2021-22 Women's Basketball

Discuss everything related to the women's team.
steviep123
Sly Williams

Re: 2021-22 Women's Basketball

Unread post by steviep123 »

ramster wrote: 2 years ago
Tweet deleted.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

3 x
Rhodysk
ARD

Unread post by Rhodysk »

That is so nice! Congrats to everyone
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

0 x
Ramtastico
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Ramtastico »

I love this coach. Nice moves Ms Rob Base
0 x
RhodyMadness072
Michael Andersen

Unread post by RhodyMadness072 »

0 x
RhodyMadness072
Michael Andersen

Unread post by RhodyMadness072 »

1 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

I wanna play for coach Reiss! She's just got great honest positive energy.
4 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

ATPTourFan wrote: 2 years ago I wanna play for coach Reiss! She's just got great honest positive energy.
She seems very good at her job and to really get how important every specific role is. It’s coaching, sure, but it’s also about setting the tone for your players, recruiting, selling the program to fans, etc.
4 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

She has what Dan had. A presence and culture setting tone. Its a matter of WHEN not IF in terms of her winning big. Like it was with Dan. I miss those days.
3 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

bigappleram wrote: 2 years ago She has what Dan had. A presence and culture setting tone. Its a matter of WHEN not IF in terms of her winning big. Like it was with Dan. I miss those days.
Hopefully we can keep her here for a while.
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

These are good days for WBB and football.

Someday MBB will be back.
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

NCAA close to expanding women's NCAAT to 68 teams.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-wo ... d-advances
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

POTENTIAL WAGON ALERT!

The women won 83-37 at Dartmouth tonight!
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 years ago POTENTIAL WAGON ALERT!

The women won 83-37 at Dartmouth tonight!
They look like they're going to be REALLY good.
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

NCAA tourney good?

Now that would be something!
0 x
NHRamFan
Lamar Odom

Unread post by NHRamFan »

Coach Reiss is quietly (not really) building something special at URI. I say quietly because the fan base is not yet paying attention. We'd do well to do so.
1 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

that's what they call in the biz 'an ass kicking'
1 x
:lol:
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

#GetOnBoard !!!
1 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

If the bandwagon gets to a certain size...won't they impose mask restrictions?
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

NHRamFan wrote: 2 years ago Coach Reiss is quietly (not really) building something special at URI. I say quietly because the fan base is not yet paying attention. We'd do well to do so.
You can call Coach Reiss many things (all good) but “quiet” is not one of them. She is very visible on social media promoting her program.
1 x
Slava Ukraini!
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

ramster wrote: 2 years ago
Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago
ramster wrote: 2 years ago 2021-22 Rhode Island Non-Conference Schedule

home games in green

Nov. 9 - @ Dartmouth
Nov. 12 - Merrimack
Nov. 14 - Coppin State

Nov. 17 - @ Providence
Nov. 20 - Princeton
Nov. 23 - Harvard

Nov. 26 - vs. Virginia*
Nov. 28 - vs. Long Beach State*
Dec. 2 - @ Holy Cross
Dec. 5 - @ Buffalo
Dec. 7 - Hartford
Dec. 12 - @ Maine
Dec. 19 - Boston University
* - The Cavalier Classic (Charlottesville, Va.)

Ramster, I want to check out an OOC game. Which one of those home opponents is the best team?
Princeton on November 20.
They were a top 25 potential ranked team last year preseason, but of course the Ivy League did not play at all due to COVID.
Billyboy,

Here is the preseason poll for the Ivy League. We play At Dartmouth, with both Harvard and Princeton in the Ryan Center. Princeton is the game to see, but Harvard did get 1 1st place vote.
27536808-2598-4BF6-834E-E9288E32561A.png
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Time for the women's team to get game threads up in here
0 x
RIrugger01
Jeff Kent

Unread post by RIrugger01 »

I watched the game yesterday(didn’t realize the mens game was streaming on yurview). The women were dominant and they played without the 6’5” transfer from Texas A&M. The transfer guard from PC is explosive…reminds me of Fatts. According to the announcers she was asked to distribute the ball at PC. Big mistake in my opinion. She can score. Looking forward to watching this team this year. I believe they are a tourney team
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Rhody74 wrote: 2 years ago
NHRamFan wrote: 2 years ago Coach Reiss is quietly (not really) building something special at URI. I say quietly because the fan base is not yet paying attention. We'd do well to do so.
You can call Coach Reiss many things (all good) but “quiet” is not one of them. She is very visible on social media promoting her program.
Especially singing in her car on the way to work.
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

The women's program has been unquiet since the arrival of Tammi. She hit the ground running and hasn't stopped.
Last season picked preseason to finish 11th by A10 Coaches and finished 3rd

Tammi had her Contract increased 2 more years by Thorr and her annual salary increased to match David Cox at the conclusion of only 2 years at URI and never having been a Head Coach.

And she did not stop there. With her key players returning except for a Grad Transfer last season Tammi went out and go the starting point guard from Providence College as a Grad Transfer, Chanell Williams started all 21 PC games last year as PG. Sounds a bit like Turgeon getting Russell from URI? Chanell in her 1st game for URI led to a 83-37 win over Dartmouth as she scored a game high 20 points 7-10 FG, 3-5 3P.
Tammi also get 1st team Big East Transfer Desiree Elmore to transfer to URI from Seton Hall. Desiree had 11 points and 6 rebounds in her 1st game at URI and in a starting role.

Tammi has a legit shot at winning the A10 on just her 3rd year. Who says you need 4-5 years to build a program?

Lots of communication and excitement from social media and with GoRhody.com from the Women's Basketball Program since Tammi's arrival and the communication continues to get better and better.
3 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

Tammi is making Cox look bad. She came into a bad situation and turned this thing on a dime. Cox came in with the program in the best shape in decades and so far he has it sliding backwards.
2 x
YurViewNE
Jim Eitner

Unread post by YurViewNE »

been reading here and there about folks not sure about the YurView slate of televised women's games. I will attach a link with the women's non-conference YurView sched (conf will come later) . The men's is on the same post so you'll actually have both... https://www.yurview.com/new-england/202 ... n-yurview/
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

URI won 106-42, largest margin of victory in program history. They're really good. This has to be a ranked team this year, right?
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago URI won 106-42, largest margin of victory in program history. They're really good. This has to be a ranked team this year, right?
I stayed to watch their game and they do look really good with some nice depth. It looks like they are redshirting a couple of freshman that didn't dress and not sure about the grad transfer center who also didn't suit up.

It is way too early to think about them being ranked, let's see how they play against much stronger competition.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Hey Ramster, if you had to pick 2 or 3 home games for the women's team, which ones would you pick? It's nice to win by 64 points, but I'd like to see them against top competition. I know you follow the team, so I figured you'd know.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago Hey Ramster, if you had to pick 2 or 3 home games for the women's team, which ones would you pick? It's nice to win by 64 points, but I'd like to see them against top competition. I know you follow the team, so I figured you'd know.
Princeton Nov 20 - 1pm - picked for 1st place in Ivy League

Dayton Jan 1 - 1pm - picked for 1st place in A10

Fordham Feb 13 - 1pm - picked for 3rd place in A10

And a road game recommendation:

Nov 17 7pm @ PC (same night as Boston College at Ryan Center) but would be great to see this URI - PC game
2 x
RIrugger01
Jeff Kent

Unread post by RIrugger01 »

Jersey77 wrote: 2 years ago
Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago URI won 106-42, largest margin of victory in program history. They're really good. This has to be a ranked team this year, right?
I stayed to watch their game and they do look really good with some nice depth. It looks like they are redshirting a couple of freshman that didn't dress and not sure about the grad transfer center who also didn't suit up.

It is way too early to think about them being ranked, let's see how they play against much stronger competition.
Tv announcer said the grad transfer is injured
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

URI beats Coppin State 74-45 Sunday afternoon to go to 3-0 overall record

Next up @ PC Wednesday Nov 17
Game time 7pm
1 x
Cameron_Dollar
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Cameron_Dollar »

Team came out of the gate a bit slowly today, but turned it around quickly against a solid Coppin State team, The only disappointment was the small crowd. At PC on Wednesday then at home Saturday against Ivy League preseason favorite Princeton. They play hard and are fun to watch. Hopefully, the support will pick up.
0 x
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Tough match up vs the NFL and the Patriots on at 1:00.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Cameron_Dollar wrote: 2 years ago Team came out of the gate a bit slowly today, but turned it around quickly against a solid Coppin State team, The only disappointment was the small crowd. At PC on Wednesday then at home Saturday against Ivy League preseason favorite Princeton. They play hard and are fun to watch. Hopefully, the support will pick up.
I thought Alexander #20 came out very strong for Coppin State. In the 1st quarter Coppin led 18-14 and Alexander had 14 of the 18 points - Matching URI’s total.

But then our depth seemed to take its toll on Coppin.

Agree the turn out was disappointing but maybe due to many fans seeing the team Friday night after the mens game? Plus as was mentioned the conflict with NFL Patriots.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

rambone 78 wrote: 2 years ago NCAA tourney good?

Now that would be something!
They certainly seem to have a shot this year
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Cameron_Dollar
Lamar Odom

Rowdy, Ramster, and Rambone,

Nice to see people on board with this program. I know some are willing to stick their toe in the water with this team, but not ready to dive in. At this point in year three, there is nothing more she could have done. She inherited a train wreck, has recruited extremely well, brought in quality transfers from Big 5 schools, assembled a great staff, coaches her ass off and as a result of her efforts has caught the attention of a major donor to give the program the enhancements it so badly needed. I get it. Yesterday they went against the NFL. Friday the arena emptied out after the men's game because it was a late start and a long day. A win over PC on Wednesday night will set up for a great game against Princeton on Saturday. That's a game that could and should be well attended.

Ironically, the link for the MBB is NCAA or Bust but having a thread for WBB on that page would be a big boost in gaining attention of those that only care about the men. I believe at this point in time the term NCAA or Bust is more apropos for this program. Coach Reiss has put it all on the line and is taking on this challenge in what historically has been a one bid conference. Unfortunately, I am a polarizing poster who often goes against the grain and the moderators probably would not adhere to my wishes. Perhaps one of you has a little more influence with them. Lol. In any event, let's keep up the encouragement and support for WBB and maybe we can get that elusive tournament appearance.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Cameron_Dollar wrote: 2 years ago Rowdy, Ramster, and Rambone,

Nice to see people on board with this program. I know some are willing to stick their toe in the water with this team, but not ready to dive in. At this point in year three, there is nothing more she could have done. She inherited a train wreck, has recruited extremely well, brought in quality transfers from Big 5 schools, assembled a great staff, coaches her ass off and as a result of her efforts has caught the attention of a major donor to give the program the enhancements it so badly needed. I get it. Yesterday they went against the NFL. Friday the arena emptied out after the men's game because it was a late start and a long day. A win over PC on Wednesday night will set up for a great game against Princeton on Saturday. That's a game that could and should be well attended.

Ironically, the link for the MBB is NCAA or Bust but having a thread for WBB on that page would be a big boost in gaining attention of those that only care about the men. I believe at this point in time the term NCAA or Bust is more apropos for this program. Coach Reiss has put it all on the line and is taking on this challenge in what historically has been a one bid conference. Unfortunately, I am a polarizing poster who often goes against the grain and the moderators probably would not adhere to my wishes. Perhaps one of you has a little more influence with them. Lol. In any event, let's keep up the encouragement and support for WBB and maybe we can get that elusive tournament appearance.
Done. Just put together request and sent. Good idea.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Cameron_Dollar wrote: 2 years ago Rowdy, Ramster, and Rambone,

Wait...what? There are polarizing posters here???
0 x
Cameron_Dollar
Lamar Odom

Nice follow up Ramster.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Cameron_Dollar wrote: 2 years ago Nice follow up Ramster.
:D
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Since we're getting such good recruits and transfers, I'd like to see a recruiting page for the women like there is for the men.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago Since we're getting such good recruits and transfers, I'd like to see a recruiting page for the women like there is for the men.
I asked for it. Just like men section
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago Since we're getting such good recruits and transfers, I'd like to see a recruiting page for the women like there is for the men.
Is there a regular, reportable source for this? In poking around, I didn't really see a Scouts / Verbal Commits style site for women's basketball recruiting. If there are just going to be occasional threads about players we've already signed, I think that can be in the regular women's basketball forum. (If, hypothetically, one is created, which seems more likely than not right now.)
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

SGreenwell wrote: 2 years ago
Is there a regular, reportable source for this? In poking around, I didn't really see a Scouts / Verbal Commits style site for women's basketball recruiting. If there are just going to be occasional threads about players we've already signed, I think that can be in the regular women's basketball forum. (If, hypothetically, one is created, which seems more likely than not right now.)
Not sure. But twitter would have them, I would think.
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

Players tweet and IG when they get offers from us.
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !