Covid-19 Effect on College Basketball & Other Sports

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Re: Covid-19 Effect on College Basketball & Other Sports

Unread post by theblueram »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago So ramster, since you won’t watch games at the Ryan center with a mask on, how about going to our rivalry game at The Dunk with no mask?

Oh wait that’s right, you’re too good and above watching the majority of games this year of your favorite basketball team in person.

And just for the record, I wholeheartedly agree with not making masks required at The Ryan Center. I hate it, but after not going last year, I’ll deal (along with thousands of others).

But then when our rivalry game has no masks required and you still don’t go?

Sounding all high and mighty for no reason at all.
Thousands at the RC? You may be disappointed. I'm with Ramster, I do not attend the game at the dump. Covid or no covid.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago So ramster, since you won’t watch games at the Ryan center with a mask on, how about going to our rivalry game at The Dunk with no mask?

Oh wait that’s right, you’re too good and above watching the majority of games this year of your favorite basketball team in person.

And just for the record, I wholeheartedly agree with not making masks required at The Ryan Center. I hate it, but after not going last year, I’ll deal (along with thousands of others).

Newsflash:. Because someone doesn't want to wear a mask to a sporting event does not make them 'too good and above'...

But keep pushing that, there's a lot of takers....
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

……..me thinks that the only thing being achieved here is that you all are compiling additional posts to the profiles……..
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
theblueram
Frank Keaney

section(105) wrote: 2 years ago ……..me thinks that the only thing being achieved here is that you all are compiling additional posts to the profiles……..
What else am I to do? I work from home, not going to games this year. So, I'm bored and post errant rants on this board. Can't talk about the team because we suck. Went to the beach. Nice day. College kids are behaving in the neighborhood. Go Rhody!!!!!!
1 x
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

💤😴💤😴💤😴.. Please close this thread!!!! Can't wait to talk hoops🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀..
5 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

…….exactly, right about now, I would welcome the discussion of when to call the TO or not call the TO…..
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago

Thousands at the RC? You may be disappointed. I'm with Ramster, I do not attend the game at the dump. Covid or no covid.
Friar15,

Your Coach For Life, $4 million salary per year Ed Cooley made the chicken shit move to drop the rivalry game last year. He then substituted FDU. Your Coach then proceeded to go 13-13, 9-10 and lost in the 1st round to the Fordham of the Big East DePaul. Dropping that URI game was the dumbest move in all of NCAA College Basketball last season.

This year CFL is picked to finish 8th in NBE and will likely finish worse than that as he continues to recruit nowhere near where a $4 million a year HC should and with a $30 million Ruane Center.

As I’ve said for a year, I’ll not go to the PC-URI game because of that chicken shit move of dropping the Game last year. Not a penny from me.

Mask or no mask makes no difference.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago

Newsflash:. Because someone doesn't want to wear a mask to a sporting event does not make them 'too good and above'...

But keep pushing that, there's a lot of takers....
That chicken shit CFL dropped the game last year. Period. Mask or no mask not a penny of mine will go to that embarrassment of a head coach.

Then he subs FDU and goes 13-13 losing to DePaul to end the suffering of his dismal season.

Best decision Michigan ever made was the No-go on Cooley.

Best news he has a lifetime contract with the Fryuzzz. Love it.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

section(105) wrote: 2 years ago …….exactly, right about now, I would welcome the discussion of when to call the TO or not call the TO…..
Maybe Create a Cox Time Out thread?
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

ram1980 wrote: 2 years ago 💤😴💤😴💤😴.. Please close this thread!!!! Can't wait to talk hoops🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀..
Why come to a Covid titled thread then?
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

I'm all for getting rid of this thread. I got more involved than I'd like. Time to just start to enjoy some basketball.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Just don’t click on it

It’s simple
No joke
Come on man

Let’s Go Brandon!
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 2 years ago Just don’t click on it

It’s simple
No joke
Come on man

Let’s Go Brandon!
And Ramster, you're one of the ones who says you're not making this political??? LMAO!!!! Stop with the Let's Go Brandon bullshit. It's ignorant.
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago

It’s simple
No joke
Come on man

Let’s Go Brandon!
And Ramster, you're one of the ones who says you're not making this political??? LMAO!!!! Stop with the Let's Go Brandon bullshit. It's ignorant.
My bad

Just get tired of people who want to lock threads. Just simply stay off a thread. Let those who want to discuss a topic discuss it and visit other threads or none.

And fwiw,
I’ve never liked locking threads even going back to the infamous JimBaron 2.0 :roll: :roll:
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 2 years ago

It’s simple
No joke
Come on man

Let’s Go Brandon!
My bad

Just get tired of people who want to lock threads. Just simply stay off a thread. Let those who want to discuss a topic discuss it and visit other threads or none.

And fwiw,
I’ve never liked locking threads even going back to the infamous JimBaron 2.0 :roll: :roll:
It's hard to ignore lately. It's always at the top of the page.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

My bad

And fwiw,
It's hard to ignore lately. It's always at the top of the page.
And unfortunately, I just put it back up there.
0 x
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyruckus »

I just put the thread up top too, now :| . Instead of anti-mask or pro-mask people constantly agreeing with each other and not changing anyone else's mind, could we *start* to track this thread towards actual Covid impact in sports?

Fortunately with the outdoor sports of MLB baseball and football college and pro, things are getting closer and closer to normal. So fingers crossed, maybe not much "news" to report as we go into the college basketball season besides the occasional positive test absence...
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

The deed is done...rolled over to next year... :(
0 x
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

It is funny because the people that are most adamant/opinionated about the head coach or the direction of this program can not find the drive to attend a game. After over a year of not being able to watch your favorite team in person. Excitement to finally be back in the Ryan Center should supersede the inconvenience of wearing a mask. If you have to fly on a Plane you have to wear a mask it is no different. I agree wearing a mask sucks and I would be in the camp that would prefer not using masks.

There is very little that would keep me away from the Ryan Center and watching games this year. Been to long and I frankly miss watching live basketball games so much.

Some of you posters I really question your level of fanhood.

If you are not willing to support your team because of a mask on your face your opinions about the program moving forward to me are meaningless.
10 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

sevegny7 wrote: 2 years ago

It is funny because the people that are most adamant/opinionated about the head coach or the direction of this program can not find the drive to attend a game. After over a year of not being able to watch your favorite team in person. Excitement to finally be back in the Ryan Center should supersede the inconvenience of wearing a mask. If you have to fly on a Plane you have to wear a mask it is no different. I agree wearing a mask sucks and I would be in the camp that would prefer not using masks.

There is very little that would keep me away from the Ryan Center and watching games this year. Been to long and I frankly miss watching live basketball games so much.

If you are not willing to support your team because of a mask on your face your opinions about the program moving forward to me are meaningless.
You crack me up, dude... question your fanhood?? Seriously? Excitement should supercede? L oh freeking L.....
2 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

sevegny7 wrote: 2 years ago

Agree 100%. Hate the mask but if you love Rhody hoops and college basketball in general you’ll suck it up for a couple hours a week. If not you are either a fairweather variety or trying to make a statement. Most any logical person thinks some of the protocols are moronic but it is what it is.
6 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Or...people could just not agree that don't care about making statements, don't think "the protocols" are reasonable enough to comply with, and decide not to go. But, I guess labeling them some other way is a good take, too. It's funny you think that way when I've said I would go to every Rhody hoops game if they were at the dunk, even tho I can walk to the Ryan and the dunk is in a h-hole 30 miles from here...but, no I guess don't love college basketball enough....okay.
0 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago Or...people could just not agree that don't care about making statements, don't think "the protocols" are reasonable enough to comply with, and decide not to go. But, I guess labeling them some other way is a good take, too. It's funny you think that way when I've said I would go to every Rhody hoops game if they were at the dunk, even tho I can walk to the Ryan and the dunk is in a h-hole 30 miles from here...but, no I guess don't love college basketball enough....okay.
I also love how people always portray how great of fans that they are and how they would be at the Ryan Center whether there are masks required , or they have no wins or there is a tornado, etc, etc. It is like they are expecting a medal! Many people have different commitments including kids, work, travel and other events at night. Does the performance of the team, coaching and the mask mandate play into my decision to make some of the games between mine and my wife’s busy schedules? Yes is the answer.
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

I bet the Ryan staff will harp on masking early and slowly everyone will just stop giving a shit

Especially if we're one of the only ones doing it.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

PeterRamTime wrote: 2 years ago I bet the Ryan staff will harp on masking early and slowly everyone will just stop giving a shit

Especially if we're one of the only ones doing it.
Never forget about the Karen's ;)
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

If most logical people believe the protocols are moronic, why would a logical person comply?
3 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Bc they’d rather watch a live basketball game vs trying to make a statement that will have little to no impact on said protocols.

I do think they will eventually relax the mask mandate as cases continue to fall.
6 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Bar, if no one showed up to the games that were open to the public because they won't wear a mask, would that change minds? Not sure. I am not complying so I won't go to games. My money will be spent elsewhere. Has nothing to do with me as a fan of this team.
3 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

bigappleram wrote: 2 years ago Bc they’d rather watch a live basketball game vs trying to make a statement that will have little to no impact on said protocols.

I do think they will eventually relax the mask mandate as cases continue to fall.
It’s really as simple as this.

NOBODY is going to enjoy wearing masks at games, and most probably don’t agree with the mandate (I do not agree with it). But most are willing to so they can enjoy live basketball in Kingston for the first time in 2 years.

And yea, I don’t see the mask mandate lasting all season.
0 x
Go Rhody
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago
bigappleram wrote: 2 years ago Bc they’d rather watch a live basketball game vs trying to make a statement that will have little to no impact on said protocols.

It’s really as simple as this.

NOBODY is going to enjoy wearing masks at games, and most probably don’t agree with the mandate (I do not agree with it). But most are willing to so they can enjoy live basketball in Kingston for the first time in 2 years.

And as soon as it ends I'll be there...and I won't be judging your fanhood if you decide to wear a mask ;)
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago Bar, if no one showed up to the games that were open to the public because they won't wear a mask, would that change minds? Not sure. I am not complying so I won't go to games. My money will be spent elsewhere. Has nothing to do with me as a fan of this team.
Blue I don’t think if literally 0 fans showed up it would do anything to change the protocols that are being driven by people way beyond anyone at the RC or even URI. Do you think McKee cares if the RC is empty ?
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

bigappleram wrote: 2 years ago
theblueram wrote: 2 years ago Bar, if no one showed up to the games that were open to the public because they won't wear a mask, would that change minds? Not sure. I am not complying so I won't go to games. My money will be spent elsewhere. Has nothing to do with me as a fan of this team.
Blue I don’t think if literally 0 fans showed up it would do anything to change the protocols that are being driven by people way beyond anyone at the RC or even URI. Do you think McKee cares if the RC is empty ?
Unfortunately I don't. I think what is happening with these rules is almost criminal. Like masking children in school. But like you said, it is what it is.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unfortunately I don't. I think what is happening with these rules is almost criminal. Like masking children in school. But like you said, it is what it is.
Maybe the kids should have their classes at the Dunk? Because science?
2 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

“It’ll just be 15 days so that hospitals can handle the increase of people, then it’ll go back to normal.”
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago The deed is done...rolled over to next year... :(
Did you get to keep your same seats? Or do you get best available next year?
1 x
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

Until every power hungry politician figures out they are not going to get reelected.
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago

“It’ll just be 15 days so that hospitals can handle the increase of people, then it’ll go back to normal.”
They call that Flattening the curve
3 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago The deed is done...rolled over to next year... :(
Did you get to keep your same seats? Or do you get best available next year?
Not sure, I would assume same seats...will cross that bridge if we ever get there, I guess.

Went back and checked the email and it's that $ for those seats. I would think if the price went up I'd have to cover that.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

All politicians care about is getting re-elected. It starts the moment they are sworn in.

The people they are supposed to represent?

Nah.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

rambone 78 wrote: 2 years ago All politicians care about is getting re-elected. It starts the moment they are sworn in.

The people they are supposed to represent?

Nah.
Rambone, everybody knows this has nothing to do with politics, it's all about the science. People wouldn't go around wearing masks for no reason, right?
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

The masks are like anything else. Its what peoples comfortability level is. If its cold, some where a t-shirt, others look like an eskimo. Clearly, having a double mask and gloves while driving alone is an obvious case of paranoia. Others avoid wearing a mask at all times. I think the mask should be up to the individual at this point.
2 x
GO RAMS
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Multiple people have complained on this board about masks. Have any of you contacted state officials about your displeasure? What was their response?
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

After attending last nights game am convinced the home court advantage will be much lesser as long as this policy continues. It's just bizarre seeing dozens of masked cheerleaders. Thanks Governor!
0 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

DeanDome88 wrote: 2 years ago After attending last nights game am convinced the home court advantage will be much lesser as long as this policy continues. It's just bizarre seeing dozens of masked cheerleaders. Thanks Governor!
I wondered why the cheerleaders couldn't remove their masks while on the floor? The players can.
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

LoveThoseRams wrote: 2 years ago
DeanDome88 wrote: 2 years ago After attending last nights game am convinced the home court advantage will be much lesser as long as this policy continues. It's just bizarre seeing dozens of masked cheerleaders. Thanks Governor!
I wondered why the cheerleaders couldn't remove their masks while on the floor? The players can.
Waiting for NYG's response......'science'.
3 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Cheerleaders and children at school? Mask 'em!

The governor at every random public event? No mask.

Science!!
3 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago
Cheerleaders and children at school? Mask 'em!

The governor at every random public event? No mask.

Science!!

(Playing devils advocate here)

Majority of school children are not vaxxed. Not taking one side or the other, just stating what government’s justification is for masking them.
2 x
Go Rhody
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

The whole thing is cray-donculous...but yeah, keep focusing on me instead of saying anything about it ;)

The science has no clothes, just don't object to it :roll:
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

LoveThoseRams wrote: 2 years ago
Waiting for NYG's response......'science'.
You're starting to sound like a sap....
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

The baseline question of this whole mess is "masks at the Ry, but not at the dunk?". People want to freak at the very asking of the question, and talk about "who" decides and have everyone just shut up about it..but that's not the question...the question is "why the difference?"...and no one wants to confront that... they'd rather just go along with whatever and ridicule the ones saying that the science has no clothes.
2 x