kentucky.com/sports/college ... 40342.html
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago
People have said he wouldn’t even get off the bench there.

He’s started, and has a significant role.

He’s proved everyone on this board wrong.
There is a 20 page thread on Toppin leaving. He did not prove everyone on this board wrong.

http://keaneyblue.com/viewtopic.php?t=8491&start=950
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

adam914 wrote: 2 years ago
Stay bitter man, it just continues to make you look worse (which is tough at this point!)
Those are averages. Toppin had a hurt shoulder this summer and it has impacted his playing time this season as well. Calipari knows that. Kentucky fans love Toppin and they did last year too. Likely will be starting this year and for sure is a key guy in the 7 man rotation of a Top 10 team. Was supposed to sit out last year, got the Covid exemption and this just his 2nd year at Kentucky.
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

What are you talking about? Bitter? Read what I posted. This is good for him. I'm assuming his goal wasn't to go to UK to be a star or full-time starter. So this is exactly what he wanted when he left URI. Some people prefer to be a small fish in a big pond...and clearly that's what Jacob wanted. I'll repeat...good for him.

Your post made you look bad because you either 1) clearly didn't read mine or 2) didn't understand it.
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

What are you talking about? Bitter? Read what I posted. This is good for him. I'm assuming his goal wasn't to go to UK to be a star or full-time starter. So this is exactly what he wanted when he left URI. Some people prefer to be a small fish in a big pond...and clearly that's what Jacob wanted. I'll repeat...good for him.

Your post made you look bad because you either 1) clearly didn't read mine or 2) didn't understand it.
LOL, ok pal. Its pretty clear you were trying to take a shot at the kid.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

I read this post as Toppin is averaging a so-so 6 points and 3.5 rebounds per game. If he went to Kentucky to average so-so numbers like those and his goal in Basketball is to just be a role player then he should be happy.

Sounds like negativity towards Toppin for the decision he made. It doesn’t address that he had an injury this summer that has limited him some this fall, or that Calipari has had good things to say about him last season and this, that Jacob has upside potential to get into the starting line-up and how Kentucky might be his best shot to get to playing professionally.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

One game on tap in the A-10 Thursday:

Saint Louis at UMASS, 7 PM, ESPN+

Games involving URI Opponents:

Georgetown @ PC 5pm FS1

Appalachian State @ Georgia State 7pm ESPN+

College of Charleston @ Towson 7pm

Oakland @ Milwaukee 8pm ESPN+

Tulsa @ Cincinnati 9pm ESPNU

4 games postponed, 1 cancelled
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

UCH21377 wrote: 2 years ago Anybody should be allowed to mention any game they want on this thread. I’ve never understood the complaining about what gets posted on a particular thread. If your time is that valuable then don’t read the thread
Fine, here we go:
Rutgers 48-46 over Iowa...zzzzzzzzz......zzzzzzzz. Made URI tonight look like 1990 Loyola-Marymount.

The Scarlet Knights with big games from Phil Sellers and Eric Riggins. Roy Hinson a shot-blocking force for Coach Craig Littlepage.
Sellers was a very good player. Saw him at UConn during the Tony Hansen years. Good battles for sure
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Watching SLU Massachusetts it’s actually quite entertaining so far
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

UMass gonna win...
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

reef wrote: 2 years ago Watching SLU Massachusetts it’s actually quite entertaining so far
91-85 Umass wins. Great game by both teams.

That block by TJ Weeks against the 6'9" guy for SLU was a tremendous play with about 29 seconds to go
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Bad loss Billikens , UMass played quite well much better than they did vs uri
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago UMass gonna win...
Yep, beating a good SLU team 91-85.
Fernandes with 24 points, 5 players from UMass scored in double digits.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

An example of how you never know, especially on the road:

In the WAC: New Mexico State 15-2 (5-0) @ Sam Houston State 10-9 (5-1) tonight 7:30pm ESPN+

New Mexico State NET 70 favored by 5 points over Sam Houston NET 228

Sam Houston just won by a resounding 71 - 46 !!!

Mew Mexico State beat Davidson 75-64 at Myrtle Beach SC back on Nov 18
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Wow what a finish Purdue loses to IU !!!
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Wow giving up 91 points to UMass is kind of rough! I assumed they hit a ton of 3’s but looks like only 7.
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

ramster wrote: 2 years ago An example of how you never know, especially on the road:

In the WAC: New Mexico State 15-2 (5-0) @ Sam Houston State 10-9 (5-1) tonight 7:30pm ESPN+

Milwaukee (309 NET) beats Oakland (73 NET) 88-78 without James Baldwin, Jr.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

SmartyBarrett wrote: 2 years ago
ramster wrote: 2 years ago An example of how you never know, especially on the road:

Wow!!
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Big game Tyrese Martin
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

reef wrote: 2 years ago Big game Tyrese Martin
Yeah, he was unstoppable. What a game.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago
Obadiah wrote: 2 years ago La Salle came back from a 9 point half time deficit. They did it on good ball handling and control - they had only 8 turnovers and made 10 steals. They also outrebounded St. Joe's, 40-31. In the Rams game vs. St. Joe's, recall that the Hawks outrebounded the Rams and kept the game close until the last 5-6 minutes. So let's not let the hubris from the UMass win blindside us in thinking Wednesday's game will be a cakewalk. Every game is war from now on.
OB, St Joes is 7-8. LaSalle is 6-8. Don't hype this game like it's a war. It should be a cake walk. And if we lose, it's just well, it would just be a very bad loss.
Obadiah,
You called this one. Fortunately We pulled through by a point.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

ramster wrote: 2 years ago
SmartyBarrett wrote: 2 years ago

Wow!!
It's almost like upsets can happen to any college basketball game no matter the opponenst!

(Not taking a shot at you Ramster, just the people who think we should always blow teams out who have a lower ranking than us)
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

One game on tap in the A-10 Friday:

Saint Bonaventure at Duquesne, 7 PM, ESPN2

Sacred Heart @ Mount St Mary's 7pm MSM

Bryant @ Merrimack 7pm

Other games of possible interest:

#17 Illinois @ Maryland 7pm FS1

0 games postponed or cancelled
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Thanks, ramster. Yes the La Salle game was no cakewalk, but to lighten up and digress the discourse away from the general bitchiness of this and other threads, did you ever wonder about the origin of the word "cakewalk". It seems the term came from pre-Civil War days on the plantations where black slaves would entertain themselves in the evening by competitive dancing. The style of dancing was more of an elaborate two step walk and prancing, ironically much of it was mocking the manners and dance styles of their white owners. The events became so popular white slave holders would attend the affairs offering up highly decorated cakes as the prize. The fluidity of the two step prancing gave the impression of ease and this gave rise to the cakewalk connotation along with phrases "that takes the cake" and "it's a piece of cake". The musical form accompanying the cakewalk morphed into what is now ragtime. OK, back to basketball.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Obadiah wrote: 2 years ago Thanks, ramster. Yes the La Salle game was no cakewalk, but to lighten up and digress the discourse away from the general bitchiness of this and other threads, did you ever wonder about the origin of the word "cakewalk". It seems the term came from pre-Civil War days on the plantations where black slaves would entertain themselves in the evening by competitive dancing. The style of dancing was more of an elaborate two step walk and prancing, ironically much of it was mocking the manners and dance styles of their white owners. The events became so popular white slave holders would attend the affairs offering up highly decorated cakes as the prize. The fluidity of the two step prancing gave the impression of ease and this gave rise to the cakewalk connotation along with phrases "that takes the cake" and "it's a piece of cake". The musical form accompanying the cakewalk morphed into what is now ragtime. OK, back to basketball.
Interesting.
I wonder if that is how teams being "cupcakes" on the schedule also derived from.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Maryland beats #17 Illinois 81-65, Cockburn didn't play.
Fatts with a team high 37 minutes and had 15 pts (6-13), 7 rebs.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

I read this post as Toppin is averaging a so-so 6 points and 3.5 rebounds per game. If he went to Kentucky to average so-so numbers like those and his goal in Basketball is to just be a role player then he should be happy.

Sounds like negativity towards Toppin for the decision he made. It doesn’t address that he had an injury this summer that has limited him some this fall, or that Calipari has had good things to say about him last season and this, that Jacob has upside potential to get into the starting line-up and how Kentucky might be his best shot to get to playing professionally.
Kentucky was a huge good move for Toppin. Seems a stretch to try to say otherwise.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

5 games on tap in the A-10 Saturday:

GW @ URI, 12:30pm, USA
Davidson @ Fordham, 2pm, ESPN+
St Josephs @ VCU, 2:30pm, USA
Richmond @ LaSalle, 4:30pm,
Dayton @ GMU, 7pm, ESPN+

Virginia Tech @ BC 12pm ACCNX/ESPN+
Lehigh @ BU 1pm
Harvard @ Cornell 2pm ESPN+
Brown @ Colombia 2pm ESPN+
Coastal Carolina @ Georgia State 2pm ESPN+
Detroit @ Milwaukee 3pm ESPN+
Florida Gulf Coast @ Jacksonville State 4pm ESPN+
Charleston @ James Madison 4pm

#12 Kentucky @ #2 Auburn 1pm CBS
Missouri State @ #22 Loyola of Chicago 3:30pm CBSSN

7 games postponed or cancelled
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

URI connection has transfer Jacob Toppin who could be tasked with guarding future NBA #1 pick Jabari Smith

Back in the Jim Harrick days URI was heavily involved with Jabari Smith who chose to go to LSU when Jim Harrick left URI for Georgia. His son is now a star for #2 Ranked Auburn.

Jabari Smith presents a challenging matchup for Kentucky

The race for SEC Player of the Year and SEC Freshman of the Year should take center stage on Saturday too. Kentucky boasts National Player of the Year candidate Oscar Tshiebwe and four-time reigning SEC Freshman of the Week TyTy Washington, but Auburn features the possible 2022 NBA draft No. 1 pick in freshman forward Jabari Smith.
Smith leads Auburn in scoring (15.8 points per game) and rebounding (6.3 rebounds per game). The 6-foot-10, 220-pound forward is shooting 43% (40 for 93) from 3-point range.
Kentucky basketball: Why ugly Texas A&M win was more important for UK than Tennessee blowout
While Kentucky forward Jacob Toppin is the most likely candidate to guard Smith, Tshiebwe and Washington might need to match his production. Tshiebwe could also be challenged by Auburn center Walker Kessler, who ranks second in the country in blocked shots per game (4.3).
“This is going to be a great matchup,” Tshiebwe said. “For us, we’re going to go take what we think we deserve. We’re going to go fight for our victory. That’s what I’m looking forward to seeing.”

https://news.yahoo.com/stake-kentucky-m ... p_catchall
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Jabari Smith is the real thing. Was watching them last week and he just jumps out as a huge talent. Will be interesting to see how Toppin does against him.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

ramster wrote: 2 years ago 5 games on tap in the A-10 Saturday:

Dayton @ GMU, 7pm, ESPN+

Lehigh @ BU 1pm

Davidson beats Fordham 69-66 at Fordham after being favored by 11.5. Fordham led at the half by 7.
Quisenberry had 36 for Fordham
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

ramster wrote: 2 years ago 5 games on tap in the A-10 Saturday:

Dayton @ GMU, 7pm, ESPN+

Lehigh @ BU 1pm

Davidson beats Fordham 69-66 at Fordham after being favored by 11.5. Fordham led at the half by 7.
Quisenberry had 36 for Fordham
VCU easily handles St. Joe's 70-54.