BJ Simmons Juco G

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
Joe95
ARD

BJ Simmons Juco G

Unread post by Joe95 »

0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Re: BJ Simmons Juco G

Unread post by Rhody74 »

0 x
Slava Ukraini!
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Kind of an odd career progression - He started at Trinity Valley Community College, transferred to Idaho (D1), played seven games and got good minutes, but then transferred again and played this year at JC Clarendon, which doesn't seem to have up to date individual stats. He's around a 35 percent shooter from 3, from his time at Trinity Valley and Idaho, listed at heights from 6'1" to 6'3". Seems... fine, maybe a bench guy, unless he's completely blown up this year.
0 x
OrangeRam
Abdul Fox

Unread post by OrangeRam »

Ten points a game as a senior?
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Hard pass. If you are going the Juco route it better be for a dynamic scorer ie Munford or Shepp. Really makes you wonder when we offer this kid and dont even place a call to Kolek. Like wtf
2 x
Joe95
ARD

Unread post by Joe95 »

I think Kolek stays with George Mason. Will have a chance to learn for a very good College Guard in Kim English. I’m still hoping for this kid from VMI.
0 x
Joe95
ARD

Unread post by Joe95 »

I think it’s higher chance he stays with Mason then leaves for another school, just a guess on my part though.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

bigappleram wrote: 3 years ago Hard pass. If you are going the Juco route it better be for a dynamic scorer ie Munford or Shepp. Really makes you wonder when we offer this kid and dont even place a call to Kolek. Like wtf
I agree, maybe they see something we don't.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Saginaw Michigan home of P Murphy
0 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

The few things I have found on him are that he makes teammates better and sacrifices personal stats for team wins. Sounds like a glue guy. We already have some glue guys, need a dynamic scorer.
1 x
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Kolek has serious defensive problems. He started Mason's A-10 playoff game this year and was yanked 90 seconds into the game after the guy he was defending went right around him.
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Jersey77 wrote: 3 years ago
bigappleram wrote: 3 years ago Hard pass. If you are going the Juco route it better be for a dynamic scorer ie Munford or Shepp. Really makes you wonder when we offer this kid and dont even place a call to Kolek. Like wtf
They meaning the coaching staff? Highly unlikely.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

theblueram wrote: 3 years ago
Jersey77 wrote: 3 years ago
They meaning the coaching staff? Highly unlikely.
Yes, nothing really stands out about him to me, not sure what our staff sees.

There seems to be much better fits for us in the portal and the prep ranks.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Yea, I'm not a huge Kolek guy.
0 x
GO RAMS
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

eli#10 wrote: 3 years ago Kolek has serious defensive problems. He started Mason's A-10 playoff game this year and was yanked 90 seconds into the game after the guy he was defending went right around him.
They lost that game against Davidson by 33 and the coach is now fired, so, I'm not exactly going to trust that he was making the correct substitution patterns or really coaching them up on defense. Kolek still played 25 minutes and had nine points, so it's not like he got a Jim Baron Big Man-style DNP after starting. I'd be more bullish on Kolek than similar transfers at lower levels - like Simmons - because we know how he is against A-10 level competition. Like unless Simmons had a big improvement this year at a really small Texas juco, his numbers at Idaho were worse than Kolek's at GMU.
0 x