Who’ Available- Who do we want (To replace DC)?

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Re: Who’ Available- Who do we want (To replace DC)?

Unread post by Jersey77 »

rambone 78 wrote: 3 years ago I think we came closer to hiring Pitino than many realize.

Rumor was, it got to Dooley who shot it down.
All rumors, but I somehow doubt Thorr was totally on board.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Doesn’t matter what happened back then right now we are stuck with David Cox
0 x
Rhody_NYCT
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Rhody_NYCT »

theblueram wrote: 3 years ago
RF1 wrote: 3 years ago
Running Ram wrote: 3 years ago I love all the drama about Slick.

So if URI hired Slick and we got a couple of A10 titles and a few NCAA births, RF1 and a few others would be watching championship curling on espn 17 instead? right.
You may choose to swim in the sewer but I most definitely will not. URI hoops would be dead to me if it ever hired Pitino. Thankfully that will never happen as it is just a foolish fantasy of a few people that have no real say in the matter.
Sean Miller might become available. People have said Preston Murphy might work. How about Harrick who we hired with a stain? Josh Pastner got another job. Stains? I don't think URI needs to be high and mighty on ethics. Especially in this state. Hire a coach who can win. End of story.
If you can hire Sean Miller...you will dance.
2 x
thatRamBand
Kenny Green

Unread post by thatRamBand »

Rhody_NYCT wrote: 3 years ago

You may choose to swim in the sewer but I most definitely will not. URI hoops would be dead to me if it ever hired Pitino. Thankfully that will never happen as it is just a foolish fantasy of a few people that have no real say in the matter.
Sean Miller might become available. People have said Preston Murphy might work. How about Harrick who we hired with a stain? Josh Pastner got another job. Stains? I don't think URI needs to be high and mighty on ethics. Especially in this state. Hire a coach who can win. End of story.
If you can hire Sean Miller...you will dance.
Dancing with sweaty Sean Miller sounds like a horrible experience
3 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Rhody15 wrote: 3 years ago
RhowdyRam02 wrote: 3 years ago
RF1 wrote: 3 years ago If Rick Pitino is ever hired to be head coach for URI, my following the program is over forever. Any school that would stoop so low would show it has ZERO integrity and would not merit any support.
Mine wouldn't be over forever but it would be over as long as Pitino was here and maybe as long as the AD and the President were as well. We've shown we can be successful without stooping to the likes of Pitino

I absolutely love these outlandish takes.

If Pitino had us in the NCAAs, Sweet 16, I guarantee that you’d be watching, as well as every single other person on this board.

Stop with the “I’m above and better than watching my school/favorite team because our coach had some past transgressions.”

Gimme a break.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

He gonna be loyal to Iona for at least a few years
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Running Ram wrote: 3 years ago I love all the drama about Slick.

So if URI hired Slick and we got a couple of A10 titles and a few NCAA births, RF1 and a few others would be watching championship curling on espn 17 instead? right.
There is a difference between hiring someone who had an ethical lapse or made a mistake or even got a bad rap and hiring a genuine piece of shit like Rick Pitino. Here’s a guy who is both constitutionally incapable of playing within the rules as a basketball coach and also has zero ethics or integrity as a human being. I could see myself becoming so desperate for success for URI that I’d be willing to compromise a little bit in one area or the other, but a guy like Pitino goes so far over the line in both respects that I just wouldn’t be able to stomach it as an alumni.

I can watch pro sports if I want to invest in mercenaries wearing the correct laundry (and I do!). I want my school to be about something beyond that.
6 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

To even compare Harrick and Murphy to Pitino is a joke in the first place
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Jersey77 wrote: 3 years ago
Rhody15 wrote: 3 years ago
RhowdyRam02 wrote: 3 years ago

Mine wouldn't be over forever but it would be over as long as Pitino was here and maybe as long as the AD and the President were as well. We've shown we can be successful without stooping to the likes of Pitino

I absolutely love these outlandish takes.

If Pitino had us in the NCAAs, Sweet 16, I guarantee that you’d be watching, as well as every single other person on this board.

Stop with the “I’m above and better than watching my school/favorite team because our coach had some past transgressions.”

Gimme a break.
Yeah, right.
0 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.