12/4 | Providence | 2:00PM (CBSSN)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Re: 12/4 | Providence | 2:00PM (CBSSN)

Unread post by McRam »

KingstonLane wrote: 2 years ago
section(105) wrote: 2 years ago
RI_Bred wrote: 2 years ago Thomas will transfer. Watch.
……the thought of that makes me sick…….
You people are legit insane. The kid is averaging 2ppg. I would love for him to build on this season and be an annual contributor to this team

There isn’t a transfer market for him. He was a borderline walk on
0 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago
Jersey77 wrote: 2 years ago
RhodyKyle wrote: 2 years ago

I'm now, for uri's best interest, rooting for a total collapse so there is no doubt what to do at the end of this season.
So let me get this straight, you are rooting against our team for the rest of the season, just so you can be proven correct in getting a new coach.
You don't want a nice run including a strong showing in the A10T.
At least it's nice to know who the true fans are.
Wrong. He doesn’t want to be proven right.

NONE OF US GIVE A HIGH FLYING F#*K IF WE ARE RIGHT ON A F#%KING INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD.

The best thing for this program, long term, is a coaching change.

Like when Jets fans root for a loss so they can get #1 pick.

Everyone posting on here except for DCrams and his burner accounts are fans of URI basketball. The program. Not a player. Not a coach. The team.

We want to be good. We have seen enough to know we will not be good with any more games or seasons with Cox at the helm.

A 20-11 season where we miss any postseason play and have zero big wins is a disaster. You are dooming this program to a Cox extension and the furthering of a baronesque long term period of mediocrity.

Suck. Make a change. Be good again.
This is what I'm getting at. In this case devil I know is worse than the devil I don't. It's become obvious now the coach is over his head here.
3 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

If there are any Cox supporters left on this board, can someone please explain to me how you can enter the season with Zero experienced point guards on the roster and still have transfer portal availability going to waste.

Or does Cox still think Shep is a point guard ?

((Not to mention the need for a SF that went unfilledj

Without even getting to in game strategy, it,e outs etc, Cox has clearly failed in putting together an appropriate balanced roster and coaching staff).
3 x
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by KingstonLane »

McRam wrote: 2 years ago
KingstonLane wrote: 2 years ago
……the thought of that makes me sick…….
You people are legit insane. The kid is averaging 2ppg. I would love for him to build on this season and be an annual contributor to this team

There isn’t a transfer market for him. He was a borderline walk on
Did Watch the game today. I don’t give a s…how many points he scores, he knows the game of basketball and has most of the skills of a point guard , he and ish more pride and combativeness than shep and Amin. Did u notice how many loose balls Pc got with shep and Amin out there.

I am not knocking them but they are both slight and short without exceptional quickness.

Thomas needs to become a better shooter, but, his command of the floor and ball handling competence are outstanding. If you want to rebuild culture, u need the Thomas’ and ishr and the TJ s Garrett, Jared Stan andFatts mentality. That was a culture
None of what you said has to do with my point. I’m not concerned about him transferring
0 x
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

Back to today’s game. As others have already stated, it has become clear that Sheppard can’t be the main point guard: maybe for short durations, but that’s it. The ball sticks to him and it hinders any offensive flow. Things were definitely better today when he was on the bench.
As for Thomas, I do feel there could be a “more is less” situation if his minutes increase, as he is not a fully polished player yet. He has earned getting at least 20 minutes a game, though.
As for the Mitchells, what does Belichick say? The best ability is availability. They simply have to learn to play without fouling. The answer? Watch more film? Reminders from coaches at practice? Play with more poise and not let emotions get the best of them? I would submit all of the above. They’re good for at least one foul per game 75 feet away from the basket. They have to avoid those cheap fouls that have no purpose.
2 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

McRam wrote: 2 years ago If there are any Cox supporters left on this board, can someone please explain to me how you can enter the season with Zero experienced point guards on the roster and still have transfer portal availability going to waste.

Without even getting to in game strategy, it,e outs etc, Cox has clearly failed in putting together an appropriate balanced roster and coaching staff).
The guy with the burner account(s) got banned so you’re just talking to the rest of us who are miserable haha.

It’s a great point. Thomas illustrated what even a basic point guard skill set can bring to a basketball team, and our coach doesn’t seem to value it.
4 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Rhody_NYCT
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Rhody_NYCT »

There's so much bitching and moaning on this board. We lost. We played like crap. I can get into the details but it's not worth it. We had a bad game. Hopefully we can get better.
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

McRam wrote: 2 years ago If there are any Cox supporters left on this board, can someone please explain to me how you can enter the season with Zero experienced point guards on the roster and still have transfer portal availability going to waste.

The guy with the burner account(s) got banned so you’re just talking to the rest of us who are miserable haha.

It’s a great point. Thomas illustrated what even a basic point guard skill set can bring to a basketball team, and our coach doesn’t seem to value it.
Just starting to get over the disappointing loss but it always takes time after this game.

I agree that we don't have a true PG outside of the very green Thomas, one of the few who showed up tonight.

Sometimes we can make up for it if our shots go in, but that wasn't the case today.

What really upsets me is I don't think PC played great today and we weren't able to capitalize, we just played so much worse.
Our overall guard play was terrible and it also really upset me how bench player Crosswell (double/double 13 pts/16 rebs) outplayed our bigs.

This team better get it together before conference play or it is going to be an extremely long season.

Our play in Daytona, losing to FGCU, blowing the big lead to Harvard, and now our performance against PC doesn't instill a lot of confidence in my feelings going forward. I hope we can turn it around but I do have my doubts.
4 x
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Here is one good thing: correct me if I am wrong but I do not think the twins were called for a foul today by setting an illegal pick. Gotta be the first time this year.
We make a couple of more 3s and are right in the game til the end. Our three starting guards shot 9 for 30. That will not win any road game except for maybe Maine. In 28 minutes Martin had 8 rebounds but only 2 points and 4 turnovers.
El-Amin has to get more than 7 shots a game.

FTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 x
Rhody19/21
Michael Andersen

Unread post by Rhody19/21 »

Anyone of +- of the players today? Specifically wanna see Thomas’ +-
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Just starting to get over the disappointing loss but it always takes times after this game.

I agree that we don't have a true PG outside of the very green Thomas, one of the few who showed up tonight.

Sometimes we can make up for it if our shots go in, but that wasn't the case today.

What really upsets me is I don't think PC played great today and we weren't able to capitalize, we just played so much worse.
Our overall guard play was terrible and it also really upset me how bench player Crosswell (double/double 13 pts/16 rebs) outplayed our bigs.

This team better get it together before conference play or it is going to be an extremely long season.

Our play in Daytona, losing to FGCU, blowing the big lead to Harvard, and now our performance against PC doesn't instill a lot of confidence in my feelings going forward. I hope we can turn it around but I do have my doubts.
I agree. It’s been said but maybe not articulated well - because we have no PG we’re going to win games we shoot 50% from 3 and lose the games we don’t.

You’re right about PC. Good not great, but they played harder and adjusted matchups.

Trying to put a Mitchell on Horchler was stupid. Change the lineup. Put Martin or Walker on him since he’s a stretch 4 and their best 3 point shooter. The Mitchell’s were out of their element and that caused them to take stupid fouls away from the basket. They should not have been anywhere outside the paint…and if that means you only play one Mitchell at a time than you only play one Mitchell at a time.

Taking out Bassy when he was providing the only offensive cohesion was stupid.

And also I know you’re a Rhody fan. Just being sarcastic and busting your balls.

Just going to be a painful few months so the ball busting will have to get us through.
2 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

Rhody19/21 wrote: 2 years ago Anyone of +- of the players today? Specifically wanna see Thomas’ +-
He was a +11.

Single-game +/- can sometimes be deceiving, but in this case, I think that number matches the eye test.
Last edited by SmartyBarrett 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
4 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

bigappleram wrote: 2 years ago
Cmon man. Just bc every person isn’t saying burn the place down it doesn’t make them a Friar fan.

It is extremely rare for a college hoops coach to get fired in season. And it won’t happen in this case at URI. It’s futile to carry on about that scenario. When UConn fired Ollie I am sure they knew 10 games in that it was going that way and they waited til season ended. Do they not think big? It’s just not happening.
A coach who leaves mid-season and is given a buy-out WAS FIRED! UMd and Turgeon fabricated the story of his departure because it was in the best interest of both. You never fire a coach mid-season for job performance only some other immoral or unethical act that is an embarrassment to the University, and you never give him a buy-out. This was not the case here. Boosters wanted Turgeon fired for job performance. This was the best outcome for Mark who still wants to coach on the big stage, and for UMd.
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
PCFriars
Jeff Kent

Unread post by PCFriars »

Now I’m certainly not saying this kid is the next Jeff Dowtin or even a surefire starter.

But he was our clear best player today and the coach didn’t recognize that. A common theme from the past few years.
I was really impressed with Thomas today. I think the ceiling is fairly low, but he can be a very, very good backup PG on a good team. Similar to what Breed is for PC now.
0 x
Native
ARD

Unread post by Native »

PCFriars wrote: 2 years ago I was really impressed with Thomas today. I think the ceiling is fairly low, but he can be a very, very good backup PG on a good team. Similar to what Breed is for PC now.
The compliment that you offer regarding Sebastian Thomas is so feeble that it amounts to no compliment at all.

You may think you are being clever, but it strikes me as though you are just being a jerk.

Providence College won Saturday afternoon; if you are truly a PC fan, be happy with that.

The kid you are damning with faint praise is a true freshman from Rhode Island who is like at the bottom of the URI rotation and who played his heart out today.

Enough already with the snide comments.
2 x
PCFriars
Jeff Kent

Unread post by PCFriars »

Huh?

As I said earlier today, I recognize I’m not welcome here and thus I will go back to reading and not posting.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Just starting to get over the disappointing loss but it always takes time after this game.

I agree. It’s been said but maybe not articulated well - because we have no PG we’re going to win games we shoot 50% from 3 and lose the games we don’t.

You’re right about PC. Good not great, but they played harder and adjusted matchups.

Trying to put a Mitchell on Horchler was stupid. Change the lineup. Put Martin or Walker on him since he’s a stretch 4 and their best 3 point shooter. The Mitchell’s were out of their element and that caused them to take stupid fouls away from the basket. They should not have been anywhere outside the paint…and if that means you only play one Mitchell at a time than you only play one Mitchell at a time.

And also I know you’re a Rhody fan. Just being sarcastic and busting your balls.

Just going to be a painful few months so the ball busting will have to get us through.
Yes Blue Man I know that and understand, as a Rhody fan it can be an emotional rollercoaster.

I still say this roster has talent but sometimes they just can't seem to get out of their own way.

I also feel that this team is capable of making a lot of noise in A10 play.

Let's start by winning the next 4 OOC games, that is critical

Bottom line, the HC is accountable, let's see how things shake out.
0 x
Rhody22
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Rhody22 »

Yes Blue Man I know that and understand, as a Rhody fan it can be an emotional rollercoaster.

I still say this roster has talent but sometimes they just can't seem to get out of their own way.

This is what we hear after every loss: We had a bad game. Let’s win the next x games and we’re back in it. We can win the A10. We’re more talented than what we’ve shown.

Can we just be realistic and see that we are not a very good team? We sooooo overrate any recruit who puts us on their list and when someone chooses us, they get compared to some of our greats!
5 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Rhody22 wrote: 2 years ago

This is what we hear after every loss: We had a bad game. Let’s win the next x games and we’re back in it. We can win the A10. We’re more talented than what we’ve shown.

Can we just be realistic and see that we are not a very good team? We sooooo overrate any recruit who puts us on their list and when someone chooses us, they get compared to some of our greats!
You sound like you are throwing in the towel, I am just not there yet.

I will continue to root for our team, but I am also realistic about our chances.
As I have said many times, I still don't think this is our year.
Even the top projected teams in the A10 have had their struggles, so yeah, I guess anything is possible.
0 x
damram
Kenny Green

Unread post by damram »

52 points will not win many games.
2 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

damram wrote: 2 years ago 52 points will not win many games.
…….neither will 29 points……just sayin…….reference ASU……
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

JimSidd wrote: 2 years ago Back to today’s game. As others have already stated, it has become clear that Sheppard can’t be the main point guard: maybe for short durations, but that’s it. The ball sticks to him and it hinders any offensive flow. Things were definitely better today when he was on the bench.
As for Thomas, I do feel there could be a “more is less” situation if his minutes increase, as he is not a fully polished player yet. He has earned getting at least 20 minutes a game, though.
As for the Mitchells, what does Belichick say? The best ability is availability. They simply have to learn to play without fouling. The answer? Watch more film? Reminders from coaches at practice? Play with more poise and not let emotions get the best of them? I would submit all of the above. They’re good for at least one foul per game 75 feet away from the basket. They have to avoid those cheap fouls that have no purpose.

YOU R RIGHT ON ALL POINTS!!!!

The question is- why did we go into the season with no “interim “ answer for the point guard position?.

Are the Mitchell’s bad bb IQ the result of their not being able to change , or the coaching being ineffective? Or perhaps playing so many cupcakes and little experience in “real games”.
1 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

JimSidd wrote: 2 years ago Back to today’s game. As others have already stated, it has become clear that Sheppard can’t be the main point guard: maybe for short durations, but that’s it. The ball sticks to him and it hinders any offensive flow. Things were definitely better today when he was on the bench.

YOU R RIGHT ON ALL POINTS!!!!

The question is- why did we go into the season with no “interim “ answer for the point guard position?.

Are the Mitchell’s bad bb IQ the result of their not being able to change , or the coaching being ineffective? Or perhaps playing so many cupcakes and little experience in “real games”.
0 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

Rhody_NYCT wrote: 2 years ago There's so much bitching and moaning on this board. We lost. We played like crap. I can get into the details but it's not worth it. We had a bad game. Hopefully we can get better.

So why are you on this board?
2 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

damram wrote: 2 years ago 52 points will not win many games.
…….neither will 29 points……just sayin…….reference ASU……

I say hire Bobby now ! He must be available!
0 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

The season CAN turnaround but I am doubtful it will - starting Thomas would make things better but I don’t think Cox will do it. I don’t think having a guy who is the best facilitator for the offense come off the bench makes any sense, particularly where the other guys just can’t get things going. This is not to say the other guards lack skill, I actually think we have a really talented guard group and they would be made better playing with a true PG (who btw also seems to do all the little things the right way as well).
2 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

rhodylaw wrote: 2 years ago The season CAN turnaround but I am doubtful it will - starting Thomas would make things better but I don’t think Cox will do it. I don’t think having a guy who is the best facilitator for the offense come off the bench makes any sense, particularly where the other guys just can’t get things going. This is not to say the other guards lack skill, I actually think we have a really talented guard group and they would be made better playing with a true PG (who btw also seems to do all the little things the right way as well).
Agree with everything but the first point.

The season cannot turn around. Schedule is too weak, A10 is too weak.

We have a Q4 and Q3 loss, and have at most 3 Q1, but probably 2 Q1 games remaining.

At best, a 2-1 Q1 record with a Q3 and Q4 loss is a first four out resume.
2 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
Rhody_NYCT
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Rhody_NYCT »

McRam wrote: 2 years ago
Rhody_NYCT wrote: 2 years ago There's so much bitching and moaning on this board. We lost. We played like crap. I can get into the details but it's not worth it. We had a bad game. Hopefully we can get better.

So why are you on this board?
That's a great question. Mostly for recruiting news and a handful of other threads. I try to not get too involved in other stuff. That said, I am a big fan and this board is a type of entertainment for me. So I do appreciate KB. Moving on from the Providence thread now.
0 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

Rhody22 wrote: 2 years ago

You are correct. If it is a player on URI we make them out to be much more than they are. Sheppard, Carey, Walker, Martin, the Twins. They just aren't that good. I don't think the remainder of the non conference games mean a thing. It is win the A-10 tournament or go nowhere. We are a middle of the pack A-10 team that needs to reset. I'm not sure if lost any player on this current team due to a coaching change other than Ish(who I still believe in) it would matter.
0 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

It just seems like a collection of players thrown together. There's some talent there; but not as much as we thought. We have guys that can do some good things; but are allowed to try to do more than they can do (Mitchells bringing the ball up court etc). Are our bigs as good as we think they are? Look what happened when we played against some bigs that could play yesterday. Who is our "go-to" guy? After 9 games there is nobody that has stepped up; how do you win like that? Guys need to have defined rolls (as R72 pointed out BTW). I am not optimistic. That being said we need to see the year thru. One last thing: the concept that a team can run without a PG or with a collection of them is crazy to me.
5 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Thomas played 13 minutes, and he was our best player out there. Doesn't matter though. Same deal we talked about with Walker.

This is the kind of robotic move by Cox that is infuriating to say the least.

But it's nothing new. Would Bozeman do this?

I think not. Cox has to promise and deliver major PT to get guys to come here, otherwise they won't or they will leave. So it hurts the team.

I would rather have a prick who wins, versus a nice guy who doesn't.

See Calhoun and Auriemma......I've met them and they aren't nice people.

But they are great coaches who win and win big.

Harrick could be charming but he also could be an asshole. Same with Dan. I'm sure their players knew.

This isn't a popularity contest.
Last edited by rambone 78 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

reef wrote: 2 years ago

Sorry not going to happen, nothing to gain by it. It would make zero sense and Thorr doesn't operate by pure emotion or on a whim.
There would be much player dissension and probably lose most of your roster at the end of the semester.
Unlike Turgeon, David Cox is a very likeable guy, also URI isn't Maryland.
What to gain?

It would prove this “bar” of championships wasn’t lip service and that we have expectations and standards. That we expect to compete and will not settle. Maybe it generates a boost from some donors.

Again. YOU DO NOT HIRE A COACH TO KEEP A ROSTER.

Find the right guy. Like Hurley was. This is a rebuild now.

Go get a hot younger coach or a buzzworthy name like Miller.

You don’t hire coaches for likability. This is basketball not an etiquette class. You hire them to win.

Unfortunately the NET doesn’t take being a great person into account, so you need to actually be a good coach.
This is a fantastic point , if we were to make a move now then we could get the pick of the litter of the top coaches who are sitting out right now like an Archie Miller . If we wait then we risk not getting our guy who could get scooped up earlier in the hiring process
How early do you think other schools are going to hire? If we move on from Cox we're going to make the announcement the Monday or Tuesday after the A10 tournament, which means we're going to be one of the first schools hiring a new coach even then
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago
theblueram wrote: 2 years ago

Who cares who leaves? It's not like these players are URI 4 year stars. Thorr may not be the only one making decisions. And I hope that is true.
I think a local kid like Bassy could stay. He wanted to play here, for URI, not necessarily for the coach. I'd love to watch how he develops.
I agree with this I’m not worried at all about Bassy transferring , he’s one of the only kids who grew up wanting to play for URI
Don't be surprised if that's not true and he's gone with a coaching change
0 x
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

This has already been stated by others, but there is no need to worry about Q1 or any other Q. The only way this team gets into the NCAA tournament is getting hot for likely four days and winning the A10 tournament.
4 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Doesn't matter RR2...maybe some guys could use some coaching up in order to actually win games against better teams?

So we lose Bassy and Chance? It's a chance you have to take. [Sorry for the play on words lol]

The new coach has to reestablish a winning culture....he'll do it his way. And it will take time, whether we like it or not.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Rhody72 wrote: 2 years ago
rambone 78 wrote: 2 years ago Cox has his predefined roles for his players.

Doesn't matter how they are playing in any particular game.

Makes zero sense, but that's him. He's not going to change.

I hate to be proven right when it comes to Cox. But here we are.
I agree with you. Cox lacks the ruthlessness to be a head coach. He makes commitments to recruits and he is honor bound to keep them. But that is not the reason D1 head coaches are paid more than University Presidents. He is a smart and quality person who will learn from this experience, but not here.
Somebody who has been very successful in the URI athletic department said Cox was too nice to be a successful head coach. It appears that person is right
3 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Again, I have talked to several at URI that know what they are talking about when it comes to the BB program.

And they all say that a change will have to come....NONE were optimistic about the direction of the program.

Just a matter of time.
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Honest question, what is critical about the next four games? I don't see how there's any material difference between going 4-0, 0-4, or any record in between. This season is all about the conference now, trying to get the highest seed possible for the conference tournament, and trying to go on a run in DC if Cox is to keep his job.

I understand it's not going to happen, but outside of injuries or foul trouble, Thomas should be playing 30+ minutes a game these next four games. The games don't matter, so get him as much run as possible before conference play starts to get a better idea of what we may or may not have with him and to get him more experience before conference play starts
0 x
RhodyFanNotAlum
Kenny Green

Unread post by RhodyFanNotAlum »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 years ago
Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago

I think a local kid like Bassy could stay. He wanted to play here, for URI, not necessarily for the coach. I'd love to watch how he develops.
I agree with this I’m not worried at all about Bassy transferring , he’s one of the only kids who grew up wanting to play for URI
Agree — we've already seen less or similarly talented players transfer out of this program for any number of reasons. Nothing is surprising anymore when it comes to the portal.
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

RhodyFanNotAlum wrote: 2 years ago

Agree — we've already seen less or similarly talented players transfer out of this program for any number of reasons. Nothing is surprising anymore when it comes to the portal.
No, nothing is surprising, but as I've said, whereas all the other players came here because of Cox, Bassy came here because he loves the school and the basketball program, another reason I like him so much.
1 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Let’s see if we have a new coach before worrying about transfers. We don’t have one superstar on this team. We have some good role players and solid starters. Losing some would suck because I love some of these guys, but talent-wise we can replace them. We need a coach that brings in players that fit his system. A coach with an identity.

Do whatever we can to land Archie!!
2 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Honest question, what is critical about the next four games? I don't see how there's any material difference between going 4-0, 0-4, or any record in between. This season is all about the conference now, trying to get the highest seed possible for the conference tournament, and trying to go on a run in DC if Cox is to keep his job.

I understand it's not going to happen, but outside of injuries or foul trouble, Thomas should be playing 30+ minutes a game these next four games. The games don't matter, so get him as much run as possible before conference play starts to get a better idea of what we may or may not have with him and to get him more experience before conference play starts
I just feel that winning the next 4 games will give them some confidence and momentum going into conference play. Besides I plan on driving down to DC for the Charleston game and don’t want it to be a depressing couple of days.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

After yesterday's game, get ready for zone defenses and 3/4 press in the next 4 games. At least that's what opposing coaches should do.
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago After yesterday's game, get ready for zone defenses and 3/4 press in the next 4 games. At least that's what opposing coaches should do.
…….did we seem to crumble a bit with their press defense with the double teams…….?
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Does a bear sh*t in the woods? You can add their zone defense.
Last edited by eli#10 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

[quote=eli#10 post_id=495028 time=1638729506 user_id=54
[/quote]
0 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

If we are worried that an ok to decent freshman PG with limited offense is going to transfer, we are worse off than I thought.

This is one of the weakest group of guards we have had in my 30 years watching the team.

Yep, get used to the press…

Despite our height we suck at rebounding.

Yesterday we were just cold from 3 had many decent shots that did not fall.

Not sure the twins should play more than a 10-12 min a game together as they are too foul prone. Start Walker.
Last edited by RIFan 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
3 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Bassy definitely needs more than 13 minutes would like to see him get about 20

The Twins are talented but as others have said need to play without fouling and cut down on turnovers
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

If opponents start playing the 3/4 press more, we will turn it over even more, especially with Mr. Clueless playing our best ball handler 13 minutes a game.

We are going to lose many conference road games going forward.

Does anyone doubt this any more?
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

RIFan wrote: 2 years ago If we are worried that an ok to decent freshman PG with limited offense is going to transfer, we are worse off than I thought.

This is one of the weakest group of guards we have had in my 30 years watching the team.

Yep, get used to the press…

Despite our height we suck at rebounding.

Yesterday we were just cold from 3 had many decent shots that did not fall.

Not sure the twins should play more than a 10-12 min a game together as they are too foul prone. Start Walker.
That's the killer ... "despite our height we..."
0 x