3/4 | Dayton | 3:30PM (NBCSN) | A10 2nd Round

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Re: 3/4 | Dayton | 3:30PM (NBCSN) | A10 2nd Round

Unread post by Blue Man »

section(105) wrote: 3 years ago ......please, no more Coach’s Shows.......until Fall......
Why not? Can't wait to hear hard hitting questions like "where's your favorite restaurant" and "do you like the color blue?"
10 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Shitshow. Can I defer my season tix again, cause next year is going to be a shitshow again.
0 x
Rhody78
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Rhody78 »

Goodbye Fatts finally I don't have to watch you over dribble, over shoot and take reckless defensive chances, ever again most overrated player I have seen since following URI starting in 1975. The problem with URI has been a very low overall team basketball IQ. I also think the team totally quit the last half of the year i.e. awful defense. That is on the coaches if your going to loose make sure they loose your way not their way!! Play and recruit to a culture if player dosen't fit it don't recruit or keep them!! There has to be consequences!!!
0 x
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

Amazing that a season has ended on March 4. Now the big question for me is does apathy set in among the fan base? That will start to be known around the time season ticket packages and mini packs start to get sold. The administration may luck out a bit, since fans will be starving to watch games in person after not being able to do so this year. On the other hand, I see many people opting to buy single game tickets here and there, rather than a package, given the prospects for this team next year as they look now.
0 x
Rhody_NYCT
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Rhody_NYCT »

We can all agree on one thing. This season has been one to forget.

Wishing Betrand well. Thank you Fatts! Come back Sheppard!
3 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Good riddance to Jermaine Harris, get the fuck off this team, hope u see the big picture and realize you’ll be buried on the bench next year, can no longer defend him showed some promise in some games his first two years not at all this year, goodbye
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

......start the poll......DC keep or not, two choices.....
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

eli#10 wrote: 3 years ago Any major college Basketball 101 classes this summer at URI?
BBL102 - How To Manage Timeouts
3 x
Mobley was fouled.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

We have about 5 players worth keeping, not that it matters.

Their talent will be wasted, again.
1 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Fatts is gone

Shep ain't coming back.

I'm furious and may sound like an asshole but I don't care.

David Cox needs to go! He's a great mentor and I respect him personally but he's not a good HEAD coach. It's that simple.

It's clear Dowtin, and Cyril masked how much Cox was in over his head. Cox still doesn't know when to call a timeout. Cox still doesn't know how to handle his rotations. Cox still doesn't know how to scout. Cox looks completely lost in games, and his comments post games are laughable.

If I'm Thorr, how the hell can you put the players and fanbase through another season like this? With a brand new cast of talented players, this was a perfect opportunity to see how good a coach we had. Under a decent coach, this team would have been peaking now. It was the complete opposite under Cox. I haven't noticed so many amateur coaching mistakes while following a college basketball team in my entire life. That includes Baron.

Poor Fatts and Shep. They deserve better.
10 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Well that was not a surprise. But then this whole season went into the toilet after La Salle. Do you realize we were actually 6-4? Then we went 4-11. Pathetic.

I'm gonna miss Fatts like crazy. He put his heart, soul and body into this team and program, played hurt pretty much all season but never made excuses. I can't wait to see him start his post-URI career.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

But at least Cox didn't give Fatts any advice on this game. This clown needs to go.
1 x
URI'21
Kenny Green

Unread post by URI'21 »

emBARONssing
2 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

There's one positive to this season. Whatever the one game is that I decide to go to next year, I should be able to get REALLY good seats.
3 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

RI_Bred wrote: 3 years ago
eli#10 wrote: 3 years ago Any major college Basketball 101 classes this summer at URI?
BBL102 - How To Manage Timeouts
.......sure, taught by a series of guest clinicians........the assistant coaches......
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhody22
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Rhody22 »

Blue Man wrote: 3 years ago Anyone been keeping track of how many “career highs” happen against this team?

I’ve mentioned that before and am pretty sure there was a record breaking performance by an opponent vs URI each of the last 10 games at least...
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

eli#10 wrote: 3 years ago Who is supposed to be guarding Watson?
Holmes?
2 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

PeterRamTime wrote: 3 years ago Here's another thing... why isn't DJ in the game? The second best 3pt shooter on the team when you're training late???
"baked into the script"?
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

rhodyrudder wrote: 3 years ago
section(105) wrote: 3 years ago .......bus driver lookin for his keys.......and punching in the hotel address on the GPS......
airport...
bags pre-packed?
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

rambone 78 wrote: 3 years ago Going to be a fun offseason....if you like pulling your toenails out of your ass that is......
good one! (but...dude...how on earth did they get THERE?)
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

I think we are driving ourselves crazy here.....the season is over......

Time to move on.....hope for some good news instead of bad.....that's all we got.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

theblueram wrote: 3 years ago Shitshow. Can I defer my season tix again, cause next year is going to be a shitshow again.
Too funny...I was pondering the same thing. There's going to be plenty of seats as good as mine next year, available for a lot less...will probably be able to sit in the student section all year for $10 a game?
0 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

Any way you slice it, 10-15 is a disaster of a season. I watched 24 of the 25 games. Glutton for punishment I guess. See you at the Ryan Center next year!
3 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Dino611 wrote: 3 years ago Good riddance to Jermaine Harris, get the fuck off this team, hope u see the big picture and realize you’ll be buried on the bench next year, can no longer defend him showed some promise in some games his first two years not at all this year, goodbye
Seems he'd have as much, if not the most, likelihood of returning...
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Dino611 wrote: 3 years ago Good riddance to Jermaine Harris, get the fuck off this team, hope u see the big picture and realize you’ll be buried on the bench next year, can no longer defend him showed some promise in some games his first two years not at all this year, goodbye
...are we long lost brothers?

Preach!

Finally some of you people are seeing what I saw about 2 months into his freshman year.
1 x
Go Rhody
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

Rhody78 wrote: 3 years ago Goodbye Fatts finally I don't have to watch you over dribble, over shoot and take reckless defensive chances, ever again most overrated player I have seen since following URI starting in 1975. The problem with URI has been a very low overall team basketball IQ. I also think the team totally quit the last half of the year i.e. awful defense. That is on the coaches if your going to loose make sure they loose your way not their way!! Play and recruit to a culture if player dosen't fit it don't recruit or keep them!! There has to be consequences!!!
Fatts is an absolutely perfect 20 min a game energy guy - he would have had that role on a top 25 team and been a fan favorite. Just doesn’t have the shooting touch to be a 35 min top guard, and I love the kid to death.
3 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Martin grew on me. Looking forward to seeing him next season.

4 x
GO RAMS
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

We will always be Rhody nation.....hopefully we won't lose too many to transfer....whether Cox stays or goes.....but boy we need help.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 3 years ago Martin grew on me. Looking forward to seeing him next season.

Definitely got more comfortable and played better towards the end of conference play.
1 x
Go Rhody
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Rhody15 wrote: 3 years ago
Rhodymob05 wrote: 3 years ago Martin grew on me. Looking forward to seeing him next season.

Definitely got more comfortable and played better towards the end of conference play.
Good coaching. #49winsin3years
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Sounds like Fatts played thru a broken wrist.

Absolute warrior and legend.
5 x
Go Rhody
NC_Ram
Steve Chubin

Unread post by NC_Ram »

Looks like a lot of the A10 bottom dwellers are going to be much, much better next year. Umass, GW, Duq.

Unfortunately, we may be looking at the "salad years" for the foreseeable future.
1 x
Rhody_NYCT
Jimmy Baron

Does Tre Mitchell go pro?
1 x
Rhody_NYCT
Jimmy Baron

Looks like he's not projected in the draft. Never mind.
0 x
Rhody_NYCT
Jimmy Baron

Looking at some mock drafts...crazy how far Terrence Clarke has dropped. Mid to late 2nd Round. That's a shame. Hopefully he can get healthy and turn things around.
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

I didn't get a chance to see the game. To be honest, work has been so crazy busy, I forgot about the game until about 4:30, then checked the score and Bill Koch's twitter to see his comment about how URI allowed an 8-0 run in the last min of the half. Basically a microcosm of the season. I'm so disappointed and ready to be done for the year even of you all and the team isn't. I've had enough. At some point I'll regroup and be excited for next season. But tonight I'm tired, it's been a long day. I'll watch this mess over the weekend and b*tch anew. Until then.
1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

Rhody_NYCT wrote: 3 years ago Does Tre Mitchell go pro?
I highly doubt it. He has plenty to work on in his game before being in a position to be drafted.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

ramster wrote: 3 years ago In his 1st 6 games for URI Betrand hit (10-21) 3FGs. He can shoot it, today is a great day for him to display his shooting touch. Good breakout game for Betrand and Martin!!
GO RHODY!!
Martin and Betrand played up to and exceeded expectations.

Martin 36 minutes, 7-11 FG, 3-6 on 3PFG, 0-2 FT, 2 rebounds, 1 TO, 1 Block to lead team with 17 points. Solid defense throughout the game

Betrand 14 minutes, 4-5 FG, 2-3 on 3PFG, 1 TO, 1 Block, 10 points

Betrand was really playing well when he suffered the unfortunate knee injury.

Kudos to both of these players for more than adequately filling the slot from the Sheppard injury.

They will be key players on next season's team
0 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

ramster wrote: 3 years ago
ramster wrote: 3 years ago In his 1st 6 games for URI Betrand hit (10-21) 3FGs. He can shoot it, today is a great day for him to display his shooting touch. Good breakout game for Betrand and Martin!!
GO RHODY!!
Martin and Betrand played up to and exceeded expectations.

Martin 36 minutes, 7-11 FG, 3-6 on 3PFG, 0-2 FT, 2 rebounds, 1 TO, 1 Block to lead team with 17 points. Solid defense throughout the game

Betrand 14 minutes, 4-5 FG, 2-3 on 3PFG, 1 TO, 1 Block, 10 points

Betrand was really playing well when he suffered the unfortunate knee injury.

Kudos to both of these players for more than adequately filling the slot from the Sheppard injury.

They will be key players on next season's team
I agree. Betrand disappointed this year but it is so tough to make an impact year 1 as a transfer. Martin also didn't come close to expectations until the end of the season. I expect these guys, Makhel and Antoine to anchor the team next year. I hate losing to Dayton, but that is a team led by 3 senior guards who have been in the system for several years. They are one of the 3 teams I wanted to avoid in the A10 tournament if at all possible and we drew them on day one. Just par for the course this season.

I will be rooting for Dayton from here out. I think those guys got screwed last year due to covid and Ibi, Jalen and Chatman deserve a chance to play in the tournament (and then all leave next year please!).
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

RF1 wrote: 3 years ago
DigB wrote: 3 years ago Announcers said Cox had most wins over 3 years. True?
For some perspective. Cox will be 49-39 for his first three seasons. Harrick was 45-22 and Penders was 48-17 in their two season careers at URI.
In much harder versions of the Atlantic 10
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

JimSidd wrote: 3 years ago Amazing that a season has ended on March 4. Now the big question for me is does apathy set in among the fan base? That will start to be known around the time season ticket packages and mini packs start to get sold. The administration may luck out a bit, since fans will be starving to watch games in person after not being able to do so this year. On the other hand, I see many people opting to buy single game tickets here and there, rather than a package, given the prospects for this team next year as they look now.
If Cox is head coach I won't go to a single game. I'll spend my time and money on the women's program
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Attendance going to take a hit for sure when fans come back
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

reef wrote: 3 years ago Attendance going to take a hit for sure when fans come back
we'll be there, win or lose
(Have I mentioned the idea of a potential 'nother rollover year?)
2 x
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

theblueram wrote: 3 years ago Betrand just tore his ACL.
Apparently, Betrand recently posted that he tore his ACL and two other ligaments. No surprise to anyone who saw the play.
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 3 years ago
JimSidd wrote: 3 years ago Amazing that a season has ended on March 4. Now the big question for me is does apathy set in among the fan base? That will start to be known around the time season ticket packages and mini packs start to get sold. The administration may luck out a bit, since fans will be starving to watch games in person after not being able to do so this year. On the other hand, I see many people opting to buy single game tickets here and there, rather than a package, given the prospects for this team next year as they look now.
If Cox is head coach I won't go to a single game. I'll spend my time and money on the women's program
.......assuming DC is back, I have settled into that he will, some apathy has already settled in some fans that have become num as the season circled the drain.......I have moved into a don’t care mind set as to next season, transfers in/out, assistant coaches, schedule, etc......will keep season tickets, give some away, watch and listen to games with a ho-hum attitude.......URI program is headed for just being another mid pack A-10, nothing special, no national buzz......looking forward to a more normal summer in RI.......my bad attitude and others of similar thought should be a wake up call for campus decision makers......out
2 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Yeah Thorr needs to get used to less money from NCAA appearances, coming soon.

The sooner he realizes he made a mistake hiring Cox, the better.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

section(105) wrote: 3 years ago
RhowdyRam02 wrote: 3 years ago
.......assuming DC is back, I have settled into that he will, some apathy has already settled in some fans that have become num as the season circled the drain.......I have moved into a don’t care mind set as to next season, transfers in/out, assistant coaches, schedule, etc......will keep season tickets, give some away, watch and listen to games with a ho-hum attitude.......URI program is headed for just being another mid pack A-10, nothing special, no national buzz......looking forward to a more normal summer in RI.......my bad attitude and others of similar thought should be a wake up call for campus decision makers......out
Mid pack A10? - pretty optimistic my guess
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

JimSidd wrote: 3 years ago
theblueram wrote: 3 years ago Betrand just tore his ACL.
Apparently, Betrand recently posted that he tore his ACL and two other ligaments. No surprise to anyone who saw the play.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Sucks for AB really feel for the kid
1 x
PCFriars
Jeff Kent

Unread post by PCFriars »

This sucks. Really feel for the kid. Best wishes to him.
1 x