2/6 | UMass | 8:00PM (ESPN2)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Re: 2/6 | UMass | 8:00PM (ESPN2)

Unread post by section(105) »

......can we sign Carey up for the transfer portal......?
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Walker looking good needs to play 30 minutes
2 x
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Guess it is OK with Cox if Mitchell takes a 3 pointer.
0 x
Joe95
ARD

Unread post by Joe95 »

Another Shit performance 😂😂
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

.......I like Tim Welsh......on TV....
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Gators1
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by Gators1 »

Why is Walker out AGAIN?
1 x
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Walker out Martin in WTF Walker cannot be stopped down low.
What am I missing? Can someone enlighten me?
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Shep to Mitch on ally’s look great
0 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

section(105) wrote: 3 years ago .......I like Tim Welsh......on TV....
Once he took that job he became persona non grata eternally.
0 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

That play were Betrand knocked the ball out of bounds was the fastest that I have seen him move.
0 x
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRams916 »

Wow Betrand sucks with URI. Can't hit anything
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Got the practice squad out there again.
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Betrand is an absolute nothing.

Doesn’t care about anything except chucking up terrible shots.
0 x
Go Rhody
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

What a fucking mess. Let's keep Martin and Betrand in, 2 players who can't hit a shot -.-
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

How do people excuse Harris’ play? It baffles my mind that anyone who watches any amount of basketball thinks he is an A-10 level player.
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
URI_05
ARD

Unread post by URI_05 »

Hot garbage
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

They bring Leggett back in and what do you know, he gets a bucket.
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

section(105) wrote: 3 years ago ......can we sign Carey up for the transfer portal......?
......and AB.......
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

What the f is going on here? Why are we playing our bench? INFURIATING!!!!
0 x
Mobley was fouled.
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by KingstonLane »

It’s not what anyone here wants to hear but it’s quite obvious Cox is looking past this season. Letting everyone get run, probably the right thing to do. If you cared about this game or the rest of this season a lot of these guys would not be getting minutes
0 x
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

David Cox should be fired after this game. I don't fucking care if they make yet another run in the 2nd half. He is screwing up the rotation.
1 x
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Cox substitution pattern makes no sense. Things are not bad enough and we have to also put up with him and his subs.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Why the hell is Walker out??? The guy was freaking dominating..Cox with yet another bad half
2 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

KingstonLane wrote: 3 years ago It’s not what anyone here wants to hear but it’s quite obvious Cox is looking past this season. Letting everyone get run, probably the right thing to do. If you cared about this game or the rest of this season a lot of these guys would not be getting minutes
This may be true but it's not right.
2 x
Mobley was fouled.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Blue Man wrote: 3 years ago How do people excuse Harris’ play? It baffles my mind that anyone who watches any amount of basketball thinks he is an A-10 level player.
Shhhh, we’re not allowed to criticize the biggest bust in URI history. He is holier than thou to people on this board.
1 x
Go Rhody
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Saw DJ in at the end of the half. Why? We all know his defense is suspect. Why no Walker?

Cox is absolutely non-sensical with his subs. Did Martin play?
0 x
URI_05
ARD

Unread post by URI_05 »

KingstonLane wrote: 3 years ago It’s not what anyone here wants to hear but it’s quite obvious Cox is looking past this season. Letting everyone get run, probably the right thing to do. If you cared about this game or the rest of this season a lot of these guys would not be getting minutes
So we’re now at the 3D chess level of coaching. The simple answer is usually the correct one.
1 x
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

RI_Bred wrote: 3 years ago
I mean I get what you’re trying to say but at the end of the day what is there left to prove this year? If I’m the coach (and know next year is one of the most important of my career), I’d want everyone on my roster getting as much experience as possible
0 x
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

URI_05 wrote: 3 years ago
So we’re now at the 3D chess level of coaching. The simple answer is usually the correct one.
Lol no. It’s as simple as more playing = more experience = HOPEFULLY better players
0 x
URI_05
ARD

Unread post by URI_05 »

KingstonLane wrote: 3 years ago
I mean I get what you’re trying to say but at the end of the day what is there left to prove this year? If I’m the coach (and know next year is one of the most important of my career), I’d want everyone on my roster getting as much experience as possible
Or you want to get at least a single bye in the A10 tourney and make a run to save your job this year?
0 x
URI_05
ARD

Unread post by URI_05 »

Lol no. It’s as simple as more playing = more experience = HOPEFULLY better players
Are you Cox’s agent or one of his family members?
0 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

I just think you play to win every game. And clearly this is not the way to do it.
0 x
Mobley was fouled.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Why? So you can have a ten man rotation?
0 x
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Or you want to get at least a single bye in the A10 tourney and make a run to save your job this year?
They could lose every last game on the schedule this year and Cox isn’t getting fired.
0 x
kmillr
Abdul Fox

Unread post by kmillr »

AB,Carey, Martin, Harris...
All weak links.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Would prefer a shorter rotation to get ready for an A-10 tournament with a very beatable field.

Considering that we haven’t seen Wood yet and Shepp gets the most minutes I would say Cox isn’t committed to anything at all - which is most worrisome.

He’s a rudderless ship and so is this team.
2 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

theblueram wrote: 3 years ago

Why? So you can have a ten man rotation?
If AB and/or Carey don’t figure it out (to some extent), you’re pretty screwed
0 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

Bertrand and Carey are awful. I can’t believe someone thought Bertrand he would be the best player on the team day one. Carey is so overrated. He can’t play the point, he can’t shoot and he turns the ball over. Other than that he is a real asset. Too bad the season wasn’t over right now.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

They could lose every last game on the schedule this year and Cox isn’t getting fired.
What does that mean? Sure he could lose every last game and not get fired, but he won't want to see fans in the stands next year.
0 x
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Blue Man wrote: 3 years ago

Would prefer a shorter rotation to get ready for an A-10 tournament with a very beatable field.

Considering that we haven’t seen Wood yet and Shepp gets the most minutes I would say Cox isn’t committed to anything at all - which is most worrisome.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d also prefer to see our best players getting the lions share of minutes. Despite what everyone here in the last 10 minutes thinks, I don’t enjoy watching every game for us to get our doors blown off.

My original point was just more of an observation of how I felt he is distributing minutes. I don’t love it in the moment but can recognize why it could matter
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

14 points 6 rebounds for Walker.

9 minutes.

Clueless Cox.
3 x
Go Rhody
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

RamStock wrote: 3 years ago Bertrand and Carey are awful. I can’t believe someone thought Bertrand he would be the best player on the team day one. Carey is so overrated. He can’t play the point, he can’t shoot and he turns the ball over. Other than that he is a real asset. Too bad the season wasn’t over right now.
The person who said that about Betrand, and also who has defended Cox every day since he got hired, has been awfully quiet around these parts the last month...
Last edited by Rhody15 3 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
2 x
Go Rhody
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

I think I have pretty good basketball mind but I have to admit I have no effing idea what Cox is trying to do. Guys all drive to the basket, no passes out to the open corners and of course no mid range jumpers. How many drives to the basket wound up with bad shots or blocked shots. UMASS makes the extra pass for open 3s.
Oh and Mitchell shoots a 3.
1 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Rhody15 wrote: 3 years ago 14 points 6 rebounds for Walker.

9 minutes.

Clueless Cox.
Gotta make sure Harris has a chance to try hard
1 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

If your theory is true, why is Sheppard leading the team with 18 minutes and why is an injured Fatts second?
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Don’t get me wrong, I’d also prefer to see our best players getting the lions share of minutes. Despite what everyone here in the last 10 minutes thinks, I don’t enjoy watching every game for us to get our doors blown off.

My original point was just more of an observation of how I felt he is distributing minutes. I don’t love it in the moment but can recognize why it could matter
It doesn't matter. He is killing any credibility he has as a coach.
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Rhody15 wrote: 3 years ago 14 points 6 rebounds for Walker.

9 minutes.

Clueless Cox.
Gotta make sure Harris has a chance to try hard
And jump really high. And use his good vision to direct the offense from the top of the key.
0 x
Go Rhody
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Betrand is way overrated and Carey is barely playable cut their minutes
0 x
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Martin getting a free ride on this board. You can put him with Bertrand and Carey based on what I have seen.

How can Walker only play 9 minutes?
2 x
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 3 years ago

If your theory is true, why is Sheppard leading the team with 18 minutes and why is an injured Fatts second?
Every single poster on this board better hope Shep comes back next year. And I bet Cox is praying even harder than any of us

Nothing says “come play at URI” like benching one of the all time players in your schools history
1 x