Game # 24: Rams at Duquesne, Sat 2/27 7pm ESPN+

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
URI_05
ARD

Re: Game # 24: Rams at Duquesne, Sat 2/27 7pm ESPN+

Unread post by URI_05 »

PeteRI wrote: 3 years ago
Roz wrote: 3 years ago

You're absolutely right. Bertrand was on fire all night, just as he's been all season. Fatts has only been our leading scorer for the last 2 years. Clearly he stinks. You on the other hand are a genius.
We can disagree without you being a dick. Wide open shot versus a forced shot where it didnt even seem he was planning on it going in. Who is the genius?
With fans like you we deserve the season we just had.
So "fans" are supposed to be blind and not give a shit that we suck?
1 x
Roz
ARD

Unread post by Roz »

bigappleram wrote: 3 years ago I thought this teams ceiling was 4th in A10 and the floor was 8th. We crashed right through the floor. A completely disappointing season. We played better the first 10 games (against better comp) than the last 10. Not a good sign.
Not this game, but how many close games have we lost? I hate to be eternally optimistic, but we look really good at times and I think we can be good next year. I realize I will get killed on this negative forum. Dumb mistakes at crucial times has killed us.
1 x
URI_05
ARD

Unread post by URI_05 »

bigappleram wrote: 3 years ago I thought this teams ceiling was 4th in A10 and the floor was 8th. We crashed right through the floor. A completely disappointing season. We played better the first 10 games (against better comp) than the last 10. Not a good sign.
Not this game, but how many close games have we lost? I hate to be eternally optimistic, but we look really good at times and I think we can be good next year. I realize I will get killed on this negative forum. Dumb mistakes at crucial times has killed us.
How many games did you actually watch this year? I watched them all. There's 0.0% chance this team is better next year without Fatts and Shep.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

theblueram wrote: 3 years ago
steveystuds06 wrote: 3 years ago

Looks like Fatts didn't show up either. 38% fg and 16% from 3.
Fatts drives me nuts sometimes but he was the only reason we didn't lose by 20+
Gives you a warm and fuzzy about next year, doesn't it?
I just want to go to bars like reg'lar and see live music....that'll be a start in that direction
3 x
brady1
Art Stephenson

Unread post by brady1 »

phipsiGD'11 wrote: 3 years ago How is this the same team that beat VCU, Bonnies, and Seton Hall?
Because there is actually talent there. Fly in Pitino! Watch what Vegas think our odds are to win the A10. It’s F’n comical!

GO RHODY!
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I think it’s hard to say , I would like to see what the roster looks like most likely Fatts Shep gone and who else transfers in and out , I am currently pessimistic about our future though
0 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

The team just looks lost on the floor. Lost as a team and with no one steering the ship. It's really ugly. Dumb mistakes at crucial times is the way they play ALL THE TIME. It's not just here and there. Zero consistency with any aspect of the game. Cox in over his head.

At the VERY LEAST they should be playing tough D all the time even when the offense is not there. That's what Hurley has going on at UConn right now, and guess what, their offense is coming around. Just like Hurley did here at URI. But he's not walking through that door.
2 x
Mobley was fouled.
Roz
ARD

Unread post by Roz »

You're absolutely right. Bertrand was on fire all night, just as he's been all season. Fatts has only been our leading scorer for the last 2 years. Clearly he stinks. You on the other hand are a genius.
We can disagree without you being a dick. Wide open shot versus a forced shot where it didnt even seem he was planning on it going in. Who is the genius?
With fans like you we deserve the season we just had.
What I see is a bunch of guys that have talent individually, but have not come together as a team. I had high hopes and the season started well, but see the results and want better like everyone else here.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

JimSidd wrote: 3 years ago
Rhody15 wrote: 3 years ago

Looks like Fatts didn't show up either. 38% fg and 16% from 3.

He had 27 and led the team in assists.

I absolutely love that people only harp on his %s.

Guy gets more hate than any of the other stiffs on this team.

That bum Harris has been defended more than Fatts and Harris wouldn’t play 20 minutes a game at Bryant.
I wouldn’t use Bryant in any dig on Harris. Bryant is better than Rhody right now.
Oh wasn’t a dig at Bryant at all.
0 x
Go Rhody
brady1
Art Stephenson

Unread post by brady1 »

brady1 wrote: 3 years ago
phipsiGD'11 wrote: 3 years ago How is this the same team that beat VCU, Bonnies, and Seton Hall?
Because there is actually talent there. Fly in Pitino! Watch what Vegas thinks our odds are to win the A10. It’s F’n comical!

GO RHODY!
0 x
Roz
ARD

Unread post by Roz »

JimSidd wrote: 3 years ago

He had 27 and led the team in assists.

I absolutely love that people only harp on his %s.

Guy gets more hate than any of the other stiffs on this team.

That bum Harris has been defended more than Fatts and Harris wouldn’t play 20 minutes a game at Bryant.
I wouldn’t use Bryant in any dig on Harris. Bryant is better than Rhody right now.
Oh wasn’t a dig at Bryant at all.
They def have a better shot at the tourney...went to both but my heart is more with URI being undergrad. More fun less focus.
0 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

Rhody15 couldn’t pass up a shot at Harris, could he? I think this program has many more significant problems than Harris. Get over your obsessive hate of this kid. It’s getting old and tired.
5 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

How bad was our D tonight?

Duquesne shot 53.4% and averaged 1.25 points/possession -- both season worsts for URI.
0 x
brady1
Art Stephenson

Unread post by brady1 »

LoveThoseRams wrote: 3 years ago Rhody15 couldn’t pass up a shot at Harris, could he? I think this program has many more significant problems than Harris. Get over your obsessive hate of this kid. It’s getting old and tired.
The pc guy Pc15 wants Harris to leave. Go figure.

GO RHODY!
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

LoveThoseRams wrote: 3 years ago Rhody15 couldn’t pass up a shot at Harris, could he? I think this program has many more significant problems than Harris. Get over your obsessive hate of this kid. It’s getting old and tired.
So is everyone’s hatred towards Fatts when he’s clearly the best player on the team / a legend.
2 x
Go Rhody
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

I believe URI also gave up yet another season/career(?) high in points to an opposing player tonight?

Seems like that's been a thing this year too. And not a good thing.
1 x
Mobley was fouled.
Ramtastico
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Ramtastico »

I am officially fed up with coach Cox, but I am appalled at our group of "assistant" coaches. At least one of them has an excuse for looking like a vegetable; what do the others do? From the way they sit on the bench scratching their asses it is obvious no one has the scout. I know John is on disability, but why the fuck do we waste money flying him to away games? Cox had a chance to bring an older ex HC on to help, but we dipped into the discount bin on this group. If it is a budget issue, cut out one position/salary and redistribute it to the others, we surely could do without one of these clowns.
I'm also sick of watching stiffs have career highs every game against us and we let them do it from the tip off to the end. That is directly on the coaches and their inability to make adjustments. Shit can the whole bunch.
4 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

I forgot they were even playing. I thought the season ended 12-14 games ago? Season can’t come to an end quick enough. I got to the point I don’t even get mad when they lose now. The games are so meaningless. The future doesn’t look great for next year
0 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

Call me crazy by why were Leggett and Walker seated for the last 5 minutes...Carey and Bertrand were put in when we had a chance, albeit minimal, to pull it together???
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Rhody15 wrote: 3 years ago I wonder if Cox and the team knows Baker is the only outside shooting threat?
I'm not sure if they knew he was playing.
3 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

LoveThoseRams wrote: 3 years ago Call me crazy by why were Leggett and Walker seated for the last 5 minutes...Carey and Bertrand were put in when we had a chance, albeit minimal, to pull it together???
You're crazy!

Who doesn't bench two starters over two bench players having terrible seasons?

C'mon man!
3 x
Mobley was fouled.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

phipsiGD'11 wrote: 3 years ago I wish I had something better to do on a Friday night.

Idk what that says about me.
Especially since today is Saturday :lol:
3 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Best part about this season>? Free tix for next season.
2 x
brady1
Art Stephenson

Unread post by brady1 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 3 years ago
phipsiGD'11 wrote: 3 years ago I wish I had something better to do on a Friday night.

Idk what that says about me.
Especially since today is Saturday :lol:
Finally smiled since 7 pm! CHEERS!

GO RHODY!
1 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

One more game and this horrible season and sorry edition of Rams will thankfully be in the past.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

I used to get so pissed when we'd lose. Now I don't care. I think that's worse.
4 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Billyboy78 wrote: 3 years ago I used to get so pissed when we'd lose. Now I don't care. I think that's worse.
It's hard to stay pissed for that long.
1 x
Mobley was fouled.
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

I feel for anyone still angry.

Laugh. This is hilarious. Find the humor in it now.

Anything can happen in the tournament, still could do it. If we lose, burn it down start over. For now, this is hilarious.
3 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
brady1
Art Stephenson

Unread post by brady1 »

RI_Bred wrote: 3 years ago
Billyboy78 wrote: 3 years ago I used to get so pissed when we'd lose. Now I don't care. I think that's worse.
It's hard to stay pissed for that long.
Same here! Yep indifference is terrible thing. Thanks Dooley and Thorr!

GO RHODY!
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

GO RHODY!
Harris had the best +/- with +6,
Martin was +3

All rest were negative

0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

LoveThoseRams wrote: 3 years ago Call me crazy by why were Leggett and Walker seated for the last 5 minutes...Carey and Bertrand were put in when we had a chance, albeit minimal, to pull it together???
You're crazy!

C'mon man!
Walker was -23
Leggett was -12

Cox is pointing out the defense as a weakness tonight

Harris was +6 and Martin +3 as the only players without negative numbers.
EC1A9D42-D347-4AC3-BD68-A4D45E8D5C4B.png
0 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

Roz wrote: 3 years ago This is not a defensive issue tonight. They are on fire.
Mostly open shots. Our d is total lack of effort
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Never seen a player regress more then Harris. Is he injured? Looks like he’s completely lost, or restricted.
1 x
GO RAMS
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

ramster wrote: 3 years ago
You're crazy!

C'mon man!
Walker was -23
Leggett was -12

Cox is pointing out the defense as a weakness tonight

Harris was +6 and Martin +3 as the only players without negative numbers.

EC1A9D42-D347-4AC3-BD68-A4D45E8D5C4B.png
So if everyone was negative out of the four (Leggett, Walker, Carey <0>, and Betrand), why would you not stick with your starters in the crucial late game minutes in the hopes they could provide more than your bench players that really should be the last two coming off the bench this season?

It's really a rhetorical question at this point, who cares?
2 x
Mobley was fouled.
brady1
Art Stephenson

Unread post by brady1 »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 3 years ago Never seen a player regress more then Harris. Is he injured? Looks like he’s completely lost, or restricted.
Your serious right. Look at the whole F’n team!

GO RHODY!
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

luke wrote: 3 years ago This team is terrible right now . If I had to bet any URI games I would have to bet on any of the 13 teams against URI at this point . I haven't seen a team lately that looks as bad as they do. I can't watch anymore of this game, it is too painful to witness . Thankfully baseball spring training games are back starting tomorrow . I don't think I will even watch the A 10 tournament unles I decide to watch Dayton and they are no great shakes now either .
I am so diappointed by tonight's performance . It looks as though their heart isn't in it . Can anybody play defense ? Can anybody shoot a basketball?
How about finishing a lay up ? Is anybody on this team capable of that ? I don't see it . Will next season be any better? God, I have to hope so because I
can't take this anymore.
Luke
I suggest you watch URI - VCU tomorrow, Sunday, on ESPN+ at 1pm from the Ryan Center

Both teams are (10-4) and fighting over 4th place.

Last game of the regular season

They are playing strong defense, passing well and unselfishly, shooting well and playing with confidence and enthusiasm.

UMASS plays Richmond at the Ryan Center at 4:30pm
8CBF31F1-BFD1-4BFA-892A-B9AC6CBAF397.png
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 3 years ago Never seen a player regress more then Harris. Is he injured? Looks like he’s completely lost, or restricted.
Your serious right. Look at the whole F’n team!

GO RHODY!
Harris had the best +/-with a +6 so not the game to trash Harris - he filled in for Mitchell who picked up fouls quickly tonight. Only Martin at +3 was positive
Walker was -23, Leggett -12.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Harris- 0 points, 0 assists, 3 rebounds. In 18 min. That’s awful.
1 x
GO RAMS
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 3 years ago Harris- 0 points, 0 assists, 3 rebounds. In 18 min. That’s awful.
Martin played 29 minutes with zero turnovers.
Harris played 18 minutes with zero turnovers.
Harris was +6, Martin was +3. When they were on the floor for 47 combined minutes they had zero TOs. Team had a very low 8 TOs which has been a major problem.
Tonight it was the defense. Harris and Martin with +6 and +3 were on the floor when we were beating Duquesne.

The defense was really bad tonight. Cox is absolutely right that the defense was bad. Walker was -23, Leggett -12 which is likely why Cox had them on the bench at the end of the game.

Cox said they will review the defensive lapses on the film - there will be a lot of missed assignments to watch. The guards were not good defensively as Duquesne guards seemed to have open paths to the hoop frequently.

Harris was not great, you can say awful, but there were a number of players who played awful defense tonight - you just don't see that in the stat sheets - but rewatch the game and watch our guards play defense tonight. Not pretty.
1 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

ramster wrote: 3 years ago

GO RHODY!
Harris had the best +/- with +6,
Martin was +3

All rest were negative

I’m as big of a Walker fan as there is, but Weathers beat him up and stole his lunch money tonight.
1 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

True about Harris and what’s not on the stat sheet, but no production hurts. Most of this team is in the same position.
0 x
GO RAMS
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

I'm stealing this thought from someone, maybe it was said on here, but it looks like Cox has lost confidence in his own abilities and it has trickled down to the team.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 3 years ago True about Harris and what’s not on the stat sheet, but no production hurts. Most of this team is in the same position.
Mitchell had a rough night playing only 12 minutes, only 4 rebounds and picked up 4 fouls. He will need to stay out of foul trouble in the A10 Tournament - Harris is his backup.

Not in the scorebook but Harris threw the pass to Betrand coming in along the baseline from the right corner for that ferocious dunk - best offensive move I've seen from Betrand to date. Harris didn't get credit for the assist but I thought it should have been an assist.

Tavian Martin-Dunn played 39 minutes and seemed like he could dribble, drive wherever he wanted. Similar to last game when James Bishop went off for 28 points in 38 minutes, it looks to me like Fatts might still be hurt physically. He is not playing step by step, quick footed defense like he has in the past. His man seems to be beating him to the hoop and Fatts seems to be laying back some - looks like he is either favoring the injuries or he is concerned he might re-injure previous issues. I'm sure Cox knows the situation. Cox may be telling Fatts to layback some because he knows he is vital to any success we hope to have in the A10 Tournament - our only chance for an NCAA Autobid. Cox pulled Walker and Leggett because of defense tonight. He said they would be reviewing film of this game and previous games - with focus on defense.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Malik played a good game tonight probably 2nd best to Fatts he busted out there and had 10 and 6
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

We are 24 games in, and it looks like the players just met each other for the first time, when it comes to playing defense.

Review the film my ass. They've had ALL SEASON to do that, and it's gotten worse and worse.

I've had it 100% with Cox's excuses. He needs to go yesterday.

The problem is, we are most likely going to have to put up with another year of this shit.

Who knows how many new players Cox will have to bring in....AGAIN......it won't matter.
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

SmartyBarrett wrote: 3 years ago
I'm stealing this thought from someone, maybe it was said on here, but it looks like Cox has lost confidence in his own abilities and it has trickled down to the team.
........and this is why I thinks he walks away......
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 3 years ago
steveystuds06 wrote: 3 years ago

Fatts drives me nuts sometimes but he was the only reason we didn't lose by 20+
Gives you a warm and fuzzy about next year, doesn't it?
I just want to go to bars like reg'lar and see live music....that'll be a start in that direction
Homer Simpson had a voice he would use when mentioning things he liked...slower in tempo and kind of dreamy..."Spriiinnnkles!!!"

Me just now reading your post 208: Muuuuussssic!!!

Of course you could also say things like, "Coooooaaccchhhhhing."
1 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

Ramtastico wrote: 3 years ago I am officially fed up with coach Cox, but I am appalled at our group of "assistant" coaches. At least one of them has an excuse for looking like a vegetable; what do the others do? From the way they sit on the bench scratching their asses it is obvious no one has the scout. I know John is on disability, but why the fuck do we waste money flying him to away games? Cox had a chance to bring an older ex HC on to help, but we dipped into the discount bin on this group. If it is a budget issue, cut out one position/salary and redistribute it to the others, we surely could do without one of these clowns.
I'm also sick of watching stiffs have career highs every game against us and we let them do it from the tip off to the end. That is directly on the coaches and their inability to make adjustments. Shit can the whole bunch.
That highlighted line was dark as hell but I'd be lying if I said it didn't make me laugh.
0 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

That was when they are scheduled to sit.
4 x
OrangeRam
Abdul Fox

Unread post by OrangeRam »

The sluggish defense, poor shooting. Where's the enthusiasm, the energy? Best 1 thru 10 talent I have seen at URI, wasted.
It's like the coach has quit, where's the fire?

I do want to thank Fatts for all his effort and hustle. Ain't over yet Fatts, you guys CAN beat anyone in the A 10.
5 x