David Cox officially let go by URI (formerly, "Fire Cox")

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Exeter ram
Frenchy Tomlin

Re: FIRE COX

Unread post by Exeter ram »

Right on Ramster,let’s hold on to our hopes. With more discipline and some slight adjustments we could be good. Telling week ahead. Go rams
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

ramster wrote: 2 years ago This Fire Cox thread originated following the loss to Florida Gulf Coast last Tuesday

My thoughts and observations from that game:
We were only favored by 4.5 points in a true road game. We lost by 1 point - a 5.5 point gap.

We shot only 3-15 on all important 3P's. Sheppard 1-6 and Martin 0-4. Sheppard did not have the type of game he had in Daytona shooting only 3-10 FG with 4 Turnovers and never got to the FT line to score only 7 points.
Defensively I saw El-Amin start guarding Tavian Dunn-Martin, then Sheppard, Leggett sometimes switched off on Dunn-Martin, sometimes Martin and Thomas. Dunn-Marin scored 26 on 8-13 shooting but did commit 6 costly Turnovers.
FGCU hit 11-26 3P's for 33 points via 3P's while we had only 9 points on 3 P's.

We could have had this game in the last 2 minutes doing some good things and some not so good:
  • 1:50 left down 60-62 Malik Martin fouled big man Kevin Samuel who hit 1 of 2 FTs making it 60-63
  • 1:25 left El-Amin made a nice drive to the middle and hit about a 8' jumper in the lane - huge clutch shot to make it 62-63
  • :33 left After a Dunn-Martin miss Makhi Mitchell with a great dunk assisted by Makhel to make it 64-63 Rhody!!!
  • :20 left Dunn-Martin gets a layup - ARRRGGGHHHH!! 64-65 we are behind
  • :07 left Malik Martin gets fouled and hits a huge, huge FT to tie the game and FGCU calls timeout to ice Martin
  • :07 left Martin makes the 2nd FT putting URI ahead!!!!!
  • :03 seconds left Sheppard fouls Dunn-Martin about 15 feet from the half court line. Inexplicably.
  • :03 seconds left Dunn-Martin calmly sinks the first to tie and URI calls timeout to ice Dunn-Martin
  • :03 seconds left Dunn-Martin calmly sinks the 2nd FT to make it 66-67
  • :02 seconds left Dunn-Martin smartly fouls since FGCU had a foul to give running time off the clock
  • At buzzer Makhi Mitchell gets off about a 28' 3P attempt whereby he had a good look at the hoop. Shot was on line and just a little bit long hitting the back of the rim. Could easily have been a huge game winner but just missed. Good play call by URI and execution

Bottom line we lost on the road to a team we were 4.5 points favored over. We had an off shooting night compared to our norm. Walker had to deal with a leg injury.

The foul by Sheppard was not good at all. The URI Coach did not call for that foul, I am sure. Just a mistake by a guy who made the All Tournament Team in Daytona 2 days earlier. It happens, we move on and learn.

I do not think this result warranted a FIRE COX thread. I don't think we should have a FIRE COX thread at all at any time all season.

Thorr Bjorn did not extend David Cox' Contract nor give him a pay increase. I am pretty sure that David Cox must make the NCAA Tournament this year to get a Contract Extension and without a Contract Extension who knows. But I also think he deserves this season to make the NCAA Tournament just like I said of Dan Hurley in the Jim Baron 2.0 immortal thread. Let the season play out. Give the Coaching Staff and the Players support as they focus on making the NCAA Tournament. If David Cox gets close by winning 24 games or more and just misses the NCAA then sure there could be some situation whereby he gets a Contract Extension but more than likely it will be David Cox either wins the A10 Tournament or comes up fairly short of that goal. We will know in 3.5 months.

This team can do it. They can win the A10 Tournament. Likely the only way any of the 14 A10 Teams make the NCAA Tournament is to win the A10 Tournament in March. Likely only 1 team goes from the A10 so why not us? Why not URI?

The Mitchell Brothers are playing well and will only get better as the season mo yes along. They can rebound, pass, block shots, shoot and run the floor well. They are clearly enjoying playing together and with their teammates. Sheppard, Leggett, El-Amin, Martin and Walker have shown then can effectively shoot the 3 ball. A host of players already have more than 10 assists on the short season as passing has been noticeably unselfish. Martin and Walker bring size, strength and experience off the bench. This team can win the A10 - I believed this before the season and still do after watching these 1st 7 games.

Thorr and the URI President will make the right moves. We don't need to help them make their decision especially after only 6 games with a thread as negative as this one. The A10 Tournament is the key for evry A10 Team.
I don't think people expect Cox to get fired now? Cox is going to remain as the head coach this season as he should. I think everyone knows that.

Do you forget the lead we blew?

Our defense continued to stay the same even though we were getting torched... Having a different player defend Dunn-Marin while playing the same defense does jack shit... He continued to kill us.. When a dude is lighting you up, you need to do whatever you can to get the ball out of his hands. Play a box and 1, Sag off until his first pass, Double him, Draw a charge to make him think twice before penetrating like he was all night. Make the other guys on the team beat you. They were a bad team with a stud player, and we did nothing to stop that 1 player.

Don't we have any designed plays for late in the game where we can get one of our guards the ball for a last-second shot? Two seconds is enough time for a dribble and shot..We have our center taking a 3?? That's a good play call!!!???

Regardless, that we are dissecting a loss to Florida Gulf Coast in year 4 should tell you exactly where this program is...

If you think this fanbase should be content with a team whose only shot at a bid is winning the A10 Tournament, then good for you. But, I think we can do better. I know we can do better.

I'll continue to support the team as I have all year. I don't view Cox as a bad coach...I think he will continue to have an up and down season. It's going to be a bumpy ride.

Yes, anything can happen in the A10 Tournament, and we have the talent to win it! But, HMMMMM, for some reason, that sentence sounds familiar? I wonder why....
Jim Baron.jpg
4 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

BlackDogRants wrote: 2 years ago You're yet to have a single marquee win.
Cox's best wins, per KenPom. Only looked at Top 50 teams:

2018-19: Beat #42 VCU (twice) - once at home, once at a neutral site (A-10 tournament)
2019-20: Beat #40 Providence at home
2020-21: Beat #32 St. Bonaventure at home, beat #48 VCU on the road

Depends on how you want to classify "marquee", but some nice wins for sure.

Overall, Rhody is 5-9 against KenPom top 50 teams in the Cox era.
1 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

SmartyBarrett wrote: 2 years ago

2018-19: Beat #42 VCU (twice) - once at home, once at a neutral site (A-10 tournament)

Ya, I think we have one marquee win. Beating VCU in the A10 tournament.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

We can't change the classification of marquee. Those are ranked wins. Top 25. If you wanted to expand it - marquee could include a top 25 victory, an A-10 title, or an NCAA victory.

But the committee doesn't say "well these are some nice wins" on selection Sunday. They would say that URI had zero marquee wins the last 3 years.

Jim Baron had zero.
Dave Cox to this point has zero.

Dan Hurley had 3 ranked regular season victories, 2 NCAA wins, and an A-10 championship W - while appearing in 2 finals.

There was a lot of talk about a "bar" of championships when Cox was hired. In 4 years since we're stretching to count KenPom top 50. The fact that we're doing this should be evidence enough of how far we've fallen. 3 Q1 wins in 3+ seasons - and that might be stretching because KenPom doesn't mean NET.
1 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

Exeter ram wrote: 2 years ago Right on Ramster,let’s hold on to our hopes. With more discipline and some slight adjustments we could be good. Telling week ahead. Go rams
but there isn't and there isn't so we're average. soooooooo there's that.

3 games in the next 7 days. BIG week. Big Week. can't emphasize that enough. Go 0-3 over the next 7days and this campaign is over well before Christmas.

I'd love to see 3-0 but it's up to the boys in the Keaney Blue.
0 x
:lol:
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

I'd consider a Top 50 win as a good win. I don't know if that's a "marquee" win, since that's kind of a vague term to me. Regardless though, 5-9 against Top 50 teams isn't great. I don't think we need to exaggerate and say "David Cox has never beaten a good team!" to still make the point that 5-9 (or a .357 winning percentage) against good teams isn't acceptable, especially since he's mostly had average to above average rosters.
2 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Cox will have a few good wins this season. We will also lose to teams like Florida Gulf Coast. This is what we are..
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
BlackDogRants
Steve Chubin

Unread post by BlackDogRants »

I honestly can’t believe how content some of you are with this team being just OK. It baffles my mind. Like I’m ready to rent a billboard on 95 to spark a coaching change.

Stop settling! It’s been proven with the right formula this program could compete at a high level. This “is what it is”, “we are what we are” fan based opinion isn’t helping.

Also… FYI: Wanting to see something better by seeing a change doesn’t make you unsupportive of the team or a bad fan.
8 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

BlackDogRants wrote: 2 years ago I honestly can’t believe how content some of you are with this team being just OK. It baffles my mind. Like I’m ready to rent a billboard on 95 to spark a coaching change.

Stop settling! It’s been proven with the right formula this program could compete at a high level. This “is what it is”, “we are what we are” fan based opinion isn’t helping.

Also… FYI: Wanting to see something better by seeing a change doesn’t make you unsupportive of the team or a bad fan.
THANK. YOU.
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

BlackDogRants wrote: 2 years ago I honestly can’t believe how content some of you are with this team being just OK. It baffles my mind. Like I’m ready to rent a billboard on 95 to spark a coaching change.

The right formula, yes. But more specifically, the right person.....Kraft, Penders, Harrick, Hurley
0 x
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

I have one way to bring this thread to a screeching halt--win the next two games. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago

THANK. YOU.
It’s not me settling. End of season it’s make the NCAA or don’t.
No contract has been extended and no raise given.

Don’t need to have a FIRE COX thread and repeatedly call for his firing after every loss and even after wins. Everyone’s view is clear.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Cox will be judged at the end of the season.....that's this season, and the 3 seasons before that should factor in also.

Total body of work, as they say.

Winning against good teams is great...but if you also lose to bad teams, means that you are mediocre.

We've lost to more bad teams than we've beaten good teams in the Cox era.

Again, we need to see palpable IMPROVEMENT as this season goes along.

Another floperoo means see ya.

We should be competing at the top of the A10 consistently...so says Thorr, and I agree.

Right now, we're not. That's what I go by.
2 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

eli#10 wrote: 2 years ago I have one way to bring this thread to a screeching halt--win the next two games. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!
We could win the next 7 games and then lose a close road game and this thread would be on fire.
1 x
Go Rhody
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

ramster wrote: 2 years ago

THANK. YOU.
I’m not even sure what you’re disagreeing with here, then? How else do you want fans to express how they feel about the coaching situation and the state of the program? Is it just that you wish the title of the thread were more nuanced “FIRE COX IN APRIL IF THE TEAM DOES NOT PULL AN NCAA APPEARANCE OUT OF ITS ASS THAT WE HAVE NO REALISTIC REASON TO EXPECT AT THIS POINT BASED ON WHAT WE HAVE SEEN OVER THE LAST FOUR YEARS” seems like a mouthful for this type of thing.
10 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 years ago

Ya, I think we have one marquee win. Beating VCU in the A10 tournament.
I just put this out there... I'm not trying to make a point one way or the other. KenPom is my go-to for anything like this because I think it's more indicative of how good a team was over a full season rather than if they happened to be in the top 25 in a given week.
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

TruePoint wrote: 2 years ago

THANK. YOU.
I’m not even sure what you’re disagreeing with here, then? How else do you want fans to express how they feel about the coaching situation and the state of the program? Is it just that you wish the title of the thread were more nuanced “FIRE COX IN APRIL IF THE TEAM DOES NOT PULL AN NCAA APPEARANCE OUT OF ITS ASS THAT WE HAVE NO REALISTIC REASON TO EXPECT AT THIS POINT BASED ON WHAT WE HAVE SEEN OVER THE LAST FOUR YEARS” seems like a mouthful for this type of thing.
I despised the title Jim Baron 2.0. 99% of posters were very down on Hurley. As 1% I supported Hurley and urged to wait for the season to end. Rest is history. Then the thread got locked.

This is the same or worse to have Capital Letters FIRE COX. Just title it "David Cox" is all that is needed with no CAPS. Capitalizing means SCREAMING or LOUD to FIRE COX.

We are only 7 games into the season. We are 5-2. Ranked #3 in A10 by Ken Pom. It is very early. A long way to go.
Remaining OOC with only 2 games at home. Let's play out the season before firing the coach, as we learned from Jim Baron 2.0
@ Harvard
@ PC
Sacred Heart
@ Milwaukee
(N) College of Charleston
Brown

Players, fans, visitors from other team message boards, families of players/coaches, friends or players/coaches, etc read the boards. I get commenting on the Coaches and Players - just don't feel right about a FIRE COX title.

David Cox or David Cox Performance as a title would suffice imho.

Jim Baron 2.0 was not capitalized by the way

I hope we get to kill and lock this thread up too

viewtopic.php?t=6468
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RPI Tuesday November 30
A10 Ranked 13th Conference

URI Ranked 29th Nationally
URI with 3rd toughest Strength of Schedule in A10
URI Ranked 1st in A10

fwiw - RPI was used before NET by the NCAA. NET likely will not come out until mid to late December)

RPI uses only results from current year, as does NET. KenPom uses results from the current year and weighs results from prior year as well in its formulas.
4E918F8C-23E6-4CC2-8305-236A5C4B3559.png
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

PATTERN OF EFFICIENCY DEVELOPING ON OFFENSE

Rhode Island has shot exactly 50.0 percent from the field as a team this season, which leads the Atlantic 10 and ranks 18th in the nation.
The Rams have been remarkably consistent in this area, shooting 50.0 percent or better in 10 of the 14 halves of basketball they have played.
The key has been quality shot selection, which has been created in large part by good ball movement.
Rhode Island has recorded assists on nearly 60 percent of its field goals (59.4 percent/104-of-175).
URI is fourth in the Atlantic 10 with 14.9 assists per game coming off a season-high 25 against Georgia State.
There are six Rams averaging at least 1.5 assists per game.
Guard Jeremy Sheppard has a team-best 3.7 per game.
Guard Ishmael Leggett (2.0), forward Makhi Mitchell (1.9), guard Ishmael El-Amin (1.7), center Makhel Mitchell (1.7) and forward Antwan Walker (1.6) are all contributing more than 1.5 per game.
URI has had 11 or more assists in six straight games.
While the Rams are not attempting many 3-point shots - they rank 276th nationally with 114 total - Rhode Island is taking quality shots from the arc.
Rhody is shooting 42.1 percent (48-for-114) from long range, whhich ranks 12th in the country.
Last season, Rhode Island averaged 18.3 3-point attempts per game and made just 31.2 percent.

https://gorhody.com/news/2021/11/30/men ... night.aspx
Last edited by ramster 2 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

I despised the title Jim Baron 2.0. 99% of posters were very down on Hurley. As 1% I supported Hurley and urged to wait for the season to end. Rest is history. Then the thread got locked.

This is the same or worse to have Capital Letters FIRE COX. Just title it "David Cox" is all that is needed with no CAPS. Capitalizing means SCREAMING or LOUD to FIRE COX.

We are only 7 games into the season. We are 5-2. Ranked #3 in A10 by Ken Pom. It is very early. A long way to go.
Remaining OOC with only 2 games at home. Let's play out the season before firing the coach, as we learned from Jim Baron 2.0
@ Harvard
@ PC
Sacred Heart
@ Milwaukee
Brown

Players, fans, visitors from other team message boards, families of players/coaches, friends or players/coaches, etc read the boards. I get commenting on the Coaches and Players - just don't feel right about a FIRE COX title.

viewtopic.php?t=6468
They’re all safe hiding behind keyboards.

Your message will fall on deaf ears, however, I certainly appreciate the civility and level headed approach.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

@ Harvard
@ PC
Sacred Heart
@ Milwaukee
Brown

viewtopic.php?t=6468
Forget after the Fordham loss in 2016-17, after scanning that thread quickly, anybody that thinks this thread and board are bad now are simply incapable of reading this board from December of 2016.

I find it interesting that the two most positive people in that thread (BlueMan and I) are the most negative people now...
2 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

DC_Rams wrote: 2 years ago

@ Harvard
@ PC
Sacred Heart
@ Milwaukee
Brown

viewtopic.php?t=6468
They’re all safe hiding behind keyboards.

Your message will fall on deaf ears, however, I certainly appreciate the civility and level headed approach.

Nobody is, like, challenging the coach to a duel lol. “Safe behind keyboards”?

This board exists so that fans can have a place to talk about the team and say what they want to say about it. It’s not for the coaches, players and their families - they’re obviously all welcome but that’s not its purpose and they can read or not read but what fans say here shouldn’t be heavily influenced by that - within reason (obviously there have been times when stuff posted here has crossed the line and we’ve had to address that). But I think fans expressing frustration about where the program is at isn’t only in bounds but it is part of the reason why this space even exists in the first place.
5 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

@ Harvard
@ PC
Sacred Heart
@ Milwaukee
Brown

viewtopic.php?t=6468
you can change the thread title but it doesn't dilute the content of the mostly warranted previous 5 pages.

Players, fans, visitors from other team message boards, families of players/coaches, friends or players/coaches, etc reading the boards all should know at this point, whether fair or not, D1 level athletics and beyond is business.

yes, the waters are wicked muddy, but when student athletes have the ability to be paid for their likeness and our head basketball coach is the second highest paid state employee, well all parties even more susceptible to criticism.
2 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

I'm not even sure what you're disagreeing with here, then? How else do you want fans to express how they feel about the coaching situation and the state of the program? Is it just that you wish the title of the thread were more nuanced "FIRE COX IN APRIL IF THE TEAM DOES NOT PULL AN NCAA APPEARANCE OUT OF ITS ASS THAT WE HAVE NO REALISTIC REASON TO EXPECT AT THIS POINT BASED ON WHAT WE HAVE SEEN OVER THE LAST FOUR YEARS" seems like a mouthful for this type of thing.

@ Harvard
@ PC
Sacred Heart
@ Milwaukee
Brown

viewtopic.php?t=6468
They're all safe hiding behind keyboards.

hahaha hiding behind keyboards?

I sit in section 211, Row A Seat 8 and 9. I went to Daytona, and I'll be going to Harvard tomorrow. I'm the one screaming at Cox to call a timeout after our opponent goes on an 11-0 run.. I'm also the one that has praised him when he's coached a good game. It's called being a fan. This is a message board for FANS

If you want to come to talk to me in person, please do. I'm not hiding...
3 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

I could care less what you say about me, go tell the man and his family to his face he should get canned. Then go share your feelings about the players to their faces as well.

I’ll sit in my seat, and watch it all unfold.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

THANK. YOU.
Note that there is already a David Cox thread and now we have a FIRE COX thread. But the Covid takes were removed from the FIRE COX thread yesterday, yet the FIRE COX thread itself is redundant. :roll:
Last edited by ramster 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Note that there is already a David Cox thread and now we have a FIRE COX thread. Makes no sense.
Of course it makes sense. Did Richmond boosters erect a billboard called Mooney? No it was FIRE MOONEY!!!
1 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Note that there is already a David Cox thread and now we have a FIRE COX thread. But the Covid takes were removed from the FIRE COX thread yesterday, yet the FIRE COX thread itself is redundant. :roll:
I mean... They seem like different topics to me. One thread is calling for Cox to be fired, while the other is just about him. There is overlap in those two topics, which we typically - but not always - allow. If you find an entire topic distasteful, I suggest resisting the temptation to visit it.
1 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 years ago

@ Harvard
@ PC
Sacred Heart
@ Milwaukee
Brown

viewtopic.php?t=6468
Forget after the Fordham loss in 2016-17, after scanning that thread quickly, anybody that thinks this thread and board are bad now are simply incapable of reading this board from December of 2016.

I find it interesting that the two most positive people in that thread (BlueMan and I) are the most negative people now...
You think maybe it just means we're all about what's best for the program and have a pretty good hit rate on calling it like we see it?
2 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

I'm glad I have my keyboard here in case DC Rams shows up at my house to beat me up for criticizing his idol. I could use it as a shield. Or maybe even a weapon!
4 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago I'm glad I have my keyboard here in case DC Rams shows up at my house to beat me up for criticizing his idol. I could use it as a shield. Or maybe even a weapon!
hahahhaha
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

That thread was a fun trip down memory lane, including what remains my personal best post of all time (in my humble opinion of course) viewtopic.php?p=316752#p316752

I was trying to find the one where someone called me a Hurley ball licker, but it must have been in a different thread or maybe it got deleted. That was fun to.
2 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

adam914 wrote: 2 years ago

That thread was a fun trip down memory lane, including what remains my personal best post of all time (in my humble opinion of course) viewtopic.php?p=316752#p316752

I was trying to find the one where someone called me a Hurley ball licker, but it must have been in a different thread or maybe it got deleted. That was fun to.
We got what we wanted, and Hurley got what he wanted. Nothing like a little fire under that coaches ass to get them moving.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

SGreenwell wrote: 2 years ago

I mean... They seem like different topics to me. One thread is calling for Cox to be fired, while the other is just about him. There is overlap in those two topics, which we typically - but not always - allow. If you find an entire topic distasteful, I suggest resisting the temptation to visit it.
FIRE COX is distasteful. Team is ranked #1 in RPI in the A10 and we have FIRE COX as a thread. Might as well fire all A10 coaches after only 7 games played.

And while we are at it why did you delete my comment from the thread when you deleted the Covid comments? My comments had nothing to do with Covid yet you deleted mine. No problem I put it right back. Guess you didn’t like it.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

FIRE COX is distasteful. Team is ranked #1 in RPI in the A10 and we have FIRE COX as a thread. Might as well fire all A10 coaches after only 7 games played.

And while we are at it why did you delete my comment from the thread when you deleted the Covid comments? My comments had nothing to do with Covid yet you deleted mine. No problem I put it right back. Guess you didn’t like it.
Distasteful was 10-15 last year. That is a taste I don't like.
3 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

I agree the title/thread is dumb, but please don’t use RPI as a metric. That is extremely outdated and nobody uses that anymore at all.
0 x
Go Rhody
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

It's not after 7 games, it's after 95 games played.
3 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

DC_Rams wrote: 2 years ago I could care less what you say about me, go tell the man and his family to his face he should get canned. Then go share your feelings about the players to their faces as well.

I'll sit in my seat, and watch it all unfold.
I don't think Thorr should fire Cox yet. I may say it after a horrible loss because I probably think that at that moment, but I think he still deserves this season to turn things around. I will make a deal with you, though... If I feel that he should be fired, you get me in front of Cox, and I'll tell him how I truly feel. Then I'll find all the people you insulted on here, and you have to say the same insults to their faces?

Deal??
3 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Mongo can you please change the title of this thread to FIRE COX IN APRIL IF THE TEAM DOES NOT PULL AN NCAA APPEARANCE OUT OF ITS ASS THAT WE HAVE NO REALISTIC REASON TO EXPECT AT THIS POINT BASED ON WHAT WE HAVE SEEN OVER THE LAST FOUR YEARS

Thank you
7 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
theblueram
Frank Keaney

@ Harvard
@ PC
Sacred Heart
@ Milwaukee
Brown

viewtopic.php?t=6468

I sit in section 211, Row A Seat 8 and 9. I went to Daytona, and I'll be going to Harvard tomorrow. I'm the one screaming at Cox to call a timeout after our opponent goes on an 11-0 run.. I'm also the one that has praised him when he's coached a good game. It's called being a fan. This is a message board for FANS

I didn't realize you sat next to me :lol: . Not this year obviously I'm not attending, but all the years before.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago

I didn't realize you sat next to me :lol: . Not this year obviously I'm not attending, but all the years before.
I actually sat in section 205 for a while but I was offered better seats this season so I came over to 211. Hopefully, you're back soon!
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

……..funny, you guys neva talked about the crazies on Kearney Blue?….…..more reason we should try again for a meet and greet pre game……next year of course……Roady Jay tried one at Charlie O’s(RIP)few years ago……turnout was…….meh…….
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
theblueram
Frank Keaney

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago

I actually sat in section 205 for a while but I was offered better seats this season so I came over to 211. Hopefully, you're back soon!
Me too! If they end the mask mandate, I'm there tomorrow.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

adam914 wrote: 2 years ago

I just went back and skimmed thru some of it and I was wondering why I wasn’t in there more, then I got to pg 11 and figured out the reason. Hard to argue with myself on this one.

viewtopic.php?p=303254#p303254
2 x
Rhody_NYCT
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Rhody_NYCT »

I think this thread is ridiculous. I was really upset about the FGCU loss like all of us, but we do have a solid roster and still have the potential to be good. If people want to go off on the FIRE COX thread later in the season, if it's clear at that point that the team isn't going anywhere, then it's fair game. I will want a new coach too. But let's tale it easy right now. Give Cox and the team a chance. We are 5-2 with Harvard and PC coming up. Let's see what happens and at the very least, maintain support in the short term.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Rhody_NYCT wrote: 2 years ago I think this thread is ridiculous. I was really upset about the FGCU loss like all of us, but we do have a solid roster and still have the potential to be good. If people want to go off on the FIRE COX thread later in the season, if it's clear at that point that the team isn't going anywhere, then it's fair game. I will want a new coach too. But let's tale it easy right now. Give Cox and the team a chance. We are 5-2 with Harvard and PC coming up. Let's see what happens and at the very least, maintain support in the short term.
Potential to be good? Huh? Shouldn't we be good already?
2 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 years ago Mongo can you please change the title of this thread to FIRE COX IN APRIL IF THE TEAM DOES NOT PULL AN NCAA APPEARANCE OUT OF ITS ASS THAT WE HAVE NO REALISTIC REASON TO EXPECT AT THIS POINT BASED ON WHAT WE HAVE SEEN OVER THE LAST FOUR YEARS

Thank you
This ^^^^ is beautiful....
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago
steveystuds06 wrote: 2 years ago Mongo can you please change the title of this thread to FIRE COX IN APRIL IF THE TEAM DOES NOT PULL AN NCAA APPEARANCE OUT OF ITS ASS THAT WE HAVE NO REALISTIC REASON TO EXPECT AT THIS POINT BASED ON WHAT WE HAVE SEEN OVER THE LAST FOUR YEARS

Thank you
This ^^^^ is beautiful....
I agree. Mongo want to change the title? LOL
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

@ Harvard
@ PC
Sacred Heart
@ Milwaukee
Brown

viewtopic.php?t=6468

You think maybe it just means we're all about what's best for the program and have a pretty good hit rate on calling it like we see it?
So in the Jim Baron 2.0 thread I supported giving Hurley the year while most all were running him out of town.

Now I say let Cox have the year - so how is that any different? It is not.
1 x