2021-22 Schedule (top post is current)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
ace
Ernie Calverley

Re: 2021-22 Schedule (top post is current)

Unread post by ace »

1 x
R.Kelly150
Kenny Green

Unread post by R.Kelly150 »

Unfortunately this was one of the most interesting games on the current home schedule for URI. Boise State, clearly much more well know for their FB program still could of been a OOC game that interested the fan base.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

ace wrote: 3 years ago
Wtf whyyyy?
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Saw WVU just made a home and home with UAB, with the first game in Birmingham.

West Virginia will go to UABs arena, but wouldn’t come to Kingston? Little puzzling to me. A loss to UAB would be a bad loss, but a loss to us in Kingston wouldn’t have been at all.
2 x
Go Rhody
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

Anyone got an update on the FGCU game that has been postponed for like five straight years? Been trying to plan a trip to Florida around that game for like five straight years.
Last edited by STC 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

STC wrote: 3 years ago Anyone got an update on the FGCU game that has been postponed for like five straight years? Been trying to plan a trip to Florida around that game for years.
Me too STC - me too.
1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

1 x
79RhodyFan
Steve Chubin

Unread post by 79RhodyFan »

Does the road to the Big East championship go thru Kingston this year? If not Ed might be duckin again.
2 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Tough day for the crowd here who were adamant we should never play them again!

Still can’t believe some on this board truly felt like that.
Last edited by Rhody15 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

CamsRams wrote: 2 years ago

Always one of the great early December non-conference games.

umm, not Always

#whoducken
5 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago Tough day for the crowd here who were adamant we should never play them again!

To me, I'm just tired of their horse bleep - previously just their obnoxious fans who incorrectly think it's our superbowl/think they are above playing us. Now their coach and AD. I want to play and beat their a** every year (especially after they cowardly ducked last season), but it's one game on the schedule, and I'd rather lose to them and make the NCAA like in 2016/17, than beat them and not make it.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago Tough day for the crowd here who were adamant we should never play them again!

Very predictable comment Friar15
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Smart kid

1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

ramster wrote: 2 years ago

Very predictable comment Friar15
You gonna call Blue Man and all the other sensible posters PC fans too because they also wants us to continue playing them? It is such a no-brainer to continue playing the game.

Calling me a PC fan because I understand what the games does for Rhody and want it played every year. Just please get somewhat of a clue.

National TV rivalry game, Rhody publicity all over Twitter and TV for a night, sold out arenas, ticket sales, raucous crowds in Kingston and Providence, good pre and post game places to eat and drink.

Yea, so horrible of me to want that.
Last edited by Rhody15 2 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
0 x
Go Rhody
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

steviep123 wrote: 2 years ago

To me, I'm just tired of their horse bleep - previously just their obnoxious fans who incorrectly think it's our superbowl/think they are above playing us. Now their coach and AD. I want to play and beat their a** every year (especially after they cowardly ducked last season), but it's one game on the schedule, and I'd rather lose to them and make the NCAA like in 2016/17, than beat them and not make it.
Do you think it was Cooley or Driscoll who pushed harder for the game not to be played? My money would be on Cooley. He's the one who portray's the "holier than thou" attitude towards us.
1 x
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Not a good day for Ed Cooley or Friar15

https://247sports.com/college/providenc ... 98/?page=3
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Ed Cooley has the $40,000,000 Ruane Friar Development Center - Providence College and what has he gotten out of it recruiting wise? Very little.

Transfers from Mid Major Schools is about it since the opening. Others came but have now gone.

Ed finally gets a decent recruit in Jayden Epps and today Epps reopens his recruiting. The Ducking out of playing an instate rival last season has to hurt in the big time recruiting picture. A very bad look.

Epps now Ducken PC

Hope Cooley is there for another 20 years.
Last edited by ramster 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

ramster wrote: 2 years ago Ed Cooley has the $40,000,000 Ruane Friar Development Center - Providence College and what has he gotten out of it recruiting wise? Very little.

Transfers from Mid Major Schools is about it since the opening. Others came but have now gone.

Ed finally gets a decent recruit in Jayden Epps and today Epps reopens his recruiting. The Ducking out of playing an instate rival last season has to hurt in the big time recruiting picture. A very bad look.

Epps now Ducken PC

C’mon, do you really think the kid decommitted because PC ducked out of the URI game? He’s not from here. These kids are so focused on their own path, and rightfully so, that he probably doesn’t even remember that the game wasn’t played.
2 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

JimSidd wrote: 2 years ago
ramster wrote: 2 years ago Ed Cooley has the $40,000,000 Ruane Friar Development Center - Providence College and what has he gotten out of it recruiting wise? Very little.

Epps now Ducken PC

C’mon, do you really think the kid decommitted because PC ducked out of the URI game? He’s not from here. These kids are so focused on their own path, and rightfully so, that he probably doesn’t even remember that the game wasn’t played.
1000000000% spot on.

I didn’t wanna be the first to say it and deal with his (and others ) stupid Friar15 comments, but I knew one of the many reasonable posters would respond. There is a ZERO percent chance a Virginia 17 year old high school junior decommitted because PC backed out of playing Rhody.

He probably decommitted because PC is a lower tier Big East team, average head coach and can’t win in the NCAA tourney.
0 x
Go Rhody
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

We need this game. If we're ever going to get the respect we deserve from our state, we have to beat their brains in year in and year out.
1 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Rhode_Island_Red wrote: 2 years ago We need this game. If we're ever going to get the respect we deserve from our state, we have to beat their brains in year in and year out.
........maybe a nomination for a post of the off season......why?......you ask......could be among the few posts by Red that did not refer to the Smith Hill Saints as the former mental institution......no?
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago

Epps now Ducken PC

1000000000% spot on.

I didn’t wanna be the first to say it and deal with his (and others ) stupid Friar15 comments, but I knew one of the many reasonable posters would respond. There is a ZERO percent chance a Virginia 17 year old high school junior decommitted because PC backed out of playing Rhody.

He probably decommitted because PC is a lower tier Big East team, average head coach and can’t win in the NCAA tourney.
I read his statement as he committed during a really trying time (Covid) and now that things are trending back towards normal, he wants to experience a normal recruitment with visits. I really think the kid just wants to experience what other kids get to experience (and give him opportunities to stunt on IG - like any 16 or 17 year old).
1 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

section(105) wrote: 2 years ago
Rhode_Island_Red wrote: 2 years ago We need this game. If we're ever going to get the respect we deserve from our state, we have to beat their brains in year in and year out.
........maybe a nomination for a post of the off season......why?......you ask......could be among the few posts by Red that did not refer to the Smith Hill Saints as the former mental institution......no?
Ooops — all this Florida sunshine must be turning my brain soft.
0 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

0 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

Daytona..November 20th sounds like a nice weekend for basketball
0 x
reckless jake
ARD

Unread post by reckless jake »

LoveThoseRams wrote: 2 years ago Daytona..November 20th sounds like a nice weekend for basketball
Per Jeff Goodman, of Stadium Basketball Insider, it appears we are playing in the "Sunshine Slam" in Daytona, FL with Tulsa, Boston College, and possibly Air Force.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Powerhouse tourney lol....at least it's a tourney...and it befits our new lame status in the A10 and beyond.

Playing PC doesn't get me too excited right about now either.

I hope I'm wrong about next season...but I doubt it.
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

reckless jake wrote: 2 years ago
LoveThoseRams wrote: 2 years ago Daytona..November 20th sounds like a nice weekend for basketball
Per Jeff Goodman, of Stadium Basketball Insider, it appears we are playing in the "Sunshine Slam" in Daytona, FL with Tulsa, Boston College, and possibly Air Force.
Boston College? This would then be the 2nd year in a row where the two teams ended up in the same tourney and also had a regualrly scheduled OOC game. BC eventually cancelled the regularly scheduled game last year.
0 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

0 x
neil
Art Stephenson

Unread post by neil »

Took my family to Daytona when Jimmy and Will were on the team. Fun time with the Rams winning all three games. Games were played in a downtown arena - walking distance from hotels.
Have not done much posting but for the record, color me BLUE !
Go Rhody!!!
0 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

This is the kind of tournament that Jim Baron regularly got us into.
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

......nice if that comes to be, short drive south to new Smyrna Beach, even shorter drive north to Ormond Beach......will try to work that in for sure.......try the various behind the scenes tours at the Speedway.......don’t have to be hard core NASCAR fan to enjoy those......field seems a little week......but some hardware maybe to pad the record for......post season......
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Would be nice to go, but I go to the 500 every year in February [not last year of course].......

Postseason? What's that?
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

RF1 wrote: 2 years ago
Boston College? This would then be the 2nd year in a row where the two teams ended up in the same tourney and also had a regualrly scheduled OOC game. BC eventually cancelled the regularly scheduled game last year.
Assume the same happens this year?
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago
RF1 wrote: 2 years ago

Assume the same happens this year?
I would think so.
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

rambone 78 wrote: 2 years ago Would be nice to go, but I go to the 500 every year in February [not last year of course].......

Postseason? What's that?
.......with this group assembled......the NIT......would like to be wrong.......but......
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Brian Forster
ARD

Unread post by Brian Forster »

I went to same tournament that Neal was at in Daytona.
Nice setup. Hilton is right on beach with good sports bar and restaurant. Arena easy walking distance.
Attendance was not that good. Problem is Daytona (2nd or 3rd tier city).
Last time I think it was bigger tourney with better teams -FSU?
So,a B level tourney. Why can't Rhody get in something like Battle for atlantis?
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Brian Forster wrote: 2 years ago I went to same tournament that Neal was at in Daytona.
Nice setup. Hilton is right on beach with good sports bar and restaurant. Arena easy walking distance.
So,a B level tourney. Why can't Rhody get in something like Battle for atlantis?
Gonna go out on a limb and guess, as pertains to the present..."not good enough"?
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Brian Forster wrote: 2 years ago I went to same tournament that Neal was at in Daytona.

Gonna go out on a limb and guess, as pertains to the present..."not good enough"?
Unfortunately I think so
0 x
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

Yes, definitely not good enough for this tournament right now.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Yes, definitely not good enough for this tournament right now.
I think we are good enough for Daytona with Tulsa, Boston College and Air Force. We are likely better off playing in a Tournament like that with the possibility of winning it, or at least playing competitively, heading into the A10 Conference Play. It's one thing to have a strong OOC Schedule but it does not help if you can't do well with it. Better to gain some experience and momentum heading into A10. Not good that I am saying that in year 4 post Dan Hurley but it is what it is.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

We got spoiled by the tourneys Dan had us in. Now we're back to where we were 10 years ago...a mediocre program.
0 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

After a year's absence from competition, Brown has landed a spot in the Paradise Jam tourney in the Virgin Island sin November. The tourney has eight teams and includes Creighton and Colorado.

https://www.providencejournal.com/story ... 134620001/
0 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

section(105) wrote: 2 years ago ......nice if that comes to be, short drive south to new Smyrna Beach, even shorter drive north to Ormond Beach......will try to work that in for sure.......try the various behind the scenes tours at the Speedway.......don’t have to be hard core NASCAR fan to enjoy those......field seems a little week......but some hardware maybe to pad the record for......post season......
Four hours from West Palm Beach and, IIRC, the arena is next to I-95.
0 x
Ramtastico
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Ramtastico »

Wait a minute!! Not good enough?? I thought with Fatts leaving we are going to be such a better team?? Which is it?
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

With our record last season, Cox in a make or break year and needing as many wins as possible, can't say I'm surprised we're in a tournament like this.

I haven't looked at all the others MTE tournaments, but I think its safe to say this one is towards the bottom of competitiveness.
0 x
Go Rhody
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Also, if BC stays in this, I highly doubt we play them at home this season.
0 x
Go Rhody
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago With our record last season, Cox in a make or break year and needing as many wins as possible, can't say I'm surprised we're in a tournament like this.

I haven't looked at all the others MTE tournaments, but I think its safe to say this one is towards the bottom of competitiveness.
I can't imagine a bunch of empty wins that don't get us close to a tournament bid would be enough to keep his job, or rather I should say I hope not. Seriously, it's painful how deep into the Baron playbook this program is right now
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 years ago
Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago With our record last season, Cox in a make or break year and needing as many wins as possible, can't say I'm surprised we're in a tournament like this.

I can't imagine a bunch of empty wins that don't get us close to a tournament bid would be enough to keep his job, or rather I should say I hope not. Seriously, it's painful how deep into the Baron playbook this program is right now
It's sad really. What Thorr has said about the expectations for this program, and the current reality, the difference is night and day.

if they think that we'll get back to where we were the last 2 years with Dan, with the current staff, is delusional.
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 years ago

I will be very concerned if Thor is not thinking this is an NCAA or BUST year.
2 x