Sunshine Slam November 19-20, Daytona Beach

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

Re: Sunshine Slam November 19-20, Daytona Beach

Unread post by KevanBoyles »

sbrand wrote: 2 years ago Just bought my tickets. Can’t wait to party with whoever is going from here. I got the first drink at the reception (:
Scott, did you get your tickets through Rhody or directly from the Ocean Center?
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

rhodyruckus wrote: 2 years ago
reef wrote: 2 years ago How much for Flo sports ??
$29.99/month :lol: :lol:

In a world where we have ESPN+ at MUCH cheaper, these clowns are pricing like we're trying to watch a Mike Tyson PPV back in the day.
Both games are on Flo Sports ?? So it be 29.99 for 2 games then cancel ??
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

reef wrote: 2 years ago
reef wrote: 2 years ago How much for Flo sports ??

In a world where we have ESPN+ at MUCH cheaper, these clowns are pricing like we're trying to watch a Mike Tyson PPV back in the day.
Can someone who has Flo Sports set up a webex and share their screen? It would be much appreciated.
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

…….so, without fees, there will be no radio nor TV……..is that about it?……
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

section(105) wrote: 2 years ago …….so, without fees, there will be no radio nor TV……..is that about it?……
Unless someone in attendance wants to WebEx it :lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyruckus »

If only we had an in with this network:

0 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

section(105) wrote: 2 years ago …….so, without fees, there will be no radio nor TV……..is that about it?……
If it wasn't oh-so-believable, I'd say "unbelievable"...but here we are...really sucks!
0 x
Mobley was fouled.
sbrand
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by sbrand »

I got mine from the arena and I plan to move into a better location like I did at the A10 in Washington. We should definitely meet up?
0 x
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

sbrand wrote: 2 years ago I got mine from the arena and I plan to move into a better location like I did at the A10 in Washington. We should definitely meet up?
Definitely meet up. I’m going to the alumni Association reception at the hotel before the game. Hope to buy tickets there. If not I’ll buy them at the Ocean Center. Are you going to the reception?
0 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

any specific sections that Rhody fans are going to be.

Anyone know what sections are behind the URI bench?
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

KevanBoyles wrote: 2 years ago
sbrand wrote: 2 years ago I got mine from the arena and I plan to move into a better location like I did at the A10 in Washington. We should definitely meet up?
Definitely meet up. I’m going to the alumni Association reception at the hotel before the game. Hope to buy tickets there. If not I’ll buy them at the Ocean Center. Are you going to the reception?
I'll be at the reception
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

McRam wrote: 2 years ago any specific sections that Rhody fans are going to be.
in front of chair 5, next to the bikini girls.

bring your sunglasses
0 x
:lol:
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago
reef wrote: 2 years ago

Can someone who has Flo Sports set up a webex and share their screen? It would be much appreciated.
Looks like you can log in as representative of a CAA institution and get a rate well below $100 per year. After all, URI is a CAA Football team.

I have Flo because I watch URI Football. I’ll be watching URI - Elon Saturday at 2pm.

Stone Freeman does a great job with the football broadcasts on Flo.

So you can get this weekends basketball games plus URI Football for less than $100 per year.

https://gohofstra.com/sports/2021/8/18/ ... ation.aspx
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Ramster, so if I sigh up for Flofootball at $7.99, I can watch basketball as well? If you click on Flofootball for the Elon game it says $7.99 a month.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

I’d recommend you email or chat with them. Someone mentioned getting a 20% off deal offered to them after having inquired to the site.

I have had Flo for several years and I pay the higher price.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago Ramster, so if I sigh up for Flofootball at $7.99, I can watch basketball as well? If you click on Flofootball for the Elon game it says $7.99 a month.
Just do the whole month or else they'll charge you for the year if you buy the $7.99 a month.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago Ramster, so if I sigh up for Flofootball at $7.99, I can watch basketball as well? If you click on Flofootball for the Elon game it says $7.99 a month.
I have FloSports. If I remember right I paid $150 when it auto renewed a year ago. I’ve probably had it for 3 or more years. Driving factor for me is CAA and URI Football so I get the away games I don’t attend.

I think a sign up bonus back then might have been 2 free months for a year subscription.

So comes down to $12.50 per month year round - but I pay the Full $150 automatically.

I checked and I get both the URI Football vs Elon today at 2pm and the Sunshine Slam today.
0 x
sbrand
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by sbrand »

Of course. I love those things. I will see you there.
0 x
Ramtastico
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Ramtastico »

Ha ha, more second rate tv coverage. :roll:
0 x
Ramtastico
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Ramtastico »

Just enter tournaments that guarantee tv coverage or are affiliated with espn+. Those tournaments/contracts do exist.
0 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

If anybody's interested in meeting up, Mrs. Red and I will be in the bar hoping her Michigan State Spartans can hang with Ohio State. Game starts at noon.
0 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

ramster wrote: 2 years ago
I have FloSports. If I remember right I paid $150 when it auto renewed a year ago. I’ve probably had it for 3 or more years. Driving factor for me is CAA and URI Football so I get the away games I don’t attend.

I think a sign up bonus back then might have been 2 free months for a year subscription.

So comes down to $12.50 per month year round - but I pay the Full $150 automatically.

I checked and I get both the URI Football vs Elon today at 2pm and the Sunshine Slam today.
Compared to other streaming services, charging this much for something called FloSports might be the worst deal going these days.

I understood people get it to watch their team/Alma mater, but the price for the content seems ridiculous to me.
0 x
Go Rhody
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Ramtastico wrote: 2 years ago Just enter tournaments that guarantee tv coverage or are affiliated with espn+. Those tournaments/contracts do exist.

I am sure that is what they would desire every year as national tv coverage is invaluable. Teams must however be invited to these tournaments and I am not sure URI is high on the list for invitees. Most tournaments go for high profile names from P5 conferences and the bg east or perennial NCAA particpants. Rhody unfortunately meets none of that criteria. It has to settle for occasional invites to the better tournaments.
0 x
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

Game is on IHeart Radio B101. Stone with the call.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

I wanted to say it was great meeting some of you at the games and the receptions. We need to plan to meet up before games more often. Nothing better than talking Rhody Hoops.
3 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 years ago I wanted to say it was great meeting some of you at the games and the receptions. We need to plan to meet up before games more often. Nothing better than talking Rhody Hoops.
I second this!!
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 years ago I wanted to say it was great meeting some of you at the games and the receptions. We need to plan to meet up before games more often. Nothing better than talking Rhody Hoops.
Same here Stevey, fun watching the games with you and talking hoops.
1 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Likewise. Mrs. Red and I enjoyed meeting Love Those Rams, steveystuds, KevanBoyles, as well as a great bunch of alums. Would love to see Rhody visit Florida every year.

Conspicuous by his absence was Karl Koussa. Has he been seen at the Ryan Center this season?
2 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Rhode_Island_Red wrote: 2 years ago Likewise. Mrs. Red and I enjoyed meeting Love Those Rams, steveystuds, KevanBoyles, as well as a great bunch of alums. Would love to see Rhody visit Florida every year.

Conspicuous by his absence was Karl Koussa. Has he been seen at the Ryan Center this season?
He was at Meade a couple of weeks ago.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago
Rhode_Island_Red wrote: 2 years ago Likewise. Mrs. Red and I enjoyed meeting Love Those Rams, steveystuds, KevanBoyles, as well as a great bunch of alums. Would love to see Rhody visit Florida every year.

He was at Meade a couple of weeks ago.
He was at the Bryant game, talked to him. He said he wasn't sure about going to Daytona.
1 x