David Cox officially let go by URI (formerly, "Fire Cox")

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Re: FIRE COX

Unread post by McRam »

rambone 78 wrote: 2 years ago Even if we had won last night, we would be a very deceiving 5-1.

16-15. I'm sticking by my prediction...

It's going to get late real early.

The only way Cox gets let go in season, is if the wheels completely fall off, and even that's unlikely even if that happens.

As bad a coach as he is, he's not Jerry! Jerry! Jerry! [For you other old timers]

The question is, with a mediocre season, how much revenue will be lost due to poor attendance , etc etc. Both for his year and next year.

Just maybe, the best business decion is to move on from Cox ….
2 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 years ago
Section104 wrote: 2 years ago Archie Miller 2022!
This would be a game changer
I want Archie M too !!
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago I am a firm believer in "you've got it or you don't" - like you know right away if someone is right for a job or whatever. Things may not be perfect, but you can see some type of something good or bad immediately.

You saw it with Hurley. We were losing close games with the rebuild, but there was just something there. Even with the Fordham loss - taking the whole team off the floor and teaching a lesson. You could tell.

I was in the camp that DC deserved the shot. No one could've anticipated the last 3+ years to have unfolded this way, but Cox paid his dues, earned his stripes, and it was worth giving him a shot. There's just no way to tell how someone handles the switch to the first chair until they get in it.

He's always been a great recruiter, mentor, role model, and assistant under some big name coaches. Good programs promote from within to keep their momentum.

Unfortunately, I think it was apparent to me the first PC game (Fatts 2-13, team 2-18 from 3), and you can see in some alcohol induced posts in that game thread that Cox may not have had the it factor to be the head coach. That was a game that we easily could've won with a few adjustments that never came.

The Brown loss in 2020 changed me. That's when I melted down about this program. I aimlessly walked around the East Side after that game, trying to make sense of my life and the program. That night was a funeral for me. I put a brave face on to try and convince myself that maybe things would turn around, but deep down I knew we were going downhill. That loss, and the Richmond loss that followed were when I had my meltdown, so I feel for everyone going through these emotions right now. I feel nothing because I already went through it.

The UMass loss last year without Tre Mitchell and subsequent press conference were the nails in the coffin for me. I feel nothing for this program right now and it's a shame.

There have been no improvements to every critique of this program since year 1. A lack of adjustments. Poor gameplanning - I mean our head coach sounded dumbfounded in the presser last night and had no answers for a Q4 opponent that made a switch to zone. Like the most basic of adjustments that a basketball coach could possibly face in a game, and we just can't adjust.

One player killing you on offense - maybe switch defenders? Make adjustments yourself?

This team has talent. I stand by that. I thought we had talent last year too. Players aren't being put in spots to be successful. Too much of a premium is being put on "positionless athletes" and not enough on "basketball players" when building a roster here.

We have such a unique advantage of having a legitimate frontcourt with the Mitchell twins, and we're squandering it because we don't subscribe to playing team basketball and having a true point guard. We want a team full of positionless athletes, and this is what we've got. Like watching pickup ball with a bunch of athletic freaks.

Seen this movie before where you just roll the balls out and play...the star had a much bigger mustache, but the results were largely the same. At least in that movie we blew out the bad teams and game just short against the good ones. Thankfully we're losing to the bad teams now so we won't have to wonder if we're going to start a coaching search next year.
Post of the season right here !! BlueMan being BlueMan !!
2 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

ram1980 wrote: 2 years ago I will never give up supporting or cheering on the athletes and coaches of the URI men's basketball team. Ever since I walked on campus in 1976, my allegiance has been with Keaney Blue. I totally agree that Cox is not getting the job done and it may make sense to cut bait sooner rather than later. I doubt it will happen in season. We all knew with this weak non conference schedule that an at large bid was probably not attainable. So let's get behind the team, cheer them on through their conference schedule and if they fall short then sorry goodbye coach cox.My wife and I will be at the next 12 home games rooting for our Rams like we have through thick and thin for decades.
Well said 1980
1 x
brady1
Art Stephenson

Unread post by brady1 »

Looks like lil Ricky just knocked off #10 Alabama. Just Fn shoot me!!!

GO RHODY!
6 x
BlackDogRants
Steve Chubin

Unread post by BlackDogRants »

brady1 wrote: 2 years ago Looks like lil Ricky just knocked off #10 Alabama. Just Fn shoot me!!!

GO RHODY!
Yup! Iona 6-0 with a win over a top 10 school. Shoulda, coulda!
2 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Iona plays Belmont tomorrow Lil Ricky getting it done
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Slick Rick does it again.
0 x
GO RAMS
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

While I would have loved Pitino here there’s no sense lamenting over it. It was simply not going to happen.
1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

If you were ever in doubt, more proof the coach is the program.
5 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago Just got this e-mail. LMAO!

IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR EVENT

Hey Rhody fan, this is your head coach, David Cox. I wanted to take a moment to thank you for bringing your energy and passion for the team to our games at the Ryan Center so far. We are off to a great start and I know the guys really feed off the energy and we all appreciate your dedication to support Rhody Athletics. As we head into this next game we need EVERYONE including you to bring their energy to the building! Help us #BRINGTHERUCKUS and PROTECT OUR HOUSE vs Georgia State! GO RHODY!
I mean, there's a good chance Cox didn't actually write that and it was just a member of the marketing team and it was already pre-scheduled to go out, but could something be any more tone deaf after the FGCU game?
3 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

……..exactly, what should his message have been coming off the FGCU disaster……..?……..looking for something funny here…….’ We just got off the plane. Rested our tired legs, unpacked our collapsible suit cases, and ready to go for a Covid impacted and injured roster in front your lightly packed. No buzz Ryan Center…….’
Last edited by section(105) 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

I think a message like "after a 1-2 road trip through Florida, it's going to be great to be back home in front of our fans. Help us stay undefeated this season at the Ryan Center." No need for the great start comment
5 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Cameron_Dollar
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Cameron_Dollar »

Not a great day for the Hurley Crime Crime Family'
Big brother Bobby lost to a slumping Syracuse team and the hated Jim Boheim.
Little brother Dan cane up short against Michigan State and Tom Izzo.
And adopted son Nate Oates was taken to school by none other than Slick Rick himself.
There will be a lot of explaining to Godfather Bob Sr. and Consigliere Jim Calhoun today.

It was mentioned during the broadcast that Pitino wants to make Iona, the Gongaga of the East. I for one believe him; unless Father Time steps in. His team yesterday played a near perfect game. Spacing, passing, shooting, defense and their constant success coming out of time outs. This all coming against a very talented and also well coached Alabama team. It was also mentioned that his own son refused to play him. Take him off the short list, he's going nowhere. I'm sure there are many AD's kicking themselves in the ass today.
2 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

……..I am sure the folks hangin’ in Spectators Pub in New Rochelle are loving this season, and their short term future……..
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

Cameron_Dollar wrote: 2 years ago Not a great day for the Hurley Crime Crime Family'
And adopted son Nate Oates was taken to school by none other than Slick Rick himself.
There will be a lot of explaining to Godfather Bob Sr. and Consigliere Jim Calhoun today.

It was mentioned during the broadcast that Pitino wants to make Iona, the Gongaga of the East. I for one believe him; unless Father Time steps in. His team yesterday played a near perfect game. Spacing, passing, shooting, defense and their constant success coming out of time outs. This all coming against a very talented and also well coached Alabama team. It was also mentioned that his own son refused to play him. Take him off the short list, he's going nowhere. I'm sure there are many AD's kicking themselves in the ass today.
I think every Ram fan would sign up for a close loss to Michigan St over what we’ve seen the past week in a New York minute.
2 x
Cameron_Dollar
Lamar Odom

Jim,
You are 100% correct. Every Ram fan would sign up for that. But Danny boy and his beach loving wife are at UCONN where expectations are much greater. For what it's worth, I think he has overdelivered to this point in his new surroundings. I was trying to inject a little humor into the situation.
Apparently, I failed in that attempt.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

I would have signed up for Pitino......was Thorr on board too?

Anyway, no surprise what he's doing at Iona.....they will be more than a one and done in the NCAA tourney this March.

He would have had us dancing this year also, no doubt in may mind.....Harrick the 2nd.....

And we would be wiping the floor with Cooley.

Yes, coaching is everything in college.
4 x
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

Cameron_Dollar wrote: 2 years ago Jim,
You are 100% correct. Every Ram fan would sign up for that. But Danny boy and his beach loving wife are at UCONN where expectations are much greater. For what it's worth, I think he has overdelivered to this point in his new surroundings. I was trying to inject a little humor into the situation.
Apparently, I failed in that attempt.
Cameron,

All good. Tough to detect humor and sarcasm sometimes through texts.
I know this had been bandied about many times since March, 2018, probably including me, but Hurley had to take that job. School with a national profile, albeit diminished at the time, a larger fan base, more money and perks. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was told of their intentions of moving back to the Big East during the interview process. Why wouldn’t every coach aspire to win a national championship, or at least go to a final four, and UCONN gives him a much better chance than Rhody.
I wasn’t against the Cox hire, but I remember I said at the time that your primary motivation for a hire can’t be to keep your recruits. You can’t run your program catering to the wishes of 18 year olds. I trusted the powers that be that they were making the right move.
Cameron, I guess you were a big UCLA fan in the 90s?
1 x
Cameron_Dollar
Lamar Odom

Jim,
Not a UCLA fan, just a Jim Harrick fan and my screen name is a little homage to our short but exciting time in the national spotlight. I don't know where you were during the Hurley-Cox transition, but I was 100 % in agreement that UCONN was, is and always will be a premiere coaching job. Hurley had to also know that a move back to the Big East was in the cards. I don't fault him for taking it. I was squarely in the Pitino camp based on his coaching and recruiting ability, but that too is ancient history. There will be many more days where the Hurley Family will be successful but I still enjoy seeing them lose.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Who could be our Pitino?

Obviously, we know Archie would be a massive get but any other coaches that you all would be excited about??
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rhody Sody
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Rhody Sody »

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 years ago Who could be our Pitino?

Obviously, we know Archie would be a massive get but any other coaches that you all would be excited about??
I’m not sure about Archie. I would have been excited about him a few years ago but he was very underwhelming at IU. How is he going to succeed here if he couln’t do it at IU? They are one of the top all time programs. I feel like his IU teams played like recent rhody teams over the past few years. Couldn’t hit a 3, didn’t play like a team, and couldn’t win big.

I know he is a big name but not sure he would be a homerun. Hopefully i am wrong if he ends up being the next coach.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Rhody Sody wrote: 2 years ago

I’m not sure about Archie. I would have been excited about him a few years ago but he was very underwhelming at IU. How is he going to succeed here if he couln’t do it at IU? They are one of the top all time programs. I feel like his IU teams played like recent rhody teams over the past few years. Couldn’t hit a 3, didn’t play like a team, and couldn’t win big.

I know he is a big name but not sure he would be a homerun. Hopefully i am wrong if he ends up being the next coach.
Indiana is a totally different animal than URI. Archie was an extremely successful A10 coach. A lot of his Indiana teams showed promise, but they couldn't turn the corner for some reason. Obviously, a lot of that is on him..This team desperately needs his coaching philosophy on the importance of defending, ball security, and good shot selection. I like the way he uses the pack line defense, and I love his style on the fast break. Reminded me of the Suns teams with Nash at the point. We could actually be the running rams under Archie.

He would be a massive upgrade...
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

At this point I would take Archie Andrews
2 x
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

Maybe there’s a big name wild card out there that would take the job. For me, I tend to look for head coaches with success at the low major level that are looking to move up, a la Hurley from Wagner. I know this doesn’t always work out (McCall at UMASS), but there have been successes. I know this wouldn’t be a sexy move that would create a lot of buzz. However, if you pick the right guy and he wins, there’s your buzz.
I was just looking at Matt Langel’s record. He’s been the head coach of Colgate for ten years. His first six years were not very successful, but he’s turned it around the past four years. I don’t know anything about the guy’s personality or if he wants to move up, but I think this is the type of move that needs to be made. I’m not saying he should be the guy. Just do your due diligence and pick the right guy, not just some name. I would prefer someone who’s already been a D1 coach rather than a big time assistant running his own program for the first time.
0 x
Rhody Sody
Lamar Odom

JimSidd wrote: 2 years ago

Maybe there’s a big name wild card out there that would take the job. For me, I tend to look for head coaches with success at the low major level that are looking to move up, a la Hurley from Wagner. I know this doesn’t always work out (McCall at UMASS), but there have been successes. I know this wouldn’t be a sexy move that would create a lot of buzz. However, if you pick the right guy and he wins, there’s your buzz.
I was just looking at Matt Langel’s record. He’s been the head coach of Colgate for ten years. His first six years were not very successful, but he’s turned it around the past four years. I don’t know anything about the guy’s personality or if he wants to move up, but I think this is the type of move that needs to be made. I’m not saying he should be the guy. Just do your due diligence and pick the right guy, not just some name. I would prefer someone who’s already been a D1 coach rather than a big time assistant running his own program for the first time.
I tend to agree, worked with Hurley. I think we look for a lower level D1 coach that is up and coming. I would have taken Pitino and still would but i doubt that is an option. I’d take Archie over many optioms but not sure he is the solution. Pitino has proven over his career that he is a sure bet.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Not sure on the lower level guy. Not sure he exists right now. Hurley had the name and the media contacts. Put us on national news all the time. I'm thinking a Harrick type guy is what we need.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Definitely in the Archie Miller camp as well , I’m sure he wants another chance after what happened at IU and what better way than to do it at URI in a conference he knows
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

I tend to agree, worked with Hurley. I think we look for a lower level D1 coach that is up and coming. I would have taken Pitino and still would but i doubt that is an option. I’d take Archie over many optioms but not sure he is the solution. Pitino has proven over his career that he is a sure bet.

A lower level guy over Archie Miller who’s a proven winner in the A10?

Where’s the justification for that?
1 x
Go Rhody
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

Hard to get excited about possible replacements until we have an opening. But Archie sure sounds appealing.
0 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

rambone 78 wrote: 2 years ago I would have signed up for Pitino......was Thorr on board too?

Anyway, no surprise what he's doing at Iona.....they will be more than a one and done in the NCAA tourney this March.

He would have had us dancing this year also, no doubt in may mind.....Harrick the 2nd.....

And we would be wiping the floor with Cooley.

Yes, coaching is everything in college

Pretty sure we would also have a true point guard on the roster and someone in addition to Martin for the 3.

Is Cox’s roster management actually worse than his in game coaching?
0 x
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Unread post by PlayMikeMotenMore »

Cameron_Dollar wrote: 2 years ago Not a great day for the Hurley Crime Crime Family'

I think every Ram fan would sign up for a close loss to Michigan St over what we’ve seen the past week in a New York minute.
So you gloss over the blown 7-point lead with 4:45 go go from Danny "John Wooden" Hurley? Apparently, David Cox is not the only coach whose team can blow a lead late.

Trust me, if URI blew a late lead to MSU everybody on this board will still be complaining.
0 x
Rhody_NYCT
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Rhody_NYCT »

PlayMikeMotenMore wrote: 2 years ago

So you gloss over the blown 7-point lead with 4:45 go go from Danny "John Wooden" Hurley? Apparently, David Cox is not the only coach whose team can blow a lead late.

Trust me, if URI blew a late lead to MSU everybody on this board will still be complaining.
0 x
Rhody_NYCT
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Rhody_NYCT »

Rhody_NYCT wrote: 2 years ago

VCU gave that game away with TOs vs UConn at the end of regulation. Looks like Bobby with be looking for another job soon.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

steviep123 wrote: 2 years ago While I would have loved Pitino here there’s no sense lamenting over it. It was simply not going to happen.
Disagree. Totally worth lamenting. I'm behind on reading this thread....looking forward to some lamenting. :lol:
2 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Complaining over 7-1 with all kinds of q2+ games to go...might be funner?
2 x
Rhody Sody
Lamar Odom

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago

A lower level guy over Archie Miller who’s a proven winner in the A10?

Where’s the justification for that?
I’m not advocating either choice. Just saying not sold on Archie as a sure bet to succeed. He inherited a good program and did well. We aren’t a solid program right now and he has only had success with a good program he inherited. IU is a blue blood and he didn’t succeed. There must be up and coming coach in lower level d1 right now that will eventually lead a major program to blue blood status some day and Rhody would be a good stepping stone for them.
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

……..we have beat this around many times, plowed this same ground many times over, and want to run with the bigger boys, but can’t get off the porch due to funding……whether it is state support, major major donations, on site revenue via PSL/parking/other our mid range A-10 funding of hoops(am I correct?) will result in mid range results with high expectations……..those that thirst for the Harrick type to knock on our door are living the great past lightning in a bottle…….the future lightning in a bottle is out there…….but then what? does the wash, rinse, repeat spin cycle sound like where we as fans want to be?………he’ll no!……..but on sleepy Kingston Hill, and good ole State U, we remain stuck, the Think Big era at URI remains in some departments, down the hill, not so much…….
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
CaptainRon
Kenny Green

Unread post by CaptainRon »

Look what happened to Shaka. Does anyone really think he’s a bad coach? I don’t. Sometimes coaches end up in a bad fit.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

CaptainRon wrote: 2 years ago Look what happened to Shaka. Does anyone really think he’s a bad coach? I don’t. Sometimes coaches end up in a bad fit.
Would take shaka in a heartbeat...
2 x
Rhody Sody
Lamar Odom

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago
CaptainRon wrote: 2 years ago Look what happened to Shaka. Does anyone really think he’s a bad coach? I don’t. Sometimes coaches end up in a bad fit.
Would take shaka in a heartbeat...
I thought the same a few years ago, just like Archie. I’ll wait to see on both. Huge names in the a10 and you would think they succeed. Who knows on either? Hopefully we get it right next time.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Trust me, if URI blew a late lead to MSU everybody on this board will still be complaining. But
This is a message board for die-hard fans. Of course we would vent if we blew a game late. Dan went 2-1 against Auburn, MSU, and VCU. We went 1-2 against Tulsa, BC, and FGCU...Ya, give me a loss to MSU 100% of the time
4 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Matt Keebler
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Matt Keebler »

Hard to believe that Archie would step back from a multi-million $$ position with one of the most storied programs in CBB history to take $750K (or less) job with us but certainly nice to think about. As JimSidd said we should be looking for a climber who moves up to this job, has some success and moves up again, i.e. Hurley.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

We will have to pay for the "right" coach.

Cox came cheap....I'm sure that was a factor in hiring him. First time head coach and all that.

If we had hired an experienced name instead, it would have been for more money.

Next hire will cost more, guaranteed. That's if we're serious about "Thinking Big".

URI wants success on the cheap. Not going to happen any more. Want to play? Have to pay.
1 x
Mongo
ARD

Unread post by Mongo »

Mongo wrote: 2 years ago

No, you are missing the point. You can't prove causation between a coach's supposed "lack of fire" and the team. How do you explain Tony Bennett, Tom Penders, and Al Skinner who had/have their teams play hard and tough. Did those teams lack fire?

Forget your nonsense about the coach's fire. Find a coach that can coach, teach, develop, and win. Trust me, you won't care what his coaching personality and demeanor is like.
Nooooo you are missing the point as usual. He’s a trash head coach, end of story. Mike Moten was a garbage center too.
Mongo...I get that point, he's not a good head coach. But as I said, make the case using basketball as the basis of your argument (poor in-game strategy, poor player development, usage of timeouts, roster construction, etc.) Your "lack of fire...need more emotion" nonsense has nothing to do with making a good coach or not. That's the point.

The only reason you put up with Hurley's bench antics is because they won. Trust me, if URI won big with a calmer guy like Bennett or Belein, you'd be fine with that too.

(And Mike Moten is gonna come to your house and kick your butt. You don't insult URI's greatest center like that!)
😂😂😂 I am a Mike Moten fan, I actually know him personally. My issue is Cox looks lost, just watch how often Bozeman is in his ear. His demeanor is more of a clueless look. I love the guy, I really hope he turns it around, but I’m not sure he’s our guy.
4 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

KeaneyBluBallz wrote: 2 years ago What’s Bobby knight doing these days?

Practicing chair tossing?
3 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

McRam wrote: 2 years ago
rambone 78 wrote: 2 years ago Even if we had won last night, we would be a very deceiving 5-1.

16-15. I'm sticking by my prediction...

It's going to get late real early.

The only way Cox gets let go in season, is if the wheels completely fall off, and even that's unlikely even if that happens.

As bad a coach as he is, he's not Jerry! Jerry! Jerry! [For you other old timers]

The question is, with a mediocre season, how much revenue will be lost due to poor attendance , etc etc. Both for his year and next year.

Just maybe, the best business decion is to move on from Cox ….
Win or lose, Ryan Center rules have become enough to keep people away.
2 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Taylor Swift wrote: 2 years ago Win or lose, Ryan Center rules have become enough to keep people away.
I realize you are just making things up here to try and fulfill your preconceived notions, and thats fine, thats the society we live in now. But in case anyone else reading this is actually interested in the truth, there is absolutely no evidence to show that this is the case. Attendance through the first 4 home games this season is 5035 compared to 5058 through the first 4 home games of the previous season where fans were allowed to attend. So in a season where the excitement level for the team is arguably quite a bit lower than 2 years ago, the attendance is essentially the same.
7 x
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

Taylor Swift wrote: 2 years ago

Win or lose, Ryan Center rules have become enough to keep people away.
😢😭. If you watch alot of these other arenas the rules are the same. It's not just the Ryan center.. news flash it's much more enjoyable to be at a live game than watching some crappy stream and announcers that have no clue what they're talking about. Pretty sure we that are attending cheering our team on in masks are enjoying the live entertainment.
3 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

adam914 wrote: 2 years ago
Taylor Swift wrote: 2 years ago Win or lose, Ryan Center rules have become enough to keep people away.
I realize you are just making things up here to try and fulfill your preconceived notions, and thats fine, thats the society we live in now. But in case anyone else reading this is actually interested in the truth, there is absolutely no evidence to show that this is the case. Attendance through the first 4 home games this season is 5035 compared to 5058 through the first 4 home games of the previous season where fans were allowed to attend. So in a season where the excitement level for the team is arguably quite a bit lower than 2 years ago, the attendance is essentially the same.
Having been to all of the games including today's with only 4,132 official attendance, I believe that the announced attendance is considerably higher than the actual numbers in the seats.
Today's student section was basically empty and it is hard for me to believe that there were 4,132 people in the other seats in the building.

You could say that this is the number of seats sold but then it does seem that the number of no-shows must be higher this season. For the attendance this year to be the same as 2 years ago I find hard to believe. I like the inflated numbers since I picked the highest average attendance in this year's contest, but something just seems off.

If there are a lot of no-shows included in the numbers, then that might not bode well for the future ticket sales since people will just quit buying as no-showing is not a solid base to build a future on.
1 x