Sheppard

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Sheppard

Unread post by SandorClegane »

I’m going out on a limb here to predict Sheppard stays and commits for another year at URI. I think his situation and the fact that he only played two years of college ball would actually make sense for him to take the extra year. He would also be the lead guard going into the 2022 season.
1 x
“The greatest things in life are invisible to the eye”
- Mr. Rogers
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Re: Sheppard

Unread post by rambone 78 »

He hasn't decided yet, or maybe he knows and hasn't made it public.

Could be, with the uncertainty about Cox's status, he's waiting until a decision is made there.
0 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

If Cox was not returning, we would know by now. Silence suggests that the Board needs to approve a contract extension.
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Bos8 »

rambone 78 wrote: 3 years ago He hasn't decided yet, or maybe he knows and hasn't made it public.

Could be, with the uncertainty about Cox's status, he's waiting until a decision is made there.
The uncertainty about Cox's status? What are you talking about??? There is zero chance he isn't back next year unless there is something MAJOR going on beneath the surface (think along the lines of USF). Anything relating to Cox's status beyond next year would have zero impact on Jeremy's decision.

You continue to be the least informed, most over the top person on this board. I typically tend to think you are being facetious/trolling in a majority of your posts, because at the end of the day, I don't believe anyone could be as constantly wrong as you are. But then again, who knows?
10 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

rambone 78 wrote: 3 years ago He hasn't decided yet, or maybe he knows and hasn't made it public.

The only uncertainty about Cox's status is from you and a few others on this board. He is 100% back as HC next season. All this talk is a year early and tiresome. Find a new subject bc we don't need 300 days straight of hearing you say he should be fired. We get it, that's your opinion.
15 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Bos8 wrote: 3 years ago

The uncertainty about Cox's status? What are you talking about??? There is zero chance he isn't back next year unless there is something MAJOR going on beneath the surface (think along the lines of USF). Anything relating to Cox's status beyond next year would have zero impact on Jeremy's decision.

You continue to be the least informed, most over the top person on this board. I typically tend to think you are being facetious/trolling in a majority of your posts, because at the end of the day, I don't believe anyone could be as constantly wrong as you are. But then again, who knows?
He’s literally the most uninformed, most miserable person I’ve ever come across.
5 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

bigappleram wrote: 3 years ago

The only uncertainty about Cox's status is from you and a few others on this board. He is 100% back as HC next season. All this talk is a year early and tiresome. Find a new subject bc we don't need 300 days straight of hearing you say he should be fired. We get it, that's your opinion.
No sense in feeding the troll. Let him live in his dark hole.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

DC_Rams wrote: 3 years ago

But you continue to respond over and over again? Rambone has been a fan of this program much longer than you. DIsagree with him sure but calling him a troll is ridiculous. Then again I know you can't post anything on here without being a bully and calling someone out.

Guess what, everyone? You're capable of blocking anyone on here. Instead of coming on this message board to complain about why someone made a certain thread or to talk shit to another poster, how about we focus on talking about the players, coach, and program? I'm all for having a debate, but the personal attacks are so freaking annoying and childish.
5 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

My thought is 50/50 he returns, still weighing his options.
If he doesn't, wish we could of seen more of him, but still have a gut feeling he may come back, hope so.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unfortunately DC isn't the only one who uses personal attacks.

But he's the worst, by far.

steveystuds, thanks for the support. Would be nice if they would heed your advice.

Seems like the mods have given up on policing personal attacks.

Sometimes I'm tempted to respond in kind, but I'm above that.
2 x
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Bos8 »

?? Personal attacks??

Facts aren’t personal. When you are wrong, and spouting non sense it isn’t personal to point that out. I have no idea who you are as a person. But I find your non sensical posts borderline offensive. You could most certainly be a fantastic father, an exemplary employee, and an overall great human being. In no way am I disagreeing with that. Just pointing out that you are usually factually incorrect more often then not.

It just becomes tiring when the same nonsense is spewed in EVERY thread. I'd love to hear some insight about what Shep is going, since I personally don't know. But it turns into a bash the coach/program thread. I'd love to know what Fatts is going to do, because again, I have no insight personally, but again that thread becomes a bash the way Fatts was coached thread. I wouldn't mind being updated on the coaching search at relevant schools, but alas it becomes another bash the program thread. I'd love to see what players we may be involved with, but instead I need to read that "Fatts had Cox over a barrel". (Isn't that personal?)
4 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Bos8 wrote: 3 years ago ?? Personal attacks??

Facts aren’t personal. When you are wrong, and spouting non sense it isn’t personal to point that out. I have no idea who you are as a person. But I find your non sensical posts borderline offensive. You could most certainly be a fantastic father, an exemplary employee, and an overall great human being. In no way am I disagreeing with that. Just pointing out that you are usually factually incorrect more often then not.

It just becomes tiring when the same nonsense is spewed in EVERY thread. I'd love to hear some insight about what Shep is going, since I personally don't know. But it turns into a bash the coach/program thread. I'd love to know what Fatts is going to do, because again, I have no insight personally, but again that thread becomes a bash the way Fatts was coached thread. I wouldn't mind being updated on the coaching search at relevant schools, but alas it becomes another bash the program thread. I'd love to see what players we may be involved with, but instead I need to read that "Fatts had Cox over a barrel". (Isn't that personal?)
Exactly.

But guys come in guns blazing to support his tired rhetoric.

He’s posted literally over 50 times the same thing in the past 3 days, and my last 3 responses have pointed out the BS, but somehow I’m the bad guy. At what point do his posts become spam?!
2 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

steveystuds06 wrote: 3 years ago

But you continue to respond over and over again? Rambone has been a fan of this program much longer than you. DIsagree with him sure but calling him a troll is ridiculous. Then again I know you can't post anything on here without being a bully and calling someone out.

Guess what, everyone? You're capable of blocking anyone on here. Instead of coming on this message board to complain about why someone made a certain thread or to talk shit to another poster, how about we focus on talking about the players, coach, and program? I'm all for having a debate, but the personal attacks are so freaking annoying and childish.
How tf am I bully, when the man has spent his days literally spamming and trolling the coach? That is literally what trolls do! It’s a factual statement.
2 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Thought this was gonna have something to do about Sheppard 🙄
8 x
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Unread post by ramfan85 »

PeterRamTime wrote: 3 years ago Thought this was gonna have something to do about Sheppard 🙄
It doesn't take much for this to become "The Housewives of Kingston." 😀
10 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Bos8, Bar, and DC have no more knowledge of Cox's situation than I do. Who told them he's staying? Who knows?

I'm just speculating. Many here do the same, and repeat themselves constantly.

Believe me, no one here wants URI to win more than I do.

Anyway, don't like it, don't read it.
0 x
rhodylocal
Jeff Kent

Unread post by rhodylocal »

rambone 78 wrote: 3 years ago Bos8, Bar, and DC have no more knowledge of Cox's situation than I do. Who told them he's staying? Who knows?

Curious Rambone, what makes you think Cox should be fired after his 3rd year?

On Sheppard: didn't Sheppard all but come out and say he wouldn't be returning? He participated in Senior night, Cox said something about he and Fatts moving onto pro careers and I thought he put something up on Instagram thanking the program. I guess he was never asked point blank but what makes anyone think he will come back to repeat his senior year? Wishful thinking I guess.
0 x
Dan Hurley 2012-2018:
Year 1: 8-21 3-13 T–14th
Year 2:14-18 5-11 10th
Year 3:23-10 13-5 T-2nd NIT 2nd RD
Year 4:17-15 9-9 7th
Year 5:25-10 13-5 T-3rd NCAA T
Year 6:26-8 15-3 1st NCAA T

Archie Miller 2022-?:
Year 1:9-22 5-13 14th
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

I'm made my points about Cox.

Talk to Blue Man, he's just as adamant about Cox being fired, although he thinks he'll get another year.

I think he will too, but shouldn't.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

I do have to say, your schtick of saying the same exact thing using different words over and over and over again in every single thread is getting pretty brutal.
3 x
Go Rhody
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

rambone 78 wrote: 3 years ago Bos8, Bar, and DC have no more knowledge of Cox's situation than I do. Who told them he's staying? Who knows?

Wrong. Again. And I never use personal attacks on Doombone he's been a longtime fan but the sky is falling posts for 10+ years would grate anyone.
3 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Wrong. Again. And I never use personal attacks on Doombone he's been a longtime fan but the sky is falling posts for 10+ years would grate anyone.

Every single post of his in every thread is the sky is falling.

Becoming insufferable.
3 x
Go Rhody
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Add foe.png
For anyone that doesn't know how to block someone. You click their profile name and then click "Add foe" Very simple.
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 3 years ago Add foe.png

For anyone that doesn't know how to block someone. You click their profile name and then click "Add foe" Very simple.
Their posts still come up if people quote them and respond, so blocking is pretty useless.
2 x
Go Rhody
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Don't worry.

I'm about to take my annual summer sabbatical from the board.

Enjoy the mediocrity!
1 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

rhodylocal wrote: 3 years ago

Curious Rambone, what makes you think Cox should be fired after his 3rd year?

On Sheppard: didn't Sheppard all but come out and say he wouldn't be returning? He participated in Senior night, Cox said something about he and Fatts moving onto pro careers and I thought he put something up on Instagram thanking the program. I guess he was never asked point blank but what makes anyone think he will come back to repeat his senior year? Wishful thinking I guess.
On Sheppard, it is absolutely wishful thinking but mixed with a little practicality because there is uncertainty in the oversees market.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

rhodylaw wrote: 3 years ago
rhodylocal wrote: 3 years ago

On Sheppard, it is absolutely wishful thinking but mixed with a little practicality because there is uncertainty in the oversees market.
Latest I heard on Shep. from Adam Bernstein a couple days ago:

"It will be interesting to see what happens with Coach David Cox’s Rams next season with the departure of Fatts Russell. It is unclear whether or not senior guard Jeremy Sheppard will be returning to the program for a graduate year."
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

I don’t always agree with Rambone. I know him personally and he is a die hard Ramfan. He belongs here.
5 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

HES COMIN BACK
3 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

11 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Big time!
0 x
Go Rhody
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

Huge for our backcourt!
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Bring his VMI buddy and we are gravy in the back court!
3 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Yeah, this is big time good news.
2 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Nice good news for a change
4 x
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by KingstonLane »

Cant overstate how massive this is. While the AB injury timeline still looms large, you now return a starting 5 who played legitimate minutes together in Ish-Shep-Martin-Walker-Mitchell. Also at a time where other solid programs in conference are losing legit talent.

I’m still hoping we either bring in a transfer or Tres can start over Malik. In today’s game you really need 3 quality ball handlers

URI should be a top 3 A10 team on paper. Granted that means nothing but still something to look forward to
1 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

KingstonLane wrote: 3 years ago Cant overstate how massive this is. While the AB injury timeline still looms large, you now return a starting 5 who played legitimate minutes together in Ish-Shep-Martin-Walker-Mitchell. Also at a time where other solid programs in conference are losing legit talent.

I’m still hoping we either bring in a transfer or Tres can start over Malik. In today’s game you really need 3 quality ball handlers

URI should be a top 3 A10 team on paper. Granted that means nothing but still something to look forward to
Yeah it lines up to be cox’s measuring stick year perfect. He has weapons no excuses
1 x
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by KingstonLane »

rhodysurf wrote: 3 years ago
KingstonLane wrote: 3 years ago Cant overstate how massive this is. While the AB injury timeline still looms large, you now return a starting 5 who played legitimate minutes together in Ish-Shep-Martin-Walker-Mitchell. Also at a time where other solid programs in conference are losing legit talent.

Yeah it lines up to be cox’s measuring stick year perfect. He has weapons no excuses
Yup. Honestly kind of perfect for the future of the program one way or another. Either Cox figures it out and has his guys and we’re building something, or it’s clear as day he’s not the answer
7 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Still think Cox needs a point guard. I think Shep is a great 2G.
2 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Equally as surprised by this news as I was by the Fatts news. Definitely a big needed boost to the backcourt next year.
3 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

KingstonLane wrote: 3 years ago
rhodysurf wrote: 3 years ago

Yup. Honestly kind of perfect for the future of the program one way or another. Either Cox figures it out and has his guys and we’re building something, or it’s clear as day he’s not the answer
No doubt.

Literally nobody in the A-10 will have anything close to what we will have in the frontcourt.

We bring everyone back except Fatts and an injured Betrand.

And if we had another transfer guard like Parham from VMI?

Literally no excuses at all.

Plentyyy of talent.

Some think our record this year is from a lack of talent, but I'm not buying that at all.

Pretty much everyone lead the team in scoring at some point. The flashes were there. Make or break on Cox.

I WANT TO GO BACK TO THE DANCE DAMNIT
3 x
LIRAM
Kenny Green

Unread post by LIRAM »

Fantastic news! Jeremy was playing at a high level toward the end of the season. He gives us a shot maker who will be one of the better guards in the league. I'm excited for the young man to be the primary play maker on next years team. If we land his buddy? LOOK OUT!

Looks like Coach Cox won his first recruiting battle this off season. Good for him and great for us. Jeremy is a very easy young man to root for and he would of been sought after if he decided to bolt. I think it was a great decision for him to I stay and it is encouraging that he believes in Cox to stay.
1 x
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Unread post by SandorClegane »

;) Boom! Nailed it.
I think Shep is your starting 1. Disagree on peoples take that he’s not a true PG. Shep and Ish make a talented, unselfish backcourt. My optimism on next year jumped a bit....
1 x
“The greatest things in life are invisible to the eye”
- Mr. Rogers
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

.....good news for sure.......but I am guarding against going gaga over this......as we were 10th in the conference........do not see how this alone catapult us to the top......
2 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

theblueram wrote: 3 years ago Still think Cox needs a point guard. I think Shep is a great 2G.
We’ll return 4 starters, plus Makhi.

Will be interesting if we look for an immediately eligible PG, or roll with Sheppard.

If we get his buddy from VMI, I assume he’ll start along with Sheppard and Legget.
Last edited by Rhody15 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Go Rhody
theblueram
Frank Keaney

SandorClegane wrote: 3 years ago ;) Boom! Nailed it.
I think Shep is your starting 1. Disagree on peoples take that he’s not a true PG. Shep and Ish make a talented, unselfish backcourt. My optimism on next year jumped a bit....
Disagree. I think Shep is a great 2G and we need a star PG. Shep reminds me of Cat.
2 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

section(105) wrote: 3 years ago .....good news for sure.......but I am guarding against going gaga over this......as we were 10th in the conference........do not see how this alone catapult us to the top......
You stole my words 105, we need to pump the brakes a little before we are penciled in as conference contenders. This team still has a long ways to go, including the staff.
2 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

section(105) wrote: 3 years ago .....good news for sure.......but I am guarding against going gaga over this......as we were 10th in the conference........do not see how this alone catapult us to the top......
Absolutely this.

Saying we are top 3 on paper after that abomination of a season is crazy talk and just setting us up for disappointment.

Let the chips fall as there will be plenty more roster movement within the conference.
2 x
Go Rhody
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Rhody15 wrote: 3 years ago
Absolutely this.

Saying we are top 3 on paper after that abomination of a season is crazy talk and just setting us up for disappointment.

Let the chips fall as there will be plenty more roster movement within the conference.
True. I still expect Cox to be fired next year.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

I was told there was a strong chance he was coming back a few weeks ago, but I didn't want to get too excited until I saw it was official. This is awesome news!!

Top 3 on paper with no Betrand? Umm, how? I love every offseason when people on here make our team and our players out to be much better than they are. Let's get another immediate impact player, and I'll start to get excited!
4 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING