Re: GM 1 Football vs Bryant 6:05pm Saturday Sept 4 FloFootball.com

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Masks required?
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

I'll go, but I'm not wearing a mask. I'm vaccinated.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago Masks required?
Last I read, you have to wear the mask going through the RC to get to your seat, if you're sitting on that side...and if you're going back inside to purchase concessions, bathroom, etc. No mask outside. At least that's what it was. I don't think it's changed.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago Masks required?
Masks are not required for Football. Social distancing is recommended.

If you go into the Ryan Center (from the home field, west stands) you are required to wear a mask.
0 x
R.Kelly150
Kenny Green

Unread post by R.Kelly150 »

Doesn’t seem so hard or too much to ask
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

R.Kelly150 wrote: 2 years ago Doesn’t seem so hard or too much to ask
Right.

Just a heads up, gets your tickets early for the Stony Brook Homecoming game on Oct 2.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

0 x
GO RAMS
Kirby.Krackle
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by Kirby.Krackle »

Anyone know why Kevin Brown isn’t dressed?
0 x
R.Kelly150
Kenny Green

They just mentioned on the radio broadcast that he is injured. They didn’t elaborate on the type or severity of the injury.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Knee
0 x
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Bos8 »

R.Kelly150 wrote: 2 years ago They just mentioned on the radio broadcast that he is injured. They didn’t elaborate on the type or severity of the injury.
How are you getting the radio broadcast? It's not streaming on the HJJ website and I can't get it to load on the tunein app.
0 x
R.Kelly150
Kenny Green

I got it through The Varsity Network app.
0 x
Kirby.Krackle
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by Kirby.Krackle »

He wasn't on crutches or anything on the sideline so I'm hoping it's not too severe. Weird that the PA announcer announced that he was starting at RB. 

Good win overall. Offense shined. Defense was shakey at points but that seems to be a common occurrence under fleming.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Great win. Big talent gap. Also. Most students I’ve ever seen at a game. If that size attendance becomes this regular, URI will need to add stands in the very near future. It was PACKED.
0 x
GO RAMS
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

When did they start charging 15 dollars to park?
1 x
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Bos8 »

Kevin Brown out for the year. Non contact knee injury in practice
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Without Brown, I figured we see more of Ty Murphy. But he only played special teams until the 4th quarter when he got a few carries with the backups.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago
Daaaayyuum

Great win though!

Maybe Fleming is working out afterall.
0 x
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago When did they start charging 15 dollars to park?
New this year. I didn’t know until I got pinched for it.

This should be interesting come basketball season.

As for the game, Rhody could throw at will. No pass rush from either team, actually, unless it was at garbage time. I left after the final TD with 7 1/2 left.
0 x
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

Here is the email I sent to ticket office about paying for parking for what it's worth...

Please tell me you're not going to charge us to park at games.. Rumor has it, it cost $15 to park at last night's football game. You have a lot of season ticket holders teetering on the edge of cancelling season tickets and just picking and choosing single games at lower prices. Not a good idea when interest may need a boost. At least give season ticket holders the caveat of free parking. Just my thoughts.

Get Outlook for Android
0 x
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

It's clear that the night games draw a bigger crowd than the afternoon start times- why don't they have more?????? If they start charging to park for basketball games it will be a ghost town at the RC.
0 x
RAMFAN
Steve Chubin

Unread post by RAMFAN »

is tailgating allowed?
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

All I know is. This isn’t your oldest kids Rams football team. They can play. I’ll say it again, they needs more seating at this stadium.
1 x
GO RAMS
neil
Art Stephenson

Unread post by neil »

Glorious evening in Kingston!!!
I have been going to ram football since 1963 when my dad took me to see them play Hofstra. Needless to say, going to 80 per cent was not always pleasant -until last night. We played a clean game. Yes, we had too many penalties but there were no turnovers, no interceptions, no quarter back sacks, no blocked punts, no dropped passes?, no missed field goals or extra points. Amazing! How many times have this happened? What a joy to watch this game. I don’t know the attendance figure but it sure brings some hope for this season. My only complaint was that they should have done more (unless I missed it at half time) was honoring the teams of the mid 80’s. There was just a smattering of applause. Am I getting that old. Nice to see Ehrhard’s number on the wall behind the north goal! Go rhody!
2 x
rhodyfan3
ARD

Unread post by rhodyfan3 »

Good first game.

See some discussion about the $15 parking. I was also surprised and only thought it would apply to tailgating vehicles. I wasn’t too upset, but a little bummer.

Loved to see the stadium looking pretty full on a Saturday night. Lots of students. Hopefully we can keep the students engaged by winning.

Team looked pretty good game one. They settled in on offense and played tough defense. Disappointing to hear about the Kevin Brown injury, wish him the best. Kasim Hill looked good. Paul Woods with some nice catches. Firmpong did his thing.

Looking forward to seeing this team gel more. Should be a good one against Albany.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Don’t remember his name, but did the transfer RB from Purdue play?

Sucks about Brown, he was excellent last year.
0 x
Go Rhody
rhodyfan3
ARD

Unread post by rhodyfan3 »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago Don’t remember his name, but did the transfer RB from Purdue play?

Tirek Murphy. He did not see much action.

Antrum got most of the workload and freshman Jaylen Smith got action as well.
0 x
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

rhodyfan3 wrote: 2 years ago
Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago Don’t remember his name, but did the transfer RB from Purdue play?

Tirek Murphy. He did not see much action.

Antrum got most of the workload and freshman Jaylen Smith got action as well.
Yes, Murphy did see some fourth quarter action. The first time I knew he was playing was when he committed a penalty on the punt return team.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

He played the last series or two. Sucks about Brown he was a difference maker. Hill and the WRs looked good. I don’t get how that 4 star DL from Miami doesn’t play more. Are we that good up front?
0 x
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 2 years ago All I know is. This isn’t your oldest kids Rams football team. They can play. I’ll say it again, they needs more seating at this stadium.
I started out pretty high up in section 5. I turned around and noticed that the last 8 or so rows in sections 4 and 5 were covered up with a ruckus tarp/banners. I don’t know about the other three sections.
I usually sit pretty low. Have these rows always been covered up or is this new?
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

JimSidd wrote: 2 years ago
Rhodymob05 wrote: 2 years ago All I know is. This isn’t your oldest kids Rams football team. They can play. I’ll say it again, they needs more seating at this stadium.
I started out pretty high up in section 5. I turned around and noticed that the last 8 or so rows in sections 4 and 5 were covered up with a ruckus tarp/banners. I don’t know about the other three sections.
I usually sit pretty low. Have these rows always been covered up or is this new?
No, I’ve never seen that either. Hopefully it’s not to limit weight.
0 x
GO RAMS
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

ram1980 wrote: 2 years ago Here is the email I sent to ticket office about paying for parking for what it's worth...

Please tell me you're not going to charge us to park at games.. Rumor has it, it cost $15 to park at last night's football game. You have a lot of season ticket holders teetering on the edge of cancelling season tickets and just picking and choosing single games at lower prices. Not a good idea when interest may need a boost. At least give season ticket holders the caveat of free parking. Just my thoughts.

Get Outlook for Android
Between football and basketball, it's going to cost an extra 300 dollars for season ticket holders to park.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

ram1980 wrote: 2 years ago Here is the email I sent to ticket office about paying for parking for what it's worth...

Get Outlook for Android
Between football and basketball, it's going to cost an extra 300 dollars for season ticket holders to park.
Gonna drive some cost-shifting...little less Rhody Pub, little more Pocket Pub...
0 x
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Bos8 »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 2 years ago
No, I’ve never seen that either. Hopefully it’s not to limit weight.
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Are there any free lots on campus anywhere? I don't mind walking up the hill after games if I have to.
0 x
Rhodysk
ARD

Unread post by Rhodysk »

Was there any release about charging for parking?
I have been a season ticket holder for years and never got one word about it.
I know funds are tough to come by but a jump to $15 is pretty extreme. I can understand maybe $5 but the whole point of going to Meade or Ryan center was FREE parking. It made it affordable for the normal family to go and enjoy themselves.

If this $15 parking fee last the whole season and even basketball, good luck getting people to the games. On top of paying for a ticket now you have to pay $15 to park? Why? When people will just stay home and watch on tv/stream.
1 x
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

Rhodysk wrote: 2 years ago Was there any release about charging for parking?
I know funds are tough to come by but a jump to $15 is pretty extreme. I can understand maybe $5 but the whole point of going to Meade or Ryan center was FREE parking. It made it affordable for the normal family to go and enjoy themselves.

If this $15 parking fee last the whole season and even basketball, good luck getting people to the games. On top of paying for a ticket now you have to pay $15 to park? Why? When people will just stay home and watch on tv/stream.
Even $10 would be more tolerable. Going from free to $15? That seems a bit excessive.
For $15, I expect a ride in a golf cart to the entrance gate. 😁
Even the woman that took my $15 said she just found out about it yesterday morning.
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Even $10 would be more tolerable. Going from free to $15? That seems a bit excessive.
Even the woman that took my $15 said she just found out about it yesterday morning.
I asked the woman at the gate if they're going to do it for basketball. She said she's pretty sure they're going to do it for ALL events.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

I asked the woman at the gate if they're going to do it for basketball. She said she's pretty sure they're going to do it for ALL events.
Wasn't too long ago that there was discussion on increasing Athletic Department funds and several posters that URI should charge for parking to raise money.
I never thought URI would do it.

I'll be unpleasantly surprised if this concept sticks.
0 x
Rhodysk
ARD

Unread post by Rhodysk »

I think we all agree the athletic department needs to make money but my thinking is WIN! I don’t care if it’s basketball or football. Put the product out there to win and people will show up.
Everyone down plays the football program but look at last night. Winning cures everything.
Charging for parking without any notice and a step $15 in this economy is going to be tough. You want Fan support #1 don’t discourage them by charging for parking.

$15 to park was more than a dam game ticket last night.

I shake my head at this move by the university
1 x
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

Charging for parking is a move that I expect after several successful seasons- trying to “strike when the iron is hot”. Starting the fee in the midst of a pandemic for a football team which is a perennial loser, and a basketball team that’s been fading the last couple seasons, certainly seems foolish if you are trying to drum up interest.
3 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

I’ll find another lot and walk an extra 5 min. I ain’t paying that either.
0 x
GO RAMS