‘19 PG TX - Cam Mack (Nebraska Transfer)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
Rhody Blue
Michael Andersen

Re: ‘19 PG TX - Cam Mack (Nebraska Transfer)

Unread post by Rhody Blue »

It has been said before.... no one is outworking Coach Cox !
2 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Yes please.
1 x
Go Rhody
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Rhody Blue wrote: 4 years ago It has been said before.... no one is outworking Coach Cox !
No one.
1 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Looks like he’ll be immediately eligible if I’m not mistaken 👀👀👀
0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Dino611 wrote: 4 years ago Looks like he’ll be immediately eligible if I’m not mistaken 👀👀👀
No, he wouldn’t be. He’s a sophomore.
0 x
Rhody19/21
Michael Andersen

Unread post by Rhody19/21 »

No doubt we want him... do we have a chance?
0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Yes, P5’s likely to pass on him due to his transgressions.

Bodes well for us. Kids fuck up...have to allow second chances.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago Yes, P5’s likely to pass on him due to his transgressions.

Uh ohhh. DC said the F word.... Who is going to ask for him to be banned??! ;)
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago
Dino611 wrote: 4 years ago Looks like he’ll be immediately eligible if I’m not mistaken 👀👀👀
Then did ESPN make a typo where it says he played at Stephen F Austin from 2017-2018 and then played again at Nebreska from 2019-2020, which would mean he sat out the 18-19 season, Also I’m prob wrong on this but I thought since he already sat out transferring from SFA to NEB, I thought he wouldn’t have to sit out transferring again
0 x
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyfan3000 »

Yes, please
0 x
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Bos8 »

Dino611 wrote: 4 years ago
DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago
Then did ESPN make a typo where it says he played at Stephen F Austin from 2017-2018 and then played again at Nebreska from 2019-2020, which would mean he sat out the 18-19 season, Also I’m prob wrong on this but I thought since he already sat out transferring from SFA to NEB, I thought he wouldn’t have to sit out transferring again
I would have to double check, but I believe he initially enrolled at Stephen F Austin, before leaving, and enrolling at a JuCo. He played his freshman year at a juco, and was eligible to transfer immediately to play as a full qualifier at Nebraska as a sophomore.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

I'm not seeing this tweet. Was it deleted? What did it say?
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

It appears to have been deleted.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

It was the typical twitter post where it showed a picture of him and about 5-6 schools that were recruiting him, Rhode Island was one of them.
0 x
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

Now he has a post on twitter that says his recruitment is "Wide Open"
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

rhodyfan3000 wrote: 4 years ago Now he has a post on twitter that says his recruitment is "Wide Open"
I hate the offseason so much. Recruiting is a nightmare.
1 x
GO RAMS
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

I would take him for sure because at URI we otherwise wouldn’t get someone with his talent, but he was disciplined 5 times at Nebraska in his short time there. Not a great statement about his reliability. I also thought he had his Mom in Texas battling breast cancer so it seems strange that he would come to URI.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

steveystuds06 wrote: 4 years ago
DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago Yes, P5’s likely to pass on him due to his transgressions.

Nobody

He does whatever he wants here. Nice huh?

Makes you proud Stevey?

So happy it makes your day to have to rub it in

I know kids under 12 who read this board.

Just great. Go celebrate your victory.
0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Feel free to block me to curate your experience, as I have. I’m sorry if I offend those of you with virgin ears.
0 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

Ban you, ban me, ban everybody!!!
F words, S words
Think of the CHILDREN!!! :cry: :( :cry:
1 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Lol, they’ve banned me for a week before, I don’t think they’d hesitate to do it again.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Running Ram wrote: 4 years ago Ban you, ban me, ban everybody!!!
F words, S words
DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago Feel free to block me to curate your experience, as I have. I’m sorry if I offend those of you with virgin ears.
Just to be clear. I am not asking that you be banned for swearing. Ignoring me as a poster is certainly your choice. I have never blocked a poster, never will and I don’t support ever locking a thread. I’m all for free speech but excessive profanity bugs me. Also, it’s also against the rules of this board. The Rules for KB are lenient compared to most boards. I copied the profanity rules below.
I added as an example UNC where profanity is 100% banned as it is also 100% banned on Rivals Boards as well as many others. Even abbreviations of profanity are banned on some boards.

You joined the Board the same month as David Cox joined the URI Coaching Staff as Dan Hurley’s Assistant. My guess is you depart when David Cox departs. That’s fine. Loyalty is a good thing. Welcome.

Post by ATPTourFan » 7 years ago
RULES OF THE BOARD

1) No excessive swearing. A few naughty words are fine, since I'm sure we've all heard worse at every annual URI-PC game. However, this board is not the place to test out your personal additions to George Carlin's list.

2) Similar to the previous rule, don't swear or insult other users. It's okay to say, "You know, I don't really agree with your opinion because of X, Y and Z." It's NOT okay to say, "I don't agree with you because you're an F'ing F-Face."

3) Don't troll. For the uninitiated, trolling is posting something just to get a rise out of another user.

27BA8FDE-11CD-4A7D-BC06-EE0DA7CDF21E.png
82475AB5-BD37-4761-93A5-D60AD2D71C36.png
0 x
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

Hey, I joined the NY Jets official fan board the year Vinny Testaverde was QB there and Parcells was coach.

I also joined the KC Chiefs official fan board the year Matt Cassel went there and was starting QB.

In both cases, I considered myself a visitor, but I learned a lot about those two teams, on the KC board I learned a culture that was new to me. And met lots of great passionate fans. I was more rooting for those players and that coach, but I could still share with those fans a common goal, even if I weren't really a fan of their respective teams.

So, there is no problem the way I see it, with DC_Rams.

Switching gears, I think it would be a shock if Mack came here after yesterday. But, it was not unlike what Berry did on twitter, and he proceeded to shock us all. But in this case, we have no real history with Mack prior to a couple of days ago, so I'm thinking that his calling the recruiting guru who posted the original tweet and having them take and down basically indicates that he is looking to go P5.
1 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

rhodyfan3000 wrote: 4 years ago Hey, I joined the NY Jets official fan board the year Vinny Testaverde was QB there and Parcells was coach.

I also joined the KC Chiefs official fan board the year Matt Cassel went there and was starting QB.

In both cases, I considered myself a visitor, but I learned a lot about those two teams, on the KC board I learned a culture that was new to me. And met lots of great passionate fans. I was more rooting for those players and that coach, but I could still share with those fans a common goal, even if I weren't really a fan of their respective teams.

So, there is no problem the way I see it, with DC_Rams.

Switching gears, I think it would be a shock if Mack came here after yesterday. But, it was not unlike what Berry did on twitter, and he proceeded to shock us all. But in this case, we have no real history with Mack prior to a couple of days ago, so I'm thinking that his calling the recruiting guru who posted the original tweet and having them take and down basically indicates that he is looking to go P5.
What did berry do?
0 x
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

I mean when we got Malik Martin, and he took down everything off of his twitter page and said "I'm Wide Open"

That was the same as what Mack did yesterday. But in Berry's case, it was proven over time, that he really did want to come here, he was just upset because he thought he was being recruited over. I have no reason to believe anything like that is the case with Mack based on what little we know at the moment.
0 x
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

Granted, I could be way off and Berry was never upset and we really have no idea what happened there, but that is what seemed like happened at the time.
0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

ramster wrote: 4 years ago

Running Ram wrote: 4 years ago Ban you, ban me, ban everybody!!!
F words, S words
DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago Feel free to block me to curate your experience, as I have. I’m sorry if I offend those of you with virgin ears.
Just to be clear. I am not asking that you be banned for swearing. Ignoring me as a poster is certainly your choice. I have never blocked a poster, never will and I don’t support ever locking a thread. I’m all for free speech but excessive profanity bugs me. Also, it’s also against the rules of this board. The Rules for KB are lenient compared to most boards. I copied the profanity rules below.
I added as an example UNC where profanity is 100% banned as it is also 100% banned on Rivals Boards as well as many others. Even abbreviations of profanity are banned on some boards.

You joined the Board the same month as David Cox joined the URI Coaching Staff as Dan Hurley’s Assistant. My guess is you depart when David Cox departs. That’s fine. Loyalty is a good thing. Welcome.

Post by ATPTourFan » 7 years ago
RULES OF THE BOARD

1) No excessive swearing. A few naughty words are fine, since I'm sure we've all heard worse at every annual URI-PC game. However, this board is not the place to test out your personal additions to George Carlin's list.

2) Similar to the previous rule, don't swear or insult other users. It's okay to say, "You know, I don't really agree with your opinion because of X, Y and Z." It's NOT okay to say, "I don't agree with you because you're an F'ing F-Face."

3) Don't troll. For the uninitiated, trolling is posting something just to get a rise out of another user.

27BA8FDE-11CD-4A7D-BC06-EE0DA7CDF21E.png

82475AB5-BD37-4761-93A5-D60AD2D71C36.png
Bar none, one of the most baseless posts I’ve read. What does when I joined or where you THINK my allegiances lie have to do with your argument?

How many other people joined the board around that time? I’ve openly Admitted to being a Cox supporter being from the DMV. One of my degrees is from URI and another is from Georgetown. I am still a fan of them as well, even though I’m not a Ewing fan. So what?

Try again at making sense.
2 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

rhodyfan3000 wrote: 4 years ago I mean when we got Malik Martin, and he took down everything off of his twitter page and said "I'm Wide Open"

That was the same as what Mack did yesterday. But in Berry's case, it was proven over time, that he really did want to come here, he was just upset because he thought he was being recruited over. I have no reason to believe anything like that is the case with Mack based on what little we know at the moment.
Cam didn’t take anything down though.
0 x
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

That's true, the recruiting page on twitter did. It wasn't actually on Mack's personal page.
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

First time poster:
I have seen Cam play over a dozen times this past year and he is a great talent. He is the only Nebraska player to have a triple double, and was slated to be one of the top point guards in the Big 10 next season. His biggest problem was off court issues which were unspecified. I think the last thing we need is another sit-out transfer since we only have 8 scholarship players currently available (7 if Fatts doesn't return). Considering the NCAA recommended the no-sit vote to be postponed until January, we currently have no depth in the front-court, and if we don't see a dramatic improvement from Harris we will be in big trouble. I feel we need 2 bigs or at least 1 and a wing with the remaining scholarships. We have to fill all 13 scholarships due to our recent history of mid-year transfers, injuries, and ineligibility. Thanks
0 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

Jersey77 wrote: 4 years ago First time poster:
I have seen Cam play over a dozen times this past year and he is a great talent. He is the only Nebraska player to have a triple double, and was slated to be one of the top point guards in the Big 10 next season. His biggest problem was off court issues which were unspecified. I think the last thing we need is another sit-out transfer since we only have 8 scholarship players currently available (7 if Fatts doesn't return). Considering the NCAA recommended the no-sit vote to be postponed until January, we currently have no depth in the front-court, and if we don't see a dramatic improvement from Harris we will be in big trouble. I feel we need 2 bigs or at least 1 and a wing with the remaining scholarships. We have to fill all 13 scholarships due to our recent history of mid-year transfers, injuries, and ineligibility. Thanks
Disagree - let’s build for two years from now with the best players we can get. If the transfer rule passes next season with 4 or 5 sit out transfers on the roster already we won’t be decimated and so far they are all really talented players. We will have the best continuity of any team in the conference.

Also not throwing out next year. I expect Harris to be better without Cyril there. Antwan will be better. Fatts and Juice still probably best backcourt in conference. Talented freshmen.
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Harris's numbers will improve along with Antwan's but with a depleted front-court who will handle the minutes since both these players have fouling issues and what about injuries. if the rule passes for the following year, there will always be players available in the portal (new norm) to fill the void plus we have the incoming freshman with a year under their belt. I would hate to see us sacrifice this year due to no depth and question marks up front.
0 x
The Dude
Tom Garrick

Unread post by The Dude »

I'm not sure about this guy. One of the ESPN articles state that he had been disciplined 3 times last season and held out of the starting line up 3 times. He was suspended for the game against Michigan for the one incident we've heard about (leaving the scene of an accident). I think we need guys that can gel & are mature enough to stay out of trouble. Tate had his issues and we saw how that played out. They supposedly weren't major, but it still wasn't conducive to unifying a team. We need good players to be on the floor consistently, in my opinion, so they can grow together and become a great unit together.
I believe there are more than enough transfers out there, with possibly more to come, to be able to address filling out one more scholarship with a good player, so URI doesn't have to gamble on guys like this who can't seem to make good decisions away from the court.
0 x
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Marcus Garvey
rhodyblue12
ARD

Unread post by rhodyblue12 »

You are not going to get many 4 star kids, who are coming off a really good year and transferring down from a P5 school - who are perfect.
He averaged 35 min per game, so he's not in search of PT.
Interview the kid and see. Certainly a calculated risk, but could pay off big time.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

He is a great talent and not a bad kid but I would prefer we get immediate help on our front line. Not sure we have the luxury to have another body sit on the bench while we struggle in the paint and have few players available this upcoming year.
0 x
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

Yes, I like new posters as much as the next guy, but you already stated that 3 times today on this page.

The problem is, we had Ousmane, and he decommitted. We missed out on Bacon to VCU. They aren't exactly growing on trees, and there is no way in heck you are getting two of them at this late date. If someone of the quality of the two I just mentioned 100 characters ago were available, that would be one thing, but who is that person exactly? Do they exist?

In the meantime, I would give this guy a look if he wanted to come here, his film from the Indiana and Purdue games, easily found on youtube, are ridiculously good, especially at that level. He makes all of his teammates instantly better.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Would be surprised if he ends up here, he is from Texas, probably ends up in a power conference. Had previously committed to St. Johns only because of his relationship with Matt A who left for Nebraska to work with Fred. Cam then went with him.
0 x
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

ok, fair enough. We aren't going to get them all.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

I am sure our coaches are working behind the scenes addressing our strengths and weaknesses on the recruiting trail.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Talent wise sounds like he be great for us but the character issues are a worry
0 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

reef wrote: 4 years ago Talent wise sounds like he be great for us but the character issues are a worry
That sums up this guy to a tee.
1 x
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

Any news on Mack?
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Haven't heard anything, maybe schools waiting if there is any NCAA news today, also the issue with his suspensions. If programs can get past that, he is probably one of the best available in the portal.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

In his transfer statement from Nebraska he said he was entering the portal due to family circumstances, his mother was battling cancer, so he may try and get closer to his home in Texas.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

He ended up at Prairie View a HBCU close to his home in Texas.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

He is back in the portal again, finished 3rd in the nation in assists 7.7/PG

Last edited by Jersey77 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Jersey77 wrote: 3 years ago He is back in the portal again, finished 3rd in the nation in assists 7.7/game

Hey he could bring some stability that's for sure!
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

I have also submitted my name for the NBA draft and entered the portal (again).
0 x