‘18 PA SG - Allen Betrand (Rhode Island Commit)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
The Dude
Tom Garrick

Re: ‘18 PA SG - Allen Betrand (Rhode Island Commit)

Unread post by The Dude »

Recovery for tearing 3 ligaments is going to take a while. If it was just the ACL or another ligament, I could see a typical recovery time of year or less, but tearing 3 ligaments is serious stuff. I hope he recovers quickly, but safely, so he doesn't re-injure himself.
1 x
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Marcus Garvey
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

Based on his IG - Betrand has surgery tomorrow.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

CamsRams wrote: 3 years ago Based on his IG - Betrand has surgery tomorrow.
Best wishes for him, he has a tough road ahead.
0 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

CamsRams wrote: 3 years ago Based on his IG - Betrand has surgery tomorrow.
Makes sense... sure there was a whole lotta swelling after that injury which they need to wait to subside before surgery.
0 x
Rhody_NYCT
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Rhody_NYCT »

Good Luck Betrand!
0 x
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Good luck AB and here's hoping for a quick and successful recovery. We need you next year!!!!
1 x
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Unread post by SandorClegane »

Any updates on Allen’s progress back from injury?
0 x
“The greatest things in life are invisible to the eye”
- Mr. Rogers
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

SandorClegane wrote: 2 years ago Any updates on Allen’s progress back from injury?
He tore his ACL, PCL and LCL, according to his Instagram post and Koch's reporting on that. Since that was in March 2021, I kind of assume he's going to miss all of the 2021-22 season, and if he does come back, it's not going to be as a rotation regular. A torn ACL in basketball is pretty much always a 12-month injury. There's nothing on his Instagram about his recovery from the injury, but it's also only been three months, so I'm not sure if he'd even be cleared to do exercise at this point.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

SGreenwell wrote: 2 years ago
SandorClegane wrote: 2 years ago Any updates on Allen’s progress back from injury?
He tore his ACL, PCL and LCL, according to his Instagram post and Koch's reporting on that. Since that was in March 2021, I kind of assume he's going to miss all of the 2021-22 season, and if he does come back, it's not going to be as a rotation regular. A torn ACL in basketball is pretty much always a 12-month injury. There's nothing on his Instagram about his recovery from the injury, but it's also only been three months, so I'm not sure if he'd even be cleared to do exercise at this point.
Actually yesterday on his IG story, he said ''great day of PT".
1 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago
SGreenwell wrote: 2 years ago
Actually yesterday on his IG story, he said ''great day of PT".
Ah - I always forget about the stories! Damn kids and their expiring media. :)
2 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

I spoke to Allen at the hotel in Daytona. Very nice kid.
He said he's feeling great and will be healed in two months. Then he can start getting back into shape and getting his game back.
3 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 years ago I spoke to Allen at the hotel in Daytona. Very nice kid.
He said he's feeling great and will be healed in two months. Then he can start getting back into shape and getting his game back.
If there's one thing this team is lacking it's a wing scorer.

Keep healing Allen!
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 years ago I spoke to Allen at the hotel in Daytona. Very nice kid.
So, that puts it at the end of January. Does he expect to come back this season?
0 x
gorhody89
ARD

Unread post by gorhody89 »

So, that puts it at the end of January. Does he expect to come back this season?
Pretty certain he is redshirting this year - makes sense probably what I would want to do rather than come back potentially too soon and burn a year of eligibility for half a season
0 x
Clapton is God
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

No he’s not…He said he’d prefer to come back strong next season. Makes sense to me
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

This should be moved into NCAA’s or bust in my opinion. It no longer has anything to do with recruiting. I feel like Don Quixote
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !