GM 1 Football vs Bryant 6:05pm Saturday Sept 4 FloFootball.com

All things Rhody Rams football.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Re: GM 1 Football vs Bryant 6:05pm Saturday Sept 4 FloFootball.com

Unread post by Rhody15 »

All of us - “We wants beer in seats and better food.”

Ryan Center staff - “We can’t do that, but you all can wear masks and pay $15 to park!”

Talk about improving the fan experience after two years.

What a joke.
2 x
Go Rhody
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 2 years ago I’ll find another lot and walk an extra 5 min. I ain’t paying that either.
That's my question. Where can you park for free? I don't mind walking up the hill after games.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago
Rhodymob05 wrote: 2 years ago I’ll find another lot and walk an extra 5 min. I ain’t paying that either.
That's my question. Where can you park for free? I don't mind walking up the hill after games.
I think there's a lot of places you could park for free, i.e., the Emporium, but pretty sure the towing fee will be more than $15. Uber might be cheaper. Or, I'm about 1.2 miles away, you can park at my house for $5 :lol: :lol:
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago
I think there's a lot of places you could park for free, i.e., the Emporium, but pretty sure the towing fee will be more than $15. Uber might be cheaper. Or, I'm about 1.2 miles away, you can park at my house for $5 :lol: :lol:
Fine Arts Center. Huge parking lot. Walk down Flagg Road or thru the campus by the Quad, Library, Tucker, Merrill Halls.
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 2 years ago

Fine Arts Center. Huge parking lot. Walk down Flagg Road or thru the campus by the Quad, Library, Tucker, Merrill Halls.
Awesome! I'll never forget my Music 101 class in that building my freshman year. I'll definitely do that for football games. Games in January and February? Questionable.
0 x
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

That will be a lot of fun for those collecting fees in the cold and darkness of a Wednesday night in January.
On a positive note, maybe the traffic to exit the lots won’t be as bad!
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

JimSidd wrote: 2 years ago That will be a lot of fun for those collecting fees in the cold and darkness of a Wednesday night in January.
On a positive note, maybe the traffic to exit the lots won’t be as bad!
That's what nips are for :lol:
1 x
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

According to the 2021 URI Football Fan Guide the parking is free except for the tailgate section of the Plains lot. Can anyone confirm that parking was charged at Keaney or the other non tailgate lots?
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Kasim Hill had some high level looking passes!
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Rhodyram wrote: 2 years ago According to the 2021 URI Football Fan Guide the parking is free except for the tailgate section of the Plains lot. Can anyone confirm that parking was charged at Keaney or the other non tailgate lots?
I was charged 15 dollars. Yes, it was the Plains lot. But, I was not tailgating.
0 x
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

Rhodyram wrote: 2 years ago According to the 2021 URI Football Fan Guide the parking is free except for the tailgate section of the Plains lot. Can anyone confirm that parking was charged at Keaney or the other non tailgate lots?
I was charged 15 dollars. Yes, it was the Plains lot. But, I was not tailgating.
Same here. I arrived at 5:15: too late to tailgate. I was nowhere near the tailgating section. When I first entered the lot, I waved to the woman and was ready to drive by her until she held up her hand. I told her I wasn’t tailgating and she said it didn’t matter. The fee was for the entire north lot.
I think some people may have looked for free parking, because when I returned to my car to leave, the lot wasn’t much more crowded than when I arrived.
0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Keaney was free. But as good as things went on the field it was a nightmare off. We had paperless tickets but scanner didn't work right. Old guy finally gave up and told us to go in but first he gave us paper tickets and stamped our hand. Then a student at the bottom of the stairs took our ticket. Then a student at the top of the stairs gave us a wristband. So stamp, paper tickets, wrist bands.
We arrived a half hour early and missed the first TD.
At least one third of the stands were covered by tarps. We squeezed into second to last row.
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Iggy1979 wrote: 2 years ago Keaney was free. But as good as things went on the field it was a nightmare off. We had paperless tickets but scanner didn't work right. Old guy finally gave up and told us to go in but first he gave us paper tickets and stamped our hand. Then a student at the bottom of the stairs took our ticket. Then a student at the top of the stairs gave us a wristband. So stamp, paper tickets, wrist bands.
At least one third of the stands were covered by tarps. We squeezed into second to last row.
That's funny. When I asked the woman if there were any free lots on campus, she told me no, that all lots on campus were 15 dollars. Obviously, I would have parked in Keaney if she had told me.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

I parked closer to Flagg road and walked pass the new apartment buildings.
0 x
GO RAMS
Brian Forster
ARD

Unread post by Brian Forster »

Neils-write up was spot on.
What really jumped out at me was the two QBs play,multiple RBS and much improved DBs.
All these position groups have been achilles heels for Rhody for most years.
At least 2 of the DBs may be pro prospects.
As far as parking,agree 0 to $15 is too much. $5 is fine.

Observations:
They have been charging for the ellery pond lot for years and nobody has ever complained.
Why not buy a pass over there?
What's interesting is we have board members who brag on the soccer teams support,but say not to charge for admission !!
and people want facility upgrades + free admission and parking.
Maybe the school could just send board members a check every month.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Brian Forster wrote: 2 years ago Neils-write up was spot on.
What really jumped out at me was the two QBs play,multiple RBS and much improved DBs.

Observations:
They have been charging for the ellery pond lot for years and nobody has ever complained.
What's interesting is we have board members who brag on the soccer teams support,but say not to charge for admission !!
Speaking of soccer,
Great effort last night and good sized crowd (no parking charges) for PC in men’s soccer. We tied it up with under 3 minutes to go at 1-1. Two 10 minute OT periods were scoreless.
1 x
Brian Forster
ARD

soccer beat UConn also.
Just don't suggest selling tickets for home games-nobody will go.
2700 PC attendance X $10 = $27K.
$27K X 4= pressbox for home games
0 x
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

Answer to my email about parking

For the last few years, we have had designated areas designed for tailgating that charges an admission fee. Those lots are the Plains Rd lot, the Elllery Pond lot, and the Ram Lot. The last two lots are for designated parking donors, and the Plains Rd lot is $15 to admit ($15 on Alumni/family weekend in advance, and $20 at the door). The Keaney lot is free.

For basketball, though we might change parking flows, we don't have any plans to charge for parking in our free lots.

So though the rumor is correct that we charged $15 for football parking, it was in a designated lot for tailgating only, and we've done this for the last few years.

Thank you!

1 x
Brian Forster
ARD

Thanks-1980. Most season tix holders have been paying for parking for years. Nobody ever complains.
0 x
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

ram1980 wrote: 2 years ago Answer to my email about parking

For the last few years, we have had designated areas designed for tailgating that charges an admission fee. Those lots are the Plains Rd lot, the Elllery Pond lot, and the Ram Lot. The last two lots are for designated parking donors, and the Plains Rd lot is $15 to admit ($15 on Alumni/family weekend in advance, and $20 at the door). The Keaney lot is free.

For basketball, though we might change parking flows, we don't have any plans to charge for parking in our free lots.

So though the rumor is correct that we charged $15 for football parking, it was in a designated lot for tailgating only, and we've done this for the last few years.

Thank you!

I know I’m contributing to the beating of this topic to death, and I paid the $15 without complaint, but this is not what I was told. The woman told me that the fee was for the entire Plains lot and I entered nowhere near the tailgating area, which of course means that she was standing nowhere near it.
I guess we’ll just see what happens on October 9, as we know there will be a fee on October 2.
0 x
neil
Art Stephenson

Unread post by neil »

Thanks, Brian! I also liked the o-line and the running game. When you get 500 yards of total offense and half of it is on the ground that’s a good night. Our running backs kept their legs moving and picked up additional yardage. Sometime in the second half we ran the ball 3 straight times for 9 times on each carry. Having three straight third and one gives the offense multiple opportunities. Go Rhode!
0 x
Brian Forster
ARD

"Speaking of soccer,
Great effort last night and good sized crowd (no parking charges) for PC in men’s soccer"

Ramster-how much did they charge for a ticket to the PC soccer game?
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Brian Forster wrote: 2 years ago "Speaking of soccer,
Great effort last night and good sized crowd (no parking charges) for PC in men’s soccer"

Ramster-how much did they charge for a ticket to the PC soccer game?
I think you know

free as always
0 x
Brian Forster
ARD

thank you. given that parking is free in keaney lot and season ticket holders have been paying for parking for years (and not complaining),it shows the lack of $$ support amongst board members for the school's teams. the free parking argument is just a contrivance. Policy should be driven by donors/season tix holders only. People are always pointing to attendance and funding ,but don't want to pay. amazing.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Brian Forster wrote: 2 years ago thank you. given that parking is free in keaney lot and season ticket holders have been paying for parking for years (and not complaining),it shows the lack of $$ support amongst board members for the school's teams. the free parking argument is just a contrivance. Policy should be driven by donors/season tix holders only. People are always pointing to attendance and funding ,but don't want to pay. amazing.
That's cool that you know all the season ticket holders and none have ever complained. Must be a big group!
1 x
Brian Forster
ARD

Season tix cost $$,so that does not include you.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Brian Forster wrote: 2 years ago Season tix cost $$,so that does not include you.
AND you know my finances, too! Wow!
1 x
Brian Forster
ARD

According to twitter the game is now sold out.

Pretty uncanny on your part. Hope this keeps you from going.
1 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

I would imagine paid parking is a fairly common thing across most D1 gyms and stadiums.
0 x
Brian Forster
ARD

"I would imagine paid parking is a fairly common thing across most D1 gyms and stadiums."

Not at Rhody-admission and parking are free for a lot of sports.(there isn't any $$ for facility upgrades either).
Including NCAA tourney teams. Make sense.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Brian Forster wrote: 2 years ago According to twitter the game is now sold out.

I bet you're an absolute delight at parties ;)
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Yet, you are currently arguing with multiple people about multiple different subjects.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Yet, you are currently arguing with multiple people about multiple different subjects.
Good point...although I don't believe I'm wishing misery or disappointment on anyone.

In the famous words of Starlord Quill...I may be an a-hole, but not 100% a dick ;)
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 2 years ago
Not specific to this uniform, or Rhody, but I hate the one color look for uniforms. The pants and the jersey should be different colors
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Rhodyram wrote: 2 years ago It's clear that the night games draw a bigger crowd than the afternoon start times- why don't they have more?????? If they start charging to park for basketball games it will be a ghost town at the RC.
I don't think that's clear at all. Early season games always draw bigger than late season games is more accurate. This was always the trend, even before lights
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Rhodymob05 wrote: 2 years ago All I know is. This isn’t your oldest kids Rams football team. They can play. I’ll say it again, they needs more seating at this stadium.
There is no reason for the state flagship not to have a 10,000 seat stadium if we want to at least give the impression we're taking football seriously. We haven't even attempted to keep up with the arms race during our time in the Atlantic 10 and CAA, which is why we haven't been to the playoffs since we were in the Yankee Conference
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

neil wrote: 2 years ago Glorious evening in Kingston!!!
I have been going to ram football since 1963 when my dad took me to see them play Hofstra. Needless to say, going to 80 per cent was not always pleasant -until last night. We played a clean game. Yes, we had too many penalties but there were no turnovers, no interceptions, no quarter back sacks, no blocked punts, no dropped passes?, no missed field goals or extra points. Amazing! How many times have this happened? What a joy to watch this game. I don’t know the attendance figure but it sure brings some hope for this season. My only complaint was that they should have done more (unless I missed it at half time) was honoring the teams of the mid 80’s. There was just a smattering of applause. Am I getting that old. Nice to see Ehrhard’s number on the wall behind the north goal! Go rhody!
Announced attendance was 5735.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Iggy1979 wrote: 2 years ago Keaney was free. But as good as things went on the field it was a nightmare off. We had paperless tickets but scanner didn't work right. Old guy finally gave up and told us to go in but first he gave us paper tickets and stamped our hand. Then a student at the bottom of the stairs took our ticket. Then a student at the top of the stairs gave us a wristband. So stamp, paper tickets, wrist bands.
Wait, paperless ticketing didn't work??? Shocking...
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Brian Forster wrote: 2 years ago Neils-write up was spot on.

Observations:
I'm going to try and tackle your "observations" but your English is so atrocious it might be difficult

The pass for Ellery is $250 for the season. You think $0 to $15 is too much, $5 is fine, then suggest $50 a game for Ellery? Da fuq?

Who has ever said we shouldn't charge admission for soccer? Ridiculous strawman.

"Maybe the school could just send board members a check every month." Literally, I have no idea what your point is. Then again, nobody's known half of your "points" going back to when you were Hal Kopp and you told us to bet on Rhody against JMU because the line was "juicy"
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Brian Forster wrote: 2 years ago soccer beat UConn also.
You have no idea what you are talking about.

We did charge for soccer games, if you ever went you would see the gates for ticket taking. They stopped when the Ryan Center opened because it wasn't cost effective anymore to get the new ticket software out there.

The 2700, just like football, was dominated by student attendance, which we collect nothing on
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Thank you!

That's a $5 increase from two years ago for the Plains Road tailgating lot. Seems like the issue is before the west side of Plains Rd. wasn't considered a tailgating lot where now the whole lot is a tailgating lot. If you're looking for free parking just go to Keaney
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Brian Forster wrote: 2 years ago thank you. given that parking is free in keaney lot and season ticket holders have been paying for parking for years (and not complaining),it shows the lack of $$ support amongst board members for the school's teams. the free parking argument is just a contrivance. Policy should be driven by donors/season tix holders only. People are always pointing to attendance and funding ,but don't want to pay. amazing.
It shows that the University changed their policy in regards to half of Plains Rd., didn't properly communicate it, and didn't have people on the ground to communicate said change. But great word jumble
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Brian Forster wrote: 2 years ago Season tix cost $$,so that does not include you.
AND you know my finances, too! Wow!
That's Hal Kopp/Brian Forster's big comeback. He knows as much about finances as he does about football lines between Rhody and James Madison
0 x
Brian Forster
ARD

Rhowdy-why would any of the season tix holders be concerned about how much we pay for parking?
We are not on a budget like you and any $$ charge keeps you out of the said parking lot !!
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Brian Forster wrote: 2 years ago Rhowdy-why would any of the season tix holders be concerned about how much we pay for parking?
We are not on a budget like you and any $$ charge keeps you out of the said parking lot !!
Dude...all over other people's $$...jealousy maybe? Can you borrow some from Hal?
1 x
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 years ago
Brian Forster wrote: 2 years ago soccer beat UConn also.
You have no idea what you are talking about.

We did charge for soccer games, if you ever went you would see the gates for ticket taking. They stopped when the Ryan Center opened because it wasn't cost effective anymore to get the new ticket software out there.

The 2700, just like football, was dominated by student attendance, which we collect nothing on
While I understand that students don’t pay for a ticket to the games, I figured the $350 or so times two I’ve paid for the student activities fees for the past four years have at least in some small way gone to athletics. It can’t all be for use of the gym and field maintenance for intramurals.
If anyone has access to the official word on how these student activities fees are spent, I would love to know.
0 x
FmrRamFB
Michael Andersen

Unread post by FmrRamFB »

$15 parking and people are complaining…SMH. What division 1 basketball arena/football stadium offers free parking?
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

FmrRamFB wrote: 2 years ago $15 parking and people are complaining…SMH. What division 1 basketball arena/football stadium offers free parking?
URI, for the past 45 years that I have been attending games. At least tell us about the change.
1 x
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

Thank you!

They are not planning on charging for parking in all lots per this email to me
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Brian Forster wrote: 2 years ago Rhowdy-why would any of the season tix holders be concerned about how much we pay for parking?
Literally one post after I said the only comeback you have for posters is making ridiculous claims about their finances you fire off this gem. You're making my point...
0 x