2021-22 Schedule (top post is current)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
reef
Frank Keaney

Re: 2021-22 Schedule (top post is current)

Unread post by reef »

8-5 definitely sounds reasonable then I can see 10-8 in conf based on who we are playing

18-13 baby !!
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

If we go 8-5 against that OOC schedule, we aren't winning 10 league games, that's for sure.

That's a recipe for a 7-11 league record, and sayonara for a certain coach.
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

rambone 78 wrote: 2 years ago If we go 8-5 against that OOC schedule, we aren't winning 10 league games, that's for sure.

That's a recipe for a 7-11 league record, and sayonara for a certain coach.
I wouldn't be so sure about that Bone, this team is a little bit of a wild card, not sure what to expect.

Reef's guess is as good as anyone's, what is your record prediction?
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

DC_Rams wrote: 2 years ago
PlayMikeMotenMore wrote: 2 years ago
theblueram wrote: 2 years ago Any loss on that pathetic OOC schedule will result in a meltdown on this board. 55 pc is the highest ranked opponent? Gonna be interesting on this board this year.
Which is unfortunate. People think you should just automatically win because you have better players. So many factors affect the game. That's why we love sports...because it's unpredictable. And college athletes are 18-22 years old with a lot of stuff going on in their lives. They're not robots and not machines. If you think URI should win every non-conference game just because some algorithm says they have X% likelihood of winning, then don't watch. (So says the Titans over the Bills.)
Chill bro, these washed up, unathletic adults are all former National championship head coaches and D1 players. They pay their monies, these coaches and players better live up to their predetermined expectations, plus some. These aren’t individuals that suit up in Keaney Blue, with lives, god forbid.

Stop trying to make sense, sense doesn’t live here.

And before my number 1 fans reply…. Don’t.
Tell me you don’t understand what being a fan is, without telling me you don’t understand what being a fan is.

Imagine coming on a message board for fans to say that. Yikes.
2 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

What a surprise, Blue Man believes anything less than being undefeated going into conference play means we should blow up the program. He wants to set the stage for tearing the program down all season long. My guess for the season is 23-8, and there will be some great wins and bad losses as usual. And David Cox will be A10 Coach of the Year, and off to a school where fans and the administration show him some respect with a multi-million dollar contract.
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

………put me down for being somewhere between blowing the program up, and Cox as Coach of the Year for the A-10……..
Last edited by section(105) 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Rhody72 wrote: 2 years ago What a surprise, Blue Man believes anything less than being undefeated going into conference play means we should blow up the program. He wants to set the stage for tearing the program down all season long. My guess for the season is 23-8, and there will be some great wins and bad losses as usual. And David Cox will be A10 Coach of the Year, and off to a school where fans and the administration show him some respect with a multi-million dollar contract.
Holy lolz....
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago
Rhody72 wrote: 2 years ago What a surprise, Blue Man believes anything less than being undefeated going into conference play means we should blow up the program. He wants to set the stage for tearing the program down all season long. My guess for the season is 23-8, and there will be some great wins and bad losses as usual. And David Cox will be A10 Coach of the Year, and off to a school where fans and the administration show him some respect with a multi-million dollar contract.
Holy lolz....
Are you David's agent? :lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago
Holy lolz....
ahhhh....72 might be...that statement was astonishing...(altho perfectly acceptable for a message board ;) )
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

I'll say it again.....I can't WAIT for the prediction contest!

That 23-8 prediction made my day......

Obie, let's get it going!
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

I mean I usually avoid even pretending you exist because I am still convinced you are the greatest troll ever. You so seamlessly portray the stereotypical south county bumpkin who hasn't been north of the tower since 1984, except for a funeral one time in 2007.

At least DC Rams has a personal interest in defending Cox and just doesn't understand that no one dislikes Dave, no one is rooting against Dave, just that no one is happy with the basketball team's performance and trajectory at the moment.

Your act, on the otherhand, is phenomenal. Your method-acting commitment to pretending to be this stereotypical fan who doesn't know how to watch any other basketball team, understand the context of collegiate sports on a national scale, and that URI should just accept being a third tier basketball program because we've never sustained any period of greatness is on a Heath Ledger Joker level.

But even as a troll, I guess I would just say "tell me you don't understand the significance of OOC SOS, without telling me you don't understand the significance of OOC SOS."
1 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

rambone 78 wrote: 2 years ago I'll say it again.....I can't WAIT for the prediction contest!

That 23-8 prediction made my day......

Obie, let's get it going!
Indeed....quite the range....from 23-8 to "worried about Ga State and Bryant"
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

DC_Rams wrote: 2 years ago
theblueram wrote: 2 years ago Any loss on that pathetic OOC schedule will result in a meltdown on this board. 55 pc is the highest ranked opponent? Gonna be interesting on this board this year.
Which is unfortunate. People think you should just automatically win because you have better players. So many factors affect the game. That's why we love sports...because it's unpredictable. And college athletes are 18-22 years old with a lot of stuff going on in their lives. They're not robots and not machines. If you think URI should win every non-conference game just because some algorithm says they have X% likelihood of winning, then don't watch. (So says the Titans over the Bills.)
Chill bro, these washed up, unathletic adults are all former National championship head coaches and D1 players. They pay their monies, these coaches and players better live up to their predetermined expectations, plus some. These aren’t individuals that suit up in Keaney Blue, with lives, god forbid.

Stop trying to make sense, sense doesn’t live here.

And before my number 1 fans reply…. Don’t.
STOP. You don't need to be like this all season again. We can disagree and have a discussion. Why must you constantly sink to your level and call other people on here stupid, moronic, unathletic, washed up, pathetic humans blah blah blah. You also don't need to tell people to go F themselves or F off and other unnecessary things you like you say. Let's all stick to talking Rhody hoops and stop getting personal.
3 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

Last year murdered casual fan interest, and this schedule does absolutely nothing to get it back. Like what home game on the schedule is getting anyone hyped? Theres nothing there. We dont even get top tier A10 pairings anymore lol. If cox doesnt make the tournament (i dont expect he will) its gunna get ugly.
2 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

rhodysurf wrote: 2 years ago Last year murdered casual fan interest, and this schedule does absolutely nothing to get it back. Like what home game on the schedule is getting anyone hyped? Theres nothing there. We dont even get top tier A10 pairings anymore lol. If cox doesnt make the tournament (i dont expect he will) its gunna get ugly.
Ya, but Kentucky was bad last year!
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Unread post by PlayMikeMotenMore »

rhodysurf wrote: 2 years ago Last year murdered casual fan interest, and this schedule does absolutely nothing to get it back. Like what home game on the schedule is getting anyone hyped? Theres nothing there. We dont even get top tier A10 pairings anymore lol. If cox doesnt make the tournament (i dont expect he will) its gunna get ugly.
So basically they have to like 28-4 or you'd have him canned.
0 x
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by KingstonLane »

Anything less than 20 wins is unacceptable with this schedule
2 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

KingstonLane wrote: 2 years ago Anything less than 20 wins is unacceptable with this schedule
But but....Bryant is going to be hyped! :o
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Like was said, the game threads on here are going to be quite entertaining, to say the least.

I've been asked by several folks what my total win prediction will be.....I'm going to reserve judgement until the contest starts....but rest assured it's not going to be 20 or more lol.

The range of predictions will be especially large I think, from dreamers like 72, to those who think we'll crash and burn like Baron did his last season.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

I think the weak OOC schedule may actually lead to some higher win total predictions then expected, but yeah agreed it will probably be kind of all over the place. I haven't put in the time to go game by game myself yet, but will once the contest opens up.
1 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

rhodysurf wrote: 2 years ago Last year murdered casual fan interest, and this schedule does absolutely nothing to get it back. Like what home game on the schedule is getting anyone hyped? Theres nothing there. We dont even get top tier A10 pairings anymore lol. If Cox doesnt make the tournament (i dont expect he will) its gunna get ugly.
That's an exaggeration. No one has said we need to win 28 games, or Thorr should fire Cox. A lot of us feel we should beat the weak teams on our schedule... It's not unreasonable for any fanbase to expect their team to win most of the games they are the favored.. I don't think anyone should be outraged because the die-hard fans of this program want to see results against inferior opponents.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Holy lolz....
ahhhh....72 might be...that statement was astonishing...(altho perfectly acceptable for a message board ;) )
I actually think 72 is brilliant, he knows how to stir the pot and light up this message board. Good job :D
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 years ago
Ya, but Kentucky was bad last year!
Quick rebound. Duke and Kentucky are different than most schools as they depend a lot on "1 and done" top prospects. Some of Kentucky's biggest freshmen prospects last season did not perform as hoped. As with most years, this hear represents a new batch of "1 and dones".

0 x
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

Meh they wouldnt really have to go 28-4 to make the tournament. But come on, this schedule sucks and the underwhelming results of last year dont really scream that they will overperform (i hope that they do). I will watch every game, but my friends who are casual fans will not give a shit unless they go on a tear. IDK i am finding it really hard to get excited for this season, which hasnt been the case for me since barons last year. Other die hard URI fans in my life are all saying the same things.
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Jersey77 wrote: 2 years ago

I actually think 72 is brilliant, he knows how to stir the pot and light up this message board. Good job :D
But his takes are so outrageous, they can't even be taken seriously.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

The page of this thread is a microcosm of America -- some wild hot takes on polar opposite sides of the spectrum sprinkled with some uncivilized name calling and trolling.
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Jersey77 wrote: 2 years ago

But his takes are so outrageous, they can't even be taken seriously.
Yeah, he does take it to a different level, which sets off all the responses.
I find it all quite amusing.
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

bigappleram wrote: 2 years ago The page of this thread is a microcosm of America -- some wild hot takes on polar opposite sides of the spectrum sprinkled with some uncivilized name calling and trolling.
The Rhody fanbase is similar to that of the nation - it also has its fair share of loud idiots.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Rhody 72 is very amusing. I legit crack up at some of the takes. I'd much rather have that than the name-calling, and internet tough guy stuff from we all know who.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 years ago Rhody 72 is very amusing. I legit crack up at some of the takes. I'd much rather have that than the name-calling, and internet tough guy stuff from we all know who.
Wild off the wall takes are always OK here!

Just the rude insensitive ones aren't.

Like was said, it's all a microcosm of today's society.
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Single game tickets are now on sale, for anyone who is interested.
0 x
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

Get em quick!
Good luck to the RC selling single games. These prices are the same as the Hurley peak seasons. Why are they still that high???
Did some quick math- a corner loge season ticket is $375. If you buy each game individually it’s 395. Other than the same seat and 20 bux no real season ticket benefit either.
1 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

rhodysurf wrote: 2 years ago
Meh they wouldnt really have to go 28-4 to make the tournament. But come on, this schedule sucks and the underwhelming results of last year dont really scream that they will overperform (i hope that they do). I will watch every game, but my friends who are casual fans will not give a shit unless they go on a tear. IDK i am finding it really hard to get excited for this season, which hasnt been the case for me since barons last year. Other die hard URI fans in my life are all saying the same things.
This is the truth. Any chance of bringing on extra fans into the Ryan center will be based on winning. The awful schedule, low expectations and mask regulations make for a bad recipe. There will be no interest if NIT bubble is the ceiling. Getting the mask mandate removed is the only thing they can control at this point. Firing the coach if they have another unsuccessful season will be the be the next step.
1 x
Rhody_NYCT
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Rhody_NYCT »

It's really pathetic how much negativity is on this board. If the players are reading this, just remember that there are many more people excited for the season than those who are not. Don't let a handful of people pollute your thoughts.
0 x
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

Rhody_NYCT wrote: 2 years ago It's really pathetic how much negativity is on this board. If the players are reading this, just remember that there are many more people excited for the season than those who are not. Don't let a handful of people pollute your thoughts.
Attendance will clearly show how many people are excited for the season- plenty of seats avail. How do the players feel about the Rhody madness turnout?
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Rhody_NYCT wrote: 2 years ago It's really pathetic how much negativity is on this board. If the players are reading this, just remember that there are many more people excited for the season than those who are not. Don't let a handful of people pollute your thoughts.
Cmon. The team was 10-15 last year. We have the same team this year. There are no participation trophies being handed out this year.
1 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

“All the negativity in this town sucks…. EC Matthews is not walking through that door, Hassan Martin is not walking through that door, Jared Terrell is not walking through that door, and if you expect them to walk through that door they are going to be gray and old”.

1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

I feel our schedule will have very little impact on fan attendance.

Much will depend on how well our team performs, not on perceived expectations or predictions.
Also factors such as vaccine requirements, mask mandates, and some people still choose to avoid large crowds (especially indoors) will play a large role in the crowds at the RC.

Under normal circumstances, if the team is playing well and regardless of the competition, the fans will show up.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

I have heard from many people closer to the program than I am, and most of them are NOT optimistic about this season.

Take it for what it's worth.

And I'm NOT saying this because I want to be negative. It's just what I've heard....of course I believe them for the most part.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

rambone 78 wrote: 2 years ago I have heard from many people closer to the program than I am, and most of them are NOT optimistic about this season.

Take it for what it's worth.

And I'm NOT saying this because I want to be negative. It's just what I've heard....of course I believe them for the most part.
Congrats, thanks for the update.
0 x
Go Rhody
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

I really hope you are right because I would love a loud Ryan Center this year. I'm always excited for Rhody hoops. From speaking with all the fans I know and with some at the scrimmage, most are worried about the state of the program but want to give Cox this year.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

RI is noted as a State of losers who are negative about everything from the Greenhouse Compact to the PawSox. Citizens are even proud of being the last State to join the union. You see in the negative posts on this Board, so many posters who do not know what it takes to make a winner. It leaves one wondering whether it is a lack of education or heredity. Even with all the talent that URI has imported, it has been unable to change the culture. The URI basketball program is improving and better than average in the A10, yet so many so-called fans can't support the team. Sad.
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Rhody72 wrote: 2 years ago RI is noted as a State of losers who are negative about everything from the Greenhouse Compact to the PawSox. Citizens are even proud of being the last State to join the union. You see in the negative posts on this Board, so many posters who do not know what it takes to make a winner. It leaves one wondering whether it is a lack of education or heredity. Even with all the talent that URI has imported, it has been unable to change the culture. The URI basketball program is improving and better than average in the A10, yet so many so-called fans can't support the team. Sad.
Did your clown ass just say URI basketball is improving? We won two A10 championships and two NCAA tourney games few years ago and just went 10-15 last year, with no NCAA birth on the horizon.

You are such a joke.
Last edited by Rhody15 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
Go Rhody
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago
Rhody72 wrote: 2 years ago RI is noted as a State of losers who are negative about everything from the Greenhouse Compact to the PawSox. Citizens are even proud of being the last State to join the union. You see in the negative posts on this Board, so many posters who do not know what it takes to make a winner. It leaves one wondering whether it is a lack of education or heredity. Even with all the talent that URI has imported, it has been unable to change the culture. The URI basketball program is improving and better than average in the A10, yet so many so-called fans can't support the team. Sad.
Did your clown ass just say URI basketball is improving? We won two A10 championships and two NCAA tourney games fee years ago and just went 10-15 lady year, with no NCAA birth on the horizon.

You are such a joke.
But....."better than average in the A10".... that's good, right?
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Hahaaha

Anyone that still thought you were a URI fan knows you’re a PC troll after this one. It’s still a funny take, though.
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Like how do people not realize this dude is a troll yet?
1 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

I don't think 72 is a troll, just that he's 71 and getting senile.......just joking 72.......
0 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

For anyone attending the FGCU-URI game, tickets went on sale this morning.

FGCUTickets.com

See you there….
0 x
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by KingstonLane »

Is the “secret” scrimmage with St John’s still scheduled to be played?
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

rambone 78 wrote: 2 years ago I don't think 72 is a troll, just that he's 71 and getting senile.......just joking 72.......

Hes so talkative these days too
0 x