11/27 | Georgia State | 4:00PM (YurView/ESPN+)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Re: 11/27 | Georgia State | 4:00PM (YurView/ESPN+)

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Boys are playin tonight.
0 x
GO RAMS
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Ilieri is in Let’s get a look at him

We are @ Harvard on Tuesday big game
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

I’m trying to figure out what the equivalent lineup would be for Rhody if they were missing what Georgia State is. Antwan, Jalen. Sebastian, Jeremy, Ileri?
1 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

reef wrote: 2 years ago Ilieri is in Let’s get a look at him

We are @ Harvard on Tuesday big game
Yup. The competition tonight is brutal. I don’t think we will face a worst opponent then this all season….Let’s see how we show up against Harvard.
2 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Here comes Tres
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

ace wrote: 2 years ago I’m trying to figure out what the equivalent lineup would be for Rhody if they were missing what Georgia State is. Antwan, Jalen. Sebastian, Jeremy, Ileri?
Scary… that would be very hard to watch
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

87-54. U 4

14-27 from 3 !!

Shep 21
Ish. 20
1 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Kind of a nothing game overall but it would be nice if Leggett can take something from his performance and build on it.
2 x
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by KingstonLane »

Great win. Not in the sense of beating someone notable but doing your job and properly beating a weakened team. Get some confidence back and keep chugging
2 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

4 of the next 5 are on the road. Let's see where we are after that stretch.
1 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Tres gets a trey!
2 x
Slava Ukraini!
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Shows you what our guards are capable of doing. It’s baffling when they don’t or can’t.
2 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Difficult to take away much from this game against a very depleted team.
2 x
Rhody Sody
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Rhody Sody »

DC_Rams wrote: 2 years ago Shows you what our guards are capable of doing. It’s baffling when they don’t or can’t.
Coach needs to figure that out, they are a talented group
0 x
URI2006_Andy
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by URI2006_Andy »

DC_Rams wrote: 2 years ago Shows you what our guards are capable of doing. It’s baffling when they don’t or can’t.
The team looked to pass out for 3 when they got the ball inside. Need to trust in that pass even when the 3s aren’t falling.
1 x
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

I realize the competition was depleted , but that was not the full story here . The team shared the ball to the tune of 25 assists . They played very well as a team , found the open man and hit their shots about as well as a team can . Second half defense was intense after a lack luster first half
performance . If they can continue their outside shooting to anything close to today's effort this team could be much better the rest of the way . Here's
hoping it wasn't just an anomaly .
3 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

It seems that Cox did a good job during halftime. The team came out with some intensity, certainly in comparison to the first half walk through , and then defended the three point line very well.

Still think they slow it down too much when they have the lead and run the clock down. Tonight they hot those shots as time was winding down, but, obviously much more difficult against quality teams.

Next week at this time, we should know a lot more about this team !
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

luke wrote: 2 years ago I realize the competition was depleted , but that was not the full story here . The team shared the ball to the tune of 25 assists . They played very well as a team , found the open man and hit their shots about as well as a team can . Second half defense was intense after a lack luster first half
performance . If they can continue their outside shooting to anything close to today's effort this team could be much better the rest of the way . Here's
hoping it wasn't just an anomaly .
Luke, this was an exhibition game.
2 x
Rhody Sody
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Rhody Sody »

Jumped to 82 on ken pom
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

I want to get excited about a dominate win but this was such a bad opponent it's hard too. That looked like an exhibition game. Georgia St had no legs in the second half which made them very easy to defend and we had a lot of easy looks on the offensive end... If Cox can get the team locked in and beat Harvard, that will show me a lot more than killing an easy opponent.
2 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 years ago I want to get excited about a dominate win but this was such a bad opponent it's hard too. That looked like an exhibition game. Georgia St had no legs in the second half which made them very easy to defend and we had a lot of easy looks on the offensive end... If Cox can get the team locked in and beat Harvard, that will show me a lot more than killing an easy opponent.
I agree, would of much preferred to see how we would of handled Georgia State at full strength.
Last edited by Jersey77 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

This win may look better than it actually was down the road but you can only play who's out there so it is what it is. Those Georgia State kids fought as hard as they could and deserve credit for working hard. Hopefully Ish L broke out of his slump. The kids need to grow up a little bit as we cannot afford a 'T' every game.
2 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

McRam wrote: 2 years ago
Yes, Harvard is well-coached but young and beatable. A good A10 team should beat them. I expect to lose at PC but anything can happen.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

This team needs to keep playing games together and getting wins where they can to try and improve as much as possible. Great potential there.
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 years ago
McRam wrote: 2 years ago
Yes, Harvard is well-coached but young and beatable. A good A10 team should beat them. I expect to lose at PC but anything can happen.
Their starting guards average a combined 30 points and their top forward averages 17.5. And they're wicked smahhht. I hope we don't play stupid like we did at Brown two years ago.
Last edited by PeteRI 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Jersey77 wrote: 2 years ago Difficult to take away much from this game against a very depleted team.
……I had this…….I am beginning to like one Mitchell at a time, start Walker, get Martin in the game at first off the bench…….
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

section(105) wrote: 2 years ago
Jersey77 wrote: 2 years ago Difficult to take away much from this game against a very depleted team.
……I had this…….I am beginning to like one Mitchell at a time, start Walker, get Martin in the game at first off the bench…….
I actually wouldn't mind them starting Shep, Ish, Martin, Walker, and Makhel.
2 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

That outside shooting was key if we shoot anywhere close to that we gonna beat a lot of teams
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

RoadyJay wrote: 2 years ago Let’s keep having the Mitchells bring the ball up the court.
……..nothing like a Mitchell on the bounce after rebound breakout move or loose ball recovery…….gotta that shit out right now coach……..valuable possessions lost……
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

…..did I miss this in the spooky dog write up or somewhere else……their coach was Bob Lanier ?………a son of the big foot guy from Bona…….?
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
theblueram
Frank Keaney

section(105) wrote: 2 years ago …..did I miss this in the spooky dog write up or somewhere else……their coach was Bob Lanier ?………a son of the big foot guy from Bona…….?
Stepping on a lot of toes with that comment.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Did what we had to do at home against a depleted team, simple as that.
Last edited by Rhody15 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Go Rhody
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

This game reminded me a little bit of the Johnson and Wales game.
0 x
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

I'm sick of watching Makhi Mitchell play basketball like he is in a meaningless pickup game and the chippy play is getting old fast. I enjoyed watching Tres Berry tonight. We can use another guard with decent size who can defend and I'm glad the coach finally put him into a basketball game. Ish Leggett looked like a more fluid athlete to my eyes on Television last season than he does live this season in the Ryan Center glad he was able to hit some open 3 pointers today. We are 5-2 and do not look like a very good basketball team at this point. Walker and Martin consistently play hard and both come off the bench. I do not think the head coach is sending the right message to the players.
2 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago
section(105) wrote: 2 years ago …..did I miss this in the spooky dog write up or somewhere else……their coach was Bob Lanier ?………a son of the big foot guy from Bona…….?
Stepping on a lot of toes with that comment.
……..reading is fundamental, I stand corrected via the spooky dog write up…….
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

…….I think Tres Berry has a long way to go…….if he gets minutes in something more than a blow out, we will see……..
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

We have a solid 8 with Carey. After that we have developmental depth. Tough to take anything from that game. If I was the coach I would never allow my 6’10 center to take the ball up court under any circumstances. If it’s happened 8 times it’s ended up in a turnover 7. How many more times is that going to be allowed to happen. Never been a fan of long stretches with both Mitchell’s and still aren’t … Twan should start with Makhi.
0 x
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Unread post by SandorClegane »

DeanDome88 wrote: 2 years ago I'm sick of watching Makhi Mitchell play basketball like he is in a meaningless pickup game and the chippy play is getting old fast. I enjoyed watching Tres Berry tonight. We can use another guard with decent size who can defend and I'm glad the coach finally put him into a basketball game. Ish Leggett looked like a more fluid athlete to my eyes on Television last season than he does live this season in the Ryan Center glad he was able to hit some open 3 pointers today. We are 5-2 and do not look like a very good basketball team at this point. Walker and Martin consistently play hard and both come off the bench. I do not think the head coach is sending the right message to the players.
Disagree on the Mitchell comment. We need someone out there that plays angry. I’m fine with a T now and then, if done at the right time. Tyrese had it, Cyril had it, Stan had it. We need to play with a chip on our shoulder. I think Makhi is our guy this year.

Agree on everyone’s statement on the Mitchell’s bringing up the ball though. :?
0 x
“The greatest things in life are invisible to the eye”
- Mr. Rogers
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

As others have said, not much you can take from beating the bench warmers from a Sun Belt team at home. But hopefully it’s at least a confidence booster at this point. Sad it’s come to this but that’s where we’re at. This weeks games should be interesting.
1 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

I like both Mitchell’s out there. Really tough ream defense out there. Especially, since it appears they can guard away from basket. There is a strong case that Martin should start for one of the small guards. Not many teams start three 6’2 guards playing at the same time.

If we were double teaming the ball with that quickness, I would probably feel differently.
0 x
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

Nice 4:00 game.. a couple of mews nice cold Ipas and dinner with old friends. Now heading back to North Smithfield.. only comment about game is regardless of the opponents health issues. Put the 2nd half philosophy in a bottle and follow that recipe the rest of the year.. tough defense.. share the 🏀 and run when the opportunity presents itself.🍺🍺
5 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

Missed this game today but hopefully this springboards into a nice winning streak

GO RAMS
0 x
Rhody_NYCT
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Rhody_NYCT »

Good win for the Rams today no matter how you look at it. Shoot like that every game, and we will have a good season.
2 x
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

RoadyJay wrote: 2 years ago Let’s keep having the Mitchells bring the ball up the court.
……..nothing like a Mitchell on the bounce after rebound breakout move or loose ball recovery…….gotta that shit out right now coach……..valuable possessions lost……
[/quote

I was actually screaming take him out(makhi) after 2nd defensive rebound and instead of giving it to a guard going behind the back and turning it over for 2nd time in a minute.. give Cox credit he yanked him right away .
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

ram1980 wrote: 2 years ago
[/quote

I was actually screaming take him out(makhi) after 2nd defensive rebound and instead of giving it to a guard going behind the back and turning it over for 2nd time in a minute.. give Cox credit he yanked him right away .
But only for about a minute.
0 x
Donrxer79
Marc Upshaw

Unread post by Donrxer79 »

Seeing a Mitchell take more than one dribble makes my head want to explode. I want to see a guard run up to him and say " Give me the effin ball "
4 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Yeah also agree on the Mitchell’s dribbling especially when they secure a defensive board , first thing he should know is get the ball to a guard !!
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Donrxer79 wrote: 2 years ago Seeing a Mitchell take more than one dribble makes my head want to explode. I want to see a guard run up to him and say " Give me the effin ball "
Cox sold his soul for Fatts to stay here, did he do something similar to get the twins to transfer here?

It’s hard to insult their play though, they’ve been forces in the paint.

I don’t mind the chippy play at all, we need that.

I am in agreement though, Just wish they wouldn’t dribble so much in the open floor.
Last edited by Rhody15 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Go Rhody
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

They were promised a lot of playing time.

No doubt about it.

But there's no need for them to handle the ball......that's not part of the deal lol.
2 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

They deserve the playing time but need more focus and maturity which will come in time; it's the coach's job to make sure it happens.
0 x