Fatts (Grad Transfer to Maryland)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
ngriff
Abdul Fox

Re: Fatts

Unread post by ngriff »

If Ish transfers thats the nail in the coffin for me, if anyone that is somewhat valuable transfers out, it is just more proof that we are slipping slowly but surely back into a Baron era, we have to build on what Hurley started, which is the opposite of what we are doing right now.
2 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Surprising news about Fatts for sure, but understandable. Wish him nothing but the best. Whatever he ends up doing I'll be rooting for him.
9 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Honestly, I don’t know how to feel about this.
1 x
GO RAMS
ngriff
Abdul Fox

Unread post by ngriff »

the_one_mike wrote: 3 years ago
ngriff wrote: 3 years ago As crazy as this sounds, what if Fatts transfers to PC... All hell breaks lose
He hates Cooley and the feeling is mutual, that’s not happening... but certainly an interesting fan fiction lolol.

He’s looking for a run into the tournament under a P5 team for media exposure to up his stock. Either that or going pro if he gets a strong contract offer from a professional team overseas. Sad truth is he played himself out of D League consideration this season... injuries or not.

MBB is really just minor leagues, at this point. I think this decision is good for all parties, honesty. Here’s to hoping we get this practice facility moving soon so we have a chance in this arms race...
100 percenet agreed, was just putting a hypothetical out there, just thinking about it is interesting. By no means is it at all realistic. Also we have been talking about somewhat of a practice facility since Fatt's FRESHMAN year and still nothing has been done, though hopefully it finally gets moving soon.
1 x
ngriff
Abdul Fox

Unread post by ngriff »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 3 years ago Honestly, I don’t know how to feel about this.
For me bitter sweet. Sad to see him go but hes gotta do whats bests for him. I still have a ton of respect for him.
1 x
the_one_mike
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by the_one_mike »

Blue Man wrote: 3 years ago I love the kid but he’s no good without a coach who will force him to play to his strengths, rather than let him do whatever he wants and chuck shots as a 28% shooter.

That said, odd to be a 23-24 year old coming back. No way does he make the league at this age especially without being a 40%+ shooter.

Still. Should be another black mark on cox. Didn’t expect Fatts back but how bad are things if Fatts wants to come back but doesn’t trust you as a coach to help anything.
I don’t understand how his poor play this year becomes a condemnation on Cox. I certainly cede that there is room to grow in roster management but to assert Fatts poor play this year is due to coaching is shortsighted at best.

His forced shots all year and way-too-long leash are remarkably reminiscent of EC during the Baron 2.0 thread era. They are both Dan guys. Just saying.

If Cox can’t get it done with a team of all his guys next year, I agree that it may be time to question him but i don’t think all the heat he’s getting is fair.

This sucks, but truthfully makes sense.
1 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Same day Nate Watson announced he’s staying in Providence.
1 x
GO RAMS
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 3 years ago Same day Nate Watson announced he’s staying in Providence.
He’s going to be an All American next season.

Kid is an ox.
2 x
Go Rhody
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

So Cox let Fatts do whatever he wants for three years, we underachieve for three years, then Fatts leaves anyway? So what has even been the point of all of this?

Also, I don't have as big of a problem with players transferring as many posters here, but you don't get to kiss the logo at center court then announce you're leaving less than a month later. You can kiss the logo, or you can transfer out, you don't get both. Sorry, I don't make the rules, I just call them as they are
8 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 3 years ago So Cox let Fatts do whatever he wants for three years, we underachieve for three years, then Fatts leaves anyway? So what has even been the point of all of this?

Also, I don't have as big of a problem with players transferring as many posters here, but you don't get to kiss the logo at center court then announce you're leaving less than a month later. You can kiss the logo, or you can transfer out, you don't get both. Sorry, I don't make the rules, I just call them as they are
It was his last game in a URI uniform, thus the send off / kissing of the logo.

He also said it was his “last game in the Ryan Center” and he never once said “last college game” so we all should have seen this coming.
2 x
Go Rhody
the_one_mike
Jimmy Baron

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 3 years ago So Cox let Fatts do whatever he wants for three years, we underachieve for three years, then Fatts leaves anyway? So what has even been the point of all of this?

Social media has completely reconstructed what loyalty looks like.

Can’t be mad at him, I can only imagine being in his position. But I think what you see there is a symptom greater than just his individual character but that of most people in the social media era, especially “influencers.

That little blue checkmark has changed the game.
0 x
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

I’ll root for him wherever he goes. He played four years and didn’t transfer before graduating. Why would come back here when he can get media exposure on a P5 team next year to try and get a decent pro contract
11 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Rhody15 wrote: 3 years ago

It was his last game in a URI uniform, thus the send off / kissing of the logo.

He also said it was his “last game in the Ryan Center” and he never once said “last college game” so we all should have seen this coming.
I get all that, I'm not mad at Fatts, and I get his decision. But you don't get to kiss the logo then transfer. That's reserved for guys finishing their college careers here
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
the_one_mike
Jimmy Baron

rhodysurf wrote: 3 years ago I’ll root for him wherever he goes. He played four years and didn’t transfer before graduating. Why would come back here when he can get media exposure on a P5 team next year to try and get a decent pro contract
Exactly
1 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

rhodysurf wrote: 3 years ago I’ll root for him wherever he goes. He played four years and didn’t transfer before graduating. Why would come back here when he can get media exposure on a P5 team next year to try and get a decent pro contract
Honestly, I always thought he would be a great 25 minute a night guy on really good team. Put him at Duke, Kentucky, etc and let him inject energy. Unless he becomes a better shooter, that is his ceiling. No ill will to him, I will root for him wherever he goes with 1 notable exception. He played all four years here, NCAA rule gives him a 5th. He is a Rhody Ram for life.
1 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Or. He could help his current school gain exposure which we had just a few seasons ago. Scouts know Fatts pretty well by now. He’ll get exposure this season at URI, just like he did this past season. I don’t buy that excuse.
0 x
GO RAMS
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Rhodymob05 wrote: 3 years ago Or. He could help his current school gain exposure which we had just a few seasons ago. Scouts know Fatts pretty well by now. He’ll get exposure this season at URI, just like he did this past season. I don’t buy that excuse.
I love Fatts, he will not improve his pro status playing at Rhody 35 mins a game and doing what he has done the last 3 years. He needs to go to a program with legit pros on the roster who will demand the ball from him and force him to be a better facilitator.
7 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Good luck!

We all knew he was gone. He had been saying this was his last year here when he announced he was returning last year. No ill will, but I’ve felt he’s lost us more games than he’s won for us. Great kid and solid ball player, but him moving on was best for all parties involved.
2 x
DigB
Michael Andersen

Unread post by DigB »

I honestly don't see much opportunity for Fatts as a pro - maybe overseas, so I'm not surprised he is returning to college play. His decision to transfer is more of an incitement on our program. He doesn't expect better days here next year.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

the_one_mike wrote: 3 years ago
Exactly
After digesting the news for a bit this is my feeling as well . It will be interesting to see what school he picks
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Uhhhh...

Ima contunue to drink Guinness.

Cheers.
0 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

Wait! A poster you call a troll told you two days ago that Fatts needed to play college basketball another year. It was never said at URI, although URI is not out of the question. And, you were told why. Fatts has been weighing his options for three years. Sources say big money from overseas has not materialized. His handlers are amateurs trying to create a market for him.
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

Unread post by KevanBoyles »

No surprise here. Another year at Rhody makes no sense for him. Time to move on. Probably pissed that he did not have the opportunity to move with Hurley. I wish him the best.
0 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 3 years ago Or. He could help his current school gain exposure which we had just a few seasons ago. Scouts know Fatts pretty well by now. He’ll get exposure this season at URI, just like he did this past season. I don’t buy that excuse.
How does shooting 33%/22% help us get exposure? How did it help us this season?
2 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
woodennickel1
ARD

Unread post by woodennickel1 »

Hurley may be a real good coach but if he takes Fatts off a guy who worked hard for him for years and is fighting for his head coaching life that's a weasel move. I actually like Hurley but will lose total respect for him if he takes Fatts.
1 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

Wow this is news. I think he has to go where he can compliment a team and his boom or bust style is buoyed by like 6 other really good players. The game is too hard when you’re so short.

Cox? Idk 👀 I’ve been wondering what ARD would look like back. I think Cox will have the team playing better next year if no Fatts and everyone else comes back.
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

woodennickel1 wrote: 3 years ago Hurley may be a real good coach but if he takes Fatts off a guy who worked hard for him for years and is fighting for his head coaching life that's a weasel move. I actually like Hurley but will lose total respect for him if he takes Fatts.
Fatts was gone independent of Hurley wanting him or not.

Hurley “taking” him would’ve been something that happened immediately. Fatts playing a full 4 year career at URI is exactly that, a full career.

I agree with just about everyone who’s posted because it’s a complicated issue.

I will wish Fatts well. I think he lost us more games than he won. I think he could be great under a better coach. He gave everything he had to this program. He’s one of our “greats” and he gave me some amazing memories, but the kid is a 28% shooter who shot 6 3’s a game.

I agree that it’s odd to do the logo kiss TJ or EC style and then transfer out...even tho I understand his decision and don’t think it’s a bad one for him. Flex culture is a weird thing.

Shocked that at his age he thinks he’ll have a better chance coming back to school rather than going overseas and starting a career.

But again, wherever he goes his coach needs to get him to play within himself and be a distributor. He shouldn’t take more than 2 3’s a game unless he hits them.

Cox did him a disservice letting him do whatever he wants and it cost both Fatts and the team in the end. But losing your “star” to the outside world, along with Rese leaving and succeeding, has to look bad to recruits. That seat better be warm and I hope Thorr is reaching out to the Pat Kelseys of the world so that this experiment can end next year.
3 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

Couldn't entering the transfer portal just mean he's keeping all of his options open? I still think he'd do well for himself going overseas.
0 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Blue Man wrote: 3 years ago
woodennickel1 wrote: 3 years ago Hurley may be a real good coach but if he takes Fatts off a guy who worked hard for him for years and is fighting for his head coaching life that's a weasel move. I actually like Hurley but will lose total respect for him if he takes Fatts.
Fatts was gone independent of Hurley wanting him or not.

Hurley “taking” him would’ve been something that happened immediately. Fatts playing a full 4 year career at URI is exactly that, a full career.

I agree with just about everyone who’s posted because it’s a complicated issue.

I will wish Fatts well. I think he lost us more games than he won. I think he could be great under a better coach. He gave everything he had to this program. He’s one of our “greats” and he gave me some amazing memories, but the kid is a 28% shooter who shot 6 3’s a game.

I agree that it’s odd to do the logo kiss TJ or EC style and then transfer out...even tho I understand his decision and don’t think it’s a bad one for him. Flex culture is a weird thing.

Shocked that at his age he thinks he’ll have a better chance coming back to school rather than going overseas and starting a career.

But again, wherever he goes his coach needs to get him to play within himself and be a distributor. He shouldn’t take more than 2 3’s a game unless he hits them.

Cox did him a disservice letting him do whatever he wants and it cost both Fatts and the team in the end. But losing your “star” to the outside world, along with Rese leaving and succeeding, has to look bad to recruits. That seat better be warm and I hope Thorr is reaching out to the Pat Kelseys of the world so that this experiment can end next year.
Blueman - I agree with your whole take except the looking bad to recruits. Most of these kids don’t expect to go somewhere and play 4 years. If Fatts goes on to play at a really strong P5 team that he would not have been recruited to our of high school that is weirdly not a bad thing. It’s when good players leave to go to similar level teams that it doesn’t look great.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Rhodyram wrote: 3 years ago Couldn't entering the transfer portal just mean he's keeping all of his options open? I still think he'd do well for himself going overseas.
That is exactly what he is doing, don't blame him at all.

We were preparing to move on from Fatts anyway, so this should make no difference to us.

I am more concerned about what our roster looks like next season and how our staff steps up their game, than where Fatts ends up.
4 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

I am a URI fan...the team...not players or coaches. If you go somewhere else you are now the enemy. When you are on the URI team I am your fan...when you are not and still could be, I am no longer your fan.
3 x
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

Unread post by KevanBoyles »

I think Hurley owes him after he recruited him and then jumped ship to Connecticut. Fatts was left in limbo with nowhere to go. I think Cox talked him off the ledge probably telling him he was going to be the centerpiece of the program and they would build around him. That would explain a lot of what happened over the last three years. If Hurley has room, he should offer it to Fatts. Whether Fatts will want to go there, I have no idea.
5 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

Blue Man wrote: 3 years ago Shocked that at his age he thinks he’ll have a better chance coming back to school rather than going overseas and starting a career.
This. This is the part I truly don't understand. He'll be 24 by the time he goes pro. Fatts is three months younger than Jayson Tatum.
2 x
wpbrown8267
Art Stephenson

Unread post by wpbrown8267 »

RIFan wrote: 3 years ago I am a URI fan...the team...not players or coaches. If you go somewhere else you are now the enemy. When you are on the URI team I am your fan...when you are not and still could be, I am no longer your fan.
haha so Fatts is ur enemy now after all that kid gave to the program...helluva fan

its been said before, he is not a great shooter, but the kid has heart...i guess you fall into the bucket of Fatts shit talking now?
3 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

KevanBoyles wrote: 3 years ago I think Hurley owes him after he recruited him and then jumped ship to Connecticut. Fatts was left in limbo with nowhere to go. I think Cox talked him off the ledge probably telling him he was going to be the centerpiece of the program and they would build around him. That would explain a lot of what happened over the last three years. If Hurley has room, he should offer it to Fatts. Whether Fatts will want to go there, I have no idea.
I disagree, Hurley did what was best for him and his family and that is what counts. Period

Players and coaches that decide to move on don't owe anything to anyone but themselves.

If they decide it is a good fit then fine, but Hurley shouldn't feel obligated to offer Fatts.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

RIFan wrote: 3 years ago I am a URI fan...the team...not players or coaches. If you go somewhere else you are now the enemy. When you are on the URI team I am your fan...when you are not and still could be, I am no longer your fan.
You tell em!

What a hardo.
2 x
Go Rhody
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Could you imagine Fatts kissing the logo and giving all the love and support to URI, then transferring to a school and potentially playing AGAINST URI and dropping 20 on us?? I slept on this, but it still smells, and I like the kid.
1 x
GO RAMS
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Lots of good comments here. This news is more damaging when viewed in the context of the bigger picture of URI basketball. Fatts wants another year to redeem himself, better position himself for a pro career, and to taste the fruits of being on a winning team with great prospects of making the NCAAT and his transfer announcement just confirms that he does not feel those goals will be met at URI or under Cox.

URI has named two to the head coaching job who did not have prior coaching experience - Jerry D and David Cox - both for similar reasons. With Jerry D it was an attempt to keep Lamar Odom; with Cox, the move was made to avoid him jumping to UConn and taking his prize recruits with him. At least the Jerry D error lasted only two years, but with Cox, we get a less devastating immediate experience, more like a death of a thousand cuts, but with the same net effect of a losing program and no NCAA. So assuming Fatts is correct, URI will not have a great season next year and Cox will see his fourth season with no NCAA appearance. And the news can only get worse in the aftermath of the Fatts move.
10 x
URI_05
ARD

Unread post by URI_05 »

Obadiah wrote: 3 years ago Lots of good comments here. This news is more damaging when viewed in the context of the bigger picture of URI basketball. Fatts wants another year to redeem himself, better position himself for a pro career, and to taste the fruits of being on a winning team with great prospects of making the NCAAT and his transfer announcement just confirms that he does not feel those goals will be met at URI or under Cox.

URI has named two to the head coaching job who did not have prior coaching experience - Jerry D and David Cox - both for similar reasons. With Jerry D it was an attempt to keep Lamar Odom; with Cox, the move was made to avoid him jumping to UConn and taking his prize recruits with him. At least the Jerry D error lasted only two years, but with Cox, we get a less devastating immediate experience, more like a death of a thousand cuts, but with the same net effect of a losing program and no NCAA. So assuming Fatts is correct, URI will not have a great season next year and Cox will see his fourth season with no NCAA appearance. And the news can only get worse in the aftermath of the Fatts move.
Exactly this. Fatts leaving says a lot more about Cox and his program than it does about Fatts.
7 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

wpbrown8267 wrote: 3 years ago
haha so Fatts is ur enemy now after all that kid gave to the program...helluva fan

its been said before, he is not a great shooter, but the kid has heart...i guess you fall into the bucket of Fatts shit talking now?
If he goes pro, no. If he goes to another college, Yes. if he goes to UConn...Hell YES! I understand there are reasons for leaving, but I'm a URI fan and want whats best for the program and having your top players leave doesnt help the program. You are either with us, or you are against us.

We can be all understanding and lovey dovey...and then lament how we can never seem to make it big. If we cant blame them for leaving, then why would we expect anyone to stay?! Have some pride!

You can be satisfied that we had hurt Fatts fight though this sub-par year, only to let someone else have healthy Fatts next year. Sound fair to you? His health was one of the main reasons this year sucked...he should heal up and go pro or come back and be the Cousy watch player he was supposed to be.
Last edited by RIFan 3 years ago, edited 8 times in total.
0 x
LIRAM
Kenny Green

Unread post by LIRAM »

All the Best Fatts! I hope you get what you are looking for and the best opportunity for a successful life/career. I could play for Dan Hurley/Uconn or another great Coach/Program or return to URI and play for Cox and a program trending down? Are you guys serious! That young man has given us so much and he truly cares about URI. I hope he ends up in a place where he will flourish and thrive. I will always root for that kid even if he ends up at UConn. Dan and his 'little savage' back at it! That would be quite the story.

Man I miss Dan Hurley!
5 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

URI_05 wrote: 3 years ago
Obadiah wrote: 3 years ago Lots of good comments here. This news is more damaging when viewed in the context of the bigger picture of URI basketball. Fatts wants another year to redeem himself, better position himself for a pro career, and to taste the fruits of being on a winning team with great prospects of making the NCAAT and his transfer announcement just confirms that he does not feel those goals will be met at URI or under Cox.

Exactly this. Fatts leaving says a lot more about Cox and his program than it does about Fatts.
Absolutely spot on. Another indictment of Cox and the program. The signs were there when Tyrese and Jacob left.

This should be a flashing red light to Thorr.
3 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

DC_Rams wrote: 3 years ago Good luck!

We all knew he was gone. He had been saying this was his last year here when he announced he was returning last year. No ill will, but I’ve felt he’s lost us more games than he’s won for us. Great kid and solid ball player, but him moving on was best for all parties involved.
You think he's lost more games for us than Cox has? LMAO!
5 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

I actually think this is a huge value add -- I get it stings when a guy says he's going elsewhere, but I said at this point last year that I was very down on Fatts and thought he was the type of player who could hijack a team on-the-court as I thought he had done in years prior based on his splits and ability to basically play without consequence. I think many times that can rub other guys the wrong way, especially those who seem to be on a shorter leash and do one thing wrong and hit the pine. Fatts was thought of to have AA potential at some points of his career which explains some of the longer leash, but getting rid of him should allow for better chemistry and for the HC to be able to build a team to his strengths and not have to worry about Fatts and if he is happy. It's fair to argue whether the HC should have done that in the first place, but it now gives a clean slate from which to build your identity.
3 x
rhodyblue12
ARD

Unread post by rhodyblue12 »

Agree 100%.
1 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

rjsuperfly66 wrote: 3 years ago I actually think this is a huge value add -- I get it stings when a guy says he's going elsewhere, but I said at this point last year that I was very down on Fatts and thought he was the type of player who could hijack a team on-the-court as I thought he had done in years prior based on his splits and ability to basically play without consequence. I think many times that can rub other guys the wrong way, especially those who seem to be on a shorter leash and do one thing wrong and hit the pine. Fatts was thought of to have AA potential at some points of his career which explains some of the longer leash, but getting rid of him should allow for better chemistry and for the HC to be able to build a team to his strengths and not have to worry about Fatts and if he is happy. It's fair to argue whether the HC should have done that in the first place, but it now gives a clean slate from which to build your identity.
SPOT THE FUCK ON!
2 x
Brian Forster
ARD

Unread post by Brian Forster »

Fatts has just gone thru motions last season and a 1/4
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

hahaha the new excuse! It was all Fatts fault!!!
5 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Gonebarongone »

rjsuperfly66 wrote: 3 years ago I actually think this is a huge value add -- I get it stings when a guy says he's going elsewhere, but I said at this point last year that I was very down on Fatts and thought he was the type of player who could hijack a team on-the-court as I thought he had done in years prior based on his splits and ability to basically play without consequence. I think many times that can rub other guys the wrong way, especially those who seem to be on a shorter leash and do one thing wrong and hit the pine. Fatts was thought of to have AA potential at some points of his career which explains some of the longer leash, but getting rid of him should allow for better chemistry and for the HC to be able to build a team to his strengths and not have to worry about Fatts and if he is happy. It's fair to argue whether the HC should have done that in the first place, but it now gives a clean slate from which to build your identity.
Correct. He just needs to be in the right spot of a rotation. Maybe UConn is it. But, if he wants to shoot 15 times/game at 35/25/85 or something like that, he might as well go to the Armenian 1st division and get paid for it. If he wants a chance of great tournament success or a special high major season, go be the first guy off the bench and eliminate what he is bad at and accentuate all of what can make him valuable.
4 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Billyboy78 wrote: 3 years ago
DC_Rams wrote: 3 years ago Good luck!

You think he's lost more games for us than Cox has? LMAO!
I think it's fair to say it's both. Fatts lost games for us because Cox allowed him to.

Fatts needed military school and he got summer camp.

Fatts under a Dan Hurley or a Tom Izzo would be 5x the player he was here under Dave Cox.

Fatts is an elite defender and passer. Elite free throw shooter. Plus creator. Minus decision maker. Minus shooter. He is an AWFUL shooter actually.

People keep talking about Fatts' injury like that held him back. Um...if he's injured then why is the coach playing him 40 mins a night? The year was such a clear bust by January and you knew we needed Fatts to lead this team healthy...why is he playing on a bum foot and with a hernia???? REST THE KID. The A-10 was so pedestrian that a 100% Fatts playing well could've made the dance simply by winning 4 games in Richmond and Dayton.

It's a larger concern of mine that Cox let Fatts decide what he was going to do and how he was going to play. It cost Jeff a potential draft pick. It cost us a potential NCAA bid, possibly two. It's cost us numerous games. Potentially cost us Rese and Toppin (who knows but they obviously weren't happy with something).

Who's the next guy that Cox puts above the team? What promises does he make to players that he feels he has to honor for recruiting purposes rather than coaching in a way that's best for the team?

Obviously we know Cox is here for another year (although the fact that Reiss has an extension and Cox does not is a little puzzling for me, would've expected we announced one by now, so maybe we're closer to out the door than not), but the continued revolving door of talent that comes here for one reason and leaves is incredibly worrying.

Thanks Fatts for giving us everything you had, you deserved better. That said, it's probably best for everyone he moves on, but still indicative of a problem with our program that he is going to come back for a 5th year of college play at 23 not in a URI uniform.
5 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL