Covid-19 Effect on College Basketball & Other Sports

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Re: Covid-19 Effect on College Basketball & Other Sports

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

ElmCityRhody wrote: 2 years ago missing the point

they are not being incubated

they are coming in and being sent home because they have the sniffles from omicron
But so many are coming in, it clogs the system. Also, while many are sent home after “wasting” the ER triage resources, the sheer volume means that unvaccinated people are being admitted in numbers not previously seen.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Unread post by PlayMikeMotenMore »

People with the sniffles are not filling up the hospitals. And while omicron has lesser symptoms, the sheer volume of cases is what's overwhelming healthcare. It's simple math. Using simple numbers (these are NOT actual numbers/percentages, I repeat NOT actual numbers/percentages...this is simply for illustrative purposes, using small number math because I'm not good at math)

Delta variant in Podunk County, USA...(more serious health ramifications but not as contagious)
So it spreads to 100 people and let's say 5% of infectees need hospitalization = 5 people in the hospital

Omicron variant in Podunk County, USA...(less serious health ramifications but 10x more contagious)
So it spreads to 1,000 people and let's say only 2% of infectees need hospitalization = 20 people in the hospital

Do the math. You can see why hospitals and healthcare workers are drowning right now. Percentages don't fill up hospital beds...PEOPLE DO.
1 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

again, i have first hand knowledge of what is happening at 2 of the top hospitals in CT

i was calling out the people being "incubated" - that was for you billy boy !
2 x
CaptainRon
Kenny Green

Unread post by CaptainRon »

ElmCityRhody wrote: 2 years ago again, i have first hand knowledge of what is happening at 2 of the top hospitals in CT

Again, I posted a direct quote from the director of the hospital you referenced saying the ICU is over full. I figure he pretty much knows more about what’s happening in his hospitals than your friends.
1 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

I know many unvaccinated people who've recently tested positive for covid. None of these people even stepped foot in an ER. The narrative simply cannot be supported anymore that it's the "unvaccinated taxing the system". Sure, I'm sure there are unvaccinated people hospitalized, but not all unvaccinated people are hospitalized.

I stayed at home for the proper period of time for what was essentially upper sinus congestion and fatigue. I have chronic fatigue so simply a regular day in the life. :lol:
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

CaptainRon wrote: 2 years ago
ElmCityRhody wrote: 2 years ago again, i have first hand knowledge of what is happening at 2 of the top hospitals in CT

Again, I posted a direct quote from the director of the hospital you referenced saying the ICU is over full. I figure he pretty much knows more about what’s happening in his hospitals than your friends.

oh Captain my Captain

again.. i was referring to being intubated as the BS part of that quote

as for "friends".. no, they are family and one is a top surgeon there - jsut was with him over the weekedn at.. get this.. a big party.. and it was.. inside <gasp>

as for overcrowded.. yes, they are coming in and a majority are being sent back home because they don't need to be hospitalized

now you can quote whomever you want

frankly - i dont care

i trust my first hand knowledge from family members a heckuva lot more
1 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Taylor Swift wrote: 2 years ago I know many unvaccinated people who've recently tested positive for covid. None of these people even stepped foot in an ER. The narrative simply cannot be supported anymore that it's the "unvaccinated taxing the system". Sure, I'm sure there are unvaccinated people hospitalized, but not all unvaccinated people are hospitalized.

I stayed at home for the proper period of time for what was essentially upper sinus congestion and fatigue. I have chronic fatigue so simply a regular day in the life. :lol:
80-90% of the people in hospitals because of Covid are unvaccinated. Obviously not every unvaccinated person that gets Covid ends up in a hospital. But that doesn’t diminish the fact that overwhelmingly the unvaccinated are what is straining the healthcare system.
2 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

My daughter wasn't even on the COVID floor last night at UPMC and worked 13 hours without a single break. That will tell you how overwhelmed the hospitals are. 13 hours with no break....have you heard of the law of diminishing returns? They're all doing their best, but the system is breaking.
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago My daughter wasn't even on the COVID floor last night at UPMC and worked 13 hours without a single break. That will tell you how overwhelmed the hospitals are. 13 hours with no break....have you heard of the law of diminishing returns? They're all doing their best, but the system is breaking.
And it's the regular patients who are suffering because the nurses can't give them the care that they need....or the amount of care that they need would be a better way to put it.
2 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago My daughter wasn't even on the COVID floor last night at UPMC and worked 13 hours without a single break. That will tell you how overwhelmed the hospitals are. 13 hours with no break....have you heard of the law of diminishing returns? They're all doing their best, but the system is breaking.
Maybe they shouldn’t have fired 6-10% of their workforce?
1 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago
A lot more nurses are leaving the profession because of stress than because of their refusal to be vaccinated. That's the #1 reason for the shortage, by far. They're physically over tired and even more importantly, mentally drained.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

ElmCityRhody wrote: 2 years ago
Ram1019 wrote: 2 years ago

Funny you mentioned it. My wife, who works in the hospital, told me that a young healthy (unvaccinated) person just had to be intubated yesterday. The place is basically a hot mess with COVID right now--kids and adults. She describes it like a war zone. I'm very grateful that people like us on the outside are able to be sheltered from the day-to-day stress on the current healthcare system and live with only minor inconveniences of things like delaying a sports game, for example.

this is blatantly misleading

i know top surgeons and nurses at 2 Yale Hospitals

this is not happening in CT

they are sending "covid/sniffles" patients home

"cases"
Interesting, the head of Yale New Haven hospitals said in last weeks Courant;

"Very tired ICU nurse said to me, ‘I just wish the public could see what's going on here.' The ICU is full, all but two of the patients were COVID patients, all but one of them were unvaccinated," Dr. Balcezak said
So...the vaccines work?
1 x
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Unread post by spookydog »

Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago
Hate chiming in on this thread but I work at lifespan & 99% of people got the vaccine. That covers all positions, even ones outside the hospital. That’s an impressive retention.
3 x
If there's a God, he is laughing at us
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago

this is blatantly misleading

i know top surgeons and nurses at 2 Yale Hospitals

this is not happening in CT

they are sending "covid/sniffles" patients home

"cases"

"Very tired ICU nurse said to me, ‘I just wish the public could see what's going on here.' The ICU is full, all but two of the patients were COVID patients, all but one of them were unvaccinated," Dr. Balcezak said
So...the vaccines work?
YES, THEY WORK by dramatically reducing the chance of serious disease requiring hospitalization and making it even less likely you die.

What you quoted above ("The ICU is full, all but two of the patients were COVID patients, all but one of them were unvaccinated"), demonstrates this very well.

Also consider all those vaccinated people catching Omicron and saying how mild it is, or how they have no symptoms, is because they were vaccinated.

Those who are unvaccinated are:
  • 10x more likely to be infected
  • 17x more likely to be hospitalized
  • 20x more likely to DIE
1 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
CaptainRon
Kenny Green

ATPTourFan wrote: 2 years ago

So...the vaccines work?
YES, THEY WORK by dramatically reducing the chance of serious disease requiring hospitalization and making it even less likely you die.

What you quoted above ("The ICU is full, all but two of the patients were COVID patients, all but one of them were unvaccinated"), demonstrates this very well.

Also consider all those vaccinated people catching Omicron and saying how mild it is, or how they have no symptoms, is because they were vaccinated.

• 20x more likely to DIE
Agree with your premise, but you are merging 3 different quotes. Elm City said the hospitals were full of people with sniffles. I posted the quote about the ICUs being full of Covid patients and NY made the vaccines work? quote. He was probably being sarcastic.
Last edited by CaptainRon 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

bigappleram wrote: 2 years ago
Taylor Swift wrote: 2 years ago I know many unvaccinated people who've recently tested positive for covid. None of these people even stepped foot in an ER. The narrative simply cannot be supported anymore that it's the "unvaccinated taxing the system". Sure, I'm sure there are unvaccinated people hospitalized, but not all unvaccinated people are hospitalized.

80-90% of the people in hospitals because of Covid are unvaccinated. Obviously not every unvaccinated person that gets Covid ends up in a hospital. But that doesn’t diminish the fact that overwhelmingly the unvaccinated are what is straining the healthcare system.

So in that "80-90%", about 66% of them have comorbidities (probably WAY more than that but 2/3 is always a warm and fuzzy figure to use since it's more than half but not enough to be overwhelming). Chances are they aren't healthy and active people and have underlying conditions. Overwhelmingly the government wants to keep speaking this narrative to you all so you obey and comply with every little "guidance" they give you.

I don't need to divulge my vaccination status on a message board so I either am or I'm not.

I walk by elderly people who reek of day-old cheap cigarettes in the grocery store or CVS yet they got a mask on. Scared of covid but not directly ruining their lungs X amount of times per day. I've obviously smoked cigarettes in my life so I'm not a saint, but COME ON.
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

…….I sometimes wonder those drug addicted and are not vaxxed, cause they don’t want to that poison in their bodies……
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

they are coming in and being sent home because they have the sniffles from omicron
But so many are coming in, it clogs the system. Also, while many are sent home after “wasting” the ER triage resources, the sheer volume means that unvaccinated people are being admitted in numbers not previously seen.
Intubated, to clarify, is the correct word.

I passed out from heat exhaustion about a year and a half ago, I waited 2 hours in the waiting room after talking to the triage nurse. Prior to being seen at SCH they wanted me to meet with the financial services person before being seen (since you have to prove you have insurance or are self-pay) I only had my cell phone on me (no ID, no insurance card - it was in my wallet in my car that wasn't with me at the time, naturally) so I left. They didn't offer me even any water NOR ice, which I'm sure wouldn't really be that big of a deal.....This was WAY before the vaccine was even introduced, and shows you that the problems in our healthcare system happened WAY before covid. People need to stop using Covid as an excuse for the complete joke our healthcare system is. This has been happening for years.
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

section(105) wrote: 2 years ago …….I sometimes wonder those drug addicted and are not vaxxed, cause they don’t want to that poison in their bodies……

They are because they probably work in hospitals....
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Taylor Swift wrote: 2 years ago

I passed out from heat exhaustion about a year and a half ago, I waited 2 hours in the waiting room after talking to the triage nurse. Prior to being seen at SCH they wanted me to meet with the financial services person before being seen (since you have to prove you have insurance or are self-pay) I only had my cell phone on me (no ID, no insurance card - it was in my wallet in my car that wasn't with me at the time, naturally) so I left. They didn't offer me even any water NOR ice, which I'm sure wouldn't really be that big of a deal.....This was WAY before the vaccine was even introduced, and shows you that the problems in our healthcare system happened WAY before covid. People need to stop using Covid as an excuse for the complete joke our healthcare system is. This has been happening for years.
Wait a second, I thought everyone had health care insurance?
1 x
CaptainRon
Kenny Green

section(105) wrote: 2 years ago …….I sometimes wonder those drug addicted and are not vaxxed, cause they don’t want to that poison in their bodies……
Or wear seatbelts because they don’t keep you from getting into accidents and some people who do wear seatbelts sometimes die in accidents anyway.
Last edited by CaptainRon 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

33% of all stats are made up
1 x
:lol:
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago

Wait a second, I thought everyone had health care insurance?
I personally know of A LOT of people who work for themselves who forgo simply because it's $1,000 per month with an $8,000+ deducible, for example. Not everyone has the luxury of "raising your hand for a paycheck corporate/municipal/state job" (NOT YOU blueman!)

I have health insurance, for now, at least. Have been fortunate to have it, but it's definitely not a guarantee. Privilage is REAL.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

So...the vaccines work?

• 20x more likely to DIE
Agree with your premise, but you are merging 3 different quotes. Elm City said the hospitals were full of people with sniffles. I posted the quote about the ICUs being full of Covid patients and NY made the vaccines work? quote. He was probably being sarcastic.
The "vaccines" are not vaccines, they are therapeutics. Otherwise the vaccinated wouldn't have to wear a mask.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

And the reason the hospital didn't treat you is because of those big bad mean insurance companies. Yes, I am being sarcastic.
1 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

And the reason the hospital didn't treat you is because of those big bad mean insurance companies. Yes, I am being sarcastic.

HAHA! My insurance card was in my wallet at home! Guess they couldn't look me up with United Health? The healthcare system has been a joke for a long time and it has nothing to do with covid.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

HAHA! My insurance card was in my wallet at home! Guess they couldn't look me up with United Health? The healthcare system has been a joke for a long time and it has nothing to do with covid.
I suppose .... But if the medical folks won't treat you because no insurance...how is that not on the medical folks? Do they teach that in med school now? "Only treat and care for those that can pay"?
1 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

I suppose .... But if the medical folks won't treat you because no insurance...how is that not on the medical folks? Do they teach that in med school now? "Only treat and care for those that can pay"?
Oh yeah, and I have a friend who has a horror story between a few local hospitals for treatment. It's really sickening, but, yeah, you know, only covid is what people deal with.... :?
0 x
CaptainRon
Kenny Green

Don’t get me started on this. Recently haf a biopsy, checked that the doctor is in network, call my plan. Yes he is in network and covered. Get biopsy and get very big bill. Doctor was covered, the lab they sent the sample to not in network. Ugh!!!
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

CaptainRon wrote: 2 years ago Don’t get me started on this. Recently haf a biopsy, checked that the doctor is in network, call my plan. Yes he is in network and covered. Get biopsy and get very big bill. Doctor was covered, the lab they sent the sample to not in network. Ugh!!!
Just remember, it is ALWAYS the ins co fault, it's easier that way.
1 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

WINTER OF DEATH

I unvaccinated death rate is now 101%

Natural immunity is not science !

Get jabbed every 5 months people and stay safe !
2 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

I'm tired of you insulting people like my daughter who are working their asses off trying to care for the ignorant people in this country who refuse to be vaccinated. I'm sorry, but you are incredibly ignorant. SCREW YOU!!!
1 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago

I'm tired of you insulting people like my daughter who are working their asses off trying to care for the ignorant people in this country who refuse to be vaccinated. I'm sorry, but you are incredibly ignorant. SCREW YOU!!!

I’m not the one unvaccinated in a hospital straining the system infected with Covid. Perhaps you should direct your rage to them instead.

You realize a lot of people who work in healthcare aren’t all vaccinated, right?

Are vaccinated people who get Covid from other vaccinated people ignorant?
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago

I’m not the one unvaccinated in a hospital straining the system infected with Covid. Perhaps you should direct your rage to them instead.

You realize a lot of people who work in healthcare aren’t all vaccinated, right?

Are vaccinated people who get Covid from other vaccinated people ignorant?
They're the worst because most of them probably think they don't need to wear a mask 24/7.
1 x
Ram1019
ARD

Unread post by Ram1019 »

WPRI: Biden sending medical teams to Rhode Island, 5 other states to help hospitals
https://www.wpri.com/health/coronavirus ... hospitals/

Not sure why the Biden Admin would have to deploy military personnel to RI hospitals. Can't someone tell him to just provide chicken soup and tissues for those patients with the sniffles?
3 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

oh good, biden is on it..

i feel so much better now

yes, the approach that RI is taking w wearing fake masks and not building up antibodies is an approach i should look into more

the approach that FRAUDCI has been saying since the beginning.. thats a winning approach because we are making such progress

have fun being miserable.

i choose to live my life mask free and worry free
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Biden sending help to RI Hospital

Wonder if the can do contact tracing to the PC - URI sold out game?
No masks and no proof of vax required for the November - December Dunkin Donuts Center games.

And now we lead all 50 states.

I told people after that game if I don’t get Covid from that experience I’ll be shocked. I didn’t and I was surprised.

A9F72DD3-3B92-45BB-A947-C6A222CA80FB.jpeg
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 2 years ago Biden sending help to RI Hospital

No masks and no proof of vax required for the November - December Dunkin Donuts Center games.

I told people after that game if I don’t get Covid from that experience I’ll be shocked. I didn’t and I was surprised.

Or...maybe you actually did, but didn't even know it...
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

i choose to live my life mask free and worry free
Unfortunately, others have nonsensically decided that that first part is a no-no. Selectively. Nonsense example #10,765 - gas station convenience store on 138, masks required. Post office 500 feet down the road, no mask required.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Or...maybe you actually did, but didn't even know it...
Wouldn’t be surprised.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Wonder what Raimondo is thinking?

I very much doubt the Dunk would have been with no mask or van requirement

Glad she got out of dodge?
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 2 years ago Wonder what Raimondo is thinking?

I very much doubt the Dunk would have been with no mask or van requirement

Glad she got out of dodge?
Yes, I am.
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

You sound like a whiny 7 year old continuing to complain about the Rhody PC game.

Buy a hazmat suit, double mask, and don't leave your basement.
3 x
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago

You sound like a whiny 7 year old continuing to complain about the Rhody PC game.

You whine about most every post that posters make on this board except for 1 poster. We know who that is.

Add something of substance for a change. Give it a try.
Last edited by ramster 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

……Dr Scott heading for the exits?……
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago

Screw that
Let the natural immunity flourish!!
Half of the unvaxed got Covid already. They don’t want the vaccine because they already got Covid working in hospitals and nursing homes while the country locked down year 1.

Now we fire them with mandates.

Buy Pharma. Big Pharma is worried about Omicron giving immunity.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

From NY Times article about South Africa

Omicron cases dropping quickly.
E0767462-2BA9-4E91-AE73-84F2C9CFB331.png
39BE792F-2589-4AEA-8D79-2AAB854416C9.png
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

SmartyBarrett wrote: 2 years ago
Doesn't matter. You're still going to have to wear a mask at the Ry next season.
0 x
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Unread post by PlayMikeMotenMore »

SmartyBarrett wrote: 2 years ago
Doesn't matter. You're still going to have to wear a mask at the Ry next season.
1. No.
2. Even if yes, then is that the worst thing in the world you can think of to whine and complain about?

How many times a day do you change your diaper and clean your pacifier? If you have any friends, then they must love having you around to whine and complain.

So Called Friend: Love it here at the beach. 80 degrees and sunny.
NYG Fan: Yeah, but I see clouds in the distance. It'll probably be only 70 in the shade. And next week, it might rain one day.
So Called Friend: Hey, you dropped your box of diapers.
0 x