Game #22, Senior Night: Rams v Dayton Flyers, Tuesday Feb 16, 7pm CBSSN

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Re: Game #22, Senior Night: Rams v Dayton Flyers, Tuesday Feb 16, 7pm CBSSN

Unread post by ramster »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 3 years ago
Rhody15 wrote: 3 years ago
ramster wrote: 3 years ago

It's a shame that they couldn't sit immediate family members of the Team, Band, Ramette's, Staff, etc in the Ryan Center even if just for today's game.
Sit families (they would be together at home anyway) together in the Ryan Center spaced far away from the team and from one another.

Families could cheer and take pictures.

People are back to work, restaurants have people eating in them, malls have traffic, stores are open.

The State could give vaccine to the parents of the players, parents of the cheerleaders and band members. Rhode Island leads the nation in percent of their vaccine NOT given yet. These would be great arms to put the vaccine into and nobody needs to know - or course it would have needed to have happened already. For that matter, give vaccine all of the College Basketball Players and Coaches.

Big big yikes on this vaccine comment.
Agreed. We shouldn't be giving vaccines so people can be fans in stands as part of the criteria. This ignores the fact that many that would be taking part in festivities would be coming from out of state and Ri definitely shouldn't be giving vaccines to out of staters before Riers
It’s a crying shame that Rhode Island is the absolute worst state in Vaccine.
A disgrace.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Worst state and then being the only state not to expand yet to older residents.
Who is in charge? :roll: :roll: :roll:

But while every state should be prioritizing its own residents, Dr. Toomey said, the collective goal is for as many people to be vaccinated as possible. Rhode Island is the only state that has yet to expand its eligibility to older members of the public.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytime ... s.amp.html
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 3 years ago Regarding the vaccine, we are ranked #50 in almost every category.
That would also mean giving to Bryant and PC.

Absolute nonstarter to think our team and others should skip the line and get the vaccine over others in the state.
We are ranked #50 by Harvard University!
Half the RI vaccine is not in arms.
But we spend more time thinking about how to do it than doing it.

Yea let’s give vaccines to people who live out of RI, makes total sense.

Good lord man.
0 x
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

That would also mean giving to Bryant and PC.

Absolute nonstarter to think our team and others should skip the line and get the vaccine over others in the state.
We are ranked #50 by Harvard University!
Half the RI vaccine is not in arms.
But we spend more time thinking about how to do it than doing it.

Yea let’s give vaccines to people who live out of RI, makes total sense.

Good lord man.
Read the article. Many states vaccinating and not worrying about where the person is from. They don’t care. Florida has been vaccinating regardless of state since vaccinating started.

Rhode Island has a nice supply of vaccine in storage - Lot of good that’s doing. But a #50 ranking???? Horrible and embarrassing for the state.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Would be cool if this thread could be about the game and Senior Night instead of another place to hear everyone's shitty covid and vaccine takes.
Last edited by adam914 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
4 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

The subject came up because the parents of players will not be able to attend. A shame, especially in many arenas in other states families will be able to attend Senior Night.

Nice that Bill Koch and other local reporters are allowed in but Fatt Russell's mother is not. Let that soak in.

Back to the game
2 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

ramster wrote: 3 years ago The subject came up because the parents of players will not be able to attend. A shame, especially in many arenas in other states families will be able to attend Senior Night.

Nice that Bill Koch and other local reporters are allowed in but Fatt Russell's mother is not. Let that soak in.

Back to the game
Well bars are open so they can all go to a bar, hang out and watch the game lol. Who are these people and who put them in charge?
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

adam914 wrote: 3 years ago Love you Fatts! The longest and loudest standing ovation tonight will be coming from my living room. Go out there tonight and put up 50 shots if you feel like it!
I'll be right there with you!!
1 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

adam914 wrote: 3 years ago Love you Fatts! The longest and loudest standing ovation tonight will be coming from my living room. Go out there tonight and put up 50 shots if you feel like it!
I really wish that URI MBB/URI had thought of something to do for Senior Night that involved fans. I dont mean to have fans in attendance, but they could have done something special, like fans recording messages or a huge Zoom to show the seniors that we appreciated them...but especially for Fatts, who despite this year, has been a "warrior" and game changer. His stats certainly show that, even though some posters here only live in the moment.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

LoveThoseRams wrote: 3 years ago
I really wish that URI MBB/URI had thought of something to do for Senior Night that involved fans. I dont mean to have fans in attendance, but they could have done something special, like fans recording messages or a huge Zoom to show the seniors that we appreciated them...but especially for Fatts, who despite this year, has been a "warrior" and game changer. His stats certainly show that, even though some posters here only live in the moment.
Why not fans in attendance? I think the limit set by Her Royal Highness is 125. Why can a bar or a restaurant have 125 people but the RC can't?
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Agreed, that definitely would have been cool. I'm sure they have something planned for the guys tonight with their families at least, and we'll see how it plays out, but some video submissions from fans would have been a really nice idea to.
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Perhaps they can do a Zoom video connection to family members on the main video scoreboard. Something like this was done several years back for TJ Buchanan's senior night. His wife and child were unable to be there in person due to his son's medical issues. They both however made a surprise video appearance.
Last edited by RF1 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Bill Koch
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Bill Koch »

ramster wrote: 3 years ago The subject came up because the parents of players will not be able to attend. A shame, especially in many arenas in other states families will be able to attend Senior Night.

Back to the game
For the record, Ramster, I offered to give up my seat the day we were approved to return to the Ryan Center. I would have gladly sacrificed it to a parent or family member and continued working from home. My brother was a college student-athlete and I saw how much my parents did to attend his games throughout the years. I was told given the number of expected requests that it wasn't a simple either/or calculation.

Criticize my job performance all you want. That's your right. But keep my name off your lips when you try to gin up some disingenuous keyboard outrage like this.

Get this thread back to celebrating the seniors. They deserve the focus. It's been an absolutely brutal year for them both on and off the court dealing with the realities of the pandemic and more. They'll be streaming the ceremonies live on the men's basketball Instagram page.

Last edited by Bill Koch 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
5 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

What about us folks who don't do social media?
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

theblueram wrote: 3 years ago What about us folks who don't do social media?
You shouldn't need an account or anything. Here is the link to the MBB instagram page, should be able to view whatever they have planned very easily.

https://www.instagram.com/rhodymbb/
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

......I am hoping Steve and Don dedicate the entire pregame to it......
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Why is this announced so late?
Seems like an afterthought.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Such a sorry way for an all time Rhody great to go out. Fatts was perhaps the most polarizing player in the last 20+ years but he brought intensity and passion every night and not many 5’9” players accomplished more at this level. A huge salute to Fatts. He was criminally under coached these last 3 years.
5 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Look at baby Fatts! He’s all grown up now-

1 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

I hope Fatts can go out at home a winner. Many past Ram players have not been able to do so as some of the ugliest Ryan Center losses have come on this emotional night. Just think back to how EC, Jarred, Jarvis, and all went out in 2018 versus a bad St Joe's.
1 x
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

Honestly I dont care anymore, let Fatts put up 60 shots lets gooooooo
2 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

ramster wrote: 3 years ago Why is this announced so late?
Not sure there was much of a reason to announce it before now. Realistically anyone available to watch it was already going to be available, no sense advertising it weeks in advance
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
theblueram
Frank Keaney

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 3 years ago
ramster wrote: 3 years ago Why is this announced so late?
Not sure there was much of a reason to announce it before now. Realistically anyone available to watch it was already going to be available, no sense advertising it weeks in advance
What else do people in RI have to do on a Covid Tuesday?
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

theblueram wrote: 3 years ago
Why not fans in attendance? I think the limit set by Her Royal Highness is 125. Why can a bar or a restaurant have 125 people but the RC can't?
That is the question fans, administrators and reporters should be asking over and over again.
It makes zero sense that the families of players should not be allowed into the Ryan Center not just for this Senior Night Game but for all games.
An 8,000 seat arena and the parent's of players are not allowed in.
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

theblueram wrote: 3 years ago

That is the question fans, administrators and reporters should be asking over and over again.
It makes zero sense that the families of players should not be allowed into the Ryan Center not just for this Senior Night Game but for all games.
An 8,000 seat arena and the parent's of players are not allowed in.
How dare you question a democrat governor! Off with your head!
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

PeteRI wrote: 3 years ago
I'll be right there with you!!
Pete I almost mentioned you when I posted that! I knew you'd be right there with me!
0 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

Fatts tribute
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Direct link to the ceremonies. Not sure if you need an account or not to view live.

https://www.instagram.com/rhodymbb/live/
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Well that was quick. Not much to it.
1 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

This should be welcome news for those that were very concerned about family members not being there.

Last edited by adam914 3 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
2 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

adam914 wrote: 3 years ago
NICE!!!!!!
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

....nice start.....7-0
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
URI_05
ARD

Unread post by URI_05 »

Why pull walker first? Makes no sense.
1 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Does Walker have foul trouble? Thought he looked great early why take him out?
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Nice to see Cox has learned nothing. Yeah, take out the guy with 5 of your first 8 points...
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Walker out 3 minutes and some odd seconds. Martin in.
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Hah! Came here to see how many people are wondering why walker is out of the game...
0 x
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

WTF. He takes out Walker after 4 minutes and 5 points. His subs are beyond belief. Why Martin coach?
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

steveystuds06 wrote: 3 years ago Does Walker have foul trouble? Thought he looked great early why take him out?
He hasn't committed a foul, it's just our head coach being completely clueless
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

eli#10 wrote: 3 years ago WTF. He takes out Walker after 4 minutes and 5 points. His subs are beyond belief. Why Martin coach?
So he can take a deep three from the wing and miss badly
0 x
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Cox has his picture taken with the players with his mask on? Unbelievable.
2 x
URI_05
ARD

Unread post by URI_05 »

Yikes, this current lineup. Fatts better find his shot or this is going to get ugly.
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

eli#10 wrote: 3 years ago Cox has his picture taken with the players with his mask on? Unbelievable.
......hopefully he had a haircut for the nite......
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Lol someone said we operate like a CYO team and I couldn’t agree more.

Pull a functioning player out for no reason, put in Harris.

What lead?
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Martin looking good huh. Follow the shot and he would have gotten the rebound instead of just watching it.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Less than 8 minutes in and we have had more subs than D'Angelos.
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

How about a TO Coach???????
1 x