David Cox officially let go by URI (formerly, "Fire Cox")

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Re: FIRE COX

Unread post by ramster »

TruePoint wrote: 2 years ago
DC_Rams wrote: 2 years ago
ramster wrote: 2 years ago

I despised the title Jim Baron 2.0. 99% of posters were very down on Hurley. As 1% I supported Hurley and urged to wait for the season to end. Rest is history. Then the thread got locked.

This is the same or worse to have Capital Letters FIRE COX. Just title it "David Cox" is all that is needed with no CAPS. Capitalizing means SCREAMING or LOUD to FIRE COX.

We are only 7 games into the season. We are 5-2. Ranked #3 in A10 by Ken Pom. It is very early. A long way to go.
Remaining OOC with only 2 games at home. Let's play out the season before firing the coach, as we learned from Jim Baron 2.0
@ Harvard
@ PC
Sacred Heart
@ Milwaukee
(N) College of Charleston
Brown

Players, fans, visitors from other team message boards, families of players/coaches, friends or players/coaches, etc read the boards. I get commenting on the Coaches and Players - just don't feel right about a FIRE COX title.

David Cox or David Cox Performance as a title would suffice imho.

Jim Baron 2.0 was not capitalized by the way

I hope we get to kill and lock this thread up too

viewtopic.php?t=6468
They’re all safe hiding behind keyboards.

Your message will fall on deaf ears, however, I certainly appreciate the civility and level headed approach.

Nobody is, like, challenging the coach to a duel lol. “Safe behind keyboards”?

This board exists so that fans can have a place to talk about the team and say what they want to say about it. It’s not for the coaches, players and their families - they’re obviously all welcome but that’s not its purpose and they can read or not read but what fans say here shouldn’t be heavily influenced by that - within reason (obviously there have been times when stuff posted here has crossed the line and we’ve had to address that). But I think fans expressing frustration about where the program is at isn’t only in bounds but it is part of the reason why this space even exists in the first place.
And if fans want to disagree with those who disparage the coach then that is ok too. Right?
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago
adam914 wrote: 2 years ago
RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 years ago
Forget after the Fordham loss in 2016-17, after scanning that thread quickly, anybody that thinks this thread and board are bad now are simply incapable of reading this board from December of 2016.

I find it interesting that the two most positive people in that thread (BlueMan and I) are the most negative people now...
That thread was a fun trip down memory lane, including what remains my personal best post of all time (in my humble opinion of course) viewtopic.php?p=316752#p316752

I was trying to find the one where someone called me a Hurley ball licker, but it must have been in a different thread or maybe it got deleted. That was fun to.
We got what we wanted, and Hurley got what he wanted. Nothing like a little fire under that coaches ass to get them moving.
Sure, like this Board did that.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

KeaneyBluBallz wrote: 2 years ago
Exeter ram wrote: 2 years ago Right on Ramster,let’s hold on to our hopes. With more discipline and some slight adjustments we could be good. Telling week ahead. Go rams
but there isn't and there isn't so we're average. soooooooo there's that.

3 games in the next 7 days. BIG week. Big Week. can't emphasize that enough. Go 0-3 over the next 7days and this campaign is over well before Christmas.

I'd love to see 3-0 but it's up to the boys in the Keaney Blue.
I thought it was over now and the coach is supposed to be fired.
0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

UCONN struggling with lowly UMES right now. No excuses, fire the Coach! UCONN should be up by 175 points by now.

This is the logic used here, so let’s adopt it across the country.

P.S. Ace, I love DH.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Exeter ram wrote: 2 years ago Right on Ramster,let’s hold on to our hopes. With more discipline and some slight adjustments we could be good. Telling week ahead. Go rams
It's confusing, but I think they're renaming the thread to some long-@ss name that makes more sense?

3 games in the next 7 days. BIG week. Big Week. can't emphasize that enough. Go 0-3 over the next 7days and this campaign is over well before Christmas.

0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago
SGreenwell wrote: 2 years ago

I mean... They seem like different topics to me. One thread is calling for Cox to be fired, while the other is just about him. There is overlap in those two topics, which we typically - but not always - allow. If you find an entire topic distasteful, I suggest resisting the temptation to visit it.
FIRE COX is distasteful. Team is ranked #1 in RPI in the A10 and we have FIRE COX as a thread. Might as well fire all A10 coaches after only 7 games played.

And while we are at it why did you delete my comment from the thread when you deleted the Covid comments? My comments had nothing to do with Covid yet you deleted mine. No problem I put it right back. Guess you didn’t like it.
I agree the title/thread is dumb, but please don’t use RPI as a metric. That is extremely outdated and nobody uses that anymore at all.
It is the same one as used before for dozens of years. I know URI being #1 is going to bother posters, especially those who are trolls and those who want Cox fired now. Got to be tough seeing URI #1, 5-2 and with the 3rd toughest Strength of Schedule among A10 Teams. If it doesn't fit the troll narrative then trash it too along with the coach.

RPI has also been used for the highly popular Weekly "Games of Interest" Thread for years as one of several metrics. Sad it makes posters upset when it favors URI but I understand perfectly why.

NET - NA (112 Last Season)
RPI - 34, up 5
BPI - 83, up 23
Pomeroy - 80, up 15.
Sagarin - 89, up 13.
Last edited by ramster 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

It's confusing, but I think they're renaming the thread to some long-@ss name that makes more sense?

It's confusing, but I think they're renaming the thread to some long-@ss name that (supposedly) makes more sense?
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

I mean... They seem like different topics to me. One thread is calling for Cox to be fired, while the other is just about him. There is overlap in those two topics, which we typically - but not always - allow. If you find an entire topic distasteful, I suggest resisting the temptation to visit it.
FIRE COX is distasteful. Team is ranked #1 in RPI in the A10 and we have FIRE COX as a thread. Might as well fire all A10 coaches after only 7 games played.

And while we are at it why did you delete my comment from the thread when you deleted the Covid comments? My comments had nothing to do with Covid yet you deleted mine. No problem I put it right back. Guess you didn’t like it.
It's not after 7 games, it's after 95 games played.
Then why is it just coming out now? We are 5-2, ranked #1 in the A10 in RPI, #3 Strength of schedule and we have only played 7 games. Oh I know, you just joined the board 4 weeks ago or you would have posted a thread like this already? Welcome to the board - fitting right in with the negative Nancy's. Great.

On top of that after only 4 weeks as a poster you come on the Football Board and trash that program too. Best season in many, many years just missing the FCS Playoffs by 1 game and you come talking about cancelling football and using the money for other stuff. Perfect timing for Negative Nancy to troll the Football Board.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago

Forget after the Fordham loss in 2016-17, after scanning that thread quickly, anybody that thinks this thread and board are bad now are simply incapable of reading this board from December of 2016.

I find it interesting that the two most positive people in that thread (BlueMan and I) are the most negative people now...
You think maybe it just means we're all about what's best for the program and have a pretty good hit rate on calling it like we see it?
So in the Jim Baron 2.0 thread I supported giving Hurley the year while most all were running him out of town.

Now I say let Cox have the year - so how is that any different? It is not.
No one is actually saying fire him mid year - that doesn’t happen and that is understood.

Unless you’re asking how Cox and Hurley were different, but I feel like that’s apparent.
2 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 years ago Mongo can you please change the title of this thread to FIRE COX IN APRIL IF THE TEAM DOES NOT PULL AN NCAA APPEARANCE OUT OF ITS ASS THAT WE HAVE NO REALISTIC REASON TO EXPECT AT THIS POINT BASED ON WHAT WE HAVE SEEN OVER THE LAST FOUR YEARS

Thank you
Nah,
Don't change it.

Leave it the fuck alone so asshole can be happy. I'm sure if the team shows success it will be because of this fucking sad ass disgusting thread - worst thread since Jim Baron 2.0. Hope it gets locked just like the Jim Baron 2.0 thread that so many, many posters were dead wrong on.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

You think maybe it just means we're all about what's best for the program and have a pretty good hit rate on calling it like we see it?
So in the Jim Baron 2.0 thread I supported giving Hurley the year while most all were running him out of town.

One was progressing. The other is regressing.
3 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

It's not after 7 games, it's after 95 games played.
Then why is it just coming out now? We are 5-2, ranked #1 in the A10 in RPI, #3 Strength of schedule and we have only played 7 games. Oh I know, you just joined the board 4 weeks ago or you would have posted a thread like this already? Welcome to the board - fitting right in with the negative Nancy's. Great.

On top of that after only 4 weeks as a poster you come on the Football Board and trash that program too. Best season in many, many years just missing the FCS Playoffs by 1 game and you come talking about cancelling football and using the money for other stuff. Perfect timing for Negative Nancy to troll the Football Board.
You’re right. Fuck em. Fuck the rams. Fuck dc. Fuck everything uri And fuck you too while im at it. :roll:

Fwiw, uri fb trashed themselves. They didn’t need my help.

Truth hurts sometimes, bunky.
0 x
:lol:
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

I agree the title/thread is dumb, but please don’t use RPI as a metric. That is extremely outdated and nobody uses that anymore at all.
It is the same one as used before for dozens of years. I know URI being #1 is going to bother posters, especially those who are trolls and those who want Cox fired now. Got to be tough seeing URI #1, 5-2 and with the 3rd toughest Strength of Schedule among A10 Teams. If it doesn't fit the troll narrative then trash it too along with the coach.

RPI has also been used for the highly popular Weekly "Games of Interest" Thread for years as one of several metrics. Sad it makes posters upset when it favors URI but I understand perfectly why.

RPI - 34, up 5
BPI - 83, up 23
Pomeroy - 80, up 15.
Sagarin - 89, up 13.

I’m not in the Fire Cox camp, I just don’t like using RPI because it is outdated.

Also, why is RPI still listed in looking at URI metrics but KenPom isn’t?? Been wondering that all season so far.
0 x
Go Rhody
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

They’re all safe hiding behind keyboards.

Your message will fall on deaf ears, however, I certainly appreciate the civility and level headed approach.

Nobody is, like, challenging the coach to a duel lol. “Safe behind keyboards”?

This board exists so that fans can have a place to talk about the team and say what they want to say about it. It’s not for the coaches, players and their families - they’re obviously all welcome but that’s not its purpose and they can read or not read but what fans say here shouldn’t be heavily influenced by that - within reason (obviously there have been times when stuff posted here has crossed the line and we’ve had to address that). But I think fans expressing frustration about where the program is at isn’t only in bounds but it is part of the reason why this space even exists in the first place.
And if fans want to disagree with those who disparage the coach then that is ok too. Right?
Of course?

ETA: although I don’t know if anyone has disparaged the coach. This really isn’t about the coach, personally. It’s more about the overall state and direction of the program. Unfortunately the coach is face of the program and the person most responsible for its success or failure, so it’s the coach who gets the glory or the blame. I don’t have anything bad at all to say about David Cox as a human being. I just think if URI cares about its basketball program then they are likely going to have to evaluate who is running after this season.
2 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago

Dead wrong. Go read Jim Baron 2.0 all 23 pages. It was full of posters trashing Hurley well BEFORE the season was over. Really, go back and read it. You will see familiar names trashing him over and over and over again.

Same thing is happening here. Go for it. After 7 games, 7 GAMES!!!! we have a bunch of posters calling for firing the Head Coach with a 5-2 record?

Where was this thread last year? the year before? Why now?

Makes NO sense to me that you have a 5-2 record, #29 ranked RPI and #1 RPI in the A10, both Mitchell's in the starting line up and playing well with significant upside, Walker playing well off the bench, Martin playing well off the bench, Sheppard, Leggett and El Amin all shooting the 3P well and the entire team passing the ball unselfishly. Defense is improved over last season too.

But NOW you want to start a fire the coach thread? Really?

Total nonsense. But whatever floats you boat.

To me let the season play itself out. No need for a Fire the Coach thread 7 games into the season. Worst title thread since Jim Baron 2.0. Congrats.
1 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Dead wrong. Go read Jim Baron 2.0 all 23 pages. It was full of posters trashing Hurley well BEFORE the season was over. Really, go back and read it. You will see familiar names trashing him over and over and over again.

Same thing is happening here. Go for it. After 7 games, 7 GAMES!!!! we have a bunch of posters calling for firing the Head Coach with a 5-2 record?

Makes NO sense to me that you have a 5-2 records, #29 ranked RPI and #1 RPI in the A10, both Mitchell's in the starting line up and playing well with significant upside, Walker playing well off the bench, Martin playing well off the bench, Sheppard, Leggett and El Amin all shooting the 3P well and the entire team passing the ball unselfishly. Defense is improved over last season too.

To me let the season play itself out. No need for Fire the Coach thread 7 games into the season.
Because they are all former head coaches and know all the intimate inner workings of the program. Duh. They know everything. Cox knows shit, and you can’t tell them any different.

This place is full of posters who create false narratives, and are dumb enough to run with it as if it is fact, simply because they do not know or understand. Full of John Wooten’s here…. :roll:

Case in point — The Twins are playing great, now all of a sudden it’s start Walker or FIRE THE COACH or he’s incompetent, or he’s just a recruiter. Starting Walker won’t change the minutes distribution. The twin towers are still ranking as two of the top shot blockers in the country. You RUN WITH THAT NARRATIVE.

Folks want to be something they are not so bad, they truly can’t see past their noses.

Ramster, you are alright with me, man. Keep fighting the. Good fight. Fair weather you are not.

I know, I know….spare me with the Cox faithful bullshit, say something original.
Last edited by DC_Rams 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

ramster wrote: 2 years ago And while we are at it why did you delete my comment from the thread when you deleted the Covid comments? My comments had nothing to do with Covid yet you deleted mine. No problem I put it right back. Guess you didn’t like it.
Sorry - Since there were 20+ off-topic posts, it got lumped in with them accidentally. I'll re-post it below:
Ramster wrote:This Fire Cox thread originated with the loss to Florida Gulf Coast on Tuesday Night

Thoughts and observations on that game:
We were only favored by 4.5 points in a true road game. We lost by 1 point - a 5.5 point gap.

We shot only 3-15 on all important 3P's. Sheppard 1-6 and Martin 0-4. Sheppard did not have the type of game he had in Daytona shooting only 3-10 FG with 4 Turnovers and never got to the FT line to score only 7 points.
Defensively I saw El-Amin start guarding Tavian Dunn-Martin, then Sheppard, Leggett sometimes switched off on Dunn-Martin, sometimes Martin and Thomas. Dunn-Marin scored 26 on 8-13 shooting but did commit 6 costly Turnovers.
FGCU hit 11-26 3P's for 33 points via 3P's while we had only 9 points on 3P's.

We could have had this game in the last 2 minutes doing some good things and some not so good:

1:50 left down 60-62 Malik Martin fouled big man Kevin Samuel who hit 1 of 2 FTs making it 60-63

1:25 left El-Amin made a nice drive to the middle and hit about a 8' jumper in the lane - huge clutch shot to make it 62-63

:33 left After a Dunn-Martin miss Makhi Mitchell with a great dunk assisted by Makhel to make it 64-63 Rhody!!!

:20 left Dunn-Martin gets a layup - ARRRGGGHHHH!! 64-65 we are behind

:07 left Malik Martin gets fouled and hits a huge, huge FT to tie the game and FGCU calls timeout to ice Martin

:07 left Martin makes the 2nd FT putting URI ahead!!!!!

:03 seconds left Sheppard fouls Dunn-Martin about 15 feet from the half court line. Inexplicably.

:03 seconds left Dunn-Martin calmly sinks the first to tie and URI calls timeout to ice Dunn-Martin

:03 seconds left Dunn-Martin calmly sinks the 2nd FT to make it 66-67

:02 seconds left Dunn-Martin smartly fouls since FGCU had a foul to give running time off the clock

At buzzer Makhi Mitchell gets off about a 28' 3P attempt whereby he had a good look at the hoop. Shot was on line and just a little bit long hitting the back of the rim. Could easily have been a huge game winner but just missed. Good play call by URI and execution

Bottom line we lost on the road to a team we were 4.5 points favored over. We had an off shooting night compared to our norm. We learned a lot from this loss.

The foul by Sheppard was not good at all. The URI Coach did not call for that foul, I am sure of it. Just a mistake by a guy who made the All Tournament Team in Daytona 2 days earlier. He knows he shouldn't have done that.

I do not think this game result warranted a FIRE COX thread. I don't think we should have a FIRE COX thread at all at any time all season.

Thorr Bjorn did not extend David Cox' Contract nor give him a pay increase after last season. I am pretty sure that David Cox must make the NCAA Tournament this year to get a Contract Extension and without a Contract Extension will likely move on. But I also think he deserves this season to make the NCAA Tournament just like I said of Dan Hurley in the Jim Baron 2.0 immortal thread when the majority of posters here were very down on Hurley.

Let the season play out. Give the Coaching Staff and the Players support as they focus on making the NCAA Tournament. If David Cox gets close by winning 24 games or more and just misses the NCAA then sure there could be some situation whereby he gets a Contract Extension but more than likely it will be David Cox either wins the A10 Tournament or comes up fairly short of that goal. We will know in 3.5 months. The decision will likely be pretty straightforward by then.

This team can do it. They can win the A10 Tournament. Likely the only way any of the 14 A10 Teams make the NCAA Tournament is to win the A10 Tournament in March. Likely only 1 team goes from the A10 so why not us? Why not URI?

The Mitchell Brothers are talented. They are big, quick, can shoot, pass, rebound and block shots. They enjoy playing together and are clearly enjoying themselves. We have 3 point shooters in Sheppard, Leggett, El-Amin, Walker and Martin. We have experience and we have Martin and Walker with excellent experience and good attitudes coming off the bench as the 6th and 7th men. We are playing unselfish basketball and a number of players have 10+ assists. URI could win the A10 and they might not win the A10 but I'd bet on this team more than I would the teams of the last 3 years..

Thorr and the URI President will make the right moves. We don't need to help them make their decision especially after only 6 games. The A10 Tournament is the key for every A10 Team. I'm giving this team the benefit of the doubt until they lose in the A10 Tournament.
0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

ramster wrote: 2 years ago And while we are at it why did you delete my comment from the thread when you deleted the Covid comments? My comments had nothing to do with Covid yet you deleted mine. No problem I put it right back. Guess you didn’t like it.
Sorry - Since there were 20+ off-topic posts, it got lumped in with them accidentally. I'll re-post it below:
Ramster wrote:This Fire Cox thread originated with the loss to Florida Gulf Coast on Tuesday Night

Thoughts and observations on that game:
We were only favored by 4.5 points in a true road game. We lost by 1 point - a 5.5 point gap.

We shot only 3-15 on all important 3P's. Sheppard 1-6 and Martin 0-4. Sheppard did not have the type of game he had in Daytona shooting only 3-10 FG with 4 Turnovers and never got to the FT line to score only 7 points.
Defensively I saw El-Amin start guarding Tavian Dunn-Martin, then Sheppard, Leggett sometimes switched off on Dunn-Martin, sometimes Martin and Thomas. Dunn-Marin scored 26 on 8-13 shooting but did commit 6 costly Turnovers.
FGCU hit 11-26 3P's for 33 points via 3P's while we had only 9 points on 3P's.

We could have had this game in the last 2 minutes doing some good things and some not so good:

1:50 left down 60-62 Malik Martin fouled big man Kevin Samuel who hit 1 of 2 FTs making it 60-63

1:25 left El-Amin made a nice drive to the middle and hit about a 8' jumper in the lane - huge clutch shot to make it 62-63

:33 left After a Dunn-Martin miss Makhi Mitchell with a great dunk assisted by Makhel to make it 64-63 Rhody!!!

:20 left Dunn-Martin gets a layup - ARRRGGGHHHH!! 64-65 we are behind

:07 left Malik Martin gets fouled and hits a huge, huge FT to tie the game and FGCU calls timeout to ice Martin

:07 left Martin makes the 2nd FT putting URI ahead!!!!!

:03 seconds left Sheppard fouls Dunn-Martin about 15 feet from the half court line. Inexplicably.

:03 seconds left Dunn-Martin calmly sinks the first to tie and URI calls timeout to ice Dunn-Martin

:03 seconds left Dunn-Martin calmly sinks the 2nd FT to make it 66-67

:02 seconds left Dunn-Martin smartly fouls since FGCU had a foul to give running time off the clock

At buzzer Makhi Mitchell gets off about a 28' 3P attempt whereby he had a good look at the hoop. Shot was on line and just a little bit long hitting the back of the rim. Could easily have been a huge game winner but just missed. Good play call by URI and execution

Bottom line we lost on the road to a team we were 4.5 points favored over. We had an off shooting night compared to our norm. We learned a lot from this loss.

The foul by Sheppard was not good at all. The URI Coach did not call for that foul, I am sure of it. Just a mistake by a guy who made the All Tournament Team in Daytona 2 days earlier. He knows he shouldn't have done that.

I do not think this game result warranted a FIRE COX thread. I don't think we should have a FIRE COX thread at all at any time all season.

Thorr Bjorn did not extend David Cox' Contract nor give him a pay increase after last season. I am pretty sure that David Cox must make the NCAA Tournament this year to get a Contract Extension and without a Contract Extension will likely move on. But I also think he deserves this season to make the NCAA Tournament just like I said of Dan Hurley in the Jim Baron 2.0 immortal thread when the majority of posters here were very down on Hurley.

Let the season play out. Give the Coaching Staff and the Players support as they focus on making the NCAA Tournament. If David Cox gets close by winning 24 games or more and just misses the NCAA then sure there could be some situation whereby he gets a Contract Extension but more than likely it will be David Cox either wins the A10 Tournament or comes up fairly short of that goal. We will know in 3.5 months. The decision will likely be pretty straightforward by then.

This team can do it. They can win the A10 Tournament. Likely the only way any of the 14 A10 Teams make the NCAA Tournament is to win the A10 Tournament in March. Likely only 1 team goes from the A10 so why not us? Why not URI?

The Mitchell Brothers are talented. They are big, quick, can shoot, pass, rebound and block shots. They enjoy playing together and are clearly enjoying themselves. We have 3 point shooters in Sheppard, Leggett, El-Amin, Walker and Martin. We have experience and we have Martin and Walker with excellent experience and good attitudes coming off the bench as the 6th and 7th men. We are playing unselfish basketball and a number of players have 10+ assists. URI could win the A10 and they might not win the A10 but I'd bet on this team more than I would the teams of the last 3 years..

Thorr and the URI President will make the right moves. We don't need to help them make their decision especially after only 6 games. The A10 Tournament is the key for every A10 Team. I'm giving this team the benefit of the doubt until they lose in the A10 Tournament.
I guess Nevermind the fact that this crap should be merged with the other David Cox thread. It doesn’t require it’s own….
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

DC_Rams wrote: 2 years ago I guess Nevermind the fact that this crap should be merged with the other David Cox thread. It doesn’t require it’s own….
I mean, that's your opinion. I hope this thread looks foolish in a couple months. I suppose I'm more in the camp that doesn't think Cox is the answer, but I don't think the situation is irredeemable yet, like the final year of Baron. Cox has time to turn things around. But, I don't think it's outlandish to have this topic on a message board about URI basketball.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Makes NO sense to me that you have a 5-2 record, #29 ranked RPI and #1 RPI in the A10, both Mitchell's in the starting line up and playing well with significant upside, Walker playing well off the bench, Martin playing well off the bench, Sheppard, Leggett and El Amin all shooting the 3P well and the entire team passing the ball unselfishly. Defense is improved over last season too.

To me let the season play itself out. No need for a Fire the Coach thread 7 games into the season. Worst title thread since Jim Baron 2.0. Congrats.
Because this is year 4. It's pretty simple to see which direction the program has been, and is, heading. It's not 7 games Ramster. It's 7 games into year 4.
2 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

DC_Rams wrote: 2 years ago I guess Nevermind the fact that this crap should be merged with the other David Cox thread. It doesn’t require it’s own….
I mean, that's your opinion. I hope this thread looks foolish in a couple months. I suppose I'm more in the camp that doesn't think Cox is the answer, but I don't think the situation is irredeemable yet, like the final year of Baron. Cox has time to turn things around. But, I don't think it's outlandish to have this topic on a message board about URI basketball.
The reason I think this is a separate topic is because the David Cox thread is about David Cox. This thread is really about where the program is at and what should be done about it. Maybe people don’t like the title of the thread but I don’t think it’s our job to micromanage that stuff. The poster that started the thread can title it what they want, and people can participate in it or not. We will remove stuff that violates rules, we will merge topics if they are literally covering the exact same topic (ie, someone makes a second game thread or a second recruit thread for the same player), but otherwise we are not the publishers of this website (or at least I’m not, ATP can do what he wants) and the topics that are on the board and what people say in them (within certain very wide limits) is not something I’m interested in controlling. It’s a fan forum for fans to do fan stuff.
2 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Makes NO sense to me that you have a 5-2 records, #29 ranked RPI and #1 RPI in the A10, both Mitchell's in the starting line up and playing well with significant upside, Walker playing well off the bench, Martin playing well off the bench, Sheppard, Leggett and El Amin all shooting the 3P well and the entire team passing the ball unselfishly. Defense is improved over last season too.

To me let the season play itself out. No need for Fire the Coach thread 7 games into the season.
Because they are all former head coaches and know all the intimate inner workings of the program. Duh. They know everything. Cox knows shit, and you can't tell them any different.

This place is full of posters who create false narratives, and are dumb enough to run with it as if it is fact, simply because they do not know or understand. Full of John Wooten's here…. :roll:

Case in point — The Twins are playing great, now all of a sudden it's start Walker or FIRE THE COACH or he's incompetent, or he's just a recruiter. Starting Walker won't change the minutes distribution. The twin towers are still ranking as two of the top shot blockers in the country. You RUN WITH THAT NARRATIVE.

Folks want to be something they are not so bad, they truly can't see past their noses.

Ramster, you are alright with me, man. Keep fighting the. Good fight. Fair weather you are not.

I know, I know….spare me with the Cox faithful bullshit, say something original.

Say something original? You've said this they all think their head coaches shit and call people dumb fair-weather fans every day.

Once again, you exaggerate to try and prove your point. No one said, start Walker or fire Cox.. We finished 10th last year while Walker was underused, and it's happening again. So stop acting like this is some new thing. It's not.

I want Walker in the starting lineup because I think he's been our best player. I feel him starting, and more importantly, finishing games would translate to more wins. That doesn't make me dumb. It's my opinion..Regardless of starting, I said he needs to be playing more minutes. I provided stats and data on why I feel Walker deserves more than 19 minutes a game. I also offered an example of a team that plays with three bigs similar to ours. The twins are just as important, so of course, we don't want them playing less.

Explain to me why Walker doesn't deserve more minutes without insulting me. Basketball reasons. Why should Walker continue to play less than 20 minutes a game??
4 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

No one is actually saying fire him mid year - that doesn’t happen and that is understood.

Unless you’re asking how Cox and Hurley were different, but I feel like that’s apparent.
This is how I feel also , Cox definitely gets to finish the year out and then if no NCAAT then let’s get a different voice in here
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Yep, it’s his opinion

I think the thread looks foolish now, and always will.
1 week and 6 pages later CAPITAl LETTERS FIRE COX means get rid of him now. It doesn’t mean maybe, gingerly assess the situation in a couple of months and maybe I was right and so and so poster was wrong. It doesn’t matter which camp you might be in. It’s FIRE COX now. It can’t be any more obvious.

It hits people right where it’s meant to hit them square in the eyes.

Where was this Capital letter FIRE COX title last year when we went 10-15 in 10th place. That might have made some sense. But now??

We are 5-2, could be 6-1 except for one shot from being made last second. Or a technical foul that shouldn’t have happened. But we learn from those things.

Two 6’9” brothers who are playing for the first time at URI together on the court for the first time, starting together just as they did in HS and in AAU. They are only 7 games into doing this.

Team is passing unselfishly and many players getting assists. Offense isn’t going through - players as has been the strategy/practice the last 3 years.

Team and individual defense is improved

3 point shooting is much improved. Players are unselfishly passing to the open man for clear open looks at the hoop. Rare to see a 3P shot taken off balance, forced to beat the shit clock expiration, at least not through 7 games to date.

El-Amin has brought leadership, shooting skills and defensive intensity to the starting lineup.

Sebastian Thomas has surprised the coaching staff and fought his way out of redshirting. Thomas is in the gym practicing at 1am, 2am trying to better himself and the team.

Good news and stories are there if you want to see them.

Past 3 years are what they are.

Give this new look team a chance. 5-2 and many good things to see so far. This is not the 2020-2021 team it’s the 2021-22 team.

I truly believe if we had won the FGSU game that this FIRE COX thread would not exist. One road game brought it about.

It’s not outlandish to have a thread about the Head Coach. We agree.

It is outlandish to have a FIRE COX titled thread after only 7 games at 5-2.

The title sucks. The timing of this thread sucks.

And I’ve observed moderators change the wording of titles here many times including tweaking my own.

But fine, leave the title, great stuff but i among others are just as free and allowed to say what we think of the piece of shit title and the horrendous timing of it.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

The reason I think this is a separate topic is because the David Cox thread is about David Cox. This thread is really about where the program is at and what should be done about it. Maybe people don’t like the title of the thread but I don’t think it’s our job to micromanage that stuff. The poster that started the thread can title it what they want, and people can participate in it or not. We will remove stuff that violates rules, we will merge topics if they are literally covering the exact same topic (ie, someone makes a second game thread or a second recruit thread for the same player), but otherwise we are not the publishers of this website (or at least I’m not, ATP can do what he wants) and the topics that are on the board and what people say in them (within certain very wide limits) is not something I’m interested in controlling. It’s a fan forum for fans to do fan stuff.
Titles of threads have been modified in the past by moderators. But ok, leave it as it is.

Putting a Capital letter FIRE COX says fire him now.

Great stuff.

5-2. Ranked #1 in A10 in RPI. NET not out yet. Ranked #3 in strength of schedule in A10. True road games at FGSU, Milwaukee, PC and Harvard. Neutral games with Tulsa, Boston College and Charleston.

5-2 and we fire the coach.

Worst title thread since Jim Baron 2.0. No thread even close.
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Yep, it’s his opinion

1 week and 6 pages later CAPITAl LETTERS FIRE COX means get rid of him now. It doesn’t mean maybe, gingerly assess the situation in a couple of months and maybe I was right and so and so poster was wrong. It doesn’t matter which camp you might be in. It’s FIRE COX now. It can’t be any more obvious.

Where was this Capital letter FIRE COX title last year when we went 10-15 in 10th place. That might have made some sense. But now??

We are 5-2, could be 6-1 except for one shot from being made last second. Or a technical foul that shouldn’t have happened. But we learn from those things.

Two 6’9” brothers who are playing for the first time at URI together on the court for the first time, starting together just as they did in HS and in AAU. They are only 7 games into doing this.

Team is passing unselfishly and many players getting assists. Offense isn’t going through - players as has been the strategy/practice the last 3 years.

3 point shooting is much improved. Players are unselfishly passing to the open man for clear open looks at the hoop. Rare to see a 3P shot taken off balance, forced to beat the shit clock expiration, at least not through 7 games to date.

El-Amin has brought leadership, shooting skills and defensive intensity to the starting lineup.

Sebastian Thomas has surprised the coaching staff and fought his way out of redshirting. Thomas is in the gym practicing at 1am, 2am trying to better himself and the team.

Give this new look team a chance. 5-2 and many good things to see so far. This is not the 2020-2021 team it’s the 2021-22 team.

I truly believe if we had won the FGSU game that this FIRE COX thread would not exist. One road game brought it about.

And I’ve observed moderators change the wording of titles here many times including tweaking my own.

But fine, leave the title, great stuff but i among others are just as free and allowed to say what we think of the piece of shit title and the horrendous timing of it.
Thank you for your opinion. It's been heard. The topic isn't being closed or renamed.
7 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Titles of threads have been modified in the past by moderators. But ok, leave it as it is.

Great stuff.

5-2. Ranked #1 in A10 in RPI. NET not out yet. Ranked #3 in strength of schedule in A10. True road games at FGSU, Milwaukee, PC and Harvard. Neutral games with Tulsa, Boston College and Charleston.

Save your breath, they have an agenda to uphold.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Ramster and DC, why don’t you guys start another board and run it the way you want? It seems like you have some serious issues with this one so that may be a viable solution and you can make sure it only includes topics you want it to include.
4 x
RhodyFanNotAlum
Kenny Green

Unread post by RhodyFanNotAlum »

Yep, it’s his opinion

As I've said above, I thought we should have parted ways after last season, and I'll most likely still think so at the end of this season. I'm not going to waste time on here arguing that we fire him after every bad loss. But this thread is not the product of 7 games. It's the product of three disappointing seasons + 7 games.
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RhodyFanNotAlum wrote: 2 years ago

Yep, it’s his opinion

As I've said above, I thought we should have parted ways after last season, and I'll most likely still think so at the end of this season. I'm not going to waste time on here arguing that we fire him after every bad loss. But this thread is not the product of 7 games. It's the product of three disappointing seasons + 7 games.
So you would have fired him after 3 seasons?

And as I’ve said numerous times here to the same comment. Of course it’s after 3 seasons and 7 games. But why oh why would you post FIRE COX after going 5-2 and being ranked #1 among 14 A10 Teams in RPI?

Why not a FIRE COX previous? It came after a road game, 1 point loss to a team we were only favored over by 4 points. It’s a road game people. Most P6 teams won’t even play OOC games like this for good reason. Also a reason Ed Cooley never plays these games, plays cupcakes in OOC at home and then can’t win in the NCAA which he goes t even get to anymore.

I like this years team better than last years team by a considerable margin.

By the way FIRE COX threads do wonders for recruiting too :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

adam914 wrote: 2 years ago Ramster and DC, why don’t you guys start another board and run it the way you want? It seems like you have some serious issues with this one so that may be a viable solution and you can make sure it only includes topics you want it to include.
No.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Yep, it’s his opinion

Thank you for your opinion. It's been heard. The topic isn't being closed or renamed.
Why did you lock the Jim Baron 2.0 thread after Hurley proved 98% of the posters here who were trashing him wrong?

Never mind.

Keep it just as is. Reflects the negative Nancy majority here anyway so why not.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

adam914 wrote: 2 years ago Ramster and DC, why don’t you guys start another board and run it the way you want? It seems like you have some serious issues with this one so that may be a viable solution and you can make sure it only includes topics you want it to include.
No.
Ok, just trying to help! Personally I’d never spend so much time somewhere that I disliked so much, but to each their own.
1 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

RPI - 34, up 5
BPI - 83, up 23
Pomeroy - 80, up 15.
Sagarin - 89, up 13.

I’m not in the Fire Cox camp, I just don’t like using RPI because it is outdated.

Also, why is RPI still listed in looking at URI metrics but KenPom isn’t?? Been wondering that all season so far.
That's what Pomeroy is
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

No.
Ok, just trying to help!
As I’ve said keep the topic. Don’t change it. Perfectly reflects the majority here. Good for recruiting too
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

No.
Ok, just trying to help!
As I’ve said keep the topic. Don’t change it. Perfectly reflects the majority here. Good for recruiting too
Well you’re certainly doing your part in keeping this thread very active.
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RhodyKyle wrote: 2 years ago

RPI - 34, up 5
BPI - 83, up 23
Pomeroy - 80, up 15.
Sagarin - 89, up 13.

That's what Pomeroy is
Love how URI being ranked #1 among 14 A10 teams pisses off so many posters. Just really screws with their negativity agenda.

KenPom also uses last years data well into the season with its calculations. This is a different team than last year. Stands to be significantly better than that 10-15 team. Already showing improvement.
0 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

That's what Pomeroy is
Love how URI being ranked #1 among 14 A10 teams pisses off so many posters. Just really screws with their negativity agenda.

KenPom also uses last years data well into the season with its calculations. This is a different team than last year. Stands to be significantly better than that 10-15 team. Already showing improvement.
Other than Fatts -> Ish 2, how is this team different enough from last year's team that somewhat relying on last year's data is invalid?
1 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

No.
Ok, just trying to help!
As I've said keep the topic. Don't change it. Perfectly reflects the majority here. Good for recruiting too
The majority have said he deserves this year. That's what I believe. I'm still going to give my opinion on his coaching. Good or bad. I still may have an emotional response during a bad loss. That's sports... We all started responding on the David Cox thread, but then you came back here. If you want to move on, then stop, and let's focus on beating Harvard. You've made your point many, many times..
2 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
RhodyFanNotAlum
Kenny Green

Unread post by RhodyFanNotAlum »

RhodyFanNotAlum wrote: 2 years ago

Yep, it’s his opinion

So you would have fired him after 3 seasons?

And as I’ve said numerous times here to the same comment. Of course it’s after 3 seasons and 7 games. But why oh why would you post FIRE COX after going 5-2 and being ranked #1 among 14 A10 Teams in RPI?

Why not a FIRE COX previous? It came after a road game, 1 point loss to a team we were only favored over by 4 points. It’s a road game people. Most P6 teams won’t even play OOC games like this for good reason. Also a reason Ed Cooley never plays these games, plays cupcakes in OOC at home and then can’t win in the NCAA which he goes t even get to anymore.

I like this years team better than last years team by a considerable margin.

By the way FIRE COX threads do wonders for recruiting too :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I would have fired him after three seasons, yes. But I would NOT fire him now, nor at any point mid-season. I actually had a very reasonable, measured response to the FGCU loss on this thread and I'm still more optimistic about this season than I was about last year. I just don't think the mere existence of this thread is "outlandish."
1 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

That's what Pomeroy is

Other than Fatts -> Ish 2, how is this team different enough from last year's team that somewhat relying on last year's data is invalid?
It's too early to go off of data. Once the NET rankings come out we'll see how many Quad 1 and Quad 2 wins we have. That's what matters to the committee. I can promise you right now we have zero.

That can change this week though!
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Great stuff.

See I agreed this the sentiment about the Jim Baron 2.0 thread because URI was a program that was clearly on the rise. When that thread was started we literally just had our biggest win in 2 decades against a ranked Mick Cronin Cincinnati team a week or so before it. Hurley literally dragged this program from absolute nothingness and had clearly demonstrated that we were moving in the right direction.

Cox was given a turnkey program, with a stable of top-tier conference players and a top recruiting class...so the expectations had to be different.

While I agree the thread title is a bit pointless in the middle of the OOC, and that maybe it should've gone up last year after the UMass debacle...but I don't think any rational person thought it was possible you were going to fire Cox after 3 years or right now in the middle of a season. I don't think "fire cox" means right now in December. I think it's obviously implied that if we don't dance..and considering we are not trending in the direction of dancing and have no actual demonstration of anything in the last 3+ years that would tell us we could...you would want to see a coaching change at the end of this season.

That said, it's a bit absurd to throw out outdated metrics like RPI as your evidence that things are going well when there are plenty of sites who put together a NET equation/ranking like CBS.

Plus if you're using your eyes and brain do you really think that based on what you've seen of all the A10 teams we are the best and we've played the 3rd hardest schedule?

CBS' NET has us at 112, good enough for 6th in the A10 behind Bonnies, VCU, SLU, Richmond, Davidson, and Dayton.

Not to fall into the Baron trap...again...it's WHO you beat, not just the fact that you beat them.

Now NET gets more accurate as the season goes on...but right now our best wins are against BC who's #184 and I legitimately do not think will win more than 2 games in the ACC. Our worst lost is to #286 who we blew a 14 point 2nd half lead to. Based on quadrants that's a Q4 loss and a Q3 win.

This thread isn't about one game though. Blowing that 2nd half lead was the straw that broke the camel's back for a lot of people because it wasn't the first time this has happened. It's a maddening theme of blowing double-digit 2nd half leads to teams over the past 3 years.

I just don't understand the pearl clutching some people have over a fan-run message board...and it's kind of funny to me that the majority didn't share that opinion with Hurley but it seems like everyone feels the need to defend Cox.

People continue to act like any poster is on here "disparaging" the coach or somehow personally victimizing him, when every single post I've read is about what a good person and great university representative he is and how everyone would like to see him turn it around.

Most people have seen enough to believe he just isn't that good of a coach and can separate the man from his job. A job that he gets a lot of money to do, that comes from our pockets, and with that comes criticism. That's sports.
Last edited by Blue Man 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
7 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

That's what Pomeroy is

Good Question:

In addition to Russell replaced by El-Amin

Makhi Michell is back from injury suffered in Game 7 Western Kentucky where only played a few minutes and went out for the season. More blocked shots, more scoring inside. Egged rebounding, better passing between all team members to enable higher percentage shots.

Michell back and starting enabled Walker to become a super 6th man replacing Jermaine Harris as the first big off the bench.

Todd Bozeman replaced Sutton. A move initiated to provide David Cox with more experience and an advisor.

Russell’s team leading shot attempts reduced significantly to El-Amin and spread to Sheppard, Leggett, Walker, Martin and the Mitchell’s. Higher shooting team percentages have resulted this season to date.

GoRhody Game Notes for Harvard summarize well improvements vs last season.

MARTIN, WALKER PROVIDING CONSISTENT OFFENSE OFF THE BENCH

URI averages 21.9 bench points per game, thanks in large part to redshirt juniors Malik Martin and Antwan Walker.
Both Martin and Walker have scored in double figures in each of the last three games.
Walker is averaging 13.7 points over the last three games, while Martin has added 11.0 per game in the stretch.
For the season, Martin is scoring 8.4 points and Walker 8.3 points per game.
The scoring punch the pair offers has helped Rhode Island's bench outscore the opposition by more than 10 points per game (21.9 for URI, 11.6 for opponents). URI has outscored the opposition 153-81 in bench points.
As of Monday morning, Walker was leading the Atlantic 10 with a .719 field goal percentage.
He is 5-of-8 from 3-point range and has made at least one from deep in each of the last four games.
In addition to their scoring, Martin (4.9) and Walker (4.3) are combining for 9.2 rebounds per game.

PATTERN OF EFFICIENCY DEVELOPING ON OFFENSE

Rhode Island has shot exactly 50.0 percent from the field as a team this season, which leads the Atlantic 10 and ranks 18th in the nation.
The Rams have been remarkably consistent in this area, shooting 50.0 percent or better in 10 of the 14 halves of basketball they have played.
The key has been quality shot selection, which has been created in large part by good ball movement.
Rhode Island has recorded assists on nearly 60 percent of its field goals (59.4 percent/104-of-175).
URI is fourth in the Atlantic 10 with 14.9 assists per game coming off a season-high 25 against Georgia State.
There are six Rams averaging at least 1.5 assists per game.
Guard Jeremy Sheppard has a team-best 3.7 per game.
Guard Ishmael Leggett (2.0), forward Makhi Mitchell (1.9), guard Ishmael El-Amin (1.7), center Makhel Mitchell (1.7) and forward Antwan Walker (1.6) are all contributing more than 1.5 per game.
URI has had 11 or more assists in six straight games.
While the Rams are not attempting many 3-point shots - they rank 276th nationally with 114 total - Rhode Island is taking quality shots from the arc.
Rhody is shooting 42.1 percent (48-for-114) from long range, whhich ranks 12th in the country.
Last season, Rhode Island averaged 18.3 3-point attempts per game and made just 31.2 percent.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Yup, we have a different team than last year. Our shooting, defense, and ball movement have improved. We don't have that guy who can penetrate and get a bucket like Fatts, though, so if we can't hit the three, we are in trouble. But we need to remember that we haven't played many tough teams. Last year our non-conference was brutally hard. So our stats are going to look better right now. That's why this week will tell us a lot about if we have improved. Lose both, and Im not sure we have made a big jump this season.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

That's what Pomeroy is

To further illustrate the difference from this year to last:

Russell took a team leading 12.1 shots per game and shot 33.2%
El-Amin is taking 5.4 shots per game and shooting 44.7%.

The 6.7 difference in shots per game (12.1-5.4 = 6.7) is going to other shooters in a more balanced distribution of shots and better percentage shots.

33F083A9-1203-4AD9-877D-2B84F9E9B4EF.png
55292103-F76B-4422-B7BF-A1AF3DF5E3E5.png
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 years ago Yup, we have a different team than last year. Our shooting, defense, and ball movement have improved. We don't have that guy who can penetrate and get a bucket like Fatts, though, so if we can't hit the three, we are in trouble. But we need to remember that we haven't played many tough teams. Last year our non-conference was brutally hard. So our stats are going to look better right now. That's why this week will tell us a lot about if we have improved. Lose both, and Im not sure we have made a big jump this season.
So we might un-fire the coach after this week? Really?
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 years ago

Ok, just trying to help!
As I've said keep the topic. Don't change it. Perfectly reflects the majority here. Good for recruiting too
The majority have said he deserves this year. That's what I believe. I'm still going to give my opinion on his coaching. Good or bad. I still may have an emotional response during a bad loss. That's sports... We all started responding on the David Cox thread, but then you came back here. If you want to move on, then stop, and let's focus on beating Harvard. You've made your point many, many times..
This thread is titled in CAPS FIRE COX

Can’t be any more clear than that

Recruits see FIRE COX

Majority here clearly want him gone now

Worst titled thread in history of this board and horrific timing when we are 5-2 ranked #1 in A10 in RPI and shooting percentages much improved over last season.

Way too early to throw in the towel. Let the season play out and support the team - not denigrate the team.
1 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 years ago Yup, we have a different team than last year. Our shooting, defense, and ball movement have improved. We don't have that guy who can penetrate and get a bucket like Fatts, though, so if we can't hit the three, we are in trouble. But we need to remember that we haven't played many tough teams. Last year our non-conference was brutally hard. So our stats are going to look better right now. That's why this week will tell us a lot about if we have improved. Lose both, and Im not sure we have made a big jump this season.
Spot on.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

It's too early to go off of data. Once the NET rankings come out we'll see how many Quad 1 and Quad 2 wins we have. That's what matters to the committee. I can promise you right now we have zero.

That can change this week though!
So it’s too early to go off data but not to early in the season to FIRE COX

Got it
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Because they are all former head coaches and know all the intimate inner workings of the program. Duh. They know everything. Cox knows shit, and you can't tell them any different.

This place is full of posters who create false narratives, and are dumb enough to run with it as if it is fact, simply because they do not know or understand. Full of John Wooten's here…. :roll:

Case in point — The Twins are playing great, now all of a sudden it's start Walker or FIRE THE COACH or he's incompetent, or he's just a recruiter. Starting Walker won't change the minutes distribution. The twin towers are still ranking as two of the top shot blockers in the country. You RUN WITH THAT NARRATIVE.

Folks want to be something they are not so bad, they truly can't see past their noses.

Say something original? You've said this they all think their head coaches shit and call people dumb fair-weather fans every day.

Once again, you exaggerate to try and prove your point. No one said, start Walker or fire Cox.. We finished 10th last year while Walker was underused, and it's happening again. So stop acting like this is some new thing. It's not.

I want Walker in the starting lineup because I think he's been our best player. I feel him starting, and more importantly, finishing games would translate to more wins. That doesn't make me dumb. It's my opinion..Regardless of starting, I said he needs to be playing more minutes. I provided stats and data on why I feel Walker deserves more than 19 minutes a game. I also offered an example of a team that plays with three bigs similar to ours. The twins are just as important, so of course, we don't want them playing less.

Explain to me why Walker doesn't deserve more minutes without insulting me. Basketball reasons. Why should Walker continue to play less than 20 minutes a game??
Game 1 Walker had 5 fouls so his fault his minutes were limited
Game 2 Walker 4 fouls again limited himself
Game 6 FGSU I’ve said before Walker came out of the game twice and went to trainers table to have leg worked on then both times went to bicycle. Not sure how much this minutes his playing time in not just this game but possibly previous games. I’ll take a picture next time since this has not been reported anywhere.

I like Michells starting. It’s why I upped to 25-6 prediction. Walker off the bench has been great but he has come out of some games due to defense or turnovers (as have others).

Love Walker, Martin off the bench with their good attitudes
F791F763-D1D3-4789-9A6F-5A3A7D2CF396.png
0 x