2021-22 Schedule (top post is current)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Re: 2021-22 Schedule (top post is current)

Unread post by Jersey77 »

ramster wrote: 2 years ago
Jersey77 wrote: 2 years ago

Syracuse moved away from him due to the turnovers
Same turnover issues were there last season
Not a good ball handler or passer.
Forget the Top 50 stuff
I have, and not overly impressed by rankings.
Just trying to understand why they would of highlighted Carey.
Maybe because they have never seen him play?
True
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I will take over 93 maybe 120ish
0 x
ramsman75
Jeff Kent

Unread post by ramsman75 »

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere but the following information was emailed to season ticket holders

University of Rhode Island Updated COVID-19 Polices - Men's Basketball and Large URI Events (Events over 250 & 35% of venue capacity)

The University is requiring all guests 12 years and older are required to present proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 (fully vaccinated is defined as at least 14 days after receiving either a two-dose or one-dose FDA or WHO authorized COVID-19 vaccine) OR proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours of game time or proof of a negative COVID-19 antigen test (rapid test) taken within 6 hours of game time. AT HOME tests will not be accepted.

Please Note: The requirement to show proof of vaccination or negative test does not apply to current URI students and employees presenting a valid URI ID at a Men's Basketball game or a large event.

These entry requirements will go into effect immediately.

Additionally, the University is requiring all guests over the age of 2 to wear a mask at the Ryan Center at any time, except while actively eating or drinking as permitted.

The mask requirement while indoors will remain in effect until further notice.

These policies will continue to be reviewed and updated on an ongoing basis.
1 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

Just read that. 😶
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Unread post by PlayMikeMotenMore »

ramsman75 wrote: 2 years ago Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere but the following information was emailed to season ticket holders

University of Rhode Island Updated COVID-19 Polices - Men's Basketball and Large URI Events (Events over 250 & 35% of venue capacity)

The University is requiring all guests 12 years and older are required to present proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 (fully vaccinated is defined as at least 14 days after receiving either a two-dose or one-dose FDA or WHO authorized COVID-19 vaccine) OR proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours of game time or proof of a negative COVID-19 antigen test (rapid test) taken within 6 hours of game time. AT HOME tests will not be accepted.

Please Note: The requirement to show proof of vaccination or negative test does not apply to current URI students and employees presenting a valid URI ID at a Men's Basketball game or a large event.

Additionally, the University is requiring all guests over the age of 2 to wear a mask at the Ryan Center at any time, except while actively eating or drinking as permitted.

Good!
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

PlayMikeMotenMore wrote: 2 years ago
ramsman75 wrote: 2 years ago Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere but the following information was emailed to season ticket holders

Good!
Does this mean Ryan Center will be limited to 35% capacity?
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Good!
I'm sorry, I must've misread... what's the "good' part?
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Good!
Ramster, currently allowing full capacity, just checked.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Good!
So what does the 35% mean in the memo other than to potentially confuse?
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

So what does the 35% mean in the memo other than to potentially confuse?
The way I read it is, if the attendance is less than 35% capacity, those rules no longer apply. I don't know how you know ahead of time if the attendance is going to be less, unless they mandated the cap at 35%.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

A large event is anyone that is over 250 people and at least 35% of the venue's capacity. As a large event it falls under certain rules, like the ones outlined in the policy
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
RhodyFanNotAlum
Kenny Green

Unread post by RhodyFanNotAlum »

From a personal standpoint, I don't mind this policy. It has no impact on my decision to attend games, which I will be doing whatever the policy is, and I think it reduces the potential for spreading the virus. However it's virtually guaranteed to keep at least some fans away during a season when attendance is already going to be a concern because of several other factors. The best middle ground in my view would be keeping the vaccine-or-negative-test requirement while making masks optional. I attended a concert at Madison Square Garden last month and proof of vaccination was required for entry but masks were optional once inside. If that's a good enough policy for the world's most famous arena, it should be good enough for the Ryan Center.
1 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

RhodyFanNotAlum wrote: 2 years ago From a personal standpoint, I don't mind this policy. It has no impact on my decision to attend games, which I will be doing whatever the policy is, and I think it reduces the potential for spreading the virus. However it's virtually guaranteed to keep at least some fans away during a season when attendance is already going to be a concern because of several other factors. The best middle ground in my view would be keeping the vaccine-or-negative-test requirement while making masks optional. I attended a concert at Madison Square Garden last month and proof of vaccination was required for entry but masks were optional once inside. If that's a good enough policy for the world's most famous arena, it should be good enough for the Ryan Center.
Were they allowing negative PCR tests to or only proof of vaccination at MSG? From a quick search it seems like maybe it varies by event. I totally agree with you on the masks being optional if they were just requiring proof of vaccination. I think when you're also allowing negative tests though it gets to be a little tricky and the addition of masks probably makes sense for indoor venues in that case.
0 x
RhodyFanNotAlum
Kenny Green

Unread post by RhodyFanNotAlum »

adam914 wrote: 2 years ago
RhodyFanNotAlum wrote: 2 years ago From a personal standpoint, I don’t mind this policy. It has no impact on my decision to attend games, which I will be doing whatever the policy is, and I think it reduces the potential for spreading the virus. However it’s virtually guaranteed to keep at least some fans away during a season when attendance is already going to be a concern because of several other factors. The best middle ground in my view would be keeping the vaccine-or-negative-test requirement while making masks optional. I attended a concert at Madison Square Garden last month and proof of vaccination was required for entry but masks were optional once inside. If that’s a good enough policy for the world’s most famous arena, it should be good enough for the Ryan Center.
Were they allowing negative PCR tests to or only proof of vaccination at MSG? From a quick search it seems like maybe it varies by event. I totally agree with you on the masks being optional if they were just requiring proof of vaccination. I think when you’re also allowing negative tests though it gets to be a little tricky and the addition of masks probably makes sense for indoor venues in that case.
Oh, I guess you’re right — it was proof of vaccination only and that does simplify things considerably.
1 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

RhodyFanNotAlum wrote: 2 years ago
adam914 wrote: 2 years ago
RhodyFanNotAlum wrote: 2 years ago From a personal standpoint, I don’t mind this policy. It has no impact on my decision to attend games, which I will be doing whatever the policy is, and I think it reduces the potential for spreading the virus. However it’s virtually guaranteed to keep at least some fans away during a season when attendance is already going to be a concern because of several other factors. The best middle ground in my view would be keeping the vaccine-or-negative-test requirement while making masks optional. I attended a concert at Madison Square Garden last month and proof of vaccination was required for entry but masks were optional once inside. If that’s a good enough policy for the world’s most famous arena, it should be good enough for the Ryan Center.
Were they allowing negative PCR tests to or only proof of vaccination at MSG? From a quick search it seems like maybe it varies by event. I totally agree with you on the masks being optional if they were just requiring proof of vaccination. I think when you’re also allowing negative tests though it gets to be a little tricky and the addition of masks probably makes sense for indoor venues in that case.
Oh, I guess you’re right — it was proof of vaccination only and that does simplify things considerably.
Yeah, I kind of wish places were just sticking with the proof of vaccination instead.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 years ago A large event is anyone that is over 250 people and at least 35% of the venue's capacity. As a large event it falls under certain rules, like the ones outlined in the policy
Unless...it's at the dunk
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

A10 secret scrimmage matchup is out.
URI tough scrimmage against St John's 10/31, predicted top 5 in the BE.

0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 years ago
Rhodyram wrote: 2 years ago
Looking at the overall schedule, This team can surprise and win 20+ games and still not get an NIT invite.
Rhodyram don't get too carried away, we win 20+ games and we will definitely get an NIT bid.
Our schedule isn't that ridiculous and the A10 is a respectable conference.
Last year in an abbreviated season with only 16 NIT invites (out of 32) the A10 got 4 teams in: SLU, Richmond, Dayton, and Davidson.
Dayton also lost to Fordham, Duquesne, St. Joe's, and us.
Unfortunately, Rhodyram could be right. With our schedule, it's going to be very hard. You have to have a few good wins to go to the NIT, never mind the NCAA's.

Anything can happen and these are only my projections for next season,.. We could go undefeated in Quad 3/4 games and have 21 wins.

Quad 1 opportunities- 2 games
Quad 2 opportunities- 8 games
Quad 3 opportunities- 9 games
Quad 4 opportunities- 12 games

vs Boston University (Q4)
vs Bryant (Q3)
vs Boston College (Q4)
vs. Tulsa (Q3)
vs. Boston College or Utah (Q4) or (Q2)
at Florida Gulf Coast (Q4)
vs. Georgia St (Q3)
at Harvard (Q2)
at Providence (Q2)- This could be a Quad 1 game.
vs Sacred Heart (Q4)
at Milwaukee (Q3)- I think they will be close to a Q2 game.
vs College of Charleston (Q4)
vs Brown (Q4)
vs Dayton (Q3)
vs LaSalle (Q4)
at George Mason (Q3)
at Davidson (Q2)
vs St. Joes (Q4)
at Umass (Q2)
vs GW (Q4)
vs Richmond (Q2) Could be Quad 1
at Dayton (Q2)
at Fordham (Q4)
vs Umass (Q3)
at VCU (Q1)
vs Davidson (Q3)
at GW (Q4)
at Bonnies (Q1)
vs Duquense (Q4)
vs St. Louis (Q2)
at St. Joes (Q3)
Stevie,

I ranked the OOC Games by Quadrant based on the CBS and Ken Pom Rankings for each team and incorporated the ranges for Home/Away/Neutral games.

Overall it is the weakest schedule I can recall in some time.

In looking at the OOC Schedule using rankings from CBS:

260 Q4 - vs Boston University (Q4)
183 Q4 - vs Bryant (Q3)
174 Q4 - vs Boston College (Q4)
150 Q3 - vs. Tulsa (Q3)
174 Q4 - vs. Boston College or 103 Q3 - Utah
228 Q3 - at Florida Gulf Coast (Q4)
117 Q3 - vs. Georgia St (Q3)
109 Q3 - at Harvard (Q2)
55 Q1 - at Providence (Q2)- This could be a Quad 1 game.
309 Q4 - vs Sacred Heart (Q4)
205 Q3 - at Milwaukee (Q3)- I think they will be close to a Q2 game.
253 Q4 - vs College of Charleston (Q4)
156 Q3 - vs Brown (Q4)

1-Q1
0-Q2
6-Q3
6-Q4

In looking at the OOC Schedule using rankings from Ken Pom:

198 Q4 - vs Boston University (Q4)
204 Q4 - vs Bryant (Q3)
146 Q3 - vs Boston College (Q4)
133 Q3 - vs. Tulsa (Q3)
146 Q3 - vs. Boston College or 93 Q2 - Utah
208 Q3 - at Florida Gulf Coast (Q4)
103 Q3 - vs. Georgia St (Q3)
190 Q3 - at Harvard (Q2)
85 Q2 - at Providence (Q2)- This could be a Quad 1 game.
261 Q4 - vs Sacred Heart (Q4)
119 Q2 - at Milwaukee (Q3)- I think they will be close to a Q2 game.
250 Q4 - vs College of Charleston (Q4)
251 Q4 - vs Brown (Q4)

0-Q1
2-Q2
6-Q3
5-Q4
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Rhodyram don't get too carried away, we win 20+ games and we will definitely get an NIT bid.
Our schedule isn't that ridiculous and the A10 is a respectable conference.
Last year in an abbreviated season with only 16 NIT invites (out of 32) the A10 got 4 teams in: SLU, Richmond, Dayton, and Davidson.
Dayton also lost to Fordham, Duquesne, St. Joe's, and us.
Unfortunately, Rhodyram could be right. With our schedule, it's going to be very hard. You have to have a few good wins to go to the NIT, never mind the NCAA's.

Anything can happen and these are only my projections for next season,.. We could go undefeated in Quad 3/4 games and have 21 wins.

Quad 1 opportunities- 2 games
Quad 2 opportunities- 8 games
Quad 3 opportunities- 9 games
Quad 4 opportunities- 12 games

vs Boston University (Q4)
vs Bryant (Q3)
vs Boston College (Q4)
vs. Tulsa (Q3)
vs. Boston College or Utah (Q4) or (Q2)
at Florida Gulf Coast (Q4)
vs. Georgia St (Q3)
at Harvard (Q2)
at Providence (Q2)- This could be a Quad 1 game.
vs Sacred Heart (Q4)
at Milwaukee (Q3)- I think they will be close to a Q2 game.
vs College of Charleston (Q4)
vs Brown (Q4)
vs Dayton (Q3)
vs LaSalle (Q4)
at George Mason (Q3)
at Davidson (Q2)
vs St. Joes (Q4)
at Umass (Q2)
vs GW (Q4)
vs Richmond (Q2) Could be Quad 1
at Dayton (Q2)
at Fordham (Q4)
vs Umass (Q3)
at VCU (Q1)
vs Davidson (Q3)
at GW (Q4)
at Bonnies (Q1)
vs Duquense (Q4)
vs St. Louis (Q2)
at St. Joes (Q3)
Stevie,

I ranked the OOC Games by Quadrant based on the CBS and Ken Pom Rankings for each team and incorporated the ranges for Home/Away/Neutral games.

Overall it is the weakest schedule I can recall in some time.

In looking at the OOC Schedule using rankings from CBS:

260 Q4 - vs Boston University (Q4)
183 Q4 - vs Bryant (Q3)
174 Q4 - vs Boston College (Q4)
150 Q3 - vs. Tulsa (Q3)
174 Q4 - vs. Boston College or 103 Q3 - Utah
228 Q3 - at Florida Gulf Coast (Q4)
117 Q3 - vs. Georgia St (Q3)
109 Q3 - at Harvard (Q2)
55 Q1 - at Providence (Q2)- This could be a Quad 1 game.
309 Q4 - vs Sacred Heart (Q4)
205 Q3 - at Milwaukee (Q3)- I think they will be close to a Q2 game.
253 Q4 - vs College of Charleston (Q4)
156 Q3 - vs Brown (Q4)

1-Q1
0-Q2
6-Q3
6-Q4

In looking at the OOC Schedule using rankings from Ken Pom:

198 Q4 - vs Boston University (Q4)
204 Q4 - vs Bryant (Q3)
146 Q3 - vs Boston College (Q4)
133 Q3 - vs. Tulsa (Q3)
146 Q3 - vs. Boston College or 93 Q2 - Utah
208 Q3 - at Florida Gulf Coast (Q4)
103 Q3 - vs. Georgia St (Q3)
190 Q3 - at Harvard (Q2)
85 Q2 - at Providence (Q2)- This could be a Quad 1 game.
261 Q4 - vs Sacred Heart (Q4)
119 Q2 - at Milwaukee (Q3)- I think they will be close to a Q2 game.
250 Q4 - vs College of Charleston (Q4)
251 Q4 - vs Brown (Q4)

0-Q1
2-Q2
6-Q3
5-Q4
Wow

Ya, we should have a lot of wins that do nothing for our resume. I guess it will be fun to see us winning more games though. Then again this schedule could lead to us having a mental breakdown if we lose to some of these teams.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

I look at this season as gaining confidence and building momentum.

Do I think we have a realistic shot at the NCAAT? Not unless by some miracle we win the A10T.

However I feel that if we do win 20 reg. season games and maybe 1 A10T game, then we will get an NIT invite.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Jersey77 wrote: 2 years ago I look at this season as gaining confidence and building momentum.

Do I think we have a realistic shot at the NCAAT? Not unless by some miracle we win the A10T.

However I feel that if we do win 20 reg. season games and maybe 1 A10T game, then we will get an NIT invite.
I think we have a better chance with a player like Shep this year than next year without him. He's a significant loss and I think EA will be as well. We also may lose Walker. I know last year didn't count, and he's still a "junior," but if he has aspirations of playing overseas, he may go after what I expect to be a tremendous season this year
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Jersey77 wrote: 2 years ago I look at this season as gaining confidence and building momentum.

I think we have a better chance with a player like Shep this year than next year without him. He's a significant loss and I think EA will be as well. We also may lose Walker. I know last year didn't count, and he's still a "junior," but if he has aspirations of playing overseas, he may go after what I expect to be a tremendous season this year
Stevey, I look at it this way the losses from Richmond and probably the Bonnies will be much greater than ours (addition by subtraction).
SLU will also lose Perkins, favorite for A10POY
As you always said our strength is the frontcourt and we should be solid there.
AB will be healthy plus having Ish, and hopefully a much improved Carey. Also Chance and a more experienced Tres.

I keep saying next year is when we should make that big jump.
If Cox struggles this year and players leave, than all bets are off.
0 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

With all the player movement, evaluating this year's schedule based on last year's records is a waste of time.

As investment houses say, past performance is no guarantee of future results.
1 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Rhode_Island_Red wrote: 2 years ago With all the player movement, evaluating this year's schedule based on last year's records is a waste of time.

Im not evaluating the schedule based on last year. Obviously, we have to play the games, and anything can happen but most fan bases have a good grasp of what type of team they have going into the season. For example, Milwaukee was not a good team last year. Now that they landed their Lamar Odom they will be a much-together opponent.I always do a deep dive on our opponents each season before I do my prediction.... On paper, this is a very weak schedule.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Weak schedule or not, how many games does everyone feel confident that we'll win?

If we end up a Q3 ourselves, every game is a crapshoot.

Playing consistently well should be the goal.

Not every other game, or once in a while.....or one half per game...or 10 minutes at a time...you get the idea.
1 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Rhode_Island_Red wrote: 2 years ago With all the player movement, evaluating this year's schedule based on last year's records is a waste of time.

Im not evaluating the schedule based on last year. Obviously, we have to play the games, and anything can happen but most fan bases have a good grasp of what type of team they have going into the season. For example, Milwaukee was not a good team last year. Now that they landed their Lamar Odom they will be a much-together opponent.I always do a deep dive on our opponents each season before I do my prediction.... On paper, this is a very weak schedule.
Did Kentucky fans predict them to be as bad as they were last year?
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Any loss on that pathetic OOC schedule will result in a meltdown on this board. 55 pc is the highest ranked opponent? Gonna be interesting on this board this year.
0 x
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Unread post by PlayMikeMotenMore »

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago Any loss on that pathetic OOC schedule will result in a meltdown on this board. 55 pc is the highest ranked opponent? Gonna be interesting on this board this year.
Which is unfortunate. People think you should just automatically win because you have better players. So many factors affect the game. That's why we love sports...because it's unpredictable. And college athletes are 18-22 years old with a lot of stuff going on in their lives. They're not robots and not machines. If you think URI should win every non-conference game just because some algorithm says they have X% likelihood of winning, then don't watch. (So says the Titans over the Bills.)
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago Any loss on that pathetic OOC schedule will result in a meltdown on this board. 55 pc is the highest ranked opponent? Gonna be interesting on this board this year.
Which is unfortunate. People think you should just automatically win because you have better players. So many factors affect the game. That's why we love sports...because it's unpredictable. And college athletes are 18-22 years old with a lot of stuff going on in their lives. They're not robots and not machines. If you think URI should win every non-conference game just because some algorithm says they have X% likelihood of winning, then don't watch. (So says the Titans over the Bills.)
Then you do you. But I'm guessing a loss in this OOC will have this board lit.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago

If anyone actually believes and expects to go undefeated OOC they’re delusional.

People should expect multiple OOC losses this year. My guess is we could 8-4.
0 x
Go Rhody
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago

If anyone actually believes and expects to go undefeated OOC they’re delusional.

People should expect multiple OOC losses this year. My guess is we could 8-4.
Pick the four losses. Trust me, four losses against any of those teams will not be good.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

If you want to be correct then the W's and L's should at least add up to 13
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

DC_Rams wrote: 2 years ago

Did Kentucky fans predict them to be as bad as they were last year?
Yes, I know you like to bring up that Kentucky was bad last season. Don't forget about Duke and Arizona State! What does that have to do with our schedule? Do you think this is a good schedule? I didn't know I needed to say this, but teams will underachieve and overachieve sometimes. No one is ever going to be 100% correct on their preseason predictions. If you looked at the preseason top 25 last season, I'm assuming everyone would have predicted that all 25 teams would receive a bid. 22 did. 3 didn't.
2 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Until I see we have improved under Cox I'm going to predict we go 8-5. I really hope I'm wrong and we end up going at least 10-3...

vs Boston University W
vs Bryant L
vs Boston College W
vs. Tulsa W
vs. Boston College or Utah L
at Florida Gulf Coast W
vs. Georgia St W
at Harvard L
at Providence- L
vs Sacred Heart W
at Milwaukee- L
vs College of Charleston W
vs Brown W
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 years ago Until I see we have improved under Cox I'm going to predict we go 8-5. I really hope I'm wrong and we end up going at least 10-3...

vs Boston University W
vs Bryant L
vs Boston College W
vs. Tulsa W
at Florida Gulf Coast W
vs. Georgia St W
at Harvard L
at Providence- L
vs Sacred Heart W
at Milwaukee- L
vs Brown W
As I said before I am still guessing 9-4 (A10) and 20-11 (reg. season)
At this point there are only a few of us going out on a limb and willing to make a prediction.
0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Chill bro, these washed up, unathletic adults are all former National championship head coaches and D1 players. They pay their monies, these coaches and players better live up to their predetermined expectations, plus some. These aren’t individuals that suit up in Keaney Blue, with lives, god forbid.

Stop trying to make sense, sense doesn’t live here.

And before my number 1 fans reply…. Don’t.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Chill bro, these washed up, unathletic adults are all former National championship head coaches and D1 players. They pay their monies, these coaches and players better live up to their predetermined expectations, plus some. These aren’t individuals that suit up in Keaney Blue, with lives, god forbid.

Damn, did you have a vinegar and water before you posted this?
1 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 years ago Until I see we have improved under Cox I'm going to predict we go 8-5. I really hope I'm wrong and we end up going at least 10-3...

vs Boston University W
vs Bryant L
vs Boston College W
vs. Tulsa W
at Florida Gulf Coast W
vs. Georgia St W
at Harvard L
at Providence- L
vs Sacred Heart W
at Milwaukee- L
vs Brown W
At this point there are only a few of us going out on a limb and willing to make a prediction.
I agree.. I went with 8-5 because I worry that Bryant will beat us. I think they are a very well-coached team, and beating URI would be HUGE for their program.. I think we will get their A+ game
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

ramster wrote: 2 years ago If you want to be correct then the W's and L's should at least add up to 13
Yes my mistake.

@ BlueRam,

I could easily see us losing to PC, BC or Utah, Harvard, @ Milwaukee (they have a lottery pick) and one other stinker, potentially Charleston or Bryant.

8-5, maaaaaybe 9-4.

Could people seriously flip shit if we lose @ PC, a neutral site game to a P6 team (even though BC is pathetic), @ Harvard who always seems to be in the mix for an NCAA birth, or a game across the country against a lottery pick?

I doubt we’d be favored in any of those games.
0 x
Go Rhody
theblueram
Frank Keaney

You summed up your miserable existence perfectly. Should this team live up to our expectations? You better believe it. If this team sucks this year, Cox should be fired. Sorry, welcome to realty. Maybe in your fantasy land a 20 win season is great with this schedule, we know it would be bullshit. But hey, let the games play. Let's see what we have.
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 2 years ago If you want to be correct then the W's and L's should at least add up to 13
Yes my mistake.

@ BlueRam,

I could easily see us losing to PC, BC or Utah, Harvard, @ Milwaukee (they have a lottery pick) and one other stinker, potentially Charleston or Bryant.

8-5, maaaaaybe 9-4.

Could people seriously flip shit if we lose @ PC, a neutral site game to a P6 team (even though BC is pathetic), @ Harvard who always seems to be in the mix for an NCAA birth, or a game across the country against a lottery pick?

P6? Fuck pc. A 500 team last year? That team sucks. Predicted 8 in nbe? Yeah, that team sucks.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

vs Boston University W
vs Bryant L
vs Boston College W
vs. Tulsa W
at Florida Gulf Coast W
vs. Georgia St W
at Harvard L
at Providence- L
vs Sacred Heart W
at Milwaukee- L
vs Brown W
I agree.. I went with 8-5 because I worry that Bryant will beat us. I think they are a very well-coached team, and beating URI would be HUGE for their program.. I think we will get their A+ game
"Worry that Bryant will beat us..." Yikes
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago

They should be the favorites to win their conference and I'm sure they will have a lot of fans at the game. I expect a battle.

Matt Norlander's take
183. Bryant: It's the best team in the NEC for '21-22. Jared Grasso has diligently built the top roster in the 13-year Division I history of this school. The Bulldogs are speedy (No. 6 in tempo last season, per KenPom) and hit the 3 at a pleasing rate (37.7%). Open up the season at in-state big brother Rhode Island. The Rams will have their hands full
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

vs Boston University W
vs Bryant L
vs Boston College W
vs. Tulsa W
at Florida Gulf Coast W
vs. Georgia St W
at Harvard L
at Providence- L
vs Sacred Heart W
at Milwaukee- L
vs Brown W
The Georgia State game also concerns me. If we played there, they would be favored, they still may be.
They return all 5 starters and all were double digit scorers. They have good size to match up with us plus several all conference performers.
Should be a good game.
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Blue Ribbon’s predictions for conference finish of OOC teams. The contributors at BR seem to put a lot more effort into their work than the others.

Boston University 2/10
Bryant 2/10
Boston College 15/15
Tulsa 8/11
FGCU 4/6 (division)
Georgia State 1/12
Harvard 5/8
Providence 6/11
Sacred Heart 5/10
Milwaukee 6/12
Charleston 3/10
Brown 4/8

KenPom (with its acknowledged early season limitations) currently has them favored in 10 of 12 games.
Last edited by ace 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

They should be the favorites to win their conference and I'm sure they will have a lot of fans at the game. I expect a battle.

Matt Norlander's take
183. Bryant: It's the best team in the NEC for '21-22. Jared Grasso has diligently built the top roster in the 13-year Division I history of this school. The Bulldogs are speedy (No. 6 in tempo last season, per KenPom) and hit the 3 at a pleasing rate (37.7%). Open up the season at in-state big brother Rhode Island. The Rams will have their hands full
I'm just sayin'...fear of losing to #183...at home...not a good sign....
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Matt Norlander's take
Trust me I don't want to feel this way.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Matt Norlander's take
If we lose to #183 Bryant at home Cox is gone. Or he should be. Just depends on his timeouts.
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Yes my mistake.

@ BlueRam,

8-5, maaaaaybe 9-4.

P6? Fuck pc. A 500 team last year? That team sucks. Predicted 8 in nbe? Yeah, that team sucks.

And we didn’t suck last year? Wha the hell were we last season then? A Sweet 16 team?

We were 10-15, and lost our most talented player.

We will not be favored to win at PC, and we shouldn’t be. Can we win? Absolutely, the talent level isn’t THAT different.

At least provide some context and reasoning in your posts man, dropping f bombs for zero reason makes you sound like an idiot.
0 x
Go Rhody
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Yes my mistake.

@ BlueRam,

8-5, maaaaaybe 9-4.

And we didn’t suck last year? Wha the hell were we last season then? A Sweet 16 team?

We were 10-15, and lost our most talented player.

We will not be favored to win at PC, and we shouldn’t be. Can we win? Absolutely, the talent level isn’t THAT different.

At least provide some context and reasoning in your posts man, dropping f bombs for zero reason makes you sound like an idiot.
I know you go to rhody games. So good for you. pc sucked last year. They are predicted 8th in conference, once again behind uconn. F pc. The talent level isn't that much different? Hell, we are a bottom A10 team.
0 x