It Can Be Done...A Wild Tale of Optimism

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Re: It Can Be Done...A Wild Tale of Optimism

Unread post by ramster »

Look at #5 Seed UMASS for positivity

Now up 34-10. Shooting over 70% from 3 point land. TJ Weeks from Warwick RI
0 x
DevRam
Kenny Green

Unread post by DevRam »

Judgement Day.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

PeterRamTime wrote: 3 years ago
ramster wrote: 3 years ago The good news is that there is no #3 Ranked Dayton led by Obi Toppin - this A10 Tournament is wide open. There could be a very surprising winner of the A10 this season. Why not us?
If they are cold shooting we can beat them easy.
Cold shooting is usually a result of good defense, not giving up wide open shots and layups. Have we seen that lately?
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

I tried. I did.

I really thought if I put out some public rahrah posts that it would get me jazzed up.

If I’m being honest I faked it like a prostitute.

Thankfully I was never as invested as I tried to get myself to be.

Pathetic but I feel nothing.

For the first time since 2012 I feel no emotion, no connection to this program and I honestly could care less.

Years past I would be in a state of shock/depression/anger and would see the world in black and white without happiness for days.

Today I missed most of the first half because I went to get a new driver fitted.

It’s pathetic that this team has fallen to a point of irrelevance in my life that I’m just going to go on with my day as if this never happened.

Good riddance.
3 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Blue Man wrote: 3 years ago I tried. I did.

I really thought if I put out some public rahrah posts that it would get me jazzed up.

For the first time since 2012 I feel no emotion, no connection to this program and I honestly could care less.

Years past I would be in a state of shock/depression/anger and would see the world in black and white without happiness for days.

Today I missed most of the first half because I went to get a new driver fitted.

It’s pathetic that this team has fallen to a point of irrelevance in my life that I’m just going to go on with my day as if this never happened.

Good riddance.
I feel the same way. Normally I'd be pissed and heartbroken. I feel bad for Fatts for it to end this way and for the past 3 seasons of poor coaching he got. Other than that, I don't care. I don't know what it will take to bring me back in, but a lot of things would have to change. I think a lot of people feel this way. Take notice, Thorr.
4 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Good riddance.
You did try Blue I give you a lot of credit

We fought hard leading at times in the 1h and cutting a 9 point halftime lead to 1 in the 2h

Watson was on fire for them and they pulled away

Dayton minus the small spread was easy money
1 x
brady1
Art Stephenson

Unread post by brady1 »

ramster wrote: 3 years ago Look at #5 Seed UMASS for positivity

Now up 34-10. Shooting over 70% from 3 point land. TJ Weeks from Warwick RI
How much did this freakin URI team need Tyson Wheeler as an assistant.

GO RHODY!
0 x
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

ramster wrote: 3 years ago The good news is that there is no #3 Ranked Dayton led by Obi Toppin - this A10 Tournament is wide open. There could be a very surprising winner of the A10 this season. Why not us?
Another take that aged as well as my predicted upset of UMASS by St Joe’s.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

JimSidd wrote: 3 years ago
Another take that aged as well as my predicted upset of UMASS by St Joe’s.
I guess I can still go with there will be a surprising winner of the A10. :oops: :oops:
0 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

RhodyKyle wrote: 3 years ago I'll hop on this Titanic voyage with Blue Man. I'm ready to be hurt again.
Down with the ship I go.
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

This Titanic never left Southampton.
2 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Good riddance.
see you right back at it on opening night next season
2 x
Rhody_NYCT
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Rhody_NYCT »

Remember how excited we were for the season to start? And the opportunity to play Arizona St on ESPN. And all the games at Mohegan...man did that go up in smoke. Need to turn this around next year. No more excuses.
2 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Rhody_NYCT wrote: 3 years ago Remember how excited we were for the season to start? And the opportunity to play Arizona St on ESPN. And all the games at Mohegan...man did that go up in smoke. Need to turn this around next year. No more excuses.
Yes...that, ah...de-escalated quickly, didn't it?
1 x
Rhody_NYCT
Jimmy Baron

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 3 years ago
Rhody_NYCT wrote: 3 years ago Remember how excited we were for the season to start? And the opportunity to play Arizona St on ESPN. And all the games at Mohegan...man did that go up in smoke. Need to turn this around next year. No more excuses.
Like, within 2 weeks. Dreams were crushed.
0 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

Blue Man wrote: 3 years ago Years past I would be in a state of shock/depression/anger and would see the world in black and white without happiness for days.

Good riddance.
I listened to most of the game in the car... could have been home watching it if I wanted to be, but figured that was good enough. Can't remember the last time I did that.
2 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Rhody_NYCT wrote: 3 years ago
NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 3 years ago
Like, within 2 weeks. Dreams were crushed.
The Davidson game.
After Malik went on that tear and then Cox kept him on the bench it was the beginning of all the BS that was to come.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

It was a very up and down season until UMASS.
0 x
GO RAMS
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyhooopz »

ICEBERG RIGHT AHEAD.

I'll never let you go Fatts, I'll never let you go!

and with this the 2020-2021 Rams season is finally over. a very Titanic season. Will the Captain, David Cox, hop in the life raft like the cowardly captain of the Titanic or will he stay on board and try to take accountability?
0 x
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special" - Jim Valvano
Rhody_NYCT
Jimmy Baron

I thought the BC loss was a bad one at the time. If you are an A10 team with tourney hopes, you need that win. On 12/13 we lost to W.Kentucky...that was very telling.
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 3 years ago It was a very up and down season until UMASS.
.......for me it was downish after the first UMess game......we kept stuffing “canaries”deeper in the coal mine, expecting a different result......
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

All the signs were there late last season....

Even in the games we won earlier this season, we weren't consistently good.

Sorry, but I saw this coming....maybe injuries helped make it worse, but we would still have faltered.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

rambone 78 wrote: 3 years ago All the signs were there late last season....

Sorry, but I saw this coming....maybe injuries helped make it worse, but we would still have faltered.
Inability to keep Tyrese Martin and Jacob Toppin at URI hurt this season. The 5 transfers were not expected to be eligible, but even as all 5 were approved, they still could not fill the gap left behind by those 2 projected starters.
0 x
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

ramster wrote: 3 years ago
rambone 78 wrote: 3 years ago All the signs were there late last season....

Inability to keep Tyrese Martin and Jacob Toppin at URI hurt this season. The 5 transfers were not expected to be eligible, but even as all 5 were approved, they still could not fill the gap left behind by those 2 projected starters.
Come on Ramster. All of the transfers are better than those two. They area all better than the second coming of Jesus Christ. you didn't know that. I said it last year something stunk about those two leaving. But nooooo Cox got better players and we were going to win the national championship if they were eligible.

I am right back emtionally, to where I was with Baron, not going to go out of my way to watch or go to games as long as Cox is the coach. Enjoy the 3,500 or less and 1/2 a student section.
3 x
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special" - Jim Valvano
thatRamBand
Kenny Green

Unread post by thatRamBand »

Rhodyhooopz wrote: 3 years ago ICEBERG RIGHT AHEAD.

and with this the 2020-2021 Rams season is finally over. a very Titanic season. Will the Captain, David Cox, hop in the life raft like the cowardly captain of the Titanic or will he stay on board and try to take accountability?
...But Edward Smith went down with the ship. I won't take this Maritime history slander! /cs/
2 x
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

thatRamBand wrote: 3 years ago
Rhodyhooopz wrote: 3 years ago ICEBERG RIGHT AHEAD.

...But Edward Smith went down with the ship. I won't take this Maritime history slander! /cs/
Just go with it. dont let the truth get in the way.
0 x
class of 86
Michael Andersen

Unread post by class of 86 »

Anybody wanna guess how we would have been if the other Mitchell hadn't gotten injured?Gotta love how Cox went out and got the Arizona state game in the Wisconsin game and all those transfers?What if we had played and beaten fairly Dickinson and Radford instead and had 2 more wins on the schedule would everybody still be so glum?What if Cox goes out and gets another transfer or 5 year student who was a all-American someplace else and a sha rp shooter?We had a bunch of young players who had no chemistry and and defered too much to fatts rather than trying to develop themselves.Let's hope that Hoss get down his brother's ass and gives him a few tips on how to improve
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Good riddance.
What driver did you get?
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 3 years ago

Good riddance.
What driver did you get?
Yes I'm glad to see Blue Man has his priorities in order!!!
1 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Here’s some optimism. There’s always next season. I’m being half sarcastic because most* of this year sucked, but they’ll be back. We’ll have another shot to get this program right, and I’ll be at the Ryan Center with my 8$ beer. Go Rhody
2 x
GO RAMS
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Rhodymob05 wrote: 3 years ago Here’s some optimism. There’s always next season. I’m being half sarcastic because most* of this year sucked, but they’ll be back. We’ll have another shot to get this program right, and I’ll be at the Ryan Center with my 8$ beer. Go Rhody
Same. I still think we should coordinate a day and all call to see if we can roll over season tix to the next year.
I would still go to all the games, but my seats would probably be a lot cheaper....
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 3 years ago

Good riddance.
What driver did you get?
Hit the epic max best but still coming down too hard and dealing with a lot of back spin. Need to correct a few things before I spend the money. Old driver stays!
1 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

class of 86 wrote: 3 years ago Anybody wanna guess how we would have been if the other Mitchell hadn't gotten injured?Gotta love how Cox went out and got the Arizona state game in the Wisconsin game and all those transfers?What if we had played and beaten fairly Dickinson and Radford instead and had 2 more wins on the schedule would everybody still be so glum?What if Cox goes out and gets another transfer or 5 year student who was a all-American someplace else and a sha rp shooter?We had a bunch of young players who had no chemistry and and defered too much to fatts rather than trying to develop themselves.Let's hope that Hoss get down his brother's ass and gives him a few tips on how to improve
Anybody wanna guess how we would have been if the other Mitchell hadn't gotten injured? Under this coach maybe an extra win or two. Cox would have messed up the rotations for him, Makhel, and Walker. Jermaine Harris would still see the floor which would be insane when you have those three.

Gotta love how Cox went out and got the Arizona state game in the Wisconsin game and all those transfers? Everyone praised Cox for scheduling those games. We all thought they would prepare us for the A10. Instead, we ended up 10th...

What if we had played and beaten fairly Dickinson and Radford instead and had 2 more wins on the schedule would everybody still be so glum? Yes, our fanbase isn't stupid. We all know beating two weak teams means nothing. Don't forget that most of us witnessed Jim Baron do this all the time.

What if Cox goes out and gets another transfer or 5 year student who was an all-American someplace else and a sharp shooter? Let me get this straight. An All-American player that has the option to go anywhere in the country is going to decide to come to us? Sure, yes Cox would get plenty of credit for that.
5 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING