Where Are They Now? Former Player Results and News

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
bwerner10
Steve Chubin

Re: Where Are They Now? Former Player Results and News

Unread post by bwerner10 »

Is Toppin hurt at University of Kentucky or just not playing?
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

bwerner10 wrote: 2 years ago Is Toppin hurt at University of Kentucky or just not playing?
Various sources from Google News say he's got a shoulder injury.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

DJ at Kent State currently averaging 14.8 mins/ 3.8 pts/ 1.6 rebs.
Last season he averaged 15 mins/ 4.3 pts/2.8 rebs.
Maybe he should of stayed, we could of used his shooting and given us added depth upfront, especially with our fouling issues.

On the other hand Duquesne transfer Sincere Carey is averaging 33 mins/ 17 pts/ 5 rebs.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Jersey77 wrote: 2 years ago DJ at Kent State currently averaging 14.8 mins/ 3.8 pts/ 1.6 rebs.
Last season he averaged 15 mins/ 4.3 pts/2.8 rebs.
Maybe he should of stayed, we could of used his shooting and given us added depth upfront, especially with our fouling issues.

On the other hand Duquesne transfer Sincere Carey is averaging 33 mins/ 17 pts/ 5 rebs.
I loved Carey at Duquesne, he was very good.

Surprised both him and Tavian Dunn Martin both transferred to lesser programs/conferences.
0 x
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

SGreenwell wrote: 2 years ago
bwerner10 wrote: 2 years ago Is Toppin hurt at University of Kentucky or just not playing?
Various sources from Google News say he's got a shoulder injury.
Toppin played in Fridays win over North Florida last night. Only his 2nd game of the season. He has been out with a should injury since the Duke game.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

In Hoftra's win over Detroit on Saturday, Omar Silverio played 26 minutes off the bench, 9-13 FG, 8-10 3P, 2-2 FT for 28 points.
Why can't we get shooters like that?
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Jersey77 wrote: 2 years ago

1 point game 4 mins into 2nd half...
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

ramster wrote: 2 years ago In Hoftra's win over Detroit on Saturday, Omar Silverio played 26 minutes off the bench, 9-13 FG, 8-10 3P, 2-2 FT for 28 points.
Why can't we get shooters like that?
Have a night Omar !!
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Maryland losses to Va. Tech 62-58.
Fatts still struggling from long range 0-3 (3pt) tonight.
Prior to the game only shooting .235 % (3pt) for the season.
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

From my buddy who’s daughter goes to Maryland

I’m ready to punch a wall watching the Terps be harrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrible.
FATTS can go back to uri. He blooooooooooooowzzzzz.
The whole team blooooooooooooooooooowzzzzzzzzzxssssssxxx.
No tourney this year.
Too erratic.

8 points and he took 50 shots it seemed.
Takes away from Ayala who’s their star because all he does is hog the ball. Taking out of control shots driving down the lane and he’s like 5’5”.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

I do not miss him.
0 x
GO RAMS
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Fatts and Ayala combine 3 of 19
0 x
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

Dana Tate with 22 and 8 for Norfolk St on Saturday in a loss to Wichita State. Led the team in minutes played with 37 and amazingly went 5-6 from three.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

JimSidd wrote: 2 years ago Dana Tate with 22 and 8 for Norfolk St on Saturday in a loss to Wichita State. Led the team in minutes played with 37 and amazingly went 5-6 from three.
Wow good for him and I see Mekhi Long starts for ODU who lost to VCU
1 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

JimSidd wrote: 2 years ago Dana Tate with 22 and 8 for Norfolk St on Saturday in a loss to Wichita State. Led the team in minutes played with 37 and amazingly went 5-6 from three.
I'm kind of surprised he resurfaced at another school, but hey, good for him. He's always had the talent to play college ball, so hopefully, he's got the off-the-court stuff kind of under control now.
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Lol of course Fatts has a great game and gets the go ahead bucket under a minute to seal the win vs Florida and not a peep from anyone.

People only wanna post here about him when he plays bad.
0 x
Go Rhody
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago Lol of course Fatts has a great game and gets the go ahead bucket under a minute to seal the win vs Florida and not a peep from anyone.

1/3 through the season and 1 good game for a 5th year senior is worth a victory lap?
3 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago Lol of course Fatts has a great game and gets the go ahead bucket under a minute to seal the win vs Florida and not a peep from anyone.

Obadiah did post about Fatts game in the other thread Games of Interest, immediately after the game. I was going to also, but he beat me to it.
1 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Jersey77 wrote: 2 years ago

Obadiah did post about Fatts game in the other thread Games of Interest, immediately after the game. I was going to also, but he beat me to it.
This is actually the perfect encapsulation of Fatts’ career:

One good moment, 5 games of trash, couple good moments couple selfish terrible games.

It’s who he’s always been. Capable of moments but never sustaining them for any meaningful period of time.
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

ElmCityRhody wrote: 2 years ago From my buddy who’s daughter goes to Maryland

I’m ready to punch a wall watching the Terps be harrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrible.
FATTS can go back to uri. He blooooooooooooowzzzzz.
The whole team blooooooooooooooooooowzzzzzzzzzxssssssxxx.
No tourney this year.
Too erratic.

8 points and he took 50 shots it seemed.
Takes away from Ayala who’s their star because all he does is hog the ball. Taking out of control shots driving down the lane and he’s like 5’5”.

ARE YOU REALLY saying that Ayala does not hog the ball? Perpetual One on One.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago

1/3 through the season and 1 good game for a 5th year senior is worth a victory lap?
He’s had more than 1 good game, and every other game of his has been commented on.

Just funny how nobody decided to bring up today.
0 x
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago

He’s had more than 1 good game, and every other game of his has been commented on.

Nobody? You did. Good job.
2 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Fatts is gone. I follow one team - Rhody. I barely have time for them, let alone some second rate Big 10 team that really still belongs in the ACC. Plus there’s a whole separate Fatts thread
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

fatts game log.JPG
So...looking at this list, I'm seeing largely inefficient shooting across the board, some phenomenal stinkers, and then the good game last time out. I'm also seeing a lot of turnovers. They got the W against Florida, but I wouldn't be celebrating a PG with 2 asts and 5 TOs. Again, just inconsistency. Looks familiar. Based on the stat sheet, if he won them 2 or 3 games, he also lost them 3 or 4.

This kid is a 5th year senior. He should be mature enough to not be taking as many threes as he still does, and certainly should be experienced enough to put forth a more consistent/efficient effort every time out.

No one hates the kid on this board, but to act like he's some persecuted deity because people don't acknowledge his 1 good game every 4 times out is pretty ludicrous.

He is who he's always been. Good game. Terrible game. Ok game. Great play in a bad game. Good game with a good play. Bad game. Rinse and repeat.

He's not a superstar. He's got electrifying talent that he nullifies with selfish play more often than not. Thinking people are "hating" on him because they don't throw a parade every time he does what he tells everyone he can do 1 out of 4 times he goes on the floor is weird.
6 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Not one of ours, but Bones Hyland scored 24 for the Nuggets last night.
0 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

Double double for Mehki Long for ODU last night
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Toppin starting for Kentucky tonight.

Looks like he’s proving all of us wrong (including me) saying he wouldn’t play much at Kentucky.
0 x
Go Rhody
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

On this lazy Sunday afternoon, I decided to look up what Gregory Hammond is up to (yes, I am bored).
He’s not getting much run with UMASS-Lowell …. just eight minutes per game. This in an indicator of a URI recruiting mistake . I know, it’s not an exact science and no one hits on every player.
I remember at the time that he had a younger brother that was supposed to be a better prospect. I checked it out. His name is Alex and he’s class of 2022. He has just four offers and none seem to be solid. One is from Houston, though. Another is from UMASS Lowell.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

JimSidd wrote: 2 years ago On this lazy Sunday afternoon, I decided to look up what Gregory Hammond is up to (yes, I am bored).
He’s not getting much run with UMASS-Lowell …. just eight minutes per game. This in an indicator of a URI recruiting mistake . I know, it’s not an exact science and no one hits on every player.
I remember at the time that he had a younger brother that was supposed to be a better prospect. I checked it out. His name is Alex and he’s class of 2022. He has just four offers and none seem to be solid. One is from Houston, though. Another is from UMASS Lowell.
Thanks ...now I'm bored, too...
0 x
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago
JimSidd wrote: 2 years ago On this lazy Sunday afternoon, I decided to look up what Gregory Hammond is up to (yes, I am bored).
No charge. Probably better use of your time reading things like this than watching the Giants these days.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

JimSidd wrote: 2 years ago
No charge. Probably better use of your time reading things like this than watching the Giants these days.
Fortunately, the Gmen haven't been on tv that much....
0 x
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Gonebarongone »

fatts game log.JPG

So...looking at this list, I'm seeing largely inefficient shooting across the board, some phenomenal stinkers, and then the good game last time out. I'm also seeing a lot of turnovers. They got the W against Florida, but I wouldn't be celebrating a PG with 2 asts and 5 TOs. Again, just inconsistency. Looks familiar. Based on the stat sheet, if he won them 2 or 3 games, he also lost them 3 or 4.

This kid is a 5th year senior. He should be mature enough to not be taking as many threes as he still does, and certainly should be experienced enough to put forth a more consistent/efficient effort every time out.

No one hates the kid on this board, but to act like he's some persecuted deity because people don't acknowledge his 1 good game every 4 times out is pretty ludicrous.

He is who he's always been. Good game. Terrible game. Ok game. Great play in a bad game. Good game with a good play. Bad game. Rinse and repeat.

He's not a superstar. He's got electrifying talent that he nullifies with selfish play more often than not. Thinking people are "hating" on him because they don't throw a parade every time he does what he tells everyone he can do 1 out of 4 times he goes on the floor is weird.
The more is on his shoulders the worse he will look. He is one of those guys. Your team is never going anywhere if he is your first or second best player. Some of that is a function of era. It's just really hard the way the game is played and defended to have a dominant ball guy not a capable shooter. Unless you are a De'aron Fox who was great at everything else, including 2pt%. It kills an offense when you can sag, play zone, or just go under every screen in man to man. That part is pretty simple. The other part is he doesn't understand this and likely never will in college. The team with him and EC, Terrell, and Dowtin, he still was convinced he should shoot 130 threes at less than 30%. He's talented but not a guy who can win unless everything else, including roster management, works out perfectly.
3 x
RAM67
Art Stephenson

Unread post by RAM67 »

RIP Tim Rosaforte. One of the great ones. Age 66.
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

RAM67 wrote: 2 years ago RIP Tim Rosaforte. One of the great ones. Age 66.
Here is a recent URI magazine article about Tim Rosaforte, a former football player on Rams teams in the 70's, talking about how he was a giant in the field of golf journalism and how to donate to his scholarship fund here at the University

https://www.uri.edu/magazine/issues/fal ... -pros-pro/
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
RAM67
Art Stephenson

Unread post by RAM67 »

Did read this last week. Being an avid golfer, I have followed Tim's career over the years, and have always enjoyed his takes.
0 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

RAM67 wrote: 2 years ago RIP Tim Rosaforte. One of the great ones. Age 66.
Knew him in college. Was a first-class guy even then.
1 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

1 x
nchof
Abdul Fox

Unread post by nchof »

2 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

nchof wrote: 2 years ago
Sweet!
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

What could have been
1 x
GO RAMS
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

nchof wrote: 2 years ago
Sweet!
Curious: what was this tweet about, as it is no longer available.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

It was Jacob Toppin doing a 360 dunk in yesterdays game
0 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Kentucky did go on to lose that game as well. To probably the new #1 team in the land, Auburn. That just sounds weird.
2 x
Mobley was fouled.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

RI_Bred wrote: 2 years ago Kentucky did go on to lose that game as well. To probably the new #1 team in the land, Auburn. That just sounds weird.
Awesome dunk. If he was still here, he'd be schooling the twins in practice every day.
1 x
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

Looks like Dana Tate has found a home at Norfolk State: 13 and 9 in yesterday’s victory. The team is undefeated in the MEAC.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

RI_Bred wrote: 2 years ago Kentucky did go on to lose that game as well. To probably the new #1 team in the land, Auburn. That just sounds weird.
Awesome dunk. If he was still here, he'd be schooling the twins in practice every day.
Kudos to those guys for moving on and bettering their futures but a 1-2 combo of Tyrese and Jacob would have been fun to watch
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Things not getting better for Bobby at ASU.
0 x