Unread post by ramster »

Alumni and Family Weekend (Homecoming)

Be sure to get your tickets early.
0 x
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Re: GM 4 Football vs Stony Brook 12pm Saturday Oct 2 FloFootball.com Homecoming

Unread post by Bos8 »

According to twitter the game is now sold out.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Crap
0 x
GO RAMS
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 2 years agoCrap
Unless the students come out in droves, I would think some tickets would open up on game day.
0 x
RhodyRams12
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by RhodyRams12 »

0 x
Common sense is not common.
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Is the because a lot of sections have tarps over them? If this is COVID related it makes no sense because in the first game it jammed everyone closer together
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

ramster wrote: 2 years ago Alumni and Family Weekend (Homecoming)

When I called the ticket office last Friday I was told the Stony Brook game was almost sold out. Just a few seats left in the West Stands at $35 per seat. That's why I said to move quickly.
Masks not required for Football but they are at this time for Basketball based on Rhode Island State Guidelines.

I wouldn't wait on buying for Delaware October 9 at 1pm. The Blue Hens play @ Rutgers Sept 18. Huge Homecoming game vs James Madison on October 23.

Delaware is ranked #6
JMU is ranked #3
Villanova #12
Richmond #25
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago
Unless the students come out in droves, I would think some tickets would open up on game day.
Last weekend was the most students I've ever seen at a URI sporting event, but we shall see.
0 x
GO RAMS
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 2 years ago
Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago
Last weekend was the most students I've ever seen at a URI sporting event, but we shall see.
It was. But it was move in weekend and not much else going on yet.
0 x
Brian Forster
ARD

Unread post by Brian Forster »

"Is the because a lot of sections have tarps over them? If this is COVID related it makes no sense because in the first game it jammed everyone closer together"

the tarps were a fire code issue (exits). There is a plan for new stadium working.
0 x
RhodyRams12
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by RhodyRams12 »

Brian Forster wrote: 2 years ago "Is the because a lot of sections have tarps over them? If this is COVID related it makes no sense because in the first game it jammed everyone closer together"

the tarps were a fire code issue (exits). There is a plan for new stadium working.
Elaborate
2 x
Common sense is not common.
URIROTC2006
Abdul Fox

Unread post by URIROTC2006 »

I have two tickets that I cannot use to the Stony Brook game. Great seats, against the Ryan Center.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

No cost, just want to get the seats filled.

I am a SZN ticket holder, and unfortunately my son has soccer games every Saturday during the game times. I will need to give a lot of tickets away. Let me know if anyone is interested in any of the other games as well.
2 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

RhodyRams12 wrote: 2 years ago
Brian Forster wrote: 2 years ago "Is the because a lot of sections have tarps over them? If this is COVID related it makes no sense because in the first game it jammed everyone closer together"

Elaborate
?!?
0 x
GO RAMS
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

ramster wrote: 2 years ago Alumni and Family Weekend (Homecoming)

I've never understood why they combined Homecoming and Parent's Weekend into one game, instead of the two it used to be, especially with how limited Meade's capacity is. Why lose the extra gate from one of your games?
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

RhodyRams12 wrote: 2 years ago

Elaborate
Isn't it exceedingly obvious at this point that he's just talking out of his ass? It's no surprise he's posted in this forum since your post but never bothered to talk about the new stadium plan working. I'm sure the project is in the list of things to do for the athletic department, probably right at the top, but there's been no concept drawings released like in 2001, no announcement of a specific capital campaign for the stadium, no announcement of a single gift for redoing/expanding the stands. Think about how long we knew about the basketball practice facility and how many steps/announcements went into that. Redoing/expanding Meade should be double or triple the cost of the basketball practice facility, and will probably be a much more complex undertaking, and not one step or announcement has publicly happened yet
0 x
Brian Forster
ARD

Rhowdy-you know how I roll come FB season,constant travel in support of Rhody football.
Can’t just drop what I am doing to go on here.
The lifestyle is not for everybody.
Will post on what I know when get back Tues-thurs..
For someone who in their own words does not support football $$,what is your concern?
But,don’t worry the plans include accommodating you.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Brian Forster wrote: 2 years ago Rhowdy-you know how I roll come FB season,constant travel in support of Rhody football.
For someone who in their own words does not support football $$,what is your concern?
You posted three times while avoiding this topic and could respond within 30 minutes of my last post, so yeah, I know the clown lifestyle isn't for everyone but you're doing great with it.

I didn't support how we have been handling football, which was throwing good money after bad. My first choice was investing more in the program. If we weren't going to do that, and we hadn't been investing more in football in two plus decades, then yes, I advocated moving down to the NEC, where our competition would match our commitment. Then if we wouldn't invest more and wouldn't move to the NEC, just content to be the Fordham of the CAA, then yes, I advocated getting rid of football. It's nice to see the donors stepped up finally and added lights and turf instead of just hanging out in the Ellery Lot 5 times a year. Hopefully they'll be that committed to the rest of the stadium
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 years ago
Brian Forster wrote: 2 years ago Rhowdy-you know how I roll come FB season,constant travel in support of Rhody football.
You posted three times while avoiding this topic and could respond within 30 minutes of my last post, so yeah, I know the clown lifestyle isn't for everyone but you're doing great with it.

I didn't support how we have been handling football, which was throwing good money after bad. My first choice was investing more in the program. If we weren't going to do that, and we hadn't been investing more in football in two plus decades, then yes, I advocated moving down to the NEC, where our competition would match our commitment. Then if we wouldn't invest more and wouldn't move to the NEC, just content to be the Fordham of the CAA, then yes, I advocated getting rid of football. It's nice to see the donors stepped up finally and added lights and turf instead of just hanging out in the Ellery Lot 5 times a year. Hopefully they'll be that committed to the rest of the stadium
"clown lifestyle".....L O freekn L.....
0 x
Brian Forster
ARD

NYG- since you don’t support football either-why come on here?
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Boy would new stands Like UAlbany to replace the east stands be amazing or what?? I also think that new stands behind the goal post closest to Keaney would be valuable, especially for students. (Much like the old conceptual rendering.)
0 x
GO RAMS
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Brian Forster wrote: 2 years ago NYG- since you don’t support football either-why come on here?
So much time to come on here and trash other posters yet no time to post anything of substance. Where's the beef, or in this case the details about a new stadium?
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Brian Forster wrote: 2 years ago NYG- since you don’t support football either-why come on here?
Define "support"....and wtf are you? The clown prince of board police?
1 x
Brian Forster
ARD

NYG-what you so you give to a football on average a year? Including season Tix?
I will be at the games if you want to come out . Must be tortured of hiding behind anonymity.
0 x
Brian Forster
ARD

Sorry,NYG,what do give to football a year in $$ ?? On average.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Brian Forster wrote: 2 years ago Sorry,NYG,what do give to football a year in $$ ?? On average.
I go to some, I watch some on tv, and I like to read about what happens. But, if you want everyone that does that without donating to stop doing that
...why don't you just come out and say it? Maybe check with Thorr and see if you can start some kinda campaign?

But, enough about me...please share the details on the new stadium....
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

#4 ranked Oregon beats Stony Brook 48-8 at Oregon
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

I can't think of a better time to break the spell Stony Brook has on us. We're 0-7 against them all time and some of the games haven't been particularly close

2013 H 24-0
2014 A 35-14
2015 H 19-7
2016 A 14-3
2017 H 35-18
2018 A 52-14
2019 H 31-27

Average game: 30-11.9
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

They always seems to have a good running attack and a stout defense. Let’s break the streak!
0 x
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 years ago I can't think of a better time to break the spell Stony Brook has on us. We're 0-7 against them all time and some of the games haven't been particularly close

2013 H 24-0
2014 A 35-14
2015 H 19-7
2016 A 14-3
2017 H 35-18
2018 A 52-14
2019 H 31-27

Average game: 30-11.9
I still remember that 2017 team passing near me as they exited the locker room. They were huge! I don’t remember the tight end’s name, but he had NFL size.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

I still remember that 2018 team just destroying us down there. I figured after the Maine game it would be a competitive game, the offense looked good the week before. Win either one of those two games and we would have been in the playoffs that year
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

We're 3-0 for the 8th time in program history (1898, 1957, 1967, 1990, 1995, 2001, 2005 were the other 7 seasons). Only three times before have we started the year more than 3-0. We were 5-0 in 1898 and 1957 and 7-0 in 2001
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Stony Brook is currently 1-2. They lost 27-21 against New Hampshire, won at Colgate 24-3, and lost at #4 Oregon 48-7. They host Fordham Saturday at 3:30 on Flo Football.

We were picked to finish 6th in the CAA preseason poll and they were picked to finish 10th
0 x
FmrRamFB
Michael Andersen

Unread post by FmrRamFB »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 years ago I still remember that 2018 team just destroying us down there. I figured after the Maine game it would be a competitive game, the offense looked good the week before. Win either one of those two games and we would have been in the playoffs that year
The Maine, kick-off from the 35 debacle…still bothers me. That same year, if we had a semblance of a run defense we would’ve beaten Elon. Lost by 3 and their QB had 3 completions on 8 attempts. Add that to Maine and we’re 8-3.
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

I'll never understand kicking it off through the end zone there. You don't force Maine to field the kick and you take no time off the clock. If you onside kick there maybe you can recover and end the game. If you don't recover, they still start in pretty much the same spot, so no harm no foul. Don't want to kick something towards the sideline because you don't want to run the risk of kicking it out of bounds? Ok, kick a 15-20 yard squib up the middle. Best case scenario, you pin them back further than the 25 because they just hop on the ball to lose no time or they bobble it and you're right there to pounce on it. Worst case, you kick it too hard, it ends up in the end zone and they start from where they started from anyway. But at least try to make them make a play.

And then to have two 5 yard penalties called against you on that final drive because you couldn't get the personnel right? In the sixth game of the season? Don't give up extra yardage from stupid penalties and that pretty standard 39 yarder becomes a 49 yarder. And from what I remember, that kick just snuck in by the upright, if the attempt was ten yards longer it probably wouldn't have been good. Just a terrible 51 seconds
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

The Offensive Coordinator was replaced at the end of that season.
0 x
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

That Maine debacle was squarely on Fleming. Horrible late game management. I’ll never forget that game, either. They try to hand you the win with not one but two unsportsmanlike conduct penalties prior to the kickoff and you screw it up royally.
1 x
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

Stonybrook defeated by Fordham 31-14. I don’t know anything about the Fordham program, but losing by 17 to a Patriot League team is not a good look.
What has happened to Stonybrook? They’ve had a solid team for at least the past five years.
0 x
R.Kelly150
Kenny Green

Unread post by R.Kelly150 »

Fordham has been good from time to time. Big game for Rhody getting to 4-0 would’ve huge! BTW wow did UNH get walloped by Pitt…it’s hard to lose by 70 points! Talk about running up a score and a complete mismatch.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

JimSidd wrote: 2 years ago That Maine debacle was squarely on Fleming. Horrible late game management. I’ll never forget that game, either. They try to hand you the win with not one but two unsportsmanlike conduct penalties prior to the kickoff and you screw it up royally.
We kicked off from the Maine 35 and we didn't try an onside kick!!!

Only head football coaches seem to do such ridiculously stupid things
1 x
FmrRamFB
Michael Andersen

Unread post by FmrRamFB »

R.Kelly150 wrote: 2 years ago Fordham has been good from time to time. Big game for Rhody getting to 4-0 would’ve huge! BTW wow did UNH get walloped by Pitt…it’s hard to lose by 70 points! Talk about running up a score and a complete mismatch.
It’s not that hard. We got eviscerated by JMU 84-7 back in 2016.
0 x
neil
Art Stephenson

Unread post by neil »

Been to hundreds of ram football games but not many like this Saturday-a meaningful game- they are few. I refuse to see a loss, refuse to see a visitor TD in overtime, refuse to see a visiting field goal or 50 yard run to end a game. No excuses, it’s time to step up and keep this winning streak alive. Make some noise! Go Rhody!
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Agree Neil,
this will be exciting and great that this game is on our home field - completely sold out for weeks now!!
0 x
neil
Art Stephenson

Unread post by neil »

It is also a double header day with ram soccer at seven.
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Huge opportunity!

Get to 4-0 and your playoff prospects are looking pretty decent!
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

PeterRamTime wrote: 2 years ago Huge opportunity!

Get to 4-0 and your playoff prospects are looking pretty decent!
Right now our only CAA win is @ Albany.
Where we finish among CAA Teams is key. 7 Games remaining vs CAA Teams. Wins vs Bryant and Brown are good but the rubber meets the road with CAA Games.

Stony Brook
Delaware
@ Towson
@ Villanova
Maine
@ UMASS
New Hampshire
@ Elon

New Hampshire 2-0
James Madison 1-0
Rhode Island 1-0
Villanova 1-0
William & Mary 1-0
Delaware 1-0
Richmond 0-1
Elon 0-1
Stony Brook 0-1
Towson 0-1
Albany 0-1
Maine 0-2
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Stony Brook
#9/10 Delaware
@ Towson
@ #12/9 Villanova
Maine
@ UMASS
#25/27 New Hampshire
@ Elon

We need to go 4-4 to have about a 50/50 shot at the playoffs and 5-3 to pretty much clinch. We play three ranked teams and a FBS team. Yeah, UMass sucks, but they're still FBS, with all the advantages that entails. Stony Brook and Maine are the two "easiest" games as they're at home against an unranked team. Stony Brook isn't a must win for our playoff hopes, but the path gets a lot tougher if we don't win Saturday, so we might as well just go out and get revenge for the last 7 times we've played them
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 years ago Stony Brook
#9/10 Delaware
@ Towson
@ #12/9 Villanova
Maine
@ UMASS
#25/27 New Hampshire
@ Elon

We need to go 4-4 to have about a 50/50 shot at the playoffs and 5-3 to pretty much clinch. We play three ranked teams and a FBS team. Yeah, UMass sucks, but they're still FBS, with all the advantages that entails. Stony Brook and Maine are the two "easiest" games as they're at home against an unranked team. Stony Brook isn't a must win for our playoff hopes, but the path gets a lot tougher if we don't win Saturday, so we might as well just go out and get revenge for the last 7 times we've played them
If we don't beat Stony Brook there's no way we dance. Elon is in the Maine Stony Brook category.

I'd say UNH is pretty winnable too.

They just got beat 77-7 by Pitt. Pitt is solid, but the good UNH teams of the past aren't getting beat that bad.

UMass is also probably worse than the top tier CAA teams.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

URI favored by 10.5 points
0 x